User Reviews for Sprix

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Sprix.

Sprix Rating Summary

8.2/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 1812 medications used in the treatment of Pain.

Reviews for Sprix to treat Pain

"I had major ankle surgery. This was one of the medication I was given. You have to keep it refrigerated, but one opened it can be a room temp. I want you to know my throat hurt so bad after surgery too. I had a nerve block done also so I waited till the next day to use this medication. I read about the burning, but didn't realize it was like someone placing burning coals in you nose. I was like omg omg for about 5 mins. Then all of the sudden no pain, not even my throat was hurting anymore. After about 6 hrs. I did it again, it did hurt, but not as bad a the first time. The only thing was when it was wearing off I got a bad headache. Other than that no problems. For someone in moderate to severe pain I would recommend."

Surgery of left ankle (taken for less than 1 month) December 1, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I was prescribed Sprix for a severe fibromyalgia flare that lasted almost 3 months and nothing my Pain Management Dr. prescribed had helped. I was prescribed Sprix and by the 2nd day I noted a considerable decrease in pain and by the end of day 4 the pain was gone. I finished up the 5 day treatment and 4 days post treatment am still pain free."

Rob-H December 13, 2013

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Before you take Sprix, check out the patient instructional video. It was very helpful on how to take Sprix correctly. The most important thing to remember is that it is a NON-INHALED Nasal Spray Pain Medication. Yes, Non-Inhaled. You must breath through your mouth the whole time and spray mist away from the middle of your nose. I used it for my lower back pain. Felt relief within 40 minutes. Love the medication. Beats going to the Emergency room at 3am in the morning. Just remember to watch the video."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) April 27, 2012

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Was getting severe migraines. Tried aspirin and Motrin. Both didn't work at all. I needed something stronger. My doctor then prescribed Sprix nasal spray. She told me to spray to the outer part of my nostrils and to only breathe through my mouth (do not breathe through nose or sniff otherwise you will feel a burning sensation like others I've read on here). I did exactly on how she instructed and AMAZINGLY the migraine was gone in 5 minutes. And there was no burning sensation at all. I love Sprix. It's now my go to medicine to relieve my migraine."

Anonymous April 26, 2012

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"It is like knives in my nose and throat for about 15 minutes, then it works better than injecting in my thigh. I also take prescription Prilosec and an anti-nausea prescription with it."

Anonymous February 22, 2012

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Was prescribed Sprix for back pain. It worked amazingly! Took the pain away by day two! But it must be taken correctly. Spray to the side away from center of the nose (Septum). And breathe through your mouth. The spray is a mist so you don't need to sniff or snort. If you snort it, it will just go down your throat and won't taste good. If you do this, you won't get the nasal irritation burn and you will feel excellent and pain free!"

Happily Pain Free December 6, 2011

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I was prescribed Sprix for kidney stone pain. The first time I used it burned my nasal passage for about 3 minutes. Just when I thought the horror was over it started to run down the back of my throat and the burn and taste made me gag and nearly vomit. The pain I was experiencing from the kidney stone was pretty severe so the Sprix was not enough to relieve it. "

Anonymous October 25, 2011

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"The inhaler process is very rough on the nose; burning sensation, bad taste, sore throat. But eventually that goes away and you are left with an analgesic good for very mild pain. My doctor prescribed it for occasional severe back pain and it is not working for that."

Anonymous October 20, 2011

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Worked very quickly on relieving menstrual migraine pain. Following the instructions on how to properly use the spray is a must. I didn't the first time and felt a burning sensation that lasted about 3 minutes. The second time, I cleared my nose, looked down, inserted the tip, and angled it away from the center of my nose. That time I didn't feel anything at all."

Anonymous October 13, 2011

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I experienced burning in my nose. Lasted about 5 minutes or so. Not sure if I can stand that again"

Anonymous October 10, 2011

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"It worked very well on the pain, but the severe burning of the nose lasted about 5 minutes until I ran water up and around it."

Anonymous September 13, 2011

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I was prescribed Sprix for pain from endometriosis and it worked really well. First time there was a mild burn in the nose. I talked to the nurse and she said not to sniff (makes burn worse). With the next dose, I did as she instructed and there was no burn. I also had a subsequent headache and it knocked that out within ten minutes."

Anonymous September 7, 2011