User Reviews for Ludiomil

Learn more about Ludiomil.

Major Depressive Disorder 1 reviews 46 medications

Depression 2 reviews 79 medications

Other 1 reviews

0.0
Summary of Ludiomil reviews 4 reviews 8.0

Reviews for Ludiomil

For Depression "I tried Ludiomil over thirty years ago when I was severely depressed. Of all the different antidepressants that had been prescribed for me (amitriptyline, doxepin nortriptyline, desipramine, trazadone, etc.) Ludiomil was definitely the most effective of the ones I tried. Unfortunately, it like Remeron (which I tried years later) raised my liver enzymes and I was told by my physician (I was seeing a psychiatrist at the time) to discontinue using it. But I was lucky: just before I was scheduled to undergo electro-shock therapy to cure my intractable depression, I learned that I was allergic to the milk protein and after removing it from my diet I never again had the deep melancholy I had experienced before."

balticwolf (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder "I was pleased with the results of this medication. Eventually i was able to discontinue taking this medicine after 8 months."

Nachobev (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 13, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "I had been on Ludiomil for over 30 yrs and they discontinued it. I went on the generic maprotiline and now there going to stop it to. I'm beside myself. I have about another month and I will be out. This medicine saved my life, I can't believe they could just stop making it for those of us on it. They say it is not addictive, but let me tell you I have tried several times to get off of it and I get all the same symptoms I had over 30 years ago on top of the withdrawal symptom I'm going to get. Life is about to go bad again. The doctor and I talked he says he won't mix maprotiline with any other medicine and I'll have to be off it for 2 weeks and before starting another medicine. This will put me into a severe depression. Nothing else works."

Dottie122 February 3, 2014

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "I have been on maprotiline for over 20 years to treat my panic disorder. It was the only medication that worked and I tried just about all of them ( tricyclic antidepressants, MAO inhibitors, Prozac, Wellbutrin). Hands down, this medication had the least side effects, and the best coverage. I have been living a full life, panic free."

elkay January 7, 2011