User Reviews for Sprix

Pain
7.5

Summary of Sprix reviews 7.5 28 reviews

Reviews for Sprix

For Pain "Used this post hip labrum and FAI arthroscopic surgery. Works incredibly well. Never needed to supplement the narcotic pain pills they prescribed. Took Sprix with Tylenol and with ice every hour I was virtually pain free."

Angie (taken for less than 1 month) September 2, 2018

For Pain "I had a Superior Hypogastric Plexus Block aka a giant needle guided by x-ray though muscles and spine to numb some nerves for my chronic endometriosis pain. I was given SPRIX to help in my recovery from the injection and it did nothing but make me nauseous. If it helped with the pain I couldn't tell. I think Percocet would do better than this NSAID-SPRIX. Note: I've got a tolerance for strong meds so it takes a lot of anything to help me when I have severe pain. I think it might help others but isn't strong enough for me. My dosage was 15.75mg spray in each nose every 6-8 hours. The burn hurts bad, makes me cry and sometimes makes me sneeze. After 1 day of usage with no relief I'm calling my Dr for something else. FYI: On the other hand this block I get does help my endometriosis pain after the recovery from the injection itself. If you happen to have chronic endo. pain I can recommend this shot."

Friend in pain (taken for less than 1 month) September 1, 2018

For Pain "I’ve had Kidney stones for 25 years. I’m now 42. Having a stone 2-5 times a year really sucks. Only a couple years ago my doctor RX’d me Sprix. Yes, it kind of burns the nose a little and drips down your throat and taste horrible . Chase it with some water. It absolutely takes to pain away in a matter of 5-15 minutes tops. So much better than Dilaudid 4mg. Wish I had this years ago. So much easier than having narcotics."

Jimi (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 28, 2018

For Pain "I absolutely wish there was a formulation I could take for more than 5 days. If I could take this every day, I could probably go off of my narcotic pain meds. I will agree with many, the taste and burning can be hard but it’s definitely worth it. At least for me."

Avasmom (taken for less than 1 month) August 19, 2018

For Pain "As most have stated this burns terribly, however I DO NOT CARE! I would take worse pain if its something that will elevate my migraines. I am on a whole host of meds, and I hate medication. I prefer natural means, however nothing worked so here I am. I will do anything to rid myself of these migraines. I have had nerve blocks and a few times gone to the ER for a "migraine cocktail" this medication has replaced that need. When living with a violent migraine for 21 days, I would try anything! Having this on hand eliminates that possibility. This DOES WORK! Just push through the initial nose burn and move on. As stated I do not like medication, I have resigned myself to that not being the case, but I do push my limits. I only use this as a last resort and only after a few days of trying everything else. I hope my rant encourages you to stick through the nose pain. If you do....a clear and quiet mind with NO PAIN, PUKING, LOSS OF VISION, it legit gives you your life back with in a few mins."

Dee Dee August 15, 2018

For Pain "Sprix burns my nose HORRIBLY! Even if I don’t inhale it later after I sniff just a little it burns every sinus cavity and makes my eyes water and burn. Then when I finally lay back down it burns my throat for about 30 minutes. It feels like I’m shoving jalapeños up my nose and in my sinus cavities. As for the pain it doesn’t help there either. Maybe this medicine is just not for me."

Kandikane57 (taken for less than 1 month) July 8, 2018

For Pain "I am prescribed this for horrible migraines. I am on so many meds, I walk around in a fog and still get migraines. My first dose was a literal game changer. Where has this medication been all my life? It started to make a difference with in 5 to 10 minutes. The initial burn is brutal, but well worth it."

Pugs (taken for less than 1 month) June 15, 2018

For Pain "I used Sprix today for migraine that’s been going on for about 4 months. I hated it, I tilted my head down and did as it said but still my nose burned so bad. And after that it dripped into my throat which hurt even worse I wanted to cry. This lasted for about 20 minutes and it didn’t even bring me any migraine relief."

lanie (taken for less than 1 month) April 18, 2018

For Pain "The burning in nose was uncomfortable, but bearable when you need pain relief. I have severe low back pain. After first dose I became very nauseous. After second dose, even more nauseous. It was somewhat effective for my pain. However, about 4 hrs of severe nausea, I began vomiting, too. Not the drug for me."

Seashell April 12, 2018

For Pain "All the meds we tried in the past seemed to literally be borderline ineffective for treatment of pain related to arthritic/skeletal pain. My Dr finally prescribed Sprix as a temp solution (5 day nasal) Yes, that initial nasal fireball will get your attention but after the first dose set in-I was stunned speechless. I had not been told nor sought any information about the med before my first dose...so to say I was overwhelmed would be an understatement. I am on day 2 of the medicine and am already googling if there is any formulation of this med that can be taken daily. My mind can literally not imagine if after day 5 - this relief stops cold turkey. If you are in acute pain and this is a feasible relief option I could not recommend it more highly for relief."

JS2266 April 12, 2018

For Pain "Used sprix (toradol nasal spray) and IM. Both extremely effective for my joint/nerve and migraines. Sprix only drawback was how incredibly bad it tasted. Did not get me any kind of high but I did abuse because it took care of my pain. Abuse quickly lead to hearing loss, some but not all temporary. Now I can no longer use any kind of NSAID. I want to stress that it did not make me feel any differently except the absence of pain."

Niffer (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 10, 2018

For Pain "I cannot believe how quickly and effectively Sprix relieves my severe and chronic low back pain. It actually works faster than the opioid medications I was taking and is just as effective. It is a little uncomfortable when I spray it in my nose, but the benefits far outweigh the discomfort."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 3, 2018

For Pain "Some pain relief noted. However the extreme burning pain in my nose, the frequent sneezing, the red burning eyes, and the bloody noses made me seek another medication for my post operative pain control."

SRH (taken for less than 1 month) March 30, 2018

For Pain "Please read if you are taking Sprix for the first time: It is VERY important that you do NOT inhale like you would with a typical nasal spray. It will burn like CRAZY and is completely unnecessary. Also point the tip in the direction of your outer nostril. If you do this, you should get crazy pain relief. This from someone who's been on 180 max strength percs per month, for quite awhile after my Anterior cervical discectomy and fusion (ACDF) of C-5 C6. Jeff 405 "

Sjs (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 15, 2018

For Pain "I like this stuff. Tastes terrible (I have a post nasal drip so a bit goes down that way). This works for me though. Pain just goes away"

Ej (taken for less than 1 month) February 25, 2018

For Pain "This medication worked so well that I can tolerate the horrid burning of my nose that seemed to penetrate all through my head and into my ears. It is awful but does not compare to the pain of a migraine headache. I was completely shocked by the results, I can actually go about my life as opposed to confined to my bed and dark room, dry heaving from the pain and light and smell sensitivity. Trust me 5 minutes of burning brain is welcomed to the results of this medication."

LisaB8814 December 25, 2017

For Pain "I had major ankle surgery. This was one of the medication I was given. You have to keep it refrigerated, but one opened it can be a room temp. I want you to know my throat hurt so bad after surgery too. I had a nerve block done also so I waited till the next day to use this medication. I read about the burning, but didn't realize it was like someone placing burning coals in you nose. I was like omg omg for about 5 mins. Then all of the sudden no pain, not even my throat was hurting anymore. After about 6 hrs. I did it again, it did hurt, but not as bad a the first time. The only thing was when it was wearing off I got a bad headache. Other than that no problems. For someone in moderate to severe pain I would recommend."

Surgery of left ankle (taken for less than 1 month) December 1, 2017

For Pain "I was prescribed Sprix for a severe fibromyalgia flare that lasted almost 3 months and nothing my Pain Management Dr. prescribed had helped. I was prescribed Sprix and by the 2nd day I noted a considerable decrease in pain and by the end of day 4 the pain was gone. I finished up the 5 day treatment and 4 days post treatment am still pain free."

Rob-H December 13, 2013

For Pain "Before you take Sprix, check out the patient instructional video. It was very helpful on how to take Sprix correctly. The most important thing to remember is that it is a NON-INHALED Nasal Spray Pain Medication. Yes, Non-Inhaled. You must breath through your mouth the whole time and spray mist away from the middle of your nose. I used it for my lower back pain. Felt relief within 40 minutes. Love the medication. Beats going to the Emergency room at 3am in the morning. Just remember to watch the video."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) April 27, 2012

For Pain "Was getting severe migraines. Tried aspirin and Motrin. Both didn't work at all. I needed something stronger. My doctor then prescribed Sprix nasal spray. She told me to spray to the outer part of my nostrils and to only breathe through my mouth (do not breathe through nose or sniff otherwise you will feel a burning sensation like others I've read on here). I did exactly on how she instructed and AMAZINGLY the migraine was gone in 5 minutes. And there was no burning sensation at all. I love Sprix. It's now my go to medicine to relieve my migraine."

Anonymous April 26, 2012

For Pain "It is like knives in my nose and throat for about 15 minutes, then it works better than injecting in my thigh. I also take prescription Prilosec and an anti-nausea prescription with it."

Anonymous February 22, 2012

For Pain "Was prescribed Sprix for back pain. It worked amazingly! Took the pain away by day two! But it must be taken correctly. Spray to the side away from center of the nose (Septum). And breathe through your mouth. The spray is a mist so you don't need to sniff or snort. If you snort it, it will just go down your throat and won't taste good. If you do this, you won't get the nasal irritation burn and you will feel excellent and pain free!"

Happily Pain Free December 6, 2011

For Pain "I was prescribed Sprix for kidney stone pain. The first time I used it burned my nasal passage for about 3 minutes. Just when I thought the horror was over it started to run down the back of my throat and the burn and taste made me gag and nearly vomit. The pain I was experiencing from the kidney stone was pretty severe so the Sprix was not enough to relieve it. "

Anonymous October 25, 2011

For Pain "The inhaler process is very rough on the nose; burning sensation, bad taste, sore throat. But eventually that goes away and you are left with an analgesic good for very mild pain. My doctor prescribed it for occasional severe back pain and it is not working for that."

Anonymous October 20, 2011

For Pain "Worked very quickly on relieving menstrual migraine pain. Following the instructions on how to properly use the spray is a must. I didn't the first time and felt a burning sensation that lasted about 3 minutes. The second time, I cleared my nose, looked down, inserted the tip, and angled it away from the center of my nose. That time I didn't feel anything at all."

Anonymous October 13, 2011