User Reviews for Belviq

Weight Loss 426 reviews 43 medications

8.2
Summary of Belviq reviews 649 reviews 8.4

Reviews for Belviq

For Weight Loss "I've been taking Belqiv for two weeks, have loss a total of 2 lbs. Doesn't curb my appetite, will continue to take for two more weeks, Will probably switch to Saxenda or Qymsia. I'll keep you posted. Very disappointed and costly too."

Fabulous Fat July 26, 2016

For Weight Loss "I've been taking Belviq for two years. Slowly I lost 30 pounds. I have continued to take this medication and the most important detail is that I have kept my weight loss off as Belviq Works perfectly for weight maintenance too. (I can't tell you how many times, prior to Belviq, that I'd gained and lost this weight.) Very much helps me with cravings and over eating."

Prosebingo (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 21, 2016

For Weight Loss "I was kind of scared to use Belviq because of all the other reviews but, I took the Belviq for two weeks did not feel anything. I felt a little dizzy and had dry mouth but other than that I did not have any other side effects. did not loose any weight, did not curb my appetite at all. I paid a lot of money and it did not do me any justice."

anonoyous10 July 20, 2016

For Weight Loss "I've been using Belviq for 3 days now and I will admit I was afraid to start using Belviq because of the reviews I have read. Especially being a single parent with a 2 year old, I wondered if this would be more stressful or if it would help. I do have slight issues with headaches, but it's not unbearable and taking tylenol takes the edge off. I've experienced both bursts of energy and a little drowsiness, again, nothing that's not bearable. Overall I would say I like using Belviq. The fact of taking the medication makes you more aware of what needs to be done in order to be fit, but it really does curb the appetite. I take it with food, and so far I've lost about a pound a day"

Looking forward to results July 18, 2016

For Weight Loss "Prescribed Belviq about three months ago- April 2016, 10 mg twice a day. Went to the doctor two months later and had lost 15 lbs from 266 to 251. Again, I went two weeks later and I was down to 246. Had some side effects such as fatigued, dry mouth but just drink more water. Does a great job of curbing my appetite-making me feel full on less food. Also seemed to change my taste buds. Doesn't at all agree with Alcohol. This is the first drug that has helped me lose weight. This is important since I am on estrogen blockers due to Breast Cancer and had a hard time losing weight. Will continue on this medicine."

Dwill3 July 6, 2016

For Obesity "I've been on Belviq for 6 weeks now. I wanted so much for this to work so I endured the dizziness , extreme fatigue, foggy brain, memory problems and even an increase in my irregular heart beat hoping they would decrease and the Belviq would work. They did not and I've experienced no improvement in appetite control . The worst part is I've been treated for clinical depression and had to go off the meds that had been helping me in order to take Belviq. The antidepressant effects of Belviq never kicked in for me and I've been miserable. I'm glad it helps some people but I wanted to write this review for people who are being treated for depression before trying the Belviq. Precede cautiously . It may not be for you ."

Eskiemom (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 5, 2016

For Obesity "I was prescribed Belviq because I have multiple health issues rooted in obesity. The first couple weeks were dramatic, lost about ten pounds, which I presume must have been water weight, as it does eliminate excess sugar through urine excretion. I was still drinking adequate water (1-2quarts/day) to stay hydrated, but night time leg cramps interrupted my sleep up to 3x per night. Also was eating less, but weight loss plateaued after the first month. Another side effect that forced me to stop Belviq was the brain fog after taking a couple weeks. I could not complete a thought, much less stay organized like I needed to be for work. I was also pretty tired most of the time. Not worth it."

Markaymom (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 2, 2016

For Obesity "I think belviq pretty much saved my life! I had always been overweight all my life from about 8 years old. As an adult I had always maintained a weight of around 200 lbs. However at 41 I was diagnosed with lymphangiomatosis and had to have a complete hysterectomy , gall bladder and appendix removal. I soon began gaining approximately 10 pounds a month post surgery and was soon at 258 at my highest. My doctor prescribed belviq on December 5th 2014. The first week I lost 7 lbs and by mid January I had lost 20 lbs. Now in June 2017 I weigh 180 lbs and feel fabulous!!! It wasn't a quick fix but it worked and I stopped taking it in February and have maintained my weight . I recommend belviq to anyone ready to commit to a lifestyle change!"

CherylCarothers June 30, 2016

For Weight Loss "I've been on Below for 2 weeks now and the only side effects I've noticed have been a slight back ache and dry mouth. But I have lost 10lbs so far so its been worth it!! It definitely curbs my appetite but I always eat 3-5 small healthy meals. I hope it keeps going this way for me!"

Drea292 June 26, 2016

For Weight Loss "I have been on Belviq now for 4 days and have lost 4 lbs I keep track of what I eat in my fitness pal app I am eating about 1200 calories per day and is fun to keep tract with the fitness Pal , my side effects are very tired in the morning and my muscles ache I noticed if I eat a good meal of 300-350 calories it keeps me full,for a longer time rather than eating a smaller meal"

Barbski June 26, 2016

For Weight Loss "Took first pill yesterday. Noticed almost immediately no appetite. Got a hummus wrap for lunch & couldn't even eat half of it; I can usually eat the whole thing. Dinner I ate the other half then took 2nd pill. Now as I write this almost 14 hours later after that 2nd pill I wish I had never taken it & won't take it again. Last night chills. My arm tingled all night long & thought it was signaling a heart attack. That thought caused me a lot of anxiety & I could not sleep well. Got up twice during the night to go to the bathroom & had to hold the wall all the way there as my legs and back were in severe muscle pain. This morning had a hard time dragging myself out of bed. Most meds seem to react fully on me. I cannot take Belviq."

MelMom (taken for less than 1 month) June 22, 2016

For Weight Loss "Hi I been taking the medication for a week an last 4lbs along with the medication I been drinking lots of water walking a 1.5-2 miles 2-3 days a week. I been watch what I eat an didn't feelings as hungry as I usually do. I try to eat my last meal by 7:30pm but some times it does not work that way. So far the medication has been working for me."

Ja'Siaih (taken for less than 1 month) June 19, 2016

For Weight Loss "I started taking Belviq two weeks ago. At first I only took one pill a day, but on week two I moved to two pills a day as prescribed. I've lost 8lbs in two weeks by taking the pill as directed, twice a day, and maintaining my calorie intake (1200 or below). I've also made sure I'm drinking at least 100oz of water each day and have cut out sodas throughout the week. I have faith that I'll reach my Weightloss goal."

NewtoBelviq (taken for less than 1 month) June 16, 2016

For Obesity "Tomorrow will end out my first full week on Belviq and since I read every single one of these reviews before asking my doctor for it, I thought I'd better add mine to help the next person out. :) I'm female, age 41, T2 diabetic. I started last week at 187 (5'5" tall) which puts my BMI at just over 30. I weight this morning (would have been five full days) and am down four pounds to 183!! I haven't lost my appetite by any means and could still easily overeat it I wanted to. What it has done for me is to help me feel full faster. It's still on me to make healthy choices, the difference is that now I can eat at appropriate portion and be satisfied. I have been averaging 1200 calories a day. No side effects for me. I'm thrilled!!"

FreeFalling74 June 16, 2016

For Weight Loss "Day 4 on Belviq. Cravings haven't subsided nor do I feel like my brain is signaling me that I'm full or that I do not need that Reese's in line at the market for the ride home. My main concern is the tiredness, the lethargy and listlessness. It is horrible. I want to stop taking it but have read to "hang in there". Oh mercy!! I'm trying but it's so hard. My husband can notice the difference. My sexual appetite is gone, heck maybe it's bc I'm too tired. In any case I will continue for several more days as I hear this will go away, but it's so very hard. I am hoping that my cravings for sweets will subside as well. Will update."

MrsWBW (taken for less than 1 month) June 15, 2016

For Weight Loss "Thank you to those of you that mentioned that Belviq takes more than a few days to reach peak performance. I guess when you think about it, since it works on serotonin, most medications like that take a couple of weeks to start really working. I was on it 4-5 days and was still craving things and was mad. I noticed today when I got up that I was not wanting to eat until like 1:30 pm. If you can say anymore about that, it would be helpful. thanks"

tltltltltl June 13, 2016

For Obesity "I started Bleviq and did get headaches and fatique the first week, then it went away. I sleep so good when I take it at night and not tired anymore with my first dose in a.m. and have lost 16 pounds with drinking a lot of water and watching what I eat. I love this pill -I would never take anything for weight loss but I will stay on this one to my goal I was 192 lbs 5'1" on May 9th and down to 173 on June 13th"

Gailene June 13, 2016

For Weight Loss "I have been using belvique for the last 3 weeks and have lost 9 pounds! I have been trying to start back on my exercise program, but when I get ready to start, something else comes up! When I first started taking the product I did notice a few headaches here and there, I took some ibuprofen and it went away. I do sleep very well and notice I have a hard time staying awake at my job..I work nights, so that makes it even more difficult. I get up and walk around for a bit which seems to help. I really haven't noticed anything severe though. Don't give up once you start this product because it does get better after 2 weeks."

Anonymous June 11, 2016

For Weight Loss "I started taking Belviq because I gained weight after my hysterotomy. A year later I was diagnosed with heart issues. The doctors put me on so many meds. It was horrible! I noticed the heavier I got, the worse my heart got. I was never considered overweight, but any extra weight you do, makes your heart work more. I saw a commercial on tv about this new medicine and asked my doctor about it. He said "I'm all for it!!". I'm happy to say that after 6 months, I lost 25 pounds. I'm no longer on any meds and feel great!! I felt bad the first 3 days. (Headaches, tiredness) I'm so glad that I stuck to it. It was the push my body needed!! I recommend this to anyone. What do you have to lose? I'm so thankful to my doctor for giving me this chance!!!"

Shellbells (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 10, 2016

For Obesity "I started Belviq on Thursday evening before dinner and today is Sunday morning. I weighed in at 327-328 on Thursday and this morning was 324. I felt the affects instantly. I was shocked how sick I felt after trying to eat a regular size serving. I've had almost half the usual amount of food at EVERY single meal since I started. And almost zero between meal snacks. (I did have about 7 fresh cherries yesterday, but that's been the only snack). No side effects - maybe a little dry mouth. I'm not expecting to continue seeing this level of weight loss continue - but I'm so optimistic about my future now. I love how tiny the pills are and I got a certificate from the Belviq website that makes it possible for me to only pay $75. It's worth it"

Anonysteph (taken for less than 1 month) June 5, 2016

For Weight Loss "Took my first table and had muscle spasms,extreme tiredness and flu like symptoms. I had such high hopes for this medication but I am afraid to even take another dose."

hydrin11 (taken for less than 1 month) June 5, 2016

For Weight Loss "Belviq gave me horrible headaches when I started taking it and if I forgot to take it (when the meds left my system). At first it didn't do anything for me, then after taking it for 4 months, I gained 20 pounds. I've read this medicine works similarly to antidepressants and I've had weight gain problems with antidepressants in the past, so I'm thinking that's why this medication did not work for me."

Amrcncntrydrmr21 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 2, 2016

For Weight Loss "As of May 2015 i gave myself one year to lose the weight. I got up to 212( im 5'8) so i carried it pretty well but i was not happy the way i felt, always tired, clothes not fitting. i was comfortable when i was 175-180. So after a whole year and Nothing on the scale changed, i went to my Dr and had blood work done hoping to find a reason WHY, blood work came back all good and clear. Noone likes Bad news but at the moment i was hoping to be given a reason i wasnt losing...what was i doing so wrong! He told me to try BELVIQ 2x a day. So here i am started 18 days ago n im down to 200.i had a slight headache for the 1st 3 days and now normal, i dont have the feeling to snack or over eat. Walk 2 miles 3x week too. Good luck!!!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 2, 2016

For Obesity "i started belviq one week ago, i got on the scale im 3lbs up. my legs have been swollen since yesterday..i feel dizzy and fatigue taking it..ive been eating less and exercising at least 3 times in the past week.i don't think this pill is for me...im feeling uncomfortable with swollen legs its scary...i will call my physician tomorrow to see what i can do for this to go away...but i wont take another pill after this."

ms kay (taken for less than 1 month) June 2, 2016

For Weight Loss "I've only been on Belviq for a few days, but I'm already seeing it work! My appetite is curved and I'm rarely hungry. I've always struggled with never having that "full" feeling and always wanting to eat and eat, but with Belviq, I don't seem to struggle with it anymore. I've seen some people who don't seem to respond to the medicine, which is unfortunate. However, some advice I have. If you take this medicine with an optimistic attitude, and you're conscience about what you're doing (eating habits), then I think most of the time, you'll be successful. It's not a miracle drug that just melts the weight off. You have to put forth the effort to listen to your mind more and not just your want to eat. Good luck!!"

Jen Ann May 30, 2016