User Reviews for Ludiomil

Learn more about Ludiomil.

Major Depressive Disorder 1 reviews 46 medications

Depression 2 reviews 79 medications

Summary of Ludiomil reviews 3 reviews 8.0

Reviews for Ludiomil

For Depression "I tried Ludiomil over thirty years ago when I was severely depressed. Of all the different antidepressants that had been prescribed for me (amitriptyline, doxepin nortriptyline, desipramine, trazadone, etc.) Ludiomil was definitely the most effective of the ones I tried. Unfortunately, it like Remeron (which I tried years later) raised my liver enzymes and I was told by my physician (I was seeing a psychiatrist at the time) to discontinue using it. But I was lucky: just before I was scheduled to undergo electro-shock therapy to cure my intractable depression, I learned that I was allergic to the milk protein and after removing it from my diet I never again had the deep melancholy I had experienced before."

balticwolf (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 10, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Major Depressive Disorder "I was pleased with the results of this medication. Eventually i was able to discontinue taking this medicine after 8 months."

Nachobev (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 13, 2015

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression "I had been on Ludiomil for over 30 yrs and they discontinued it. I went on the generic maprotiline and now there going to stop it to. I'm beside myself. I have about another month and I will be out. This medicine saved my life, I can't believe they could just stop making it for those of us on it. They say it is not addictive, but let me tell you I have tried several times to get off of it and I get all the same symptoms I had over 30 years ago on top of the withdrawal symptom I'm going to get. Life is about to go bad again. The doctor and I talked he says he won't mix maprotiline with any other medicine and I'll have to be off it for 2 weeks and before starting another medicine. This will put me into a severe depression. Nothing else works."

Dottie122 February 3, 2014

20 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Panic Disorder "I have been on maprotiline for over 20 years to treat my panic disorder. It was the only medication that worked and I tried just about all of them ( tricyclic antidepressants, MAO inhibitors, Prozac, Wellbutrin). Hands down, this medication had the least side effects, and the best coverage. I have been living a full life, panic free."

elkay January 7, 2011