User Reviews for Belviq

Belviq Rating Summary

7.8/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 46 medications used in the treatment of Weight Loss.

Reviews for Belviq to treat Weight Loss

"I have gained weight after a total hysterectomy. I could no longer excercise the way I used to before the surgery. I tend to over eat because I LOVE food and actually am always hungry. I am 5'5 and am 205lb. I took Belviq XR 20mg for 5 days only. I HAVE NEVER been so tired in my life!! I was uncoordinated, slept like a rock (probably only benefit) and still needed to nap during the day, which is not compatible with staying employed. Also had really bad brain fog, urinary incontinence (who would've thought this?!!) and absolutely no motivation to get up, let alone exercise. The biggest kicker is that I WAS SOOOOO HUNGRY!! Had huge cravings for sweets, chips and ice-cream, things I don't love on the regular! Like all the time. I had paid 107$ for it with use of a coupon and I am just going to swallow that. I so wished it had worked but I like being employed and being alert and oriented during the daytime."

Jack Daniels (taken for less than 1 month) May 12, 2018

"I have noticed I get a little full faster, but its making me very agitated and I have been very emotional, I cry at movies and stupid stuff. I still want to eat everything. It is making me crave sugar like no other. I wasn't like that before. I only been taking for 1 month so I'll give it 2 months and see. It did say I lost a little weight but I have been trying to lose weight before I started this."

DAKOTA2483 (taken for less than 1 month) May 9, 2018

"Started today and I'm taking 10mg twice a day. I feel somewhat dizzy and have absolutely no appetite. Fingers crossed i will lose about 40lbs!"

Cissy (taken for less than 1 month) April 23, 2018

"I've been on Belviq 2 days now, seems to curb my appetite, but it does make me tired right now, hopefully not for long, so I can exercise. Goal is to lose 50-60 lbs, and lower my bad Cholesterol."

Bandit (taken for less than 1 month) April 19, 2018

"I just bought my Rx today. However, I was my insurance did not pay and after all the claims that Belviq makes about their savings cards and coupons, $50 off a $330 Rx is a load of rubbish."

Lindsay S (taken for less than 1 month) April 18, 2018

"It's good!"

koko April 16, 2018

"I'm 64 and tonight I will start my belviq. I'm a lil concern about side effects will keep a post of progress"

Guinness12 April 12, 2018

"My first day on Belviq,I am 41 years old, 5'4 and 168 pounds. I need to lose weight for health reasons. My goal is to be 140lb .This was recommended by my doctor I took 1 pill 20 mg at 11am, it kicked in at 2 ,I am not hungry at all. I did experience diarrhea , dry mouth, and headache. I will continue on hopefully, side effects will stop after a week. I will keep you posted!"

Lovely (taken for less than 1 month) April 11, 2018

"I started on Belviq on Saturday, March 17. I 20mg pill AM and 1 20mg pill PM...no side affects what so ever. Today is day 3, still no side affects...but also no curbing my appetite or cravings! I eat fairly healthy but overeat on portion size. I am still eating as usual and waiting for the drug to kick in. I need to lose about 50 pounds and currently cannot really exercise due to back issues and PT. Does anyone have some insight how long it takes for things to start moving?"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) March 19, 2018

"I've been using Belviq since February 13th and today is March 7th. So far I've lost 12 pounds. I've also cut out all pop, sweets, alcohol and bread. I don't do as much cardio as I should but will definitely be picking that up more so within the next couple weeks. Belviq has definitely gotten rid of my cravings and appetite. I didn't have any side effects like the headaches I heard about. The only thing I noticed was that during the day before I'd take my second dose I would start getting a little tired. Otherwise it's definitely helping me not reach for snacks!"

Linds March 7, 2018

"This medication did absolutely nothing for me. I think it actually made me more hungry and gain weight. It also made me feel extremely tired all the time. Because this medication was not covered by insurance, with the Belviq discount card I still paid about $100 per month for it. I took this medication for three months. What a waste of my hard earned money."

Hazelnutcns (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 2, 2018

"I started taking this medication on Saturday, today is Tuesday. 10mg x2/day. I weighed 304lbs day one and now 300lbs. I have lost 4 lbs. I haven’t really been watching what I eat or working out. It’s day 3, and I’m going to start doing keto and see how it goes. Will update :)"

Obesetobeautywithabeast (taken for less than 1 month) February 27, 2018

"Updating my experience using this for Poly cystic ovary syndrome and weight lose... I've now been on belviq for almost 4 months now. My weight is at 256lb. So I've lost another 20lbs between belviq, metformin and spironolactone since my 6 week update. That brings me to 60lb weight loss total, and 44lb of it in the last almost 4 months on belviq! I have experienced forgetting to eat on occasion, but I make myself eat so my body has the good energy to burn calories. I also drink at least 2 litres of water per day. I exercise 4+ times a week for at least a half an hour. I hope this helps in your decision."

Pcos newcomer #2 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 24, 2018

"Worst weight lost pill. Makes you feel HORRIBLE. Terrible headaches and feeling nauseous . Wasted my time and most importantly my money . BEWARE!"

Vval December 8, 2017

"Diagnosed with PCOS in March of 17 after years of up and down. I'm 5'7" weighed 230 all through high school. Lost 40 lb year with no carbs. Lost another 40 eating nothing on 3rd shift. Bam pregnancy at 18. 2007 9lb 11 oz baby and weighed in at 278lb. Over 6 years, I got myself down to 200lb again. Kept it off for a while, got married. Lapse on birth control and bam pregnant again. 2016 2nd baby 7lb 9oz weighed in at 260lb. Over the next 9 months no matter what I did to lose the weight it just kept stacking on. March of 2017, weighing 316lb... tests. PCOS. metformin, lost 10. spironolactone due to extreme water retention. Lost another 6lb. 6 weeks ago I was put on belviq and I'm down 24 lbs so far. 40 total in about 8 months. 100 to go."

PCOS newcomer (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 6, 2017

"Today is my first day taking Belviq at 5' and 163 lbs. My goal is to lose 40 lbs. My mom tried one of the pills yesterday and felt headache, dry mouth, body aches, and chills for a short while. She noticed her appetite was definitely suppressed. Today is my first day taking it (once a day) and I had a couple seconds of chills and thats it, no other side effects. My appetite definitely hasn't been suppressed but I'm hoping that within a few days, I will see some changes in appetite and some weight loss."

Rosie96 (taken for less than 1 month) November 6, 2017

"I started Belviq after first losing a significant amount on Weight Watchers, so progress was sort of slow for me. I lost about a half a pound a week for the three months I was on it, but my motivation level was low. The problem for me came when I tried to stop taking it. I had the symptoms of antidepressant discontinuation syndrome pretty bad. These included lightheadedness, dizziness, tingly hands and feet, and blurry vision. This all scared me very much - I thought I was going to have a stroke. I even had what felt like an electric shock shoot through different parts of my body a few times. I was really relieved to find out that this is a fairly common condition and only lasts 2-3 weeks, but it was pretty uncomfortable."

LaurainVA (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 29, 2017

"I used belviq a two years ago for about 4 months, and I lost 25 pounds. I weighed 185 when I started on the pill. My weight dropped to 160 in less than 4 moths. I'm 60 and 5'4". At first I experienced slight dizziness and felt sluggish and sleepy. After taking vitamins (B12, calcium, multi vitamins), it went away. I stopped taking it after I reached my goal. However, I started to gain the weight back after 2 years to 192 lbs. A whopping 32 pounds gain! I got back on belviq on October 6. After 3.5 weeks, I lost 14 lbs.with no exercise. I got the same side effects but they all went away after the first week. I plan to do a little bit of walking and light exercise just to speed up the weight loss get used to the routine after I'm off the pill."

Back on it after 2 years (taken for less than 1 month) October 25, 2017

"Starting taking Belviq 10mg a week ago. Number 1. None of the coupons I printed out didn't give me any cost reduction and my health insurance would not pay any cost, so I'm out of pocket, $280.00. Number 2 I'm 70 yrs young, weighed 196lbs at 5'4", obese. Number 3. Had terrible side effects past week, headache, fever, body aches and pain especially in feet and hands, have developed a nagging cough, dizziness. It's been one week today, my feet are killing me and I feel a bit feverish. Now I can at least get out of the house. Number 4. I weigh 192 lbs today. Number 5. So I will continue this journey one more week, if it continues with the side effects, I'll have to quit. Also I'm very active I take an accounting class twice a week, weights twice a wk, walk 5 miles twice a week, swim once week"

Ovee October 10, 2017

"I've been on Belviq for five months now. I'm down 30 pounds and I still have about 30 to go. I'm very pleased with my results. I use a meal tracker app and stay between 1000-1200 calories a day which can be difficult. I'm going to increase to 1300-1400 the next couple of months (which may slow my weight loss down a bit but I'm okay with that) because it's comfort food season! I still love to eat and I think I've been successful because I can still have delicious food but with the medicine I'm satisfied with very small portions."

Southern Gal (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 30, 2017

"I've been taking Belviq for over a year and have lost over 80lbs. I'm no longer taking my antidepressants either because I call it my little happy pill! However they keep raising the price and I can no longer afford it. I'm sick of drug companies and they games they play with people's lives!"

Stacin2004 September 14, 2017

"Worst weight loss pills I've ever taken! It gives you a horrible migraine and makes you feel like you about to vomit every time you take it... rubbish !! Wasted my time and money smh"

VVV20235646xx (taken for less than 1 month) September 10, 2017

"Have been taking Belviq for two and a half months have lost 10 lbs. First two days had a headache and felt weird, but then it went away and I have noticed I sleep like a rock (albeit I do have weird dreams). I also have a lot LESS anxiety, so I am unsure what that is about? I don't have any other side effects except that I am MUCH less hungry, don't really think about food like I use to. It has been so much easier to stay on track and just eating like a normal human. I feel GREAT and am very grateful to this drug."

Peggy33 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 5, 2017

"Horrible side effects. Purchased 90 day supply and can't finish them. Waste of money and doesn't work."

Nanvp1221122 August 24, 2017

"I first was prescribed 10 mg of Belviq and was happy because none of the other pills I went on worked. I took my first pill in the morning and it did not affect my appetite nor did I have any side effects. After one week with no changes I started on 2 pills twice a day. Unfortunately for me I still did not have a curbed appetite and no side effects. I am wondering if anyone else took these same pills with no affects at all?"

Lindamaria August 21, 2017