User Reviews for Belviq

Learn more about Belviq.

Belviq Rating Summary

7.9/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 48 medications used in the treatment of Weight Loss.

Reviews for Belviq to treat Weight Loss

"It's been one month today had my follow up appointment to see if I can continue on the medication and I lost 9.3pounds. I didn't weigh myself at all during this period of time so I was super excited when the doctor told me today let's see how the next 4 week goes"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 15, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I started taking Belviq May 31, 2017. I am 5"5 and start weight was 279lb. Today makes day 15 and I am at 273lb and that's the number with my period on (sorry TMI) so it will be lower once it's gone off. I know 6lbs in 15 days sounds like nothing right? But I haven't exercised nor watched what I have been eating, only because I wanted to see what the pill had to offer. Not only did I lose weight but I lost inches!!! How many inches? I'm not sure, I just know that I can wear my rompers and tight shirts without my girdle "

Determined2Bfiner June 14, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I started taking the medication April 26, 2017 and as of today I have lost 18lbs. It's a slow process but stay with it and u will see some results. It's a time release medication. I take one pill at 9am and the second pill at nine pm. This time works better for me. I noticed when I wake up early morning I am not hungry. Good luck everybody."

Kekecece June 11, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I started this pill on Tuesday night. My insurance paid for it (after pre-authorization from my Dr) my co pay was 50 but pharmacist referred me to website and coupon paid that, so I thought what the hell! I'll try it. I am 45 and 4'10 on Monday I weighed 180. On Thursday I weighed 176 so 2 full days on medication I lost 4 lbs. I started my diet one strict 1000 calorie diet and now I am so full I feel sick if I eat more than about 700, but my husband makes me eat. The only side effect I have had from it is insomnia, so I take 10 mg at 7 am 10 mg at 3 pm. No side effects now. I absolutely love it!!!!"

Amy Spence June 10, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"My week and I've lost 10 pounds, no major side effects except frequent urination wondering has anyone else had this issue."

Grannymandy (taken for less than 1 month) June 10, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"First time I took this pill I had a severe headache. My head was hurting so bad that it actually made me vomit several times. The second time I took this pill I only had a headache but nothing as bad as the first time. I felt as if this pill did not cut my appetite. I was still hungry and constantly always thinking about food. Other days I wasn't as hungry but I was still hungry and wanting to snack. I was on the pill for about 3 weeks before I went to the doctor to weigh in. I only lost two pounds. This pill also made me very, very tired. I didn't want to do anything but sleep. Even after just waking up I would still be tired."

S. Dani June 10, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I am 4'11, 188lbs, I was given this prescription about 3 months ago, Belviq 10mg/2 x day and I just filled it yesterday. I used the coupon and paid $88.00 which was better than the $300.00 - Today is my first day and after the 2nd dose I have a bad headache and some chills. I have been reading the reviews and some noticed side effect went away after 3 days so I am being optimistic. I haven't been hungry today but I have made myself eat. I will post more in a week....keep me in your prayers :-)"

J0022 June 6, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have been on Belviq for nearly 18 months. I take 10mg twice daily. My BMI was in the Obese range. I never had a single side-effect. Not one. I have lost 45 pounds. The medication just took away my cravings. I never even want dessert, and have no desire for sweets. Sadly, I am not an exercise person, so I've done very little of that. Some people might think that 45 pounds indicates a slow weight loss in that length of time, but I am thrilled. By the way, I just eat normal food, but much smaller portions. I just get full very quickly I'm sorry some people have had problems or side effects. For me, it was a life saver. I still have 25# more to lose, but I'll get there. Then I have to figure out how to keep it off!"

DGG2017 (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 31, 2017

21 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Today is my second day using Belviq 20mg. The first day I didn't noticed any decrease in appetite however I know it takes a while to work. Today I literally forced myself to eat as I wasn't hungry at all. Only thing that has me a bit concerned is the dizziness, I work on my feet all day and today I've been sitting most of the time cause I feel like I'm falling. Mind you, I'm still eating just less calories however I shouldn't feel this dizzy by cutting calories. I couldn't even drive. Now I hope this goes away with time. I'll update in two weeks or so."

Taking a last chance (taken for less than 1 month) May 31, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Belviq works great for an appetite suppressant. I experienced a little dizziness and a couple first days I had slight chills. (? - could be coincidental) But 2 times I took it with Allegra-D and had a horrible headache - the kind where you think you might puke...migraine status. I truly believe it was just the combination of the pseudoephedrine and the Belviq. I've never had a headache when I take it with Benadryl. (I have bad spring allergies)"

fab50 (taken for less than 1 month) May 31, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I started Belviq 3.5 weeks ago. I tried sorting through reviews just like you are, to see if the $85 a mo. after coupon was worth it. I found it difficult because too many reviewers left out their gender, weight & height so I just decided to just try it. With that being said, I'm a 5'1 female with a desk job weighing 163 to start. I now weight 157. This medication suppresses my appetite slightly, but it suppresses my cravings a lot & I don't give like before. The first day I thought I wasted $85 because the headache was awful. It subsided the next day. I do feel sleepier at night, so I haven't worked out at all, I'm going to purchase another month & add Exercise. I'm also on a 1200 cal diet that I track on my fitness pal"

Reeseri (taken for less than 1 month) May 26, 2017

17 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"When I first started I had bad side effects. Such as feeling like a head cold etc. Anxiety. Trouble seeing. Headaches. But they did wear off. Then I was ok but for really bad cognitive problems. Unable to remember things at work. Some problems talking. But as long as I was losing weight. Finally I realized I was having loose stools due to this drug and came close to a couple of accidents. That was it. I stopped. Yikes I had horrible withdrawal. Heart Palpitations, nausea. I am weening off. When I got off the drug I don't think I ate anymore but I gained 4 lbs the week after cutting back the dose. I found a similar thing when I started.. for the first two weeks I didn't lose any weight but then lost fast. Something is up with that."

BelviqUserSeaton (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 24, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I've been on Belviq 4 days and I'm not really having any side effects but I'm also still hungry all the time. How long does it take to work?"

MarthaGraves May 21, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Great drug. Really works well."

Jay Gibson (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 20, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Been on it for several days and can't take it no more. Horribly nauseous, the scariest night terrors ever and head hurts so bad I thought I would pass out. I really thought I could get through it and it would work. I just can't take it. So sad."

Jessica sable May 13, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I'm 58 years old, exercise regularly and have not been able to loose any weight at all on my own in years and actually started gaining. My Dr. Prescribed Belviq. I've been on Belviq for 4 days, I've lost 5 pounds! Amazing! I have had no side effects whatsoever, except that the first night, I had terrible dreams, so now I only take this drug once a day in the morning, and it's working! I need to loose 50 pounds, and I weighed under 200 when I started. I walk 3 miles, 3 times a week and I went to an 1100 calorie diet every day. I am very strict on my calories. Lots of fruit, protein, and veggies (which I hate) but the weight is coming off and I'm very encouraged. I will continue till I'm at my goal weight."

Akita Lover (taken for less than 1 month) May 12, 2017

26 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I started taking belviq May 32017 , My beginning weight was 226 as of today beginning week two I weigh 219 I have lost 5 pounds. I am on a 1100 calories a day. I replaced a meal with a protein shake. So for every thing is wonderful. My first days on this medicine I was very tired and lower back pain. All of those side affect has gone away. I walk 45 minutes every day. I will be up dating weekly. Good Luck everybody."

kekecece (taken for less than 1 month) May 12, 2017

17 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I started taking Belviq about 3 weeks ago after my doctor recommended I lose weight. I have to admit the first week I was starving while taking Belviq. I also started the paleo diet and increased my water to 84oz a day. (most days..lol) and 20 min of activity 5-6 days a week. I lost 3lbs the first week. I have continued to lose weight due to the combination of the low carb and the Belviq. I do not feel it is suppressing my appetite but I believe it is assisting in my weight loss. I seem to be burning more calories and I rarely have cravings. I do have a one carb treat once a week to treat myself and then I get right back on track. (sometimes a girl wants chocolate or cheesecake or BOTH). I am pleased with the results so far. I feel better."

Ms Foxe (taken for less than 1 month) May 9, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"This is my third week on Belviq and I'm happy to say I am down 9 pounds. My goal is to loss 10 pounds the first month to justify spending another $263. Looks like I will be able to purchase another month's supply. Got 20 pounds to go."

WaxCat (taken for less than 1 month) May 9, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Hello, I am a 35 yr old female, 5'10, weighing 237lbs. After many many months of struggling with weight and lacking motivation to do something about it, I was referred to a doctor that presented me with Belviq XR 20 mg, once daily. Today is only day 2 of this new journey, and I must say the only side effect so far has been slight discomfort in my head, nothing drastic though, which I am happy about. So on my first day I think I did pretty good, wasn't really starving at all throughout the day as I usually am. Today I have been ok, but I had lunch about 12:45pm and felt my stomach rumbling about 2 hours later. For those who have experience with this medication, does it cause hunger? What can I do different to not get hungry so fast?"

Cozmogirl28 May 5, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"The whole point of Belviq is that it is supposed to suppress one's appetite. Of course to really lose more weight everything you wrote factors in. You missed the point with many reviewers.....Belviq is not suppressing their appetite, like "oh, I have to make myself eat", etc. That said, I have been on Belviq for 3 days. I take 10mg x 2 a day. I have not noticed a decrease in appetite at all. I'm still hungry in the am and pm. Bummer. No side effects either. I started at 177 lbs and just wishing my appetite would relax where I could say "oh, I have to make myself eat". Also, I printed up the coupon from Belviq.com and paid $85.00 instead of $257.00."

Stormyskys (taken for less than 1 month) May 5, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I really eat healthy on a regular basis low carb kind of like the keto and atkins diet. I lost around 60 pounds on my own and was in a plateau phase. My doctor suggested taking this medicine. The first 2 days major headaches but then they went away. I am eating, working out, and doing my normal routine with this medicine. Now I weight myself 1 week later and learned I GAINED 9 POUNDS! Doesn't make any sense but I am going to stop taking it when I can loose that much myself without medicine. Really sad but this is what I have to do."

momma247 May 5, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I tried this medication twice. The first time I started at 164 and lost to 157 and then stopped; however, it helped me maintain the 157. I am 5'2" at 59y. The first three days had severe headache, but then like magic it went away. My insurance wouldn't pay for the medication after 9 months because I didn't lose any more weight. I then tried again about 6 months later, my doctor recommended again, and I started at 167 and lost to 163 and stopped losing. I also this time began to feel very tired and depressed and realized after about three weeks that suicidial and depression are side effects so I had to stop taking it. Now I am at 176 my scales, on doctors I am 180 and this is all in approximately 18 months."

nana5746 (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 1, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I've been steadily gaining weigh over the last couple years, and even more since my hysterectomy. My Pcp decided to try me on Belviq to assist me in losing some of the weight I'd gained. I started taking 10mg Belviq twice a day, 9 days ago. My weight before starting was 223lbs. As of day 9, I am down to 217. I've always eaten pretty healthy foods and I really don't exercise much. So I'd say Belviq is definitely helping!! The only side effects I've encountered were: 1. The 1st couple of days I had a very mild headache 2. It made me feel a little sleepier, but not too much. (I definitely sleep more sound at night which is always good.) 3. My appetite has certainly decreased, so I give myself smaller portions now. I'll update more later "

LyricalLisa (taken for less than 1 month) May 1, 2017

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I was on this drug for about 3 weeks. It did not curb my appetite. In fact, I was increasingly hungry and could not stop eating. I gained 10 pounds on it, which I'm assuming is not how this drug is supposed to work. Once I stopped, my appetite returned to normal; however, now I have 10 pounds to lose in addition to the 30 I initially wanted. I am sure I was a unique case, but I would caution that if you start gaining, stop the drug. I felt like I needed to stay on it because it was so expensive and I didn't want to waste my money. And, my doctor said to give it time. Well, 10 pounds was enough time."

Lissie Annie April 28, 2017