User Reviews for Belviq

Learn more about Belviq.

Belviq Rating Summary

7.9/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 48 medications used in the treatment of Weight Loss.

Reviews for Belviq to treat Weight Loss

"I first was prescribed 10 mg of Belviq and was happy because none of the other pills I went on worked. I took my first pill in the morning and it did not affect my appetite nor did I have any side effects. After one week with no changes I started on 2 pills twice a day. Unfortunately for me I still did not have a curbed appetite and no side effects. I am wondering if anyone else took these same pills with no affects at all?"

Lindamaria August 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Just started belviq 10 mg on Aug. 16 I'm 5'3" weighing 159. No problems yet. Today is August 18 2017. Hoping for results added yoga twice a week."

Littlered05 (taken for less than 1 month) August 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have been off and on this medication this last time due to losing insurance and couldn't afford it. I got my insurance back and happily my insurance pays for it and only a copay of $10. Yes the first few days I have a headache so I slowly start taking it then once I'm used to it I started them twice a day. I love this medicine. It curbs my appetite and the one month I have been using lost 5 lbs. I have to make myself eat sometimes. I have knee problems and this has helped me to lose the weight since I can no longer work out like I used to."

Hokte (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have lost 127 pounds over the last 3 years. I used Belviq as one part of my process. It definitely helped reduce my hunger and I didn't experience the side effects some people describe. But it only worked for me if I stayed with my plan - Weight Watchers for keeping track of weight loss, weighing my self every day, exercising - about 45 minutes every day. What I have learned is that there is no "dieting". It is a life long process of accepting that I cannot live like I had been and finding great ways to enjoy food and movement - not a life long deprivation, a lifelong change for the better. I wiill continue to take Belviq, I gave it 8 out of 10 because it is $89 a month and that is a significant amount for me."

LucyO1 August 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I started my journey on 7/29/2017. Unfortunately I am very limited to my exercise routine due to a car accident. I changed the way I eat and I try to eat healthier and smaller portions. I so far am down 6 lbs. I am hoping I keep losing. With the discount card it's free no copay for me."

Lori1978 (taken for less than 1 month) August 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I took this drug for approximately 5 days. I experienced headache, nauseousiness, diarrhea, dizziness, EXTREME fatigue, insomnia. Stopped taking it so wasted $80"

Sakii August 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I started Belviq on May 10th. I have lost 20 lbs since, today being 8/5. I wanted something to aid in my weight loss being 200 lbs, 5'2", 52 yrs old. I asked about Contrave but my doc suggested Belviq because of patient success. I had nausea and a headache for 3 days but that went away. I also had a nagging cough for a couple months but that went away, also. The only other notable symptoms are occasional sluggishness and brain fog. I take two 10 mg pills a day. I know when the first one's wearing off because I do get hungry. It does curb my appetite really well and I have to force myself to eat. I have the most success when I work out, too and cut down on sugar and food intake which Belviq aids in. I love it!"

PattyOh August 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I've been taking 10mg of Belviq 2x a day for 4 weeks. The first few days I had headaches. They went away and then the next I had a ringing in my ears and loss of balance (can't say that is a side effect or a coincidence). They went away as well. I have had no side effects since then other than fatigue and weight loss!! Belviq has made it easier for me to cut calories and not feel hungry. It has also made it easier for me to ignore people eating around me. I don't crave anything anymore. When I started on July 10th I weighed 186 lbs and now on August 5th I weigh 172. 14 lbs and counting. Also my insurance wouldn't cover it but I got the manufacturers coupon (which was real easy) and I use that and only pay $83.00. I say stick with it!"

Angie2017 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"The worst weight loss pill did not lose a pound but sure gained... I had been with a different doctor had to switch not happy about doing so and new doctor would not renew the pill I was taking insisted I take BELVIQ not only did I have to jump through hoops to get, I also had to pay out of pocket $100 for and gained weight . Even thought I was over weight I have still been walking but still put on 10lbs of what I had lost on other drug. I craved food it was horrible so now what for me find New doctor that will work with me and give me something that will help. I'm not looking to loose over night I just need a little help being over 50 I was told I eat to much fruit and that was a big problem for me I'm not a big eater really ."

tspak (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"This has been good for losing weight. I was skeptical at first because of all of the reported side effects and the costs. I checked with my pharmacy and found that my insurance paid all but $50 for it and the manufacturer will send you a card to cover the rest. There was ZERO cost for me to try this. First, the side effects. I had them all. Tired, joint pains, back pain, feeling foggy... It was bad. Everything subsided within the first 2 weeks. The back pain still remains but not as bad. Now results. I started the drug on 4/9/2017 at 306 pounds. As of 7/10/2017 I am down to 278 pounds. I walk daily and don't feel like eating too much. My cravings for sugar, soda and fast food is all but gone. My weight loss is slowing now though."

Randy M July 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I took it for a week. The first 2 days brought a headache & then that resolved. I was also a bit nauseous those 2 days. I did notice that I had almost no appetite right away so apparently it is effective for satiation. I had to stop taking it though because of the following: Cough started immediately & resolved the day after I stopped taking it. Dizziness & difficulty with balance. Deep sleep & trouble getting going in the morning, when the dizziness was worse. Sneezing & sore throat. Now this may sound like maybe I just had a cold, but I didn't. I am a nurse and I know the difference. Some difficulty with memory & concentration. Dry mouth, but that is no big deal. Another deterrent for me is that I can't take my migraine med with it"

Zsu Zsa July 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"So not worth it. I had all kinds of bad effects on the drug but I am here to warn you about stopping it. My doctor told me to stop it cold turkey. I figured since it was a selective SSRI I didn't have to taper. I have spent the next six weeks with profound problems with my heart rhythm. Which my doctor thinks is unrelated. After 5 + weeks things seem to be calming a bit. But not after all kinds of tests and a halter monitor and of course... that looks like your crazy. I know it was this drug. The only time I ever had them before was after discontinuing Celexa without tapering. (when it was first introduced and they didn't know better). I don't have palpitations normally. There is no good information on this drug. You are just winging it"

Bad effects during and after (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Started May 1st- have lost 29 pounds as of today June 30th. Changed eating habits, not much exercise yet but is coming soon. $277 per month. Used a coupon on line , only took off 5 dollars. Does anyone know one that will work? Insurance doesn't pay for mine. Please help. I want to continue on this journey but takes a chunk out of the budget."

Kelly 61 June 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"It's been one month today had my follow up appointment to see if I can continue on the medication and I lost 9.3pounds. I didn't weigh myself at all during this period of time so I was super excited when the doctor told me today let's see how the next 4 week goes"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I started taking Belviq May 31, 2017. I am 5"5 and start weight was 279lb. Today makes day 15 and I am at 273lb and that's the number with my period on (sorry TMI) so it will be lower once it's gone off. I know 6lbs in 15 days sounds like nothing right? But I haven't exercised nor watched what I have been eating, only because I wanted to see what the pill had to offer. Not only did I lose weight but I lost inches!!! How many inches? I'm not sure, I just know that I can wear my rompers and tight shirts without my girdle "

Determined2Bfiner June 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I started taking the medication April 26, 2017 and as of today I have lost 18lbs. It's a slow process but stay with it and u will see some results. It's a time release medication. I take one pill at 9am and the second pill at nine pm. This time works better for me. I noticed when I wake up early morning I am not hungry. Good luck everybody."

Kekecece June 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I started this pill on Tuesday night. My insurance paid for it (after pre-authorization from my Dr) my co pay was 50 but pharmacist referred me to website and coupon paid that, so I thought what the hell! I'll try it. I am 45 and 4'10 on Monday I weighed 180. On Thursday I weighed 176 so 2 full days on medication I lost 4 lbs. I started my diet one strict 1000 calorie diet and now I am so full I feel sick if I eat more than about 700, but my husband makes me eat. The only side effect I have had from it is insomnia, so I take 10 mg at 7 am 10 mg at 3 pm. No side effects now. I absolutely love it!!!!"

Amy Spence June 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"My week and I've lost 10 pounds, no major side effects except frequent urination wondering has anyone else had this issue."

Grannymandy (taken for less than 1 month) June 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"First time I took this pill I had a severe headache. My head was hurting so bad that it actually made me vomit several times. The second time I took this pill I only had a headache but nothing as bad as the first time. I felt as if this pill did not cut my appetite. I was still hungry and constantly always thinking about food. Other days I wasn't as hungry but I was still hungry and wanting to snack. I was on the pill for about 3 weeks before I went to the doctor to weigh in. I only lost two pounds. This pill also made me very, very tired. I didn't want to do anything but sleep. Even after just waking up I would still be tired."

S. Dani June 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I am 4'11, 188lbs, I was given this prescription about 3 months ago, Belviq 10mg/2 x day and I just filled it yesterday. I used the coupon and paid $88.00 which was better than the $300.00 - Today is my first day and after the 2nd dose I have a bad headache and some chills. I have been reading the reviews and some noticed side effect went away after 3 days so I am being optimistic. I haven't been hungry today but I have made myself eat. I will post more in a week....keep me in your prayers :-)"

J0022 June 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have been on Belviq for nearly 18 months. I take 10mg twice daily. My BMI was in the Obese range. I never had a single side-effect. Not one. I have lost 45 pounds. The medication just took away my cravings. I never even want dessert, and have no desire for sweets. Sadly, I am not an exercise person, so I've done very little of that. Some people might think that 45 pounds indicates a slow weight loss in that length of time, but I am thrilled. By the way, I just eat normal food, but much smaller portions. I just get full very quickly I'm sorry some people have had problems or side effects. For me, it was a life saver. I still have 25# more to lose, but I'll get there. Then I have to figure out how to keep it off!"

DGG2017 (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 31, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Today is my second day using Belviq 20mg. The first day I didn't noticed any decrease in appetite however I know it takes a while to work. Today I literally forced myself to eat as I wasn't hungry at all. Only thing that has me a bit concerned is the dizziness, I work on my feet all day and today I've been sitting most of the time cause I feel like I'm falling. Mind you, I'm still eating just less calories however I shouldn't feel this dizzy by cutting calories. I couldn't even drive. Now I hope this goes away with time. I'll update in two weeks or so."

Taking a last chance (taken for less than 1 month) May 31, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Belviq works great for an appetite suppressant. I experienced a little dizziness and a couple first days I had slight chills. (? - could be coincidental) But 2 times I took it with Allegra-D and had a horrible headache - the kind where you think you might puke...migraine status. I truly believe it was just the combination of the pseudoephedrine and the Belviq. I've never had a headache when I take it with Benadryl. (I have bad spring allergies)"

fab50 (taken for less than 1 month) May 31, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I started Belviq 3.5 weeks ago. I tried sorting through reviews just like you are, to see if the $85 a mo. after coupon was worth it. I found it difficult because too many reviewers left out their gender, weight & height so I just decided to just try it. With that being said, I'm a 5'1 female with a desk job weighing 163 to start. I now weight 157. This medication suppresses my appetite slightly, but it suppresses my cravings a lot & I don't give like before. The first day I thought I wasted $85 because the headache was awful. It subsided the next day. I do feel sleepier at night, so I haven't worked out at all, I'm going to purchase another month & add Exercise. I'm also on a 1200 cal diet that I track on my fitness pal"

Reeseri (taken for less than 1 month) May 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"When I first started I had bad side effects. Such as feeling like a head cold etc. Anxiety. Trouble seeing. Headaches. But they did wear off. Then I was ok but for really bad cognitive problems. Unable to remember things at work. Some problems talking. But as long as I was losing weight. Finally I realized I was having loose stools due to this drug and came close to a couple of accidents. That was it. I stopped. Yikes I had horrible withdrawal. Heart Palpitations, nausea. I am weening off. When I got off the drug I don't think I ate anymore but I gained 4 lbs the week after cutting back the dose. I found a similar thing when I started.. for the first two weeks I didn't lose any weight but then lost fast. Something is up with that."

BelviqUserSeaton (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 24, 2017