User Reviews for Belviq

Belviq Rating Summary

7.8/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 46 medications used in the treatment of Weight Loss.

Reviews for Belviq to treat Weight Loss

"I work out 4 days a week and try to stay healthy but excess weight wouldn’t come off. I’ve been on the pill about 1 month and 1 week and I dropped 20 lbs so far. I did experience headaches for about 3 days but taking IB Profin 800’s help. I was a bit tired. I had habits of snacking throughout the day which I don’t do anymore because I’ve lost the hunger and growling stomach. I am done eating by 7 pm and don’t start feeling hungry till 10 am. So far this is a big help. Definitely recommend, however if you just eat due to boredom or for the heck of it this won’t work. It still requires dedication."

EN (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 30, 2018

"I'm 53 yrs old,,I started weighing 293. I'm 6"2. Anyways I started taking this magical pill. In 2.5 months I've lost 28lbs. Remember PEOPLE what's more important to you, looking great, feeling healthy OR eating like a pig feeling like a balloon. Be honest to yourself - HAVEN'T YOU EATEN ENOUGH FOOD IN YOUR LIFE. The pills really help you not to over eat stay away from dessert. When you feel your pants getting baggy and have to make extra holes in your belt THAT feels terrific. Look around when your in public and see the fat overweight PEOPLE everywhere. Why? BECAUSE eating is the easiest thing you can do so instead be strong"

Sick money (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 25, 2018

"I started taking Belviq XR January 2017, had to stop for a month because I had a knee replacement and needed to take strong opioids which don't mix, then went back on Belviq in March 2017. I have taken the drug for almost 5 months ( two months a gap then three months) and gotten over most of the side effects. The first two to three weeks both times were bad, extreme exhaustion and nausea, no head aches. Since then just get fatigued mid afternoon and sleep about an hour more than pre Belviq. I've lost about 25 lbs since I started, which is slow and steady and plan to lose another 20 before I stop taking it. I do use the Belviq manufacturer coupon as my insurance does not cover the $$$. Coupon cuts the cost in half. You can find the coupon on the Belviq website."

Magnet (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 25, 2018

"Took this 2 years ago lost 85 pounds in 8 months now I have gained 22 pounds back so hoping I can get a jump start again. I only plan to stay on a couple of months because it’s higher now then before. Hope nothing but success for everyone out there."

Lisa (taken for less than 1 month) June 21, 2018

"I took Belviq for over 6 months and it worked for a while. I lost 60 pounds. However, when I stop taking it, not only did I gain the pounds right back (even working out 5 days a week) but withdrawals from this drug are very harsh and debilitating. I was so nauseous and vomiting every time I tried to move. Lingering effects: brain fog still happens. NOT WORTH IT!!!"

Me (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 18, 2018

"I've been taking Belviq, 20 mg, for 10 days. I'm the type that wants to see immediate results, so was getting frustrated because I wasn't seeing any. Well, that all changed when the medication kicked in. 10 days in and I've now lost 6 pounds! I'm so happy finally found something that works. My side effects are extremely tired all of the time, but that seems to be just about gone. Still having a little brain fog, but I do believe it will clear up the longer I'm on it. If you decide to take it, just be patient the first week, because you will start seeing results after a week. I was lucky my insurance paid the majority of it. I'm paying only $53 for a 90 day supply!"

Donna b (taken for less than 1 month) June 5, 2018

"Used a "card" that is available on the Belviq site, brought if down from over $300 to $98.00. Have been taking it for 10 days - the only thing different I feel is being extremely tired and dizziness. If I don't feel anything soon about "feeling full" or cravings, I'm going to stop taking it. It's not worth the fatigue!"

Kali13 (taken for less than 1 month) May 29, 2018

"Didn't work. Lost 0 lbs. Expensive and side effects of runny nose and cramps."

Candee (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 27, 2018

"This is my 2nd day on Belviq I don't feel hungry. Last night I ate some Mexican rice and plain pinto beans, feels like I over ate it was less than half a cup each. No headaches but, big bowel movement. I feel good over all. Kelly61 I'm sure it will work just give it time. As far as out of pocket payment I paid $98.38 I do not have insurance. I'm being positive and thankful for this opportunity to be able to get help some way and I think it was the right choice. I'm 5' weigh in at 200lbs. I will up date you all on my progress. I have a friend doesn't exercise and in about 3 months lost close to 100lbs. Just keep this in mind it could be us. Honestly it may take time but it will happen. God bless everyone. Hope that was helpful "

AngelG (taken for less than 1 month) May 19, 2018

"I have gained weight after a total hysterectomy. I could no longer excercise the way I used to before the surgery. I tend to over eat because I LOVE food and actually am always hungry. I am 5'5 and am 205lb. I took Belviq XR 20mg for 5 days only. I HAVE NEVER been so tired in my life!! I was uncoordinated, slept like a rock (probably only benefit) and still needed to nap during the day, which is not compatible with staying employed. Also had really bad brain fog, urinary incontinence (who would've thought this?!!) and absolutely no motivation to get up, let alone exercise. The biggest kicker is that I WAS SOOOOO HUNGRY!! Had huge cravings for sweets, chips and ice-cream, things I don't love on the regular! Like all the time. I had paid 107$ for it with use of a coupon and I am just going to swallow that. I so wished it had worked but I like being employed and being alert and oriented during the daytime."

Jack Daniels (taken for less than 1 month) May 12, 2018

"I have noticed I get a little full faster, but its making me very agitated and I have been very emotional, I cry at movies and stupid stuff. I still want to eat everything. It is making me crave sugar like no other. I wasn't like that before. I only been taking for 1 month so I'll give it 2 months and see. It did say I lost a little weight but I have been trying to lose weight before I started this."

DAKOTA2483 (taken for less than 1 month) May 9, 2018

"Started today and I'm taking 10mg twice a day. I feel somewhat dizzy and have absolutely no appetite. Fingers crossed i will lose about 40lbs!"

Cissy (taken for less than 1 month) April 23, 2018

"I've been on Belviq 2 days now, seems to curb my appetite, but it does make me tired right now, hopefully not for long, so I can exercise. Goal is to lose 50-60 lbs, and lower my bad Cholesterol."

Bandit (taken for less than 1 month) April 19, 2018

"I just bought my Rx today. However, I was my insurance did not pay and after all the claims that Belviq makes about their savings cards and coupons, $50 off a $330 Rx is a load of rubbish."

Lindsay S (taken for less than 1 month) April 18, 2018

"It's good!"

koko April 16, 2018

"I'm 64 and tonight I will start my belviq. I'm a lil concern about side effects will keep a post of progress"

Guinness12 April 12, 2018

"My first day on Belviq,I am 41 years old, 5'4 and 168 pounds. I need to lose weight for health reasons. My goal is to be 140lb .This was recommended by my doctor I took 1 pill 20 mg at 11am, it kicked in at 2 ,I am not hungry at all. I did experience diarrhea , dry mouth, and headache. I will continue on hopefully, side effects will stop after a week. I will keep you posted!"

Lovely (taken for less than 1 month) April 11, 2018

"I started on Belviq on Saturday, March 17. I 20mg pill AM and 1 20mg pill PM...no side affects what so ever. Today is day 3, still no side affects...but also no curbing my appetite or cravings! I eat fairly healthy but overeat on portion size. I am still eating as usual and waiting for the drug to kick in. I need to lose about 50 pounds and currently cannot really exercise due to back issues and PT. Does anyone have some insight how long it takes for things to start moving?"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) March 19, 2018

"I've been using Belviq since February 13th and today is March 7th. So far I've lost 12 pounds. I've also cut out all pop, sweets, alcohol and bread. I don't do as much cardio as I should but will definitely be picking that up more so within the next couple weeks. Belviq has definitely gotten rid of my cravings and appetite. I didn't have any side effects like the headaches I heard about. The only thing I noticed was that during the day before I'd take my second dose I would start getting a little tired. Otherwise it's definitely helping me not reach for snacks!"

Linds March 7, 2018

"This medication did absolutely nothing for me. I think it actually made me more hungry and gain weight. It also made me feel extremely tired all the time. Because this medication was not covered by insurance, with the Belviq discount card I still paid about $100 per month for it. I took this medication for three months. What a waste of my hard earned money."

Hazelnutcns (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 2, 2018

"I started taking this medication on Saturday, today is Tuesday. 10mg x2/day. I weighed 304lbs day one and now 300lbs. I have lost 4 lbs. I haven’t really been watching what I eat or working out. It’s day 3, and I’m going to start doing keto and see how it goes. Will update :)"

Obesetobeautywithabeast (taken for less than 1 month) February 27, 2018

"Updating my experience using this for Poly cystic ovary syndrome and weight lose... I've now been on belviq for almost 4 months now. My weight is at 256lb. So I've lost another 20lbs between belviq, metformin and spironolactone since my 6 week update. That brings me to 60lb weight loss total, and 44lb of it in the last almost 4 months on belviq! I have experienced forgetting to eat on occasion, but I make myself eat so my body has the good energy to burn calories. I also drink at least 2 litres of water per day. I exercise 4+ times a week for at least a half an hour. I hope this helps in your decision."

Pcos newcomer #2 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 24, 2018

"Worst weight lost pill. Makes you feel HORRIBLE. Terrible headaches and feeling nauseous . Wasted my time and most importantly my money . BEWARE!"

Vval December 8, 2017

"Diagnosed with PCOS in March of 17 after years of up and down. I'm 5'7" weighed 230 all through high school. Lost 40 lb year with no carbs. Lost another 40 eating nothing on 3rd shift. Bam pregnancy at 18. 2007 9lb 11 oz baby and weighed in at 278lb. Over 6 years, I got myself down to 200lb again. Kept it off for a while, got married. Lapse on birth control and bam pregnant again. 2016 2nd baby 7lb 9oz weighed in at 260lb. Over the next 9 months no matter what I did to lose the weight it just kept stacking on. March of 2017, weighing 316lb... tests. PCOS. metformin, lost 10. spironolactone due to extreme water retention. Lost another 6lb. 6 weeks ago I was put on belviq and I'm down 24 lbs so far. 40 total in about 8 months. 100 to go."

PCOS newcomer (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 6, 2017

"Today is my first day taking Belviq at 5' and 163 lbs. My goal is to lose 40 lbs. My mom tried one of the pills yesterday and felt headache, dry mouth, body aches, and chills for a short while. She noticed her appetite was definitely suppressed. Today is my first day taking it (once a day) and I had a couple seconds of chills and thats it, no other side effects. My appetite definitely hasn't been suppressed but I'm hoping that within a few days, I will see some changes in appetite and some weight loss."

Rosie96 (taken for less than 1 month) November 6, 2017