User Reviews for Belviq (Page 4)

Obesity
8.2

Weight Loss
7.7

Summary of Belviq reviews 7.9 873 reviews

Reviews for Belviq

For Obesity "I started Bleviqs last night. I was told to take one 20mg pill before bed. Reason is because my dr said one of the side effects is being tired. Well I barely slept 6 hrs. Had opposite effects. However, I felt slightly dizzy, achey (even my hands hurt) and cold like symptoms. I don't know if the sneezing and coughing are a coincidence or a side effect. I have read it is, but I only had the one pill. We went to dinner tonight. After I ate, I got sick to my stomach and needed to lay down. I'm having the hardest time losing weight. I have been on a lot of different supplements. I'm not sure this is worth it."

Did this happen to you? (taken for less than 1 month) August 2, 2017

For Obesity "For the person talking about the cost. My Doctor gave me a coupon (more like an insurance card). I registered it while sitting at the pharmacy and a few hours later I was in the data base. It went from somewhere around $320.00 to $80.00. It seemed to offer reduced costs for insured or uninsured people."

Fez (taken for less than 1 month) August 1, 2017

For Obesity "I just started the drug three days ago. I did have headaches although it may have been from sugar withdrawal fatigue was a issue. I am still hungry but I watch what I eat. The drug allows a fullness much quicker. I have had a gasto by pass 20 years ago. I feel it's helpful. I will write my progress"

Ov July 30, 2017

For Obesity "I am on day 4 of taking belviq. I am currently only taking one pill a day because I forget to take the other pill. I am down 6.4 pounds with minimal side effects. I am very pleased with the results so far and excited to see the future results. My only problem is the cost of the pills. My insurance did not cover the medication but I did use the discount card from the manufacturer. I paid out of pocket about $90.00"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) July 25, 2017

For Obesity "I've been taking BELVIQ for almost 4 months without any weight loss. I have been eating healthy meals and walking about a mile and more practically every day. Why won't the weight start falling off? Please help. Tat"

Hunchback (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 15, 2017

For Weight Loss "This has been good for losing weight. I was skeptical at first because of all of the reported side effects and the costs. I checked with my pharmacy and found that my insurance paid all but $50 for it and the manufacturer will send you a card to cover the rest. There was ZERO cost for me to try this. First, the side effects. I had them all. Tired, joint pains, back pain, feeling foggy... It was bad. Everything subsided within the first 2 weeks. The back pain still remains but not as bad. Now results. I started the drug on 4/9/2017 at 306 pounds. As of 7/10/2017 I am down to 278 pounds. I walk daily and don't feel like eating too much. My cravings for sugar, soda and fast food is all but gone. My weight loss is slowing now though."

Randy M July 11, 2017

For Weight Loss "I took it for a week. The first 2 days brought a headache & then that resolved. I was also a bit nauseous those 2 days. I did notice that I had almost no appetite right away so apparently it is effective for satiation. I had to stop taking it though because of the following: Cough started immediately & resolved the day after I stopped taking it. Dizziness & difficulty with balance. Deep sleep & trouble getting going in the morning, when the dizziness was worse. Sneezing & sore throat. Now this may sound like maybe I just had a cold, but I didn't. I am a nurse and I know the difference. Some difficulty with memory & concentration. Dry mouth, but that is no big deal. Another deterrent for me is that I can't take my migraine med with it"

Zsu Zsa July 8, 2017

For Weight Loss "So not worth it. I had all kinds of bad effects on the drug but I am here to warn you about stopping it. My doctor told me to stop it cold turkey. I figured since it was a selective SSRI I didn't have to taper. I have spent the next six weeks with profound problems with my heart rhythm. Which my doctor thinks is unrelated. After 5 + weeks things seem to be calming a bit. But not after all kinds of tests and a halter monitor and of course... that looks like your crazy. I know it was this drug. The only time I ever had them before was after discontinuing Celexa without tapering. (when it was first introduced and they didn't know better). I don't have palpitations normally. There is no good information on this drug. You are just winging it"

Bad effects during and after (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 3, 2017

For Weight Loss "Started May 1st- have lost 29 pounds as of today June 30th. Changed eating habits, not much exercise yet but is coming soon. $277 per month. Used a coupon on line , only took off 5 dollars. Does anyone know one that will work? Insurance doesn't pay for mine. Please help. I want to continue on this journey but takes a chunk out of the budget."

Kelly 61 June 30, 2017

For Obesity "The drug works. I needed to exercise. Without exercise I experience headaches and weird dreams. But when I get out and walk, I feel much much better and the weight comes off faster to. I went from 265lb down to 195lb and my enthusiasm for walking and finally hitting the gym, increased. I lost all the cravings and especially the feeling that I'm hungry all the time. That helped me get started. Then eating very little each day and exercising is the key. HOWEVER, don't stop taking the drug cold turkey. I did that, and I turned lethargic and my hunger and cravings for fast food, doughnuts, ice cream and sugary drinks hit twice as hard and I gained back 85 pounds. Now I have to start all over."

FrankWhite June 15, 2017

For Weight Loss "It's been one month today had my follow up appointment to see if I can continue on the medication and I lost 9.3pounds. I didn't weigh myself at all during this period of time so I was super excited when the doctor told me today let's see how the next 4 week goes"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 15, 2017

For Weight Loss "I started taking Belviq May 31, 2017. I am 5"5 and start weight was 279lb. Today makes day 15 and I am at 273lb and that's the number with my period on (sorry TMI) so it will be lower once it's gone off. I know 6lbs in 15 days sounds like nothing right? But I haven't exercised nor watched what I have been eating, only because I wanted to see what the pill had to offer. Not only did I lose weight but I lost inches!!! How many inches? I'm not sure, I just know that I can wear my rompers and tight shirts without my girdle "

Determined2Bfiner June 14, 2017

"I am taking 10 mg twice a day and have been for three weeks. I have lost 3 lbs. My muscles are sore and I have had headaches and a little dizziness. I am 55 and have been on an extremely strict diet for the past 6 months, unable to lose a pound. So, while I am not sure about doing another month, I am glad to have lost the three pounds. I am not sure the risks outweigh the benefits. There is no warning for sun exposure for this medication, and I feel there should be. I am have a darker complexion and do not usually burn in the sun. I recently spent a week in Mexico. The first day, I got so sunburned that I had to sit in the shade for the remainder of our vacation. It turned into a terrible skin poisoning. After 8 days I am still sunburned."

Keetto (taken for less than 1 month) June 12, 2017

For Weight Loss "I started taking the medication April 26, 2017 and as of today I have lost 18lbs. It's a slow process but stay with it and u will see some results. It's a time release medication. I take one pill at 9am and the second pill at nine pm. This time works better for me. I noticed when I wake up early morning I am not hungry. Good luck everybody."

Kekecece June 11, 2017

For Weight Loss "I started this pill on Tuesday night. My insurance paid for it (after pre-authorization from my Dr) my co pay was 50 but pharmacist referred me to website and coupon paid that, so I thought what the hell! I'll try it. I am 45 and 4'10 on Monday I weighed 180. On Thursday I weighed 176 so 2 full days on medication I lost 4 lbs. I started my diet one strict 1000 calorie diet and now I am so full I feel sick if I eat more than about 700, but my husband makes me eat. The only side effect I have had from it is insomnia, so I take 10 mg at 7 am 10 mg at 3 pm. No side effects now. I absolutely love it!!!!"

Amy Spence June 10, 2017

For Weight Loss "My week and I've lost 10 pounds, no major side effects except frequent urination wondering has anyone else had this issue."

Grannymandy (taken for less than 1 month) June 10, 2017

For Weight Loss "First time I took this pill I had a severe headache. My head was hurting so bad that it actually made me vomit several times. The second time I took this pill I only had a headache but nothing as bad as the first time. I felt as if this pill did not cut my appetite. I was still hungry and constantly always thinking about food. Other days I wasn't as hungry but I was still hungry and wanting to snack. I was on the pill for about 3 weeks before I went to the doctor to weigh in. I only lost two pounds. This pill also made me very, very tired. I didn't want to do anything but sleep. Even after just waking up I would still be tired."

S. Dani June 10, 2017

For Weight Loss "I am 4'11, 188lbs, I was given this prescription about 3 months ago, Belviq 10mg/2 x day and I just filled it yesterday. I used the coupon and paid $88.00 which was better than the $300.00 - Today is my first day and after the 2nd dose I have a bad headache and some chills. I have been reading the reviews and some noticed side effect went away after 3 days so I am being optimistic. I haven't been hungry today but I have made myself eat. I will post more in a week....keep me in your prayers :-)"

J0022 June 6, 2017

For Weight Loss "I have been on Belviq for nearly 18 months. I take 10mg twice daily. My BMI was in the Obese range. I never had a single side-effect. Not one. I have lost 45 pounds. The medication just took away my cravings. I never even want dessert, and have no desire for sweets. Sadly, I am not an exercise person, so I've done very little of that. Some people might think that 45 pounds indicates a slow weight loss in that length of time, but I am thrilled. By the way, I just eat normal food, but much smaller portions. I just get full very quickly I'm sorry some people have had problems or side effects. For me, it was a life saver. I still have 25# more to lose, but I'll get there. Then I have to figure out how to keep it off!"

DGG2017 (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 31, 2017

For Weight Loss "Today is my second day using Belviq 20mg. The first day I didn't noticed any decrease in appetite however I know it takes a while to work. Today I literally forced myself to eat as I wasn't hungry at all. Only thing that has me a bit concerned is the dizziness, I work on my feet all day and today I've been sitting most of the time cause I feel like I'm falling. Mind you, I'm still eating just less calories however I shouldn't feel this dizzy by cutting calories. I couldn't even drive. Now I hope this goes away with time. I'll update in two weeks or so."

Taking a last chance (taken for less than 1 month) May 31, 2017

For Weight Loss "Belviq works great for an appetite suppressant. I experienced a little dizziness and a couple first days I had slight chills. (? - could be coincidental) But 2 times I took it with Allegra-D and had a horrible headache - the kind where you think you might puke...migraine status. I truly believe it was just the combination of the pseudoephedrine and the Belviq. I've never had a headache when I take it with Benadryl. (I have bad spring allergies)"

fab50 (taken for less than 1 month) May 31, 2017

For Obesity "So, I started Belviq a few weeks ago. I sometimes had headaches but nothing a few advil wouldn't cure. It took about 2 weeks for the medicine to start working. You have to be patient and remember this is a serotonin drug, it affects the serotonin in your brain which controls hunger and feeling of fullness. Its just like when you take medicine for depression, anxiety, OCD, they take time to work. I was very surprised I did not have any side effects to speak of because I am super sensitive to medication. I am less hungry and I do not find myself thinking of food all the time. I have lost 4 pounds thus far and am hoping to continue losing weight."

cdutch08 May 30, 2017

For Obesity "I've been on Belviq for 3 days and have felt nothing. I haven't felt the urge to eat less nor any side effects. Anybody want to share and let me know when I would start to feel something. Thanks"

Putplejo17 (taken for less than 1 month) May 29, 2017

For Weight Loss "I started Belviq 3.5 weeks ago. I tried sorting through reviews just like you are, to see if the $85 a mo. after coupon was worth it. I found it difficult because too many reviewers left out their gender, weight & height so I just decided to just try it. With that being said, I'm a 5'1 female with a desk job weighing 163 to start. I now weight 157. This medication suppresses my appetite slightly, but it suppresses my cravings a lot & I don't give like before. The first day I thought I wasted $85 because the headache was awful. It subsided the next day. I do feel sleepier at night, so I haven't worked out at all, I'm going to purchase another month & add Exercise. I'm also on a 1200 cal diet that I track on my fitness pal"

Reeseri (taken for less than 1 month) May 26, 2017

For Obesity "The first two days of being on Belviq were rough but after that I knew right away it was worth it. My insurance does not cover it but with the coupon it is $80. I did not get a refill thinking I would be fine without it but my weight loss has stalled and I am back to eating how I was before hand even tho I'm trying not too. My starting weight was 201 and my current weight after one month of taking it is 183 without exercise since I was healing from surgery! I just refilled it and will start going to gym with my next paycheck!"

JessST May 25, 2017

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...