User Reviews for Sprix to treat Pain

Sprix Rating Summary

7.3/10 Average Rating

Compare all 1465 medications used in the treatment of Pain.

Reviews for Sprix

Pain Lady · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 25, 2020

“I find Sprix to be helpful for migraine and neck pain. Make sure to read the instructions carefully. Should be sprayed TO THE SIDE of inside the nostril, and not inhaled; breathe through mouth a few minutes, and this reduces the burning. Can use same bottle up to 24 hours; don't put in fridge after using. Can apply every 6 to 8 hours. My doc didn't say whether to do one or both nostrils, so I tried one the first time and it helped. The second migraine episode, headache was worse, so I tried both nostrils, and it helped. I'm a woman, age 58, height 5'5" and weigh 145 lbs.”

Tom · Taken for less than 1 month July 24, 2020

“When you use the nasal spray you have to point the tip to the side of your nose not up still burns for a few seconds but really helped my pain . Reduced it by 50 percent”

Anonymous February 22, 2020

“Awful nasal pain and caused a horrible headache. Nose burned so bad that my eyes watered and nose wouldn’t stop running. Will never use again. Prefer the toradol injection much more over this! Didn’t even touch my joint pain.”

Twizzt · Taken for less than 1 month January 19, 2020

“Burns my sinuses and gives me a wicked headache. Didn't even full my pain”

Not my real name · Taken for less than 1 month January 1, 2020

“I was prescribed this for post sub muscular ulnar nerve transposition. I was so annoyed I was prescribed this. I didn't get it till a week out and the first time I used it and it did nothing. Nothing more than stinging in my sinuses. I gave it another shot my back was acting up so I decided to try it. I used it as directed and it did nothing but make my nose run profusely. I started noticing an absolute monstrosity of sinus headache which has me in agony. This is billed as Toradol for post op pain. It didn't even take away mild arthritis pain, or hardware pain. This is the *new* alternative? It sucks, and it is in the trash for me at least. It was NOT worth all I went through to get it.”

Anonymous November 20, 2019

“WHY is the pharmacy that dispenses this drug so hard to deal with? Always super long hold times & ignorant people who I can barely understand on the phone. I don't have the medicine yet because after WEEKS of trying to get through, they told me my insurance needs prior authorization. So annoyed.”

Kitchen fairy · Taken for less than 1 month November 9, 2019

“I was prescribed this medication by my pain management doctor. Unfortunately the doctor didn't tell me how much to use so I called my pharmacist and asked him. He said 1 spray per nostril, which is what I did. No pain relief. I did more research this morning & found that the dosage is weight based. Over 50kg means that I need 2 sprays per nostril. Yes it does burn, but not for very long. I'd read all of the prescribing information that came with the medication so I knew about the nose burn, which will go away after time. I've been dealing with migraine pain, especially after having lidocaine shots over my eyebrows. This knocked down the migraine pain to tolerable. Unfortunately I can't find out how long this drug will stop my pain after I stop using it. I'm guessing that it must last for a while or the dosage would be higher. Unfortunately I started on a Friday night so I'll have to wait until Monday to call the company to get answers for my questions.”

AZgal · Taken for 6 months to 1 year September 20, 2019

“I was prescribed this for chronic intractable migraine. I’ve tried triptans, Botox, Aimovig, and nerve blocks. Sprix will relieve my pain within one hour—I’ve gone from not working and being laid up, to working 30-hrs per week. It’s been life-changing. You do have to follow the directions closely or you will have extreme burning in your nose and throat. Once you get the hang of it using is much easier. ”

Louella · Taken for less than 1 month September 7, 2019

“I suffer from severe chronic migraines that come with a variety of symptoms outside of pain. They're new to me, and so far I've found that I only have a very small window to take an oral abortive medication before they become ineffective and I'm left to wait out the migraine which becomes hard being a music student and always surrounded by sound and light. Being in college, I can't always get to my neurologist's office for injections either, which is when I was prescribed Sprix. After a week-long migraine, Sprix managed to cut my pain from a 7-8 range down to a 2-3 in only about ten minutes. It's difficult to administer at first, you have to angle the bottle right and hold your breath and make sure not to inhale it after for the next few minutes, but the discomfort is will worth the pain relief and so far minimal side effects. The second dose was easier than the first, and so far has helped just as much, and so far my other symptoms have been relieved along with the pain!”

Saju August 28, 2019

“It burns so bad your nose. I can’t not take”

Molly · Taken for less than 1 month August 19, 2019

“I have severe endometriosis pain and didn’t want to be on birth control. I also tried Orillisa and with that I traded one pain for another with extreme migraines. I had basically given up at that point until my doc told me to try Sprix. I was still skeptical but I said what do I have to loose so on my second day of extreme endo pain I tried it and when I tell u my pain was 95% gone ! I couldn’t believe it I'm still in shock this medication is something I cannot live without now I'm so happy”

Old guy · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 12, 2019

“I started using it for my sciatica pain and it helps tremendously!! If it’s burning your nose off , reread the directions and try again. I’m grateful to have it.”

MiloJane · Taken for 2 to 5 years July 23, 2019

“I suffer from severe chronic daily (every single day!) migraines as well as Trigeminal Neuralgia types 1 & 2. Trigeminal Neuralgia is considered to be the worst possible pain a human can experience, is nicknamed “the suicide disease”, and is extremely difficult to manage. I am beyond grateful for this medication! It helps manage both conditions incredibly well. Someone here complained that it was like pouring acid up your nose and down your throat. They aren’t using it properly. It takes a while to get the hang of it (you have to to you head forward and DO NOT inhale!). The only negative is it can only be used sparingly, as an “emergency” medication for your worst days, because the most you can get is 5 vials per month. But I would be in an awful place without this. It makes me stop screaming out (truly) in Trigeminal pain. I dulls my worst migraines. You just learn to choose your battles. It is strong, effective medication for severe and exquisite pain. I highly recommend it.”

Kdmmom · Taken for less than 1 month May 15, 2019

“I don't know how it works for pain, haven't given it enough time to tell. But you may as well spray acid into your nose/sinuses/throat.... won't use twice.”

Tawnie · Taken for less than 1 month May 10, 2019

“I was given this by my neurologist for migraines. I’m also an epileptic so taking any new meds can cause my seizures to be worse. So it’s been sitting in my fridge for 3 weeks. 4 days ago I had a really bad seizure and with it came the horrible migraine. I took my first dose of Sprix and I felt like I had just spayed pepper spray up my nose! Omg!! It was like an instant panic attack from pain! Once the pain in my nose was gone (about 15 min) I noticed my migraine was almost completely gone. I had to talk myself into taking my second dose. But once I made it past the burn my migraine was completely gone, so yes the Sprix works great on migraines, it was amazing!! My issue is how healthy is this if it comes with that much pain.....?”

Lety · Taken for less than 1 month May 3, 2019

“This medicine is the worst thing they have invented for pain , it doesn't work and it burns really bad your nose and it doesn't take the pain away”

Red · Taken for less than 1 month May 2, 2019

“So my first dose was a quite uncomfortable burning sensation. Second dose was less burning 3rd and 4th dose for the day barely any burning at all. This has taken my pain from an 8-10 down to a 1-2 on the pain scale. I've used this medicine to treat my chronic low back pain myofascial pain syndrome chronic sciatica. The doctor has given me this to get me through until I can get to pain management. I'm already seeing fantastic results I might just continue what this medication.”

Jess · Taken for 2 to 5 years April 16, 2019

“I hate taking this. I mean hate taking it. It burns your nose, it usually makes me feel sick for a couple of days. But it helps so much with pain, even instantly. I would rather deal with a burning nose and sore throat than my fibromyalgia pain so I am grateful for this medication.”

Will55 February 11, 2019

“I was skeptical and apprehensive about using this medicine after my hip replacement surgery, so for the first 13 days I avoided it. I take piroxicam for my cervical spondylosis and as the days went on the pain in my neck became unbearable, yet my hip pain was minimal. I wasn't able to take the piroxicam with the aspirin I was taking as a blood thinner. This resulted in extreme neck pain and migraine headaches that were debilitating. I gave in and took the Sprix for the first time when on day 14 I just couldn't function. The pain in my neck and head was intolerable so I had to do something. I took it and within 20 minutes or less the pain had moderated to a level I could stand. Within an hour it was almost completely gone. I am now a believer. Glad I tried it!”

PainAway · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 4, 2019

“This medicine has helped me tremendously with migraines and fibromyalgia. I am unable to take Maxalt or similar drugs due to a reaction so this has been an absolute lifesaver for me!”

Gert · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 9, 2019

“I have to agree with a few others I also wish this could be used for more days than five. I have fibromyalgia and polio, sprix works great for me I have not experienced burning in my nose or throat as of yet. I do hope they read the reviews so they can see this medication has helped a lot of us! For me I'm glad I gave this a try ”

Di · Taken for less than 1 month December 18, 2018

“I have not found that Sprix is very helpful for me. I felt no change in my pain relief. The burning that some have mentioned was not that bad to me. Don't sniff it in. That's not how you are supposed to take it. Make sure to watch the video and it shows exactly how to do it!”

Wes · Taken for less than 1 month December 11, 2018

“I'm 38 and have had occasional headaches most of my life. This is the 1st drug that has been this effective.”

Josh · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 28, 2018

“I’ve suffered with migraines for over 10 years. I’ve taken everything and done all kinds of treatment. Including Botox. This nasal spray works within 10 mins. It does burn your nose pretty bad and leaves a horrible taste in your throat. But ..... it’s amazing. My only complaint is once you’ve opened a small bottle you have to dispose in 24hrs. I’ve tried to keep them longer and the medicine just doesn’t work after that time period. I would highly recommend this to anyone with chronic migraines. It had been a life saver”

Angie · Taken for less than 1 month September 2, 2018

“Used this post hip labrum and FAI arthroscopic surgery. Works incredibly well. Never needed to supplement the narcotic pain pills they prescribed. Took Sprix with Tylenol and with ice every hour I was virtually pain free.”