User Reviews for Belviq

Learn more about Belviq.

Belviq Rating Summary

8.4/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 65 medications used in the treatment of Obesity.

Reviews for Belviq to treat Obesity

"Call the manufacturer!!! I got mine for 82$!!"

Anonymous March 21, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Just started on Belviq this morning. I'm 5'2" and weigh 227 lbs. I used to take Adipex after I gave birth to my kids and lost 68 lbs. My body got used to it, so my doctor prescribed Belviq. I'm not as jittery as I felt when I was on Adipex, but I do have the dry mouth ( as if I were dehydrated). So far this morning I've only had a cup of coffee, a cup of hot lemon water with apple cider vinegar. I'm about to have a piece of toast with peanut butter. My doc says to eat something even if I'm not hungry. I'll update in a week."

SAHMof2 (taken for less than 1 month) March 6, 2017

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have been taking this for 3 weeks, feels no change at all , like it is like am not taking anything, have been watching what I eat and walking treadmill 45 min, Iv'e lost 3 pounds, but I feel no change in appetite or no side effects, are some people immune to this drug?"

ChristineHul (taken for less than 1 month) March 4, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Started taking Belviq a week ago. Proud to say that I'm 4 1/2 lbs down. No headaches but it makes me sleep more sound. No dry mouth. No other side effects. Highly recommend it."

GayleJayy February 25, 2017

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Well I just started the medication two days ago so I can't really say yet. But I can say the first day of taking it, I had the worst headache . But today, I haven't had a headache (knock on wood) I just hope this works, it's a struggle to shed pounds. I really just need a Jump start. I'm curious what time do you guys take the second pill? Is it 12 hours apart? I will report again soon"

Paris Renae February 24, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I am classified in the BMI category as Obese. I need to lose 90 pounds and since starting Belviq in October of 2016, I have lost 42 pounds. I have started working out because I know that just losing the weight was not enough, I needed to get my heart going again. I have no medical issue, so it is just about getting the weight off for a healthier me. It took about 3 weeks for my weight to start dropping and it has been slow. There are times where I will lose weight and then I might go a week and lose nothing. The main thing is not giving up and getting out their and trying. I can't run a mile YET, but I can walk it. Don't stop trying and don't give up on Belviq. It really helps."

Rugs3131 February 15, 2017

22 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I am a 57 year old woman with about 75 pounds to lose. ( If I want to get into a "normal" weight range.) Have been taking 10 mgs of Belviq 2x a day for the 2 1/2 weeks. The first day and a half, my stomach was a bit unsettled. And sometimes I feel a little fuzzy headed - but not terribly so. Now, the only thing that I experience is sleeping longer than I usually do. And - this is not a bad thing - but I sleep much better than I have for a long, long time. I feel like the medication is definitely taking the edge off of my hunger. While I don't "forget to eat" I am certainly satisfied with eating much less. Probably 1/3 to 1/2 as much. And, so far, I have a lot more will power saying "no" to things that I usually wouldn't pass by. 3# down!"

BethR5025 January 28, 2017

18 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I gave the medication some points because once I started taking it I immediately experienced a decrease in appetite. I took 10 mg In the morning and 10 mg At night. The first side effect was dry mouth and the second was a crushing headache. I read this site and decided to work through it. On day 3 I developed a huge rash on my inner thigh and then on my shoulders. I had strange nightmares and felt out of sorts. I then had irritability and snapped at my husband and young son on several occasions after day 5. On day six I stood up and felt dizzy and weird. I developed anxiety and felt upset. By day 8 my husband and I talked and looked up the contents of the medicine. Serotonin stood out to me. I stopped taking it. Run."

Creole38 (taken for less than 1 month) January 23, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Was told to loss weight and started Belviq on November 2016. As of yesterday's appointment(1/18/17) lost 0 (zero) lbs and was advised to stop medication as I should of lost some weight by now. Left to deal with my weightloss journey on my own. Nothing else Rx'ed."

FM/Hypo Mom January 19, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have a lot of faith in belviq. I will be starting the drug twice a day tomorrow morning. I'll post something every week. Wish me luck :)"

Mo Away January 4, 2017

16 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"About to start this pill belviq my doctor prescribed for me today..but was wondering how can I try it without spending $278 ..any advise"

LisaAndy (taken for less than 1 month) November 30, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I started as a size 26 weighing 285 pounds on May 15th 2015. As of right now, November 1st 2016, I weigh 173 and am wearing a size 12. I take Belviq twice a day, walk for at least 30min per day as I walk the dogs and I use Lose It! to track my foods so that I am aware of what I eat. Even if I go over my recommended daily caloric intake, at least I know where I stand. This has worked perfectly for me and my weight loss, I've been very successful. The only thing that changed for me was adding in Belviq, I was already doing the rest for at least a year prior avg was unsuccessful. So, I credit Belviq for my success."

kajirae (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 1, 2016

66 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I've been on Belviq for about a week now. I take it at 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. I have ZERO side effects and am almost concerned maybe it just doesn't take to me. As far as hunger, I almost feel like I'm eating less during the day but when night hits (even after my second pill) I feel so hungry. Like insatiably hungry. So I drink a bottle or 2 of water and I still really want something to eat. No weight loss yet, praying I don't gain even more. I'm almost 5'7 and I weigh 230 lbs. I have been more active and concious of my food choices. I will update soon!"

Jessica Shelton (taken for less than 1 month) October 18, 2016

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Well day 2 and I already have this medication figured out! I have been on Zoloft for 13 yrs, up & down a few times with dose. It is known that Zoloft when started or a dose increase you lose weight! I have many times. I was so afraid of side effects it took me a wk to take it. When I did I felt nothing! Not 1 side effect. The reason because it's a serotonin drug. So from being on the Zoloft, which does the same thing, and even the side effect wld have been the same, I felt nothing. If your on Zoloft or similar, don't waste your money!! It's not going to wk! I'm so annoyed! Erin"

Erin1213 October 11, 2016

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"When I first took BELVIQ I lost a lot of weight, around 64 pounds within months of taking it. But like a lot of people I stopped taking it because I thought I could keep the weight off, but I just couldn't because Obesity is a disease that requires life long management with medication, nutrition, lifestyle, and exercise. I am back on BELVIQ and am happy to report I am doing well. BELVIQ has been the answer to my prayers - It is the only thing that has helped me loose weight, ever. I did try therapy w/ nutritionist, psychologist, personal trainers who were really expensive, and even pre-packaged. None of that worked for me. But now with BELVIQ I can say no to junk foods and unhealthy foods this helps me maintain a healthy weight."

Fit4LifeMilan October 3, 2016

32 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"My BMI was 38 so I tried it. I hated the side effects. They were bad. It even hurt when I went to the bathroom! No pounds lost either after 3 weeks. It's expensive too."

ShirleyMo (taken for less than 1 month) September 27, 2016

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Wife wasted money on it. Like she says, " I'm still fat""

JoeZZZO September 23, 2016

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have been on Belviq for a week. I have not had any side effects and I've lost 7lbs. It's been a great motivator. I check in next week to give more update."

Chelle69 September 21, 2016

30 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"So far so good, I have been taking Belviq for 1 week now, first 2 days had a terrible headach so I took my belviq with 4 ibprophen ech time to avoid the headache it was terrible lastnight and this morning took just the belviq no headaches so no extra med. I still have kinda a medicated feel in my brain but that happens to me with any new med i take i figure that to will pass. Other than that no side effects. First 2 days didnt effect my appetite at all but I still ate 1200 calories. From 3rd day on i have had to make myself eat literally. I am 41 yrs old, 5'6" tall and weigh 265 lbs. The highest I have ever been. So im gonna give it an honest try, through in some zumba and richard simmons videos and will report back. Good luck everyone"

Cholosgirl (taken for less than 1 month) September 4, 2016

22 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"BELVIQ is awesome I recommend it to anyone who wants to loose weight and keep it off. But try really hard to document the side effects and tell your doctor about them. I was on it for a few months and had lost a lot of weight I felt really good. But it started to make my Attention Deficit Disorder symptoms a lot worse it just got to the point where I started loosing things and forgetting a lot so I stopped taking it and surely was not able to keep weight off without it. So now I am going back to it, this time I will be working closer with my doctor and we will focus on finding the correct maintenance dosing to help me maintain healthy body weight. Also I recommend taking a Prolactin Blocker to help avoid tumors."

mberjan (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 2, 2016

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"This medic did not work for me. Not even a little."

KrissW (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 27, 2016

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have only been on it 4 days - I take two pills a day. I have not noticed anything other than being extremely tired and my back hurts. I'll keep it up for a week or so, but if nothing changes will go off of it. I'm so disappointed."

Csmine (taken for less than 1 month) August 15, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I started on Beliq 3 days ago. I will post an update after I go to the doctor in a month for a weigh in and to see how I handle the med. I will say that is has decreased my appetite and I get fuller faster in the short time I have taken them. I take 10 mg twice daily. The side effect I have noticed is a dry mouth... Therefore, I'm drinking more water."

Robinbird67 August 6, 2016

18 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I am a woman in my 40s and I weighed 290 lbs. when I started taking Belviq in Sept. 2014. Now I weigh 206. I still have a ways to go. The weight loss was fast in the beginning, but now, it is slow, but steady, which my doctor says is the best way to lose weight because the faster you lose, the faster you regain it. Unlike most diet drugs, Belviq has no side effects whatsoever. It doesn't entirely suppress the appetite, but helps you eat sensibly. I've heard others who take Belviq say that it works best for people who live alone and aren't tempted by what family members, who aren't on a diet, are eating. I highly recommend Belviq, but only for those who are committed to losing weight."

JoannaB (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 3, 2016

32 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I've been pretty healthy most of my life, had twins natural, torn acl in knee, then after my twins I had my gall bladder out 21 years ago. I am 47 years old and very active. I tried diets here and there but when I had to get total hysterectomy a couple of years ago I just could not stop the weight coming on me. I was so up set at 200 lbs. It was the final straw I went to my doctor and she put me on phinermen for 6 months I lost 20 lbs but hit a plateau. So she said I should lost more that that!? Well then she prescribed Belviq and I've been on it 2 weeks. I only took 1 a day to see how it made me feel then now on 2 a day like prescription. I loosing weight again. Not tons but I feel great. I recommend this to anyone who is need to get thin"

MommaZee (taken for less than 1 month) August 1, 2016