User Reviews for Ketorolac to treat Pain

Also known as: Sprix

Ketorolac Rating Summary

6.9/10 Average Rating

Compare all 1454 medications used in the treatment of Pain.

Reviews for Ketorolac

Tom · Taken for less than 1 month July 24, 2020

Sprix (ketorolac): “When you use the nasal spray you have to point the tip to the side of your nose not up still burns for a few seconds but really helped my pain . Reduced it by 50 percent”

Stoney May 11, 2020

Toradol IV/IM (ketorolac): “Had a kidney stone last night. In severe pain I went to a local ER. They gave me Toradol IV with absolutely zero pain relief. Later on Morphine did the trick.”

pandabear · Taken for less than 1 month March 16, 2020

Toradol (ketorolac): “I have a severe case of mono and my tonsils swelled up to the point of not being able to swallow, talk and could barely breathe. was in 9/10 pain and swallowing felt like swallowing knives which is very unbearable. I was given steroids and toradol shot to reduce swelling and for pain. The injection itself was very uncomfortable but within 15 mins I was able to move and open my mouth and it took away my my pain to where I was finally able to swallow solid foods!! I'd say it lasted about 6 hours. It did make me a little drowsy which was nice bc U hadn’t been able to sleep. My arm is still very sore from the injection but was so worth it!!”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month March 9, 2020

Toradol (ketorolac): “I’m a recovering addict (8 years clean) So I can’t risk taking opioids. Thought that I tore ligaments behind my knee, was in constant pain for 3 days before finally I couldn’t take it and went to the VA hospital ER. Turned out I had a massive blood clot and was immediately given a shot of Toradol in my ass cheek for the pain. About 20 minutes later in the blink of an eye my pain vanished. Just gone, for about 12 hours. Something morphine and oxy failed to do after earning 2 Purple Hearts.”

Dee · Taken for less than 1 month March 8, 2020

Toradol (ketorolac): “I fractured my L1 vertebrae and got a Toradol injection at the urgent care - the doctor then gave me a three day supply of pills of Toradol 10 mg three times a day - it really did nothing to relieve my pain. I’m going to the orthopedic spine doctor tomorrow and hopefully he can prescribe something that will relieve the pain until the fracture heals”

Anonymous February 22, 2020

Sprix (ketorolac): “Awful nasal pain and caused a horrible headache. Nose burned so bad that my eyes watered and nose wouldn’t stop running. Will never use again. Prefer the toradol injection much more over this! Didn’t even touch my joint pain.”

Joy · Taken for less than 1 month February 21, 2020

Toradol (ketorolac): “No pain relief with Toradol at all for sciatica back, hip, groin and leg pain. Absolutely NONE,”

Linuxwerx · Taken for 1 to 2 years February 14, 2020

“I have frequent and relatively small (5mm) oxalate kidney stones. Despite their small size they produce incredible pain and cramping as they travel down the Ureter. The IV Toradol (ketorolac) that they give me in the ER has never failed to completely eliminate the pain for up to 12 hours. If they could prescribe it in the IV form for home use I would gladly use it until the stone passes. I've also received Toradol (ketorolac) for an episode of Pleurisy. The results were the same. It completely eliminated the pain.”

Kaiser Oregon · Taken for less than 1 month February 11, 2020

Toradol (ketorolac): “Went to pick up a large garbage bag full of glass bottles. The bag was probably around 50-60 lbs and I carried it with one hand while I maneuvered around my house with it. Walk to my car and up my stairs and boom!! Back gave out. Worst pain I have felt since fracturing my hand. Did the traditional icing, laying down and taking some leftover opioids so that I can walk to bathroom and kitchen. 3 days no change, back still slanted from the hip to the chest so I decided to go to urgent care. They gave me the shot of toradol and my pain when from 10 while standing/walking to a 3. Combined that with muscle relaxer my pain level is 1 right now because of random nerves shooting. I recommend to get this shot. I’m a 27 year old male”

Dave · Taken for less than 1 month January 24, 2020

“I got this medication to help with my jaw and shooting teeth nerve pains as my doctor stopped prescribing T3s for the pain. I'd say my teeth pain level were at a 2/10 when on T3s and now using ketorolac pain is a 9/10. Doesn't do anything for severe nerve teeth pain. Plus I've read about people bleeding on the inside cuz of this drug which is sketchy as anything. I'll stick with my t3s thank you very much.”

Cookie · Taken for less than 1 month January 22, 2020

Toradol (ketorolac): “This medicine helps me tremendously with my lower back pain. It is given to me through a shot form. Although it makes me sleepy I would say it takes away my pain about 80%. Highly effective for me.”

Twizzt · Taken for less than 1 month January 19, 2020

Sprix (ketorolac): “Burns my sinuses and gives me a wicked headache. Didn't even full my pain”

C16 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year January 19, 2020

Toradol (ketorolac): “I have had 4 Torodal injections over the course of 10 months, the first 3 were for sciatica and the 4th one was for a ligament tear in my knee. The first 3 did wonders for me with no pain at the injection site and almost instant pain relief. However this last time was awful, the injection site burned so bad for around 2 hours, it took 4 hours to work and then I had terrible back pain for the next two days. It's definitely a hit or miss medication.”

Marie · Taken for less than 1 month January 16, 2020

Toradol (ketorolac): “dr gave me a toradol shot before a (medically necessary) 16w3d dilation and evacuation (D&E) to relieve pain during the procedure. 1- it stung for about 30 minutes, about the pain/intensity of a severe chemical burn. 2- it DID NOT provide any pain relief, I had to reschedule and return for a week later so they could figure out a safe way to sedate me with my previous bad reactions to sedatives. 3- the injection site still hurts, over a week after. It’s tender, sore all the time... I can’t lay on my left side (which is how I have slept for 20 years), It feels like there’s a bit of a lump at the site, and it hurts more when I walk because my muscles move. The pain from the D&E is already gone, and it’s only been 1 day with no pain meds whatsoever, not even a Tylenol or ibuprofen. But over a week after the injection and it still hurts excessively.”

Kidney Stone · Taken for less than 1 month January 3, 2020

Toradol (ketorolac): “I frequently suffer from Kidney Stones that ultimately pass. Christmas Eve I was hit with the worse back pain ever and my urine output was bright red blood. I was at the E.R within 30 minutes. I went through triage and they immediately gave me a shot of Toradol. Within 10 minutes the pain reduced to a very manageable “2.” A CAT-scan confirmed a 17.8 x 12.2 triangular stone that no way would pass. It was stuck at the urethra junction reducing my flow. No Urologist was available so they gave me another shot and sent me home with a prescription for five days. I reached a Urologist the day after Christmas and was immediately scheduled for surgery. Toradol kept me sane and able to focus for the three days. I dislike Opiates and would never accept Fentanyl or Morphine (which have both been offered in the past.)”

Not my real name · Taken for less than 1 month January 1, 2020

Sprix (ketorolac): “I was prescribed this for post sub muscular ulnar nerve transposition. I was so annoyed I was prescribed this. I didn't get it till a week out and the first time I used it and it did nothing. Nothing more than stinging in my sinuses. I gave it another shot my back was acting up so I decided to try it. I used it as directed and it did nothing but make my nose run profusely. I started noticing an absolute monstrosity of sinus headache which has me in agony. This is billed as Toradol for post op pain. It didn't even take away mild arthritis pain, or hardware pain. This is the *new* alternative? It sucks, and it is in the trash for me at least. It was NOT worth all I went through to get it.”

Sam · Taken for less than 1 month December 30, 2019

Toradol (ketorolac): “I was given Toradol when I had a severe kidney stone attack. It worked immediately, as well as a morphine injection had worked for an earlier kidney stone. I never go out of town without packing my Toradol. Reading these reviews indicates it doesn't work for everyone, but it was a God-send for me.”

HBearyK0610 · Taken for less than 1 month December 25, 2019

“OK. I was given toradol yesterday to use for a rescue medication when I have migraines. Yesterday was a nightmare as it was my first botox treatment and I took one of my toradol and my afternoon meds which I had to postpone for about a hour due to when I had to be at the neurologist. There is no recorded interaction between the two but I'm taking a pain pill and I'm getting worse? I was functional for a few hours this morning and then it showed back up. Repeat pattern and again my migraines were worse when I woke up! I had to break the no other nsaid rule and take 2 Excedrin to go along with it as I am that desperate. Take it with food? If I'm reaching for my rescue meds, 9 times out of 10 food ain't gonna be possible. Am I missing something that they didn't tell me about this medication?”

JB · Taken for less than 1 month December 2, 2019

Toradol (ketorolac): “Went to urgent care with a migraine for the 3rd day. Got Toradol shot and its been 3 hours with NO relief.”

Tom · Taken for less than 1 month December 1, 2019

“I received a shot into the muscles of my mid back. Now there is a cord like lump along the injection site and it Is extremely painful. I’ve had the pain now for 5 days and counting. I will not get another injection of the medication again.”

Anonymous November 20, 2019

Sprix (ketorolac): “WHY is the pharmacy that dispenses this drug so hard to deal with? Always super long hold times & ignorant people who I can barely understand on the phone. I don't have the medicine yet because after WEEKS of trying to get through, they told me my insurance needs prior authorization. So annoyed.”

Headache November 14, 2019

Toradol (ketorolac): “I constantly surprise medical staff when I tell them what drug always works. I start to tell them, wait for the eye roll as they expect me to name some narcotic or opioid. Nope, Toradol. Headaches so bad I am literally throwing up, wearing sunglasses into the dr office and walk out smiling and pain free. Amazing medicine!”

Kitchen fairy · Taken for less than 1 month November 9, 2019

Sprix (ketorolac): “I was prescribed this medication by my pain management doctor. Unfortunately the doctor didn't tell me how much to use so I called my pharmacist and asked him. He said 1 spray per nostril, which is what I did. No pain relief. I did more research this morning & found that the dosage is weight based. Over 50kg means that I need 2 sprays per nostril. Yes it does burn, but not for very long. I'd read all of the prescribing information that came with the medication so I knew about the nose burn, which will go away after time. I've been dealing with migraine pain, especially after having lidocaine shots over my eyebrows. This knocked down the migraine pain to tolerable. Unfortunately I can't find out how long this drug will stop my pain after I stop using it. I'm guessing that it must last for a while or the dosage would be higher. Unfortunately I started on a Friday night so I'll have to wait until Monday to call the company to get answers for my questions.”

Mustang · Taken for less than 1 month November 9, 2019

Toradol (ketorolac): “Today I got a toradol shot in my hip for my arthritis and Now the pain is 10 times worse it’s shooting down my leg and when she gave me the shot almost 10 mins later I passed out and my blood pressure dropped super low then the doctor let me drive home....?!”

oxide · Taken for less than 1 month October 15, 2019

“This drug acted no better than a sugar pill for my sciatica.”