User Reviews for Belviq

Learn more about Belviq.

Belviq Rating Summary

8.5/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 65 medications used in the treatment of Obesity.

Reviews for Belviq to treat Obesity

"I have a lot of faith in belviq. I will be starting the drug twice a day tomorrow morning. I'll post something every week. Wish me luck :)"

Mo Away January 4, 2017

"About to start this pill belviq my doctor prescribed for me today..but was wondering how can I try it without spending $278 ..any advise"

LisaAndy (taken for less than 1 month) November 30, 2016

"I started as a size 26 weighing 285 pounds on May 15th 2015. As of right now, November 1st 2016, I weigh 173 and am wearing a size 12. I take Belviq twice a day, walk for at least 30min per day as I walk the dogs and I use Lose It! to track my foods so that I am aware of what I eat. Even if I go over my recommended daily caloric intake, at least I know where I stand. This has worked perfectly for me and my weight loss, I've been very successful. The only thing that changed for me was adding in Belviq, I was already doing the rest for at least a year prior avg was unsuccessful. So, I credit Belviq for my success."

kajirae (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 1, 2016

"I've been on Belviq for about a week now. I take it at 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. I have ZERO side effects and am almost concerned maybe it just doesn't take to me. As far as hunger, I almost feel like I'm eating less during the day but when night hits (even after my second pill) I feel so hungry. Like insatiably hungry. So I drink a bottle or 2 of water and I still really want something to eat. No weight loss yet, praying I don't gain even more. I'm almost 5'7 and I weigh 230 lbs. I have been more active and concious of my food choices. I will update soon!"

Jessica Shelton (taken for less than 1 month) October 18, 2016

"Well day 2 and I already have this medication figured out! I have been on Zoloft for 13 yrs, up & down a few times with dose. It is known that Zoloft when started or a dose increase you lose weight! I have many times. I was so afraid of side effects it took me a wk to take it. When I did I felt nothing! Not 1 side effect. The reason because it's a serotonin drug. So from being on the Zoloft, which does the same thing, and even the side effect wld have been the same, I felt nothing. If your on Zoloft or similar, don't waste your money!! It's not going to wk! I'm so annoyed! Erin"

Erin1213 October 11, 2016

"When I first took BELVIQ I lost a lot of weight, around 64 pounds within months of taking it. But like a lot of people I stopped taking it because I thought I could keep the weight off, but I just couldn't because Obesity is a disease that requires life long management with medication, nutrition, lifestyle, and exercise. I am back on BELVIQ and am happy to report I am doing well. BELVIQ has been the answer to my prayers - It is the only thing that has helped me loose weight, ever. I did try therapy w/ nutritionist, psychologist, personal trainers who were really expensive, and even pre-packaged. None of that worked for me. But now with BELVIQ I can say no to junk foods and unhealthy foods this helps me maintain a healthy weight."

Fit4LifeMilan October 3, 2016

"My BMI was 38 so I tried it. I hated the side effects. They were bad. It even hurt when I went to the bathroom! No pounds lost either after 3 weeks. It's expensive too."

ShirleyMo (taken for less than 1 month) September 27, 2016

"Wife wasted money on it. Like she says, " I'm still fat""

JoeZZZO September 23, 2016

"I have been on Belviq for a week. I have not had any side effects and I've lost 7lbs. It's been a great motivator. I check in next week to give more update."

Chelle69 September 21, 2016

"So far so good, I have been taking Belviq for 1 week now, first 2 days had a terrible headach so I took my belviq with 4 ibprophen ech time to avoid the headache it was terrible lastnight and this morning took just the belviq no headaches so no extra med. I still have kinda a medicated feel in my brain but that happens to me with any new med i take i figure that to will pass. Other than that no side effects. First 2 days didnt effect my appetite at all but I still ate 1200 calories. From 3rd day on i have had to make myself eat literally. I am 41 yrs old, 5'6" tall and weigh 265 lbs. The highest I have ever been. So im gonna give it an honest try, through in some zumba and richard simmons videos and will report back. Good luck everyone"

Cholosgirl (taken for less than 1 month) September 4, 2016

"BELVIQ is awesome I recommend it to anyone who wants to loose weight and keep it off. But try really hard to document the side effects and tell your doctor about them. I was on it for a few months and had lost a lot of weight I felt really good. But it started to make my Attention Deficit Disorder symptoms a lot worse it just got to the point where I started loosing things and forgetting a lot so I stopped taking it and surely was not able to keep weight off without it. So now I am going back to it, this time I will be working closer with my doctor and we will focus on finding the correct maintenance dosing to help me maintain healthy body weight. Also I recommend taking a Prolactin Blocker to help avoid tumors."

mberjan (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 2, 2016

"This medic did not work for me. Not even a little."

KrissW (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 27, 2016

"I have only been on it 4 days - I take two pills a day. I have not noticed anything other than being extremely tired and my back hurts. I'll keep it up for a week or so, but if nothing changes will go off of it. I'm so disappointed."

Csmine (taken for less than 1 month) August 15, 2016

"I started on Beliq 3 days ago. I will post an update after I go to the doctor in a month for a weigh in and to see how I handle the med. I will say that is has decreased my appetite and I get fuller faster in the short time I have taken them. I take 10 mg twice daily. The side effect I have noticed is a dry mouth... Therefore, I'm drinking more water."

Robinbird67 August 6, 2016

"I am a woman in my 40s and I weighed 290 lbs. when I started taking Belviq in Sept. 2014. Now I weigh 206. I still have a ways to go. The weight loss was fast in the beginning, but now, it is slow, but steady, which my doctor says is the best way to lose weight because the faster you lose, the faster you regain it. Unlike most diet drugs, Belviq has no side effects whatsoever. It doesn't entirely suppress the appetite, but helps you eat sensibly. I've heard others who take Belviq say that it works best for people who live alone and aren't tempted by what family members, who aren't on a diet, are eating. I highly recommend Belviq, but only for those who are committed to losing weight."

JoannaB (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 3, 2016

"I've been pretty healthy most of my life, had twins natural, torn acl in knee, then after my twins I had my gall bladder out 21 years ago. I am 47 years old and very active. I tried diets here and there but when I had to get total hysterectomy a couple of years ago I just could not stop the weight coming on me. I was so up set at 200 lbs. It was the final straw I went to my doctor and she put me on phinermen for 6 months I lost 20 lbs but hit a plateau. So she said I should lost more that that!? Well then she prescribed Belviq and I've been on it 2 weeks. I only took 1 a day to see how it made me feel then now on 2 a day like prescription. I loosing weight again. Not tons but I feel great. I recommend this to anyone who is need to get thin"

MommaZee (taken for less than 1 month) August 1, 2016

"I've been on Belviq for 6 weeks now. I wanted so much for this to work so I endured the dizziness , extreme fatigue, foggy brain, memory problems and even an increase in my irregular heart beat hoping they would decrease and the Belviq would work. They did not and I've experienced no improvement in appetite control . The worst part is I've been treated for clinical depression and had to go off the meds that had been helping me in order to take Belviq. The antidepressant effects of Belviq never kicked in for me and I've been miserable. I'm glad it helps some people but I wanted to write this review for people who are being treated for depression before trying the Belviq. Precede cautiously . It may not be for you ."

Eskiemom (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 5, 2016

"I was prescribed Belviq because I have multiple health issues rooted in obesity. The first couple weeks were dramatic, lost about ten pounds, which I presume must have been water weight, as it does eliminate excess sugar through urine excretion. I was still drinking adequate water (1-2quarts/day) to stay hydrated, but night time leg cramps interrupted my sleep up to 3x per night. Also was eating less, but weight loss plateaued after the first month. Another side effect that forced me to stop Belviq was the brain fog after taking a couple weeks. I could not complete a thought, much less stay organized like I needed to be for work. I was also pretty tired most of the time. Not worth it."

Markaymom (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 2, 2016

"I think belviq pretty much saved my life! I had always been overweight all my life from about 8 years old. As an adult I had always maintained a weight of around 200 lbs. However at 41 I was diagnosed with lymphangiomatosis and had to have a complete hysterectomy , gall bladder and appendix removal. I soon began gaining approximately 10 pounds a month post surgery and was soon at 258 at my highest. My doctor prescribed belviq on December 5th 2014. The first week I lost 7 lbs and by mid January I had lost 20 lbs. Now in June 2017 I weigh 180 lbs and feel fabulous!!! It wasn't a quick fix but it worked and I stopped taking it in February and have maintained my weight . I recommend belviq to anyone ready to commit to a lifestyle change!"

CherylCarothers June 30, 2016

"Tomorrow will end out my first full week on Belviq and since I read every single one of these reviews before asking my doctor for it, I thought I'd better add mine to help the next person out. :) I'm female, age 41, T2 diabetic. I started last week at 187 (5'5" tall) which puts my BMI at just over 30. I weight this morning (would have been five full days) and am down four pounds to 183!! I haven't lost my appetite by any means and could still easily overeat it I wanted to. What it has done for me is to help me feel full faster. It's still on me to make healthy choices, the difference is that now I can eat at appropriate portion and be satisfied. I have been averaging 1200 calories a day. No side effects for me. I'm thrilled!!"

FreeFalling74 June 16, 2016

"I started Bleviq and did get headaches and fatique the first week, then it went away. I sleep so good when I take it at night and not tired anymore with my first dose in a.m. and have lost 16 pounds with drinking a lot of water and watching what I eat. I love this pill -I would never take anything for weight loss but I will stay on this one to my goal I was 192 lbs 5'1" on May 9th and down to 173 on June 13th"

Gailene June 13, 2016

"I started Belviq on Thursday evening before dinner and today is Sunday morning. I weighed in at 327-328 on Thursday and this morning was 324. I felt the affects instantly. I was shocked how sick I felt after trying to eat a regular size serving. I've had almost half the usual amount of food at EVERY single meal since I started. And almost zero between meal snacks. (I did have about 7 fresh cherries yesterday, but that's been the only snack). No side effects - maybe a little dry mouth. I'm not expecting to continue seeing this level of weight loss continue - but I'm so optimistic about my future now. I love how tiny the pills are and I got a certificate from the Belviq website that makes it possible for me to only pay $75. It's worth it"

Anonysteph (taken for less than 1 month) June 5, 2016

"i started belviq one week ago, i got on the scale im 3lbs up. my legs have been swollen since yesterday..i feel dizzy and fatigue taking it..ive been eating less and exercising at least 3 times in the past week.i don't think this pill is for me...im feeling uncomfortable with swollen legs its scary...i will call my physician tomorrow to see what i can do for this to go away...but i wont take another pill after this."

ms kay (taken for less than 1 month) June 2, 2016

"I started belviq Monday May 2nd. I have yet to feel an results. If anything I feel like eating everything I see.. I'm wanting to eat more than I did before starting it. I have read some reviews showing that the medicine took a few weeks to start working. I hope this is my case. I do feel very sleeping after I take it. It is harder for me to get up in the mornings. I feel like I am in such a deep sleep since I have started. I haven't had any headaches but have noticed dry mouth."

One day at a time26 May 12, 2016

"I only take Belviq once a day, and I'm eating a low carb, high protein diet. I've been walking so that's not new but I'm down 17 pounds in 30 days.(213lbs to 196 lbs) I'm hoping that increasing my exercise will help a lot too. It works as a great tool for controlling appetite, if you truly are committed. I'm sure we all know its mental."

Lisa29145 May 12, 2016