User Reviews for Sprix to treat Pain

Sprix Rating Summary

7.8/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 1685 medications used in the treatment of Pain.

Reviews for Sprix

Kdmmom · Taken for less than 1 month May 15, 2019

"I don't know how it works for pain, haven't given it enough time to tell. But you may as well spray acid into your nose/sinuses/throat.... won't use twice."

Tawnie · Taken for less than 1 month May 10, 2019

"I was given this by my neurologist for migraines. I’m also an epileptic so taking any new meds can cause my seizures to be worse. So it’s been sitting in my fridge for 3 weeks. 4 days ago I had a really bad seizure and with it came the horrible migraine. I took my first dose of Sprix and I felt like I had just spayed pepper spray up my nose! Omg!! It was like an instant panic attack from pain! Once the pain in my nose was gone (about 15 min) I noticed my migraine was almost completely gone. I had to talk myself into taking my second dose. But once I made it past the burn my migraine was completely gone, so yes the Sprix works great on migraines, it was amazing!! My issue is how healthy is this if it comes with that much pain.....?"

Lety · Taken for less than 1 month May 3, 2019

"This medicine is the worst thing they have invented for pain , it doesn't work and it burns really bad your nose and it doesn't take the pain away"

Red · Taken for less than 1 month May 2, 2019

"So my first dose was a quite uncomfortable burning sensation. Second dose was less burning 3rd and 4th dose for the day barely any burning at all. This has taken my pain from an 8-10 down to a 1-2 on the pain scale. I've used this medicine to treat my chronic low back pain myofascial pain syndrome chronic sciatica. The doctor has given me this to get me through until I can get to pain management. I'm already seeing fantastic results I might just continue what this medication."

Jess · Taken for 2 to 5 years April 16, 2019

"I hate taking this. I mean hate taking it. It burns your nose, it usually makes me feel sick for a couple of days. But it helps so much with pain, even instantly. I would rather deal with a burning nose and sore throat than my fibromyalgia pain so I am grateful for this medication."

Will55 February 11, 2019

"I was skeptical and apprehensive about using this medicine after my hip replacement surgery, so for the first 13 days I avoided it. I take piroxicam for my cervical spondylosis and as the days went on the pain in my neck became unbearable, yet my hip pain was minimal. I wasn't able to take the piroxicam with the aspirin I was taking as a blood thinner. This resulted in extreme neck pain and migraine headaches that were debilitating. I gave in and took the Sprix for the first time when on day 14 I just couldn't function. The pain in my neck and head was intolerable so I had to do something. I took it and within 20 minutes or less the pain had moderated to a level I could stand. Within an hour it was almost completely gone. I am now a believer. Glad I tried it!"

PainAway · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 4, 2019

"This medicine has helped me tremendously with migraines and fibromyalgia. I am unable to take Maxalt or similar drugs due to a reaction so this has been an absolute lifesaver for me!"

Gert · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 9, 2019

"I have to agree with a few others I also wish this could be used for more days than five. I have fibromyalgia and polio, sprix works great for me I have not experienced burning in my nose or throat as of yet. I do hope they read the reviews so they can see this medication has helped a lot of us! For me I'm glad I gave this a try "

Di · Taken for less than 1 month December 18, 2018

"I have not found that Sprix is very helpful for me. I felt no change in my pain relief. The burning that some have mentioned was not that bad to me. Don't sniff it in. That's not how you are supposed to take it. Make sure to watch the video and it shows exactly how to do it!"

Wes · Taken for less than 1 month December 11, 2018

"I'm 38 and have had occasional headaches most of my life. This is the 1st drug that has been this effective."

Josh · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 28, 2018

"I’ve suffered with migraines for over 10 years. I’ve taken everything and done all kinds of treatment. Including Botox. This nasal spray works within 10 mins. It does burn your nose pretty bad and leaves a horrible taste in your throat. But ..... it’s amazing. My only complaint is once you’ve opened a small bottle you have to dispose in 24hrs. I’ve tried to keep them longer and the medicine just doesn’t work after that time period. I would highly recommend this to anyone with chronic migraines. It had been a life saver"

Angie · Taken for less than 1 month September 2, 2018

"Used this post hip labrum and FAI arthroscopic surgery. Works incredibly well. Never needed to supplement the narcotic pain pills they prescribed. Took Sprix with Tylenol and with ice every hour I was virtually pain free."

Friend in pain · Taken for less than 1 month September 1, 2018

"I had a Superior Hypogastric Plexus Block aka a giant needle guided by x-ray though muscles and spine to numb some nerves for my chronic endometriosis pain. I was given SPRIX to help in my recovery from the injection and it did nothing but make me nauseous. If it helped with the pain I couldn't tell. I think Percocet would do better than this NSAID-SPRIX. Note: I've got a tolerance for strong meds so it takes a lot of anything to help me when I have severe pain. I think it might help others but isn't strong enough for me. My dosage was 15.75mg spray in each nose every 6-8 hours. The burn hurts bad, makes me cry and sometimes makes me sneeze. After 1 day of usage with no relief I'm calling my Dr for something else. FYI: On the other hand this block I get does help my endometriosis pain after the recovery from the injection itself. If you happen to have chronic endo. pain I can recommend this shot."

Jimi · Taken for 6 months to 1 year August 28, 2018

"I’ve had Kidney stones for 25 years. I’m now 42. Having a stone 2-5 times a year really sucks. Only a couple years ago my doctor RX’d me Sprix. Yes, it kind of burns the nose a little and drips down your throat and taste horrible . Chase it with some water. It absolutely takes to pain away in a matter of 5-15 minutes tops. So much better than Dilaudid 4mg. Wish I had this years ago. So much easier than having narcotics."

Avasmom · Taken for less than 1 month August 19, 2018

"I absolutely wish there was a formulation I could take for more than 5 days. If I could take this every day, I could probably go off of my narcotic pain meds. I will agree with many, the taste and burning can be hard but it’s definitely worth it. At least for me."

Dee Dee August 15, 2018

"As most have stated this burns terribly, however I DO NOT CARE! I would take worse pain if its something that will elevate my migraines. I am on a whole host of meds, and I hate medication. I prefer natural means, however nothing worked so here I am. I will do anything to rid myself of these migraines. I have had nerve blocks and a few times gone to the ER for a "migraine cocktail" this medication has replaced that need. When living with a violent migraine for 21 days, I would try anything! Having this on hand eliminates that possibility. This DOES WORK! Just push through the initial nose burn and move on. As stated I do not like medication, I have resigned myself to that not being the case, but I do push my limits. I only use this as a last resort and only after a few days of trying everything else. I hope my rant encourages you to stick through the nose pain. If you do....a clear and quiet mind with NO PAIN, PUKING, LOSS OF VISION, it legit gives you your life back with in a few mins."

Kandikane57 · Taken for less than 1 month July 8, 2018

"Sprix burns my nose HORRIBLY! Even if I don’t inhale it later after I sniff just a little it burns every sinus cavity and makes my eyes water and burn. Then when I finally lay back down it burns my throat for about 30 minutes. It feels like I’m shoving jalapeños up my nose and in my sinus cavities. As for the pain it doesn’t help there either. Maybe this medicine is just not for me."

Pugs · Taken for less than 1 month June 15, 2018

"I am prescribed this for horrible migraines. I am on so many meds, I walk around in a fog and still get migraines. My first dose was a literal game changer. Where has this medication been all my life? It started to make a difference with in 5 to 10 minutes. The initial burn is brutal, but well worth it."

lanie · Taken for less than 1 month April 18, 2018

"I used Sprix today for migraine that’s been going on for about 4 months. I hated it, I tilted my head down and did as it said but still my nose burned so bad. And after that it dripped into my throat which hurt even worse I wanted to cry. This lasted for about 20 minutes and it didn’t even bring me any migraine relief."

Seashell April 12, 2018

"The burning in nose was uncomfortable, but bearable when you need pain relief. I have severe low back pain. After first dose I became very nauseous. After second dose, even more nauseous. It was somewhat effective for my pain. However, about 4 hrs of severe nausea, I began vomiting, too. Not the drug for me."

JS2266 April 12, 2018

"All the meds we tried in the past seemed to literally be borderline ineffective for treatment of pain related to arthritic/skeletal pain. My Dr finally prescribed Sprix as a temp solution (5 day nasal) Yes, that initial nasal fireball will get your attention but after the first dose set in-I was stunned speechless. I had not been told nor sought any information about the med before my first dose...so to say I was overwhelmed would be an understatement. I am on day 2 of the medicine and am already googling if there is any formulation of this med that can be taken daily. My mind can literally not imagine if after day 5 - this relief stops cold turkey. If you are in acute pain and this is a feasible relief option I could not recommend it more highly for relief."

Niffer · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 10, 2018

"Used sprix (toradol nasal spray) and IM. Both extremely effective for my joint/nerve and migraines. Sprix only drawback was how incredibly bad it tasted. Did not get me any kind of high but I did abuse because it took care of my pain. Abuse quickly lead to hearing loss, some but not all temporary. Now I can no longer use any kind of NSAID. I want to stress that it did not make me feel any differently except the absence of pain."

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 3, 2018

"I cannot believe how quickly and effectively Sprix relieves my severe and chronic low back pain. It actually works faster than the opioid medications I was taking and is just as effective. It is a little uncomfortable when I spray it in my nose, but the benefits far outweigh the discomfort."

SRH · Taken for less than 1 month March 30, 2018

"Some pain relief noted. However the extreme burning pain in my nose, the frequent sneezing, the red burning eyes, and the bloody noses made me seek another medication for my post operative pain control."

Sjs · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 15, 2018

"Please read if you are taking Sprix for the first time: It is VERY important that you do NOT inhale like you would with a typical nasal spray. It will burn like CRAZY and is completely unnecessary. Also point the tip in the direction of your outer nostril. If you do this, you should get crazy pain relief. This from someone who's been on 180 max strength percs per month, for quite awhile after my Anterior cervical discectomy and fusion (ACDF) of C-5 C6. Jeff 405 "