User Reviews for Belviq

Belviq Rating Summary

7.8/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 39 medications used in the treatment of Weight Loss.

Reviews for Belviq to treat Weight Loss

"I am a 5'2" 38 year old woman. I've been on Belviq 1 month. I am 175 lbs. I haven't lost any weight on Belviq. I had a slight headache for the first two days. Deep sleep and fatigue for 2 weeks and then insomnia. Weird. I haven't noticed a change in appetite. If anything, I want to eat more. I refilled the prescription and will try taking both pills at once. I hope that makes a difference."

MMJ (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 13, 2018

"I've been taking Belviq for 10 days. I'm 43, 5'7, 182 lbs, 28 BMI. I'd been 145-150 lbs my adult life. I gained 70 lbs w/ both pregnancies (35 & 37). At 40, I was diagnosed with Hashimotos/hypothyroid & started levothyroxine 112mg. It really helped me feel better. But still a hard to losing weight. I spoke to my doctor & he agreed to let me try Belviq. After the first pill, I felt WIRED. The next day I took 1 again & felt wired but not as much. 3rd day I took one & it mellowed out. Since then I have been taking 2 a day w/ no side affects other than it spikes my mood in a good way & I want to drink more water. In the last 10 days I've lost four pounds. When I do eat, it's just one serving - before I could have eaten two - so it makes you feel full longer and it cuts craving for food - I just don't feel hungry much. My insurance did not cover, but discounts are available."

Layla September 10, 2018

"I have a high BMI with hypertension and dyslipidemia. Spoke to my doctor about taking this to bring down my weight. Second day taking 10 mg twice a day. Slight headache, absolutely no appetite. My insurance (Aetna) does not cover it, but the savings card dropped the price from $315 to $82."

Caryn (taken for less than 1 month) September 7, 2018

"I have been taking Belviq for 3 months. I'm very satisfied. Started at 335 lbs weighed in on day 90 at 286 lbs. I will say that I'm very motivated but the drug clearly eliminates my appetite completely. Every third or fourth day I will force down a piece of fruit but thats it. Good luck."

KevinJoe (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 27, 2018

"Well... I read the bad reviews but decided to take it anyway. BIG MISTAKE! I realize not everyone has had these effects but I’m sharing what I went through. Day one: very foggy headed, dizziness and nausea. Day two: I was overwhelmed with extreme fatigue and still dizzy, foggy headed, nausea plus a really bad headache. Day three: took Advil with it and no headache, not as foggy, still a little dizzy and nauseous but no more than if I had a mild ear infection. Manageable. Day four: I noticed hot flashes and chills... weird. But I’ve not been hungry at all and the previous symptoms are now quite manageable. I feel like I’ve got a grip on things now. I’m ok. Day five: I start feeling agitated. I feel extremely insecure. Day six: I can’t stop crying, why am I crying so much. Still extremely agitated and so incredibly insecure. Still not hungry. Day seven: Depressive dark thoughts . I’m done!"

Echo August 25, 2018

"I am the type of person to read reviews before I take anything or go anywhere. I read so many negative reviews on this product, so I wanted to say that I am on day 2 of the medication and had absolutely no side effects, I don't feel hungry , and it has helped my mood and slight increase in energy. Glad I did not listen to the negative reviews. I am excited to see the results."

BF (taken for less than 1 month) August 19, 2018

"Soooo I unfortunately had to discontinue Belviq I have updated a few times on here. It was very helpful and did what it was suppose to and amazingly I have kept off the 15 pounds I lost. I unfortunately got the sinus end of the side effects and it took me a while to connect the dots. Runny nose super congested and stuffed up. I hope they find a way to reconfigure this because it really was so helpful ! I kept waiting to get better and I did, the first 24 hours of not taking the medication I tried going back on and within hours there it was again ! As I have said before this truly was so helpful!"

Stella Mckee (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 9, 2018

"155 pounds, 5'2", 36 yo female, high blood pressure. BMI 28, and the Dr recommended Belviq. Day 1, extra energy, no hunger, slight insomnia. Day 2, slight headache, no hunger, chills. Day 3, slight head ache, no hunger, some chills, hot flashes. Day 4 diarrhea, my legs started hurting, no hunger. Day 5 slight headache. Day 6 took a turn a bad turn. Last day I took the medication. Almost threw up when I got out of bed. Had to lay on my bathroom floor to prevent fainting. I was foggy, memory problems all day. No hunger. P.M. sore throat started. Day 7, very sore throat, lethargic. By that night I couldn't swallow my own saliva. Red sore mouth/throat a side effect. Day 8 my throat so swollen I couldn't speak, had sores in my mouth. Went to urgent care. Gave me a steroid shot to reduce throat swelling. They said my heart was racing. Tested negative for strep. Day 8, down to 148 pounds. Ate healthy, kept calories around 1300. Ran 3 miles 3 days. Did I lose weight? Yes, but at the risk of being poisoned. Will not continue."

Angelbell July 30, 2018

"I work out 4 days a week and try to stay healthy but excess weight wouldn’t come off. I’ve been on the pill about 1 month and 1 week and I dropped 20 lbs so far. I did experience headaches for about 3 days but taking IB Profin 800’s help. I was a bit tired. I had habits of snacking throughout the day which I don’t do anymore because I’ve lost the hunger and growling stomach. I am done eating by 7 pm and don’t start feeling hungry till 10 am. So far this is a big help. Definitely recommend, however if you just eat due to boredom or for the heck of it this won’t work. It still requires dedication."

EN (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 30, 2018

"I started taking Belviq XR January 2017, had to stop for a month because I had a knee replacement and needed to take strong opioids which don't mix, then went back on Belviq in March 2017. I have taken the drug for almost 5 months ( two months a gap then three months) and gotten over most of the side effects. The first two to three weeks both times were bad, extreme exhaustion and nausea, no head aches. Since then just get fatigued mid afternoon and sleep about an hour more than pre Belviq. I've lost about 25 lbs since I started, which is slow and steady and plan to lose another 20 before I stop taking it. I do use the Belviq manufacturer coupon as my insurance does not cover the $$$. Coupon cuts the cost in half. You can find the coupon on the Belviq website."

Magnet (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 25, 2018

"Took this 2 years ago lost 85 pounds in 8 months now I have gained 22 pounds back so hoping I can get a jump start again. I only plan to stay on a couple of months because it’s higher now then before. Hope nothing but success for everyone out there."

Lisa (taken for less than 1 month) June 21, 2018

"I took Belviq for over 6 months and it worked for a while. I lost 60 pounds. However, when I stop taking it, not only did I gain the pounds right back (even working out 5 days a week) but withdrawals from this drug are very harsh and debilitating. I was so nauseous and vomiting every time I tried to move. Lingering effects: brain fog still happens. NOT WORTH IT!!!"

Me (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 18, 2018

"I've been taking Belviq, 20 mg, for 10 days. I'm the type that wants to see immediate results, so was getting frustrated because I wasn't seeing any. Well, that all changed when the medication kicked in. 10 days in and I've now lost 6 pounds! I'm so happy finally found something that works. My side effects are extremely tired all of the time, but that seems to be just about gone. Still having a little brain fog, but I do believe it will clear up the longer I'm on it. If you decide to take it, just be patient the first week, because you will start seeing results after a week. I was lucky my insurance paid the majority of it. I'm paying only $53 for a 90 day supply!"

Donna b (taken for less than 1 month) June 5, 2018

"Used a "card" that is available on the Belviq site, brought if down from over $300 to $98.00. Have been taking it for 10 days - the only thing different I feel is being extremely tired and dizziness. If I don't feel anything soon about "feeling full" or cravings, I'm going to stop taking it. It's not worth the fatigue!"

Kali13 (taken for less than 1 month) May 29, 2018

"Didn't work. Lost 0 lbs. Expensive and side effects of runny nose and cramps."

Candee (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 27, 2018

"This is my 2nd day on Belviq I don't feel hungry. Last night I ate some Mexican rice and plain pinto beans, feels like I over ate it was less than half a cup each. No headaches but, big bowel movement. I feel good over all. Kelly61 I'm sure it will work just give it time. As far as out of pocket payment I paid $98.38 I do not have insurance. I'm being positive and thankful for this opportunity to be able to get help some way and I think it was the right choice. I'm 5' weigh in at 200lbs. I will up date you all on my progress. I have a friend doesn't exercise and in about 3 months lost close to 100lbs. Just keep this in mind it could be us. Honestly it may take time but it will happen. God bless everyone. Hope that was helpful "

AngelG (taken for less than 1 month) May 19, 2018

"I have gained weight after a total hysterectomy. I could no longer excercise the way I used to before the surgery. I tend to over eat because I LOVE food and actually am always hungry. I am 5'5 and am 205lb. I took Belviq XR 20mg for 5 days only. I HAVE NEVER been so tired in my life!! I was uncoordinated, slept like a rock (probably only benefit) and still needed to nap during the day, which is not compatible with staying employed. Also had really bad brain fog, urinary incontinence (who would've thought this?!!) and absolutely no motivation to get up, let alone exercise. The biggest kicker is that I WAS SOOOOO HUNGRY!! Had huge cravings for sweets, chips and ice-cream, things I don't love on the regular! Like all the time. I had paid 107$ for it with use of a coupon and I am just going to swallow that. I so wished it had worked but I like being employed and being alert and oriented during the daytime."

Jack Daniels (taken for less than 1 month) May 12, 2018

"I have noticed I get a little full faster, but its making me very agitated and I have been very emotional, I cry at movies and stupid stuff. I still want to eat everything. It is making me crave sugar like no other. I wasn't like that before. I only been taking for 1 month so I'll give it 2 months and see. It did say I lost a little weight but I have been trying to lose weight before I started this."

DAKOTA2483 (taken for less than 1 month) May 9, 2018

"Started today and I'm taking 10mg twice a day. I feel somewhat dizzy and have absolutely no appetite. Fingers crossed i will lose about 40lbs!"

Cissy (taken for less than 1 month) April 23, 2018

"I've been on Belviq 2 days now, seems to curb my appetite, but it does make me tired right now, hopefully not for long, so I can exercise. Goal is to lose 50-60 lbs, and lower my bad Cholesterol."

Bandit (taken for less than 1 month) April 19, 2018

"I just bought my Rx today. However, I was my insurance did not pay and after all the claims that Belviq makes about their savings cards and coupons, $50 off a $330 Rx is a load of rubbish."

Lindsay S (taken for less than 1 month) April 18, 2018

"It's good!"

koko April 16, 2018

"I'm 64 and tonight I will start my belviq. I'm a lil concern about side effects will keep a post of progress"

Guinness12 April 12, 2018

"My first day on Belviq,I am 41 years old, 5'4 and 168 pounds. I need to lose weight for health reasons. My goal is to be 140lb .This was recommended by my doctor I took 1 pill 20 mg at 11am, it kicked in at 2 ,I am not hungry at all. I did experience diarrhea , dry mouth, and headache. I will continue on hopefully, side effects will stop after a week. I will keep you posted!"

Lovely (taken for less than 1 month) April 11, 2018

"I started on Belviq on Saturday, March 17. I 20mg pill AM and 1 20mg pill PM...no side affects what so ever. Today is day 3, still no side affects...but also no curbing my appetite or cravings! I eat fairly healthy but overeat on portion size. I am still eating as usual and waiting for the drug to kick in. I need to lose about 50 pounds and currently cannot really exercise due to back issues and PT. Does anyone have some insight how long it takes for things to start moving?"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) March 19, 2018

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...