User Reviews for Belviq

Learn more about Belviq.

Belviq Rating Summary

8.6/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 64 medications used in the treatment of Obesity.

Reviews for Belviq to treat Obesity

"I have only been on it 4 days - I take two pills a day. I have not noticed anything other than being extremely tired and my back hurts. I'll keep it up for a week or so, but if nothing changes will go off of it. I'm so disappointed."

Csmine (taken for less than 1 month) August 15, 2016

"I started on Beliq 3 days ago. I will post an update after I go to the doctor in a month for a weigh in and to see how I handle the med. I will say that is has decreased my appetite and I get fuller faster in the short time I have taken them. I take 10 mg twice daily. The side effect I have noticed is a dry mouth... Therefore, I'm drinking more water."

Robinbird67 August 6, 2016

"I am a woman in my 40s and I weighed 290 lbs. when I started taking Belviq in Sept. 2014. Now I weigh 206. I still have a ways to go. The weight loss was fast in the beginning, but now, it is slow, but steady, which my doctor says is the best way to lose weight because the faster you lose, the faster you regain it. Unlike most diet drugs, Belviq has no side effects whatsoever. It doesn't entirely suppress the appetite, but helps you eat sensibly. I've heard others who take Belviq say that it works best for people who live alone and aren't tempted by what family members, who aren't on a diet, are eating. I highly recommend Belviq, but only for those who are committed to losing weight."

JoannaB (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 3, 2016

"I've been pretty healthy most of my life, had twins natural, torn acl in knee, then after my twins I had my gall bladder out 21 years ago. I am 47 years old and very active. I tried diets here and there but when I had to get total hysterectomy a couple of years ago I just could not stop the weight coming on me. I was so up set at 200 lbs. It was the final straw I went to my doctor and she put me on phinermen for 6 months I lost 20 lbs but hit a plateau. So she said I should lost more that that!? Well then she prescribed Belviq and I've been on it 2 weeks. I only took 1 a day to see how it made me feel then now on 2 a day like prescription. I loosing weight again. Not tons but I feel great. I recommend this to anyone who is need to get thin"

MommaZee (taken for less than 1 month) August 1, 2016

"I've been on Belviq for 6 weeks now. I wanted so much for this to work so I endured the dizziness , extreme fatigue, foggy brain, memory problems and even an increase in my irregular heart beat hoping they would decrease and the Belviq would work. They did not and I've experienced no improvement in appetite control . The worst part is I've been treated for clinical depression and had to go off the meds that had been helping me in order to take Belviq. The antidepressant effects of Belviq never kicked in for me and I've been miserable. I'm glad it helps some people but I wanted to write this review for people who are being treated for depression before trying the Belviq. Precede cautiously . It may not be for you ."

Eskiemom (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 5, 2016

"I was prescribed Belviq because I have multiple health issues rooted in obesity. The first couple weeks were dramatic, lost about ten pounds, which I presume must have been water weight, as it does eliminate excess sugar through urine excretion. I was still drinking adequate water (1-2quarts/day) to stay hydrated, but night time leg cramps interrupted my sleep up to 3x per night. Also was eating less, but weight loss plateaued after the first month. Another side effect that forced me to stop Belviq was the brain fog after taking a couple weeks. I could not complete a thought, much less stay organized like I needed to be for work. I was also pretty tired most of the time. Not worth it."

Markaymom (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 2, 2016

"I think belviq pretty much saved my life! I had always been overweight all my life from about 8 years old. As an adult I had always maintained a weight of around 200 lbs. However at 41 I was diagnosed with lymphangiomatosis and had to have a complete hysterectomy , gall bladder and appendix removal. I soon began gaining approximately 10 pounds a month post surgery and was soon at 258 at my highest. My doctor prescribed belviq on December 5th 2014. The first week I lost 7 lbs and by mid January I had lost 20 lbs. Now in June 2017 I weigh 180 lbs and feel fabulous!!! It wasn't a quick fix but it worked and I stopped taking it in February and have maintained my weight . I recommend belviq to anyone ready to commit to a lifestyle change!"

CherylCarothers June 30, 2016

"Tomorrow will end out my first full week on Belviq and since I read every single one of these reviews before asking my doctor for it, I thought I'd better add mine to help the next person out. :) I'm female, age 41, T2 diabetic. I started last week at 187 (5'5" tall) which puts my BMI at just over 30. I weight this morning (would have been five full days) and am down four pounds to 183!! I haven't lost my appetite by any means and could still easily overeat it I wanted to. What it has done for me is to help me feel full faster. It's still on me to make healthy choices, the difference is that now I can eat at appropriate portion and be satisfied. I have been averaging 1200 calories a day. No side effects for me. I'm thrilled!!"

FreeFalling74 June 16, 2016

"I started Bleviq and did get headaches and fatique the first week, then it went away. I sleep so good when I take it at night and not tired anymore with my first dose in a.m. and have lost 16 pounds with drinking a lot of water and watching what I eat. I love this pill -I would never take anything for weight loss but I will stay on this one to my goal I was 192 lbs 5'1" on May 9th and down to 173 on June 13th"

Gailene June 13, 2016

"I started Belviq on Thursday evening before dinner and today is Sunday morning. I weighed in at 327-328 on Thursday and this morning was 324. I felt the affects instantly. I was shocked how sick I felt after trying to eat a regular size serving. I've had almost half the usual amount of food at EVERY single meal since I started. And almost zero between meal snacks. (I did have about 7 fresh cherries yesterday, but that's been the only snack). No side effects - maybe a little dry mouth. I'm not expecting to continue seeing this level of weight loss continue - but I'm so optimistic about my future now. I love how tiny the pills are and I got a certificate from the Belviq website that makes it possible for me to only pay $75. It's worth it"

Anonysteph (taken for less than 1 month) June 5, 2016

"i started belviq one week ago, i got on the scale im 3lbs up. my legs have been swollen since yesterday..i feel dizzy and fatigue taking it..ive been eating less and exercising at least 3 times in the past week.i don't think this pill is for me...im feeling uncomfortable with swollen legs its scary...i will call my physician tomorrow to see what i can do for this to go away...but i wont take another pill after this."

ms kay (taken for less than 1 month) June 2, 2016

"I started belviq Monday May 2nd. I have yet to feel an results. If anything I feel like eating everything I see.. I'm wanting to eat more than I did before starting it. I have read some reviews showing that the medicine took a few weeks to start working. I hope this is my case. I do feel very sleeping after I take it. It is harder for me to get up in the mornings. I feel like I am in such a deep sleep since I have started. I haven't had any headaches but have noticed dry mouth."

One day at a time26 May 12, 2016

"I only take Belviq once a day, and I'm eating a low carb, high protein diet. I've been walking so that's not new but I'm down 17 pounds in 30 days.(213lbs to 196 lbs) I'm hoping that increasing my exercise will help a lot too. It works as a great tool for controlling appetite, if you truly are committed. I'm sure we all know its mental."

Lisa29145 May 12, 2016

"Took Med for six months, decreased appetite and lost 50 pounds. But then it stopped working on me. Tried it a year later and not working. If you get the savings card on line at the official Belviq web site and pay cash drug is only $75. Even if your insurance covers the drug copayment may be more than that."

Cmdy (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 12, 2016

"Stay sleepy and fatigued"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 5, 2016

"I started belviq last year July 2015, and for the first 7 months on it, only ate a healthy diet without excercise. Only lost 8 lbs. Was really disappointed.. Well 1 month ago, I began eating right AND exercising , and lost an additional 15 lbs. This is not a miracle drug. You can't take belviq alone and expect to lose weight. From my experience, I believe this med works well as a tool, but only if you completely change your lifestyle."

SpringsHere (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 25, 2016

"I am starting Belviq today. I will post in 2 -weeks to give update on any side effects and positive and/or negative experiences."

Scope64 April 20, 2016

"I tried the 2 week trial and I did lose about 7 pounds and my sugar cravings were diminished. I wish I could continue but it is just too expensive. I wish it came in generic, however the patents don't start expiring until 2023 so it won't be anytime soon."

ladytech April 6, 2016

"Been taking belviq for 3-4 weeks. Side affects were mild headache,fatigue and sneezing in the 3rd week but now subsided for the most part. I am though a little tired at the end of day and sleep well at night. I'm assuming the longer you take it the more your body gets used to it. I have lost 15 lbs so far. I have cut my portions to almost half. Still eating much of what I like but less. Also notice that I have made some new healthy choices. I plan to start exercising this week as well, by walking regularly until I can jog comfortably. I know there is no perfect pill that's not going to have side affects so if there's a little discomfort in the short term for long term gains I'm in. I truly belviq will help me achieve my long term goal."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) April 3, 2016

"I started belviq mid Jan 2016 I started with the 15 day trial first, first 10 days no change, 11th day It kicked in, everyones different. For me no side effects, to me belviq gives you control of eating, I have developed a daily routine that seems to work for me light breakfast 2 healthy snacks an then a fatty meal an nothing after 6pm at all..up to 6 to 8 glasses of water daily..I started at 324 an now 7 weeks I'm at 304 a total 20 pds lost, being so big no one probably notices it but I feel it..I thank God, I need to be healthy or death is at my door..I'm excited that something is finally working.."

Dee52j March 20, 2016

"So, I have mixed feelings about this drug. Pros: Helped me not crave sugar, bread and carbs. I lost 20 pounds on it. Helped me stay motivated at the gym by being able to stick to my meal plans. Cons: If you take it, you need to be committed. For some odd reason, I and a lot of people have experienced it, when you get off it then try to retake it again, it doesn't seem to work. STAY ON IT. I didn't get side effects from this med, maybe occasional anxiety and a headache. Drinking on this med will give you the worst hangovers. Also noticed sometimes it stalled my weight loss even when I was counting my intake. Overall, I probably won't take this drug again until there is more thorough, long term research done on it."

BelviqUser0192 February 23, 2016

"My Dr prescribed Belivq seven months ago and I took it for less than a week. I didn't give it a try. During a follow up visit we discussed weight loss/appetite suppressant options again and my Dr encouraged me to try start over. After an in depth chat I decided to give it a real try so I started again in 1/2016. I am extremely pleased with the results! I have experienced zero side effects, which was my concern with not wanting to take the medicine when initially prescribed, a curbed appetite and noticeable weight loss. My health insurance doesn't cover this particular medicine but its my opinion that it is worth paying for out of pocket. I have recommended Belviq and highly suggest people speak to their Dr about Belviq as an option."

Belviq Review after 30 Days (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 19, 2016

"I've been on Belviq for 4 months and have lost 37 lbs. I eat what I want but I eat so much less of it now. At Thanksgiving and Christmas I could barely finish the small portions on my plate! My only side effect has been dry mouth so I drink more water. Win - Win. My only concern is what will happen when I eventually go off the medicine."

Billys5764 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 13, 2016

"I started on Belviq after having 5 months of down time due to atrial fib flutter and my MS acting up on me. Before that, I had been working out 5 days a week and had been eating healthy to get the weight off. I had gone down from 435 to 345 on my 5'9 frame, but depression set in and I stopped losing. My doctor was hesitant about putting me on the med because I am on Pristiq, but I am watching for Serotonin Syndrome. In one week I have lost 8 pounds and I would rather give up the Pristiq than the Belviq! My mood has improved so much that I am going to try weaning myself off the Pristiq (under my doctor's supervision!) will return with more updates! "

2young2bthru February 6, 2016

"I was desperate to lose weight when I reached an all time high of 258 lbs. At 5'7%u201C On August 29, I began Belviq and a new food plan with my licensed nutrionist and my supervision of my doctor who first had to take me off Lexapro, slowly for anxiety. He said Belviq would benefit me by helping me lose weight and help reduce anxiety. I was excited to try. I am now Five months into this, lost 48 lbs at 210 lbs. I have had no side effects other than more dry mouth than usual with thirst. I drink water all day long anyway, so it isn't a big problem.. Dizzy at first from change in meds but quickly readjusted. I have no cravings for sugary foods and carbs. I feel so much better. I have faith that I will make goal of 175 by 1 year anniv"

LIgirl (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 6, 2016