User Reviews for Belviq

Learn more about Belviq.

Belviq Rating Summary

8.2/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 45 medications used in the treatment of Weight Loss.

Reviews for Belviq to treat Weight Loss

"I have been on Belviq for 8 days now and have lost 6 pounds. I am using the Losing It app to log my food and track my calories which makes it so easy. My goal is 1200 calories a day but sometimes I just can't work them all in. The first couple of days I did have a small nagging headache but I am use to dealing with migraines so it wasn't a big deal. The first week there was some tiredness but that seems to leaving me now and I seem to be getting more energy back. The discount card is a plus since it only cost 75.00 a month to fill. I am happy with the results so far and look forward to feeling better without the weight."

mamamamamamama July 28, 2016

"I've been taking Belqiv for two weeks, have loss a total of 2 lbs. Doesn't curb my appetite, will continue to take for two more weeks, Will probably switch to Saxenda or Qymsia. I'll keep you posted. Very disappointed and costly too."

Fabulous Fat July 26, 2016

"I've been taking Belviq for two years. Slowly I lost 30 pounds. I have continued to take this medication and the most important detail is that I have kept my weight loss off as Belviq Works perfectly for weight maintenance too. (I can't tell you how many times, prior to Belviq, that I'd gained and lost this weight.) Very much helps me with cravings and over eating."

Prosebingo (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 21, 2016

"I was kind of scared to use Belviq because of all the other reviews but, I took the Belviq for two weeks did not feel anything. I felt a little dizzy and had dry mouth but other than that I did not have any other side effects. did not loose any weight, did not curb my appetite at all. I paid a lot of money and it did not do me any justice."

anonoyous10 July 20, 2016

"I've been using Belviq for 3 days now and I will admit I was afraid to start using Belviq because of the reviews I have read. Especially being a single parent with a 2 year old, I wondered if this would be more stressful or if it would help. I do have slight issues with headaches, but it's not unbearable and taking tylenol takes the edge off. I've experienced both bursts of energy and a little drowsiness, again, nothing that's not bearable. Overall I would say I like using Belviq. The fact of taking the medication makes you more aware of what needs to be done in order to be fit, but it really does curb the appetite. I take it with food, and so far I've lost about a pound a day"

Looking forward to results July 18, 2016

"Prescribed Belviq about three months ago- April 2016, 10 mg twice a day. Went to the doctor two months later and had lost 15 lbs from 266 to 251. Again, I went two weeks later and I was down to 246. Had some side effects such as fatigued, dry mouth but just drink more water. Does a great job of curbing my appetite-making me feel full on less food. Also seemed to change my taste buds. Doesn't at all agree with Alcohol. This is the first drug that has helped me lose weight. This is important since I am on estrogen blockers due to Breast Cancer and had a hard time losing weight. Will continue on this medicine."

Dwill3 July 6, 2016

"I've been on Below for 2 weeks now and the only side effects I've noticed have been a slight back ache and dry mouth. But I have lost 10lbs so far so its been worth it!! It definitely curbs my appetite but I always eat 3-5 small healthy meals. I hope it keeps going this way for me!"

Drea292 June 26, 2016

"I have been on Belviq now for 4 days and have lost 4 lbs I keep track of what I eat in my fitness pal app I am eating about 1200 calories per day and is fun to keep tract with the fitness Pal , my side effects are very tired in the morning and my muscles ache I noticed if I eat a good meal of 300-350 calories it keeps me full,for a longer time rather than eating a smaller meal"

Barbski June 26, 2016

"Took first pill yesterday. Noticed almost immediately no appetite. Got a hummus wrap for lunch & couldn't even eat half of it; I can usually eat the whole thing. Dinner I ate the other half then took 2nd pill. Now as I write this almost 14 hours later after that 2nd pill I wish I had never taken it & won't take it again. Last night chills. My arm tingled all night long & thought it was signaling a heart attack. That thought caused me a lot of anxiety & I could not sleep well. Got up twice during the night to go to the bathroom & had to hold the wall all the way there as my legs and back were in severe muscle pain. This morning had a hard time dragging myself out of bed. Most meds seem to react fully on me. I cannot take Belviq."

MelMom (taken for less than 1 month) June 22, 2016

"Hi I been taking the medication for a week an last 4lbs along with the medication I been drinking lots of water walking a 1.5-2 miles 2-3 days a week. I been watch what I eat an didn't feelings as hungry as I usually do. I try to eat my last meal by 7:30pm but some times it does not work that way. So far the medication has been working for me."

Ja'Siaih (taken for less than 1 month) June 19, 2016

"I started taking Belviq two weeks ago. At first I only took one pill a day, but on week two I moved to two pills a day as prescribed. I've lost 8lbs in two weeks by taking the pill as directed, twice a day, and maintaining my calorie intake (1200 or below). I've also made sure I'm drinking at least 100oz of water each day and have cut out sodas throughout the week. I have faith that I'll reach my Weightloss goal."

NewtoBelviq (taken for less than 1 month) June 16, 2016

"Day 4 on Belviq. Cravings haven't subsided nor do I feel like my brain is signaling me that I'm full or that I do not need that Reese's in line at the market for the ride home. My main concern is the tiredness, the lethargy and listlessness. It is horrible. I want to stop taking it but have read to "hang in there". Oh mercy!! I'm trying but it's so hard. My husband can notice the difference. My sexual appetite is gone, heck maybe it's bc I'm too tired. In any case I will continue for several more days as I hear this will go away, but it's so very hard. I am hoping that my cravings for sweets will subside as well. Will update."

MrsWBW (taken for less than 1 month) June 15, 2016

"Thank you to those of you that mentioned that Belviq takes more than a few days to reach peak performance. I guess when you think about it, since it works on serotonin, most medications like that take a couple of weeks to start really working. I was on it 4-5 days and was still craving things and was mad. I noticed today when I got up that I was not wanting to eat until like 1:30 pm. If you can say anymore about that, it would be helpful. thanks"

tltltltltl June 13, 2016

"I have been using belvique for the last 3 weeks and have lost 9 pounds! I have been trying to start back on my exercise program, but when I get ready to start, something else comes up! When I first started taking the product I did notice a few headaches here and there, I took some ibuprofen and it went away. I do sleep very well and notice I have a hard time staying awake at my job..I work nights, so that makes it even more difficult. I get up and walk around for a bit which seems to help. I really haven't noticed anything severe though. Don't give up once you start this product because it does get better after 2 weeks."

Anonymous June 11, 2016

"I started taking Belviq because I gained weight after my hysterotomy. A year later I was diagnosed with heart issues. The doctors put me on so many meds. It was horrible! I noticed the heavier I got, the worse my heart got. I was never considered overweight, but any extra weight you do, makes your heart work more. I saw a commercial on tv about this new medicine and asked my doctor about it. He said "I'm all for it!!". I'm happy to say that after 6 months, I lost 25 pounds. I'm no longer on any meds and feel great!! I felt bad the first 3 days. (Headaches, tiredness) I'm so glad that I stuck to it. It was the push my body needed!! I recommend this to anyone. What do you have to lose? I'm so thankful to my doctor for giving me this chance!!!"

Shellbells (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 10, 2016

"Took my first table and had muscle spasms,extreme tiredness and flu like symptoms. I had such high hopes for this medication but I am afraid to even take another dose."

hydrin11 (taken for less than 1 month) June 5, 2016

"Belviq gave me horrible headaches when I started taking it and if I forgot to take it (when the meds left my system). At first it didn't do anything for me, then after taking it for 4 months, I gained 20 pounds. I've read this medicine works similarly to antidepressants and I've had weight gain problems with antidepressants in the past, so I'm thinking that's why this medication did not work for me."

Amrcncntrydrmr21 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 2, 2016

"As of May 2015 i gave myself one year to lose the weight. I got up to 212( im 5'8) so i carried it pretty well but i was not happy the way i felt, always tired, clothes not fitting. i was comfortable when i was 175-180. So after a whole year and Nothing on the scale changed, i went to my Dr and had blood work done hoping to find a reason WHY, blood work came back all good and clear. Noone likes Bad news but at the moment i was hoping to be given a reason i wasnt losing...what was i doing so wrong! He told me to try BELVIQ 2x a day. So here i am started 18 days ago n im down to 200.i had a slight headache for the 1st 3 days and now normal, i dont have the feeling to snack or over eat. Walk 2 miles 3x week too. Good luck!!!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 2, 2016

"I've only been on Belviq for a few days, but I'm already seeing it work! My appetite is curved and I'm rarely hungry. I've always struggled with never having that "full" feeling and always wanting to eat and eat, but with Belviq, I don't seem to struggle with it anymore. I've seen some people who don't seem to respond to the medicine, which is unfortunate. However, some advice I have. If you take this medicine with an optimistic attitude, and you're conscience about what you're doing (eating habits), then I think most of the time, you'll be successful. It's not a miracle drug that just melts the weight off. You have to put forth the effort to listen to your mind more and not just your want to eat. Good luck!!"

Jen Ann May 30, 2016

"So far it is working, very well. It is curbing my desire to reach for more than one portion at a time. It is allowing me to eat less and think twice about what I am consuming. The fatigue is present, but you have to consider the drop in food intake and the medication. I am doing the atkins diet, taking supplements and exercising when I am able too. Headaches disappeared after the first day. Definitely worth it for me. Print out the coupon it will help to offset the expense of the medication."

Alisha77 May 25, 2016

"I am a 52 year old that had a 38 pound weight gain in 13 months (menopausal). Had to start a second blood pressure med and have terrible joint pain from all that extra weight.I started Belviq last week but stopped after 3 days. The second day, I had a very bad headache that wouldnt go away. I have migraines and chronic headaches so I think I have a high tolerance but this was pretty bad. I got through the headache and was relieved it ended. But then I had the worst fatigue and felt horrendous when I was in work. Going to try to start one pill a day again."

Skyflyer63 May 24, 2016

"I gotten belviq free trail last year and I'm glad I did the cost of them are very expensive my experience with these pills was in minutes got a bad headaches and feeling very tied yawning a whole lot I wouldn't recommend these pills to no one "

Cytherea 50 May 17, 2016

"I started Belviq 10mg 2x daily yesterday ( May 14th 2016) I have battled my weight since my hysterectomy three years ago. I was 177 last month now I am back at 181. I will check in weekly to update my progress. I am very optimistic about Belviq. I did start a new eating habit of 1200 calories a day , I have found this way easier than counting carbs. I use an app on my phone it keeps up with everything. I am very tired and felt very dizzy yesterday but today is much better. I take vyvanse for my ADD so this may help even out the fatigue."

Juls1979 May 16, 2016

"Started taking belviq on May 5 weighing in at 262 lbs. Today is May 13 and I'm at 255 lbs. Totally suppresses my appetite and I have no cravings for sweets. I'm drinking a lot of water and walking daily. Feeling great! Totally recommend this drug"

Sunshine 321 (taken for less than 1 month) May 13, 2016

"Started May 4th, at 165 lbs and I am 5'3 and today, May 9th i am at 158. Two pills a day, no more late night cravings, smaller portions at every meal, eating a lot of salads, not craving carbs as much or sweets. Great medicine"

tsmit6969 (taken for less than 1 month) May 9, 2016