User Reviews for Lidocaine / prilocaine topical to treat Anesthesia

Also known as: Emla, Prilovix, Venipuncture CPI, Livixil Pak, Anodyne LPT, Dolotranz, Nuvakaan II, Lidopril XR, Prikaan, Realheal-I, Relador Pak Plus, AgonEaze, Prilovix Plus, Emla Anesthetic Disc, Prilolid, Prilovix Lite, SkyaDerm-LP, Prilovixil Plus, DermacinRx Prizopak, Prilovix Lite Plus, Oraqix, Prilovix Ultralite, Prilovix Ultralite Plus, DermacinRx Empricaine, DermacinRx Prikaan Leva Set Lidopril …show all brand names

Lidocaine / prilocaine topical has an average rating of 8.1 out of 10 from a total of 16 ratings for the treatment of Anesthesia. 69% of users who reviewed this medication reported a positive effect, while 6% reported a negative effect.

Lidocaine/prilocaine topical Rating Summary

8.1/10 average rating

Compare all 284 medications used in the treatment of Anesthesia.

Reviews for Lidocaine / prilocaine topical

Scouser · Taken for 1 to 2 years February 27, 2019

Emla (lidocaine / prilocaine): “I use it when I have sex. It's amazing. I can last for ages now and long enough for my partner to orgasm every time. It's changed our sex life. I apply it to the tip of my penis about 30 mins before sex. Rub it in well to the entire head of the penis. Downside, obviously, is don't get the same sensation but after about 30 minutes of lovemaking the cream has worn off and I'm ready to ejaculate.”

Pinchas · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 7, 2020

Emla (lidocaine / prilocaine): “Needed an IV insertion for a contrast MRI, and insisted that EMLA be used. Applied 1.5 hrs. before the procedure, and I barely was aware of the needle at all. It makes a huge difference, since I am phobic about needles. My rule now is without EMLA, you can't touch me. You insert the IV when and where I tell you, or I am leaving!”

Sarah.L · Taken for 2 to 5 years January 13, 2016

Emla (lidocaine / prilocaine): “I have a phobia of needles, and this is the way to get through blood tests. I had to keep getting blood tests, due to having low levels of iron in my blood, and if this numbing cream wasn't available, I don't know how I'd have coped. Come to think of it, using anything sharp on Me, is a nightmare. I didn't trust this cream to work more, at first, because quite a few medications haven't worked for me, but this was a godsend.”

Sam · Taken for less than 1 month January 20, 2021

Emla (lidocaine / prilocaine): “I was so so nervous to get a blood test for work but I knew it needed to be done. I used EMLA in a thick layer on both inner elbow creases, that way the nurse could determine which side had the better vein for her to use. I seriously didn’t feel a single thing!! You could feel the cold alcohol swab but no needle pinch whatsoever. So amazing, this stuff is the best for people with needle phobia— highly recommend!”

Maddie May 17, 2018

Emla (lidocaine / prilocaine): “Hello everyone. Today I got my first tattoo. I was reading these comments this morning because I bought emla numbing cream and I’m so scared of needles I was skeptical of it even working! I must say that when I got to my appointment, she wiped my arm down and it freaked me out, my arm was so incredibly numb it felt like rubber. She started and told me she had done the first line and I literally felt nothing. I could hear buzzing and that was all. About 40mins in and it was starting to wear off but it was good because I felt like the cream eased me into it and then when I could actually feel it, it was almost done and wasn’t to bad :)”

Anonymous · Taken for 10 years or more May 23, 2012

Emla (lidocaine / prilocaine): “Without Emla cream I don't know how I would have made it through my cancer treatments...Thank you so much. I am now finding it impossible to find Emla. My pharmacy have told me it has stopped being manufactured...is this true...Please say NO.”

Ree1990 October 28, 2013

Emla (lidocaine / prilocaine): “I use Emla with a dermaroller. I apply a thin layer and put cling film over it for 60 minutes before starting treatment. It completely numbs the area and I can't feel the 1.5mm needles at all. I can now get thru a session in 5 minutes instead of 30 where I had to keep stopping cause of pain. I bought this for just over $20 for a 5mg tube at Chemist Warehouse. It's expensive but I only need one every 6 weeks and 5g covers my whole buttock and thigh area. I love this stuff!”

glennva May 19, 2011

Oraqix (lidocaine / prilocaine): “I'm no stranger to the dental chair. I have over $30,000 invested in my teeth. After Peridontal surgery I began every 4 month deep cleanings. Due to root surfaces I had full mouth Novacaine every cleaning. I tried Oraqix, with great trepidation, 6 months ago. I just had my second cleaning with Oraqix. It is a MIRACLE. No pain whatsoever and no numbness to wear off. I would NOT have believed this possible without trying it. ”

Franki53 December 13, 2015

Emla (lidocaine / prilocaine): “I only use Emla to have sex. I use it one hour before I have sex with my wife and I enjoy longer intensive sex. I am german and I bought it in germany for %u20AC 27.90 euro in a 25mg tube, much much cheaper then here.”

wowavalidnicknamehahaha August 16, 2015

Emla (lidocaine / prilocaine): “Emla will do the job..for only half hour! It takes like 2 hours when you apply and you can't count on it more than 30-40 mins. If you wanna use Emla for a tattoo, anything bigger than the palm of your hand won't do the job! A little cute butterfly? Buy this product, you'll love it! A big rib piece? You better hold the pain and cry and faint than counting on this cream! And I do NOT know if you can re-apply some during the tattoo session. Just be aware that if the pain comes back and your tattoo is not over-your brain will freak out at least 6-7 times more and so as the pain! This product can be a b*tch if you want to use it on a $200 tattoo.”

Anonymous January 18, 2012

“As a nurse with over 20 yrs experience, my knees and back have took their toll of injury and pain. Lidocaine patches are a God send, I am free of pain and able to continue doing what I love most in life, taking care of others. Not having to depend on others to take care of me and prolonging my career. Thank God for Lidoderm!”

Tamsets · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 24, 2016

“My Reumatologist recommended this medication for nerve pain that shoots from my neck to my hands due to nerve damage in my neck following cervical spine surgery. I was skeptical about using it at first, however during an intense flare I could feel the tenderness along my arms to my hands and fingers and tried the gel. It definitely dulled the pain and helped to relieve the tenderness and tingling shooting to my fingers. Just one tool in my arsenal and a great help.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 2 years June 22, 2019

Emla (lidocaine / prilocaine): “Does not work at all! I found it actually made it harder for the phlebotomist to find my small, deep, rolling veins as well. I've tried using the medication for almost 2 years as I need blood draw very often and I never felt much relief. When using the cream it seemed to burn more then without it. If it works for some people that’s great, but I find it’s better to just do without it. When I get a very skilled phlebotomist I have no pain or issues.”

AlexxKat · Taken for 6 months to 1 year May 13, 2017

“I use 2.5/2.5% EMLA cream for electrolysis of my facial hair. It does not work as well for me as others. It reaches maximum effectiveness 8-15 minutes after application, and the numbing effect begins to wear off after about 30 minutes, so it works quickly for me, but not very long. When I applied it 1-2 hours before procedure, as recommended, it had completely worn off by then. Although it does help, there are areas of my face (around the mouth) where the pain is still quite intense, even with the EMLA cream, and I often have to quit the procedure early due to the pain. I wish it worked better for me--good luck to others.”

Garlis · Taken for less than 1 month June 3, 2017

“Applied to right lower leg for a lump and pain from the ankle to the knee. Very painful to touch or press on. Within one week the lump disappeared and all pain left the affected area. This condition was over one year with no treatment correcting the problem. I am pleased with the results.”

Numb Knob · Taken for less than 1 month September 12, 2017

“I got a small tube to try and help with Premature Ejaculation. I applied a very small amount over my penis head and left it for about 10-15 mins. The end of my penis was completely numb and it's an odd sensation I can tell you. It's a little alarming actually but the feeling starts to return after about 20 mins. Only use a small amount and do a "test run" on your own so you can be prepared for the numbing sensation. Does exactly what it's supposed to.”

Talkman1 · Taken for less than 1 month October 6, 2020

Emla (lidocaine / prilocaine): “Tried it first time today for sex, to stop premature ejaculation unbelievable, I lasted more than an hour. What a transformation in my sex life”

Tattoo Girl October 19, 2020

Emla (lidocaine / prilocaine): “I used Emla for a large tattoo. It worked well for about 2 hours and then wore off. It would be great for small tattoos or shorter tattoo sessions. Quite expensive in Canada!”

David · Taken for less than 1 month December 30, 2019

Emla (lidocaine / prilocaine): “Was advised Emla would help when having huge tattoo on shoulder/arm, well it was still incredibly sore”

Hugh January 30, 2020

Emla (lidocaine / prilocaine): “It does not make a difference at all when I had 4 injections but for other smaller procedures it would work.”