User Reviews for Lidocaine

Anesthesia 5.0
Summary of Lidocaine reviews 6.2 10 reviews

Reviews for Lidocaine

None · Taken for less than 1 month May 30, 2020

For Anesthesia: “Lidocaine is mixed with epinephrine, and it's the epinephrine which is causing many people's reactions. Epinephrine speeds up heart rate. Lidocaine is available without epinephrine. The effect of epinephrine on the patient allows medical personnel to avoid using too much lidocaine, since epinephrine side effects are detectable.”

Dede February 24, 2020

“I have Chronic back pain , fibromyalgia arthritis and was reluctant but went through with the first treatment with systemic lidocaine It did nothing , it didn't even make drowsy. It was a waste of time and 3 mth wait”

Kris · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 22, 2019

For Costochondritis: “I had severe back pain for years along my bra line area Degenerative disc disease. I would wake up in the night in such bad pain it would be hard for me to take a breath. After seeing many doctors and taking many different pain pills I was referred to a pain specialist who gave me lidocaine injections into the sore spots of my back. I felt instant relief. And was relatively pain-free for six months and had to go again. This felt like a miracle, after trying so many different things, to be able to tolerate the pain I continue to have. I wish I would have been told about lidocaine injections a lot sooner!”

CM · Taken for less than 1 month June 12, 2019

For Anesthesia: “I had terrible adverse reactions from Lidocaine after several dentist visits. Every time I received a Lidocaine injection it felt like I was having a heart attack (it was actually SEVERE heart palpitations), made me feel cold, and at one point triggered a minor seizure. I also have epilepsy so it is very possible that Lidocaine is not recommended for anyone with serious conditions (but my dentists kept using it anyway). Be careful if you are considering using Lidocaine as a local anesthetic.”

YAHOO · Taken for less than 1 month October 10, 2018

L-Caine (lidocaine) for Anesthesia: “Not a great deal of relief in both lumber spine,hips and legs also the problems have at levels C6,C7 much the same. Side effects great loss of bowel control, not nice.”

Acon March 1, 2018

For Anesthesia: “I have used 5% lidocaine patches for sciatica and bursitis in my thighs. I can usually sit only for 10 to 15 minutes before the pain becomes unbearable. A patch takes about 5 minutes to completely relieve the pain for the day. That problem has cleared but now I have a broken leg requiring a lot of sitting and lying down. The pain is back when I sit but now my insurance, United Health Care, has denied approval to use it so I could only sit when I had to for the last 4 weeks, otherwise stand or lie down. Wheel chairs can't be used for longer than 10 to 15 minutes at a time. The 5% patches are great if you can get them.”

andrewbrad April 3, 2017

For Anesthesia: “I used this after having a tooth pulled - it caused nausea ”

Longhorntiger · Taken for less than 1 month April 10, 2016

For Anesthesia: “I now wear a medal alert bracelet because no one believes I'm allergic to lidocaine and they give it to me anyway. My last experience with MOHS surgery, I immediately passed into a deep sleep and then out, I felt like I couldn't move. It didn't last long. First time didn't get it so they had to give me more. I passed out again but my chest hurt and it was hard to breathe. No one really checked on me. My husband was with me. Third time I passed out and my chest really hurt and I had trouble breathing. Chest pain lasted a couple of weeks. I'm 58 and I do not want to die from this stuff. Doctors do not believe me. They say I just get drunk. I was more than drunk.”

msjan January 23, 2016

For Anesthesia: “I had an injection as a test to see if another RFA would be warranted. It's been 1 1/2 months and the burning is ALMOST gone. Muscle pain....other pain exists but the burning has lessened so much! I'm considering an infusion...or wait and see if I can get another injection into the nerves affected...??? Any words appreciated. Thanks. Also they keep doing clinical trials I see online but with no results (for infusion). Why is that? Why can't we know what the risks and benefits of the trials are? Who is doing these and what results do they have?”

reclus1 January 21, 2014

For Anesthesia: “Use of lidocaine injection to numb insertion sight for IV resulted in burning sensation in the vein that traveled to the heart in 10-15 seconds. This was followed by pale skin, cold sweat, BPdrop and unconciousness for approx.15 minutes. I feel usage in my case was unnecessary, dangerous, andinaffective as it had worn of by the time IV was inserted.”

Suzannah Johnson July 10, 2013

For Costochondritis: “After being diagnosed with costochondritis, I was given a narcotic painkiller, NSAIDs, voltaren gel, and lidocaine patches to help with the pain (which was hideous). None of these medications provided relief, so I was referred to my rheumatologist to receive steroid injections. However, my rheumatologist suggested trying injections of xylocaine into the cartilage of the affected ribs. By the time I got home, ALL of the pain was gone. It has been 3 days now, and I am still pain free. These injections were a miracle solution for me, and I would absolutely recommend trying this before doing steroid injections to anyone who has costochondritis. I did not feel the injections or the medication going in, and have had no side effects whatsoever.”

Bobbycat October 15, 2008

“I have had two injections in both my shoulders. The right one I damaged just putting my coat on. I was in serious pain for 10 months. After having the injection 1 year ago I have been pain free. It was very painful when I had it and for about a week after but then it's been fine. My left has been a frozen shoulder for well over 10 years and I have just had an injection for it. It did not hurt as much. No side effects.”