User Reviews for Lupron Depot-PED

Learn more about Lupron Depot-PED.

Precocious Puberty 14 reviews 15 medications

6.3
Summary of Lupron Depot-PED reviews 14 reviews 6.3

Reviews for Lupron Depot-PED

For Precocious Puberty "I started Lupron when my daughter was 6 going on 7 years due to under arm odor, breast buds, pubic hair and fear of her getting her period at an early age. The treatment did not reverse the budding of the breast or pubic, her pubic hair growth only increased, neither am I certain if it preventing her from getting her period sooner. I am certain that it stunted your growth, which is a common side effect. About 3 months ago her Dr , informed me that though he prescribed this treatment for her CPP and it is covered by the insurance, the insurance almost never covers the growth hormone he mentioned would be needed for her to regain the height she lost, he had never mentioned this before. Beware of issues like this"

cicelyparada (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 22, 2016

For Precocious Puberty "My daughter was diagnosed at 6 years old with Precocious Puberty. Pubic Hair, breast buds, underam hair. We did Lupron Injections until she was twelve. I am happy to say they seemd to work she is now 5'8 and somewhat healthy. She has some issues.. she has been on the line of pre-diabetic for years. She is some what overweight. she is about 208 lbs. She does has facial hair. and she has a thyroid issue and now she has recently been diagnosed lactose intolerance.. extreme lactose intolerance.. she only has 2 enzymes to break down lactose. She also has had to get on birth control to keep her period normal and her periods are very painful. I have to tell myself that what we are dealing with now is minor compared to how she may have developed with out it"

cheeseshelly (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 16, 2016

For Precocious Puberty "I was 7 or 8 when I started this treatment. My bone age at that time was of a 10 year old. Now at 18, I have gained a lot of weight every year after stopping the medication. Although I don't seem like a person that weighs a lot, my BMI is on the higher end of normal. In addition to that, while on the treatment, I had a lot of acne. Apart from that, my periods are extremely irregular. I guess everyone handles medications and treatment differently. However, I would not recommend this drug at all. Firstly, it's extremely expensive if you do not have insurance. Secondly, people are supposed to grow by themselves. This drug has more negative side effects than positive ones."

P.S.777777 (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 8, 2016

For Precocious Puberty "My daughter was prescribed depo lupron when she was about 6 years old. I would never recommend it to any one. She gained alot of weight. Became obese, has a lot of stretch marks, has high cholesterol, high sugar levels, sleep apnea, uses a cpap machine to sleep. She fights with me to binge eat. I am so sad I feel guilty for using this drug. I wish I would have let her get her period she would have only struggled for a little bit with that, than with a life time of health issues. Who cares if they stay shorter, short is beautiful too, and even big is beautiful but this med gives health problems that did exist. I feel like I scarred her for life :("

worried for other little girls July 26, 2015

For Precocious Puberty "My daughter is 7 will be 8 soon and was diagnosed with. Cpp I am on the fence about it have read everything but am still worried"

worried paren (taken for less than 1 month) May 1, 2015

For Precocious Puberty "My 8 yr old daughter had signs of CPP; breast buds, armpit odor, excessive height. After seeing the specialist and getting test the ultrasound said she developed 5 cyst on her ovaries. The hand x-ray said she had a bone age of 10. She started the monthly Lupron shot. She is now 10 and she has no cyst on her ovaries now. Yet her bone age shows 12. Her breast buds are completely gone. She never gained any excess weight. No night sweats. We plan to stop the shot right after her 11th birthday."

Jazzy Mother (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 1, 2012

For Precocious Puberty "I was diagnosed with CPP at the age of 7 and began the course of Lupron shots monthly and would go every six months for check-ups. I did get my period one time when I was 8 years old while still on the shot. I must have started treatment too late because I never reached my full adult height. Now, at the age of 22, I am right under 5 ft. (4'11). It caused a lot of weight gain as well."

Nisha22 January 19, 2012

For Precocious Puberty "My daughter is 7yrs old now but about ago 11 months we (my wife and I) have noticed some abnormal symptoms in my daughter; hips growing, waist, armpits smells. We visited 1 endocrinologist and she recommends use to use Lupron, I hope this works well with no side effects."

DanteGT November 18, 2011

For Precocious Puberty "I was diagnosed with precocious puberty when I was 8 and started getting a lupron shot once a month. It stopped all signs of puberty except the mood swings which often worsened in the week before I got a shot. After 3 years I was taken off the medicine and started puberty normally. I had continued to grow taller throughout that time and am now 5'1", my grandmother and cousin both had precocious puberty as well and neither were treated, they both stopped growing around age nine and neither reached five feet."

Anonymous April 10, 2010

For Precocious Puberty "My daughter was diagnosed with CPP at 2 years old, the pubic hair and breast development disappeared by changing to an all organic diet even before starting the treatment. She still has mood swings and her height has improved with the lupron, but the doctor still can't give me a cause or hope of when we'll stop the vaccine."

Grecia July 4, 2009

For Precocious Puberty "I have extreme mixed feelings about this drug. At the age of 5, I was diagnosed with Precocious Puberty. My endocrinologist suggested I start Lupron, and I did. It did exactly what it was supposed to do.. I quit growing taller, and stopped puberty-like symptoms. One problem- I did not grow taller, but I was still eating. I gained a lot of weight, but the doctors promised that once I quit the shots everything would even out. I quit the shots after 7 years of treatment, and it did not "even out". The weight gain caused Insulin Resistance, which also played with my hormones, and led to Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome."

CiaraMM June 26, 2009

For Precocious Puberty "My daughter than 3 1/2 now 6 1/2 started the Lupron 7.25mg every 3 weeks. She did have a small side effect of hot flashes and eating ups and downs. This medication did take awhile for her blood estogen levels to even out but the medication worked as it should have. We hope to stop the Lupron if all goes well. If not we still have another 5 years or so of the shots."

cvhuntaylor February 23, 2009

For Precocious Puberty "My 8 year old daughter has been diagnosed with precocious puberty. While being proactive about the whole issue of stunted growth and and early menses etc., We (my husband and I) were in the process of setting up an appointment to have her initial injection of the drug, lupron depot-PED and guess what?...she started her first menstrual cycle. We still went ahead with the treatment as planned. We are three treatments into the whole plan and things are going well but there is a side effect that has lingered hot flushes that are still waking her up during the night."

Anonymous August 15, 2008

For Precocious Puberty "As a child I encountered precocious puberty, at the age of 8. My pediatrician then referred me to my endocrinologist. She suggested the vaccine to stop my puberty so I could grow, if not I would end up being shorter than 5 feet. Now I'm 5'1 1/2, if it was not for this vaccine I would not even have reached 5 feet. I am thankful for her, and for my parents that put me through this four-year process of daily injections. It was a long ride, but it was worth it at the end."

Anonymous May 21, 2008