User Reviews for Demerol (Page 2)

Pain 9.5
Light Sedation 8.0

Reviews for Demerol

DougPal February 18, 2013

For Pain: “Used for kidney stones and tooth operations. Made me sing like a Beatle.”

lola99 · Taken for less than 1 month February 10, 2013

For Pain: “I was given this for pain associated with Crohn's disease and for a migraine during a hospital stay. It works great for pain, lasting longer than Dilaudid. Only down side is both times it made me throw up even though I was given anti nausea medication 30 minutes beforehand.”

Erocep January 13, 2013

For Light Sedation: “I got my tonsils removed and so I have to take it and it makes my body feel tingly, and dizzy but that's also because I take it on an empty stomach since I cannot eat much, it also helps to put you to sleep and sleep through the pain”

XcrossbonesX · Taken for 5 to 10 years January 4, 2013

For Pain: “This medicine is sadly being used less and less in the emergency rooms. I am tolerant to morphine and allergic to many other pain medications. Demerol not only stops the pain but it stops it for a good 14-16 hours if I am given 100 mg IM with 50 mg Gravol. I walk out of the ER on my own like I took a Tylenol. Takes a few hours to kick in but when it does I usually get the best 10-12 hours of sleep which helps decrease the pain since I can rest and let my muscles be at rest. I pray they do not discontinue this medicine. It helps many people for break through pain where others don't, especially for use people with CRPS and Fibromyalgia. It's a miracle medicine for me. I use this about 3 to 4 times a year if needed for breakthrough pain lasting more than 72 hours.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month September 19, 2012

For Pain: “Excellent fast acing and long acting pain medicine without nausea and vomiting associated with most all other pain medications.”

Anonymous · Taken for 6 months to 1 year September 11, 2012

For Pain: “I suffer from severe chronic Migraines. At least once a week I have to go in and get a shot. I hate to do it but the pain is so severe that that is the only option right now.”

Anonymous · Taken for 2 to 5 years August 26, 2012

For Pain: “Just wanna say Demerol is the best pain reliever I've ever taken. I received in the ER through IV. I have Crohn's disease and it worked better then anything else I was given.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month June 1, 2012

For Pain: “Great pain relief after abdominal surgery”

Anonymous March 7, 2012

For Pain: “I went into the hospital over the weekend for a pancreas attack. Nothing can be done for you other than pain management. I was given Demerol via IV and had the best sleep of my life that entire weekend. It was almost like a great vacation. It went in the IV, I said bye bye, and fell asleep for hours with no pain. I loved it, no withdrawal symptoms, no side effects. ”

Anonymous February 7, 2012

For Pain: “I had a blood clot in my left lung. The pain, which morphine wouldn't even come close to touching, was unbearable. Every time I took a breath I would get a sharp stabbing pain. For 3 days I sat in a the chair in my hospital room because I couldn't lay back or put pressure on my back because of the pain. Then one night it got so bad that The nurse called my doctor and was able to give me a shot of Demerol. Needless to say that was the first night I actually slept and pretty comfortably I might add. Within 2 min of the shot the pain was completly gone and I could breath again.”

Anonymous November 21, 2011

For Pain: “I was in the ER for a broken orbital bone and they gave me a shot of Demerol and I felt like a million bucks. Instant relief. World's better than Morphine.”

sick and in pain July 6, 2011

For Pain: “This medication even though only one half absorbed orally was the best pain medicine I have ever used for my Lupus pain. It worked fast and if I was not in Pain in 3-4 hrs. I did not have a hung over effect. I have not taken this medicine in several years because the pain medicines were swapped to Dilaudid for several years. Demerol is not as strong which was great and did not cause constipation.”

Anonymous November 25, 2010

For Light Sedation: “I was given this medicine during my colonoscopy. I'm an individual who is very sensitive to medications and I have an autoimmune disease. I don't like feeling drugged and this medicine gave me no side effects such as nausea or feelings as though I am dying as I had from morphine. I have had anesthesia too...unsure what was in that...but it also made me very nauseous. So this is a medicine I highly recommend if you need to have a medical procedure done but don't want to be completed sedated.”

Jen197666 September 2, 2010

For Pain: “I have been suffering for years with my lower back and degeneration disease in lower back. I have been on everything imaginable from Lortabs to Roxicodone. Today I was given 100mg Demerol along with Lortab 10's. I feel like I'm living now instead of just existing!”

Anonymous April 18, 2010

For Pain: “I had a ruptured cyst on my ovaries and had just came out of surgery, the pain was so intense I had Demerol and Gravel in an injection. It was very good but extremely strong. The only side effects I found was a dry mouth but it helped me. Best medicine I have had in a long time.”

J browne March 30, 2010

For Pain: “I was prescribed Demerol by my dentist this morning. I have to have oral surgery tomorrow. I took a 50mg tablet and waited for the pain to subside. It didn't so I took another one. Still no luck. I called my dentist back and she told me to take 2 which I did. Still not much relief.”

clusterh January 10, 2010

For Pain: “Not even morphine takes away the pain of the cluster headaches like demerol”

ISY November 10, 2009

For Pain: “I have been taking Demerol for several years for pain and it is the only medication that has worked for me. It is amazing how well it works without side effects. ”

Anonymous October 16, 2009

For Pain: “Demerol when gave through iv is best when mixed with an anti nausea medication called Phenergan. It makes the Demerol work a lot better than when given alone.”

Eagle1455 October 1, 2009

For Pain: “I've found DEMEROL given through IM and IV, to be one of the MOST effective narcotic "PAIN RELIEVERS" given to me after a very traumatic accident and a broken neck”

Jimmy James September 17, 2009

For Pain: “I was having nerve pain after having dental work done. The nerve was compressed and it felt like I was getting shocked every couple of seconds. Demerol is first off, 50% less effective as a per oral medication (Tablet) than it is when it's given IM or IV. So I would have to take 100mg 4x/day. It did mute the pain, but it never went away and it wasn't a medication I was able to continue really functioning on because of the sedation.”

Anonymous September 17, 2009

For Pain: “I've been on pain therapy for two years with a cracked disc in my neck and two bulging discs also in my neck. They have caused loss of function in my right arm and severe migraines and back pain. We started with Vicodin and then moved to Percocet. I have built up a tolerance and never received total relief so my doctor put me on Demerol last week. I have to say the pain relief it gives me is great but the doctor told me to stop the Percocet completely. I think I should have tapered down first because I have had withdrawal symptoms for several days (night sweats, insomnia, etc) Demerol is great but if you've been on long term pain medicine, when you switch make sure you discuss with your doctor the side effects of transitioning from one medicine to another.”

KCMOMMA September 15, 2009

For Pain: “I was given Demorol for pain in the ER about (3)days ago for terrible menstrual cramps and I can say it is definitely a 10 for pain, but the side effects are not the best. I have been drowsy, thirsty, and still a little dizzy, but I guess it depends on the individual.”

Magicdog39 September 11, 2009

For Pain: “I was being treated in the ER for a bad gallbladder, and Pancreatitis. First they tried Morphine. It made me drunk but didn't touch the pain. Next she shot a big load of Demerol into my I.V. In ten seconds all my pain was gone! I only gave the Demerol an 8 because within 24 hours it stopped working for me. My Doctor then put me on Dilaudid. That fixed me good! I was on it for three days with some other I.V. Medicines to kick it in. He then took the gallbladder out and sent me home with two weeks worth of Dilaudid for pain. All these drugs are great but be careful.”

Anonymous August 17, 2009

For Pain: “I was recently in a bad car accident and while I wasn't severely injured, I was left with terrible pain in my back and shoulders. Demerol has been the main thing that's helped me to cope with my injuries and allow me to sleep at night. I am so grateful that my doctor suggested that I take it.”