User Reviews for Ketorolac

Also known as: Sprix, Toradol, Toradol IM, Toradol IV/IM

Learn more about Ketorolac.

Ketorolac Rating Summary

7.3/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 1875 medications used in the treatment of Pain.

Reviews for Ketorolac to treat Pain

Toradol (ketorolac): "I was suffering from a somewhat severe case of costochondritis. Felt like a heart attack sometimes. Went to the emergency room and an IV injection of toradol was administered to me. Felt a buzz coming on. More pronounced than the saline solution injected into me. Other than that the pain was mostly gone within a few hours after I got discharged."

GethPrime (taken for less than 1 month) January 15, 2017

Toradol (ketorolac): "I have a long history with kidney stones and have been on every pain killer there is. Toradol is the only medicine that takes the pain away!"

Karen Ace (taken for 10 years or more) January 11, 2017

Toradol (ketorolac): "I receive Toradol in the ER for migraines when nothing else gets them under control. It is the absolute best treatment when needed."

MigraineTD (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 7, 2017

Toradol (ketorolac): "I have been suffering from Tonsillitis for 5 days, my tonsils were extremely swollen and full of pus. I could not swallow without excruciating pain. I went to my primary care doctor and got a dose of Toradol. Along w/ IV fluids, antibiotics and steroids. Within 45 mins my throat was about 60% less painful. By the end of the day I could swallow completely without any pain. I'm sure both the IV and Toradol played parts in this, but I believe the Toradol was the extra punch I needed."

Oneofeach (taken for less than 1 month) December 26, 2016

Toradol (ketorolac): "I have about 8-10 migraines a month that leave me hugging the toilet, and/or hiding in the dark closet with a pile of blankets. Today was the first time they tried anything other than Excedrin Migraine. Toradol! A shot :-\...Oh my, for the first time since 2008 I don't have pain in my back and neck. She said it would not make me tired but I just spent a nice 4 hr nap in zero pain. Yes, the injection had a mild heat like pain for a few minutes. But to feel like this is pretty much awesome!"

Mermaid Mama (taken for less than 1 month) December 14, 2016

Toradol (ketorolac): "I went to Urgent Care for what turned out to be a kidney stone. I was in severe pain and they finally (after begging) gave me Toradol in my IV. It took quite awhile to just take the edge off. It lasted about 3 hours. When I left, they gave me another pain killer that nicely did the trick!"

Cathy13033 November 24, 2016

Toradol (ketorolac): "Take the shot once a month for knee pain. It helps a lot and I could feel the difference in just hours."

OSCAR 78 November 10, 2016

Toradol (ketorolac): "I suffer from chronic migraines and every dr wants to give toradol shots to stop them. Toradol is not FDA approved as a treatment for migraines. It does not work."

Jennings1213 (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 4, 2016

Toradol (ketorolac): "I have had severe debilitating migraines and chiari headaches for over 30 years. Nothing worked...until the miracle of Torodal. I am finally a NORMAL human being!!!!"

Chiarian (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 1, 2016

Toradol (ketorolac): "Was given an im injection in the buttocks for migraines and it was completely ineffective. The pain that the injection caused was infuriating considering there was absolutely no relief of the headache."

Collegemigraine (taken for less than 1 month) October 28, 2016

Toradol (ketorolac): "I was in the middle of passing a kidney stone. I was admitted to the ER with severe pain in right side, tremors, cold sweats, nausea, vomiting, feeling of full bladder and need to urinate but inability to urinate. I was given IV toradol and the pain subsided within a minute. I was even able to get some shut eye on and off for maybe an hour. Of the IV drugs I have received, this one had me the most clear headed, functional, aware. It staved off the pain for about 3-4 hours, after which I asked for another injection before being released from the ER, as the pain was returning with the nausea. NOTE: I have been having severe (2 or 3 at rest, 7-9 in wrong position) right leg pain for a few months. Toradol ineffective. Nerve pain?"

JCDS (taken for less than 1 month) October 21, 2016

"Injected 60mgs for lower back pain.they said it would kick in a half an hour.three hours later it has done nothing,probably made the pain worst."

Wolfhounds (taken for less than 1 month) October 13, 2016

Toradol (ketorolac): "Have been suffering with a severe throats infection for 3 nights now. Been on antibiotics, aspirin and ibuprofen. Saw a Dr today and was given this injection of Tiraspol. Have been pain free for hours and able to finally eat something. I don't typically take any drugs but this one I am glad I did!!"

CynthiaBerto October 11, 2016

"I suffer from severe head aches whether they are sinus head aches cluster head or aches migrane headaches... I have no idea that's what 3 different doctors told me.. It was so bad one morning I had to go to the Er they have me a ib profein iv which made the pain go away at about 50%. When they discharged me he prescribed me ketorolac..complete junk! Advil liquid gels worked better than this crap!"

SammG October 3, 2016

"My doctor prescribed me this for pain and it doesnt work. Is 5 in the morning and cant sleep with the pain after taking them pills."

Anonymous September 27, 2016

"I was prescribed this med for kidney stone pain and it worked great. Within 30 minutes of taking it I had near total relief after 12 hours of excruciating pain. It actually worked more than the IV pain medication I was given in-hospital. So far no unpleasant side effects either, though I took it with a good meal as suggested."

AsgJess September 18, 2016

Toradol (ketorolac): "After ending up in the ER with the worst migraine I've ever had, the doctor gave me 3 different meds, all through an IV. None of them made a difference. He then gave me Toradol. It took the edge off right away, and after about 10 minutes my migraine was gone. I have taken it ever since. It's the only thing I have found that helps. I wish it worked for everyone as well as it works for me."

AdamApril4GD September 13, 2016

Toradol (ketorolac): "I suffer from chronic migraines. More than 15 days a month of constant pain where more than 4 days are full on migraines. .Toradol is one of the drugs in a cocktail I take through IV all at once. Combined with the other drugs it is amazing..alone Toradol, even if I wait the 1 hour, has not successfully reduced my migraines."

Migraine1506 August 10, 2016

Toradol (ketorolac): "I have had migraine for 5 days ----- they gave me Toradol injection --- it's been 2 hours and I do not feel any better. ...why is that?"

Wendy D July 20, 2016

Toradol (ketorolac): "I received this injection last night at VA hospital in Philadelphia. I just couldn't deal with peripheral neuropathy pain anymore. I hate narcotic medicine. So this was a great alternative it took a lot of pain away, I still feel light tingles but nowhere near what is was feeling prior. I have MRI done to see where my nerve is trapped. I hope it's something I can resolve permanately, My girlfriend ask to describe pain, I told her basically it's a never ending root canal, and she immediately felt horrible for me. I urge people who have this don't delay treatment it jus gets unbearable, but this shot does work decently. However, it won't last more than couple days so make sure u get scripts for meds needed until u get MRI done."

TJ1981 July 18, 2016

Toradol (ketorolac): "Get this injected when I have a particularly bad migraine and my hydrocodone and imitrex are not helping. Works like a charm every time. Other meds haven't helped when they get this bad. Plus it's cheap which helps when having to go to a clinic/er."

Migrainesufferer6878 (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 18, 2016

"Toradell does absolutely nothing for my severe migraines. Tried it on 3 occasions. It worked very well for my kidney stone pain for a couple of hours. After that, the pain returned and they pushed morpine for total relief. Was sent home with oxycodone. Only took one that night and I'm feeling much better! I can see how it works differently for different people."

Painsufferer July 15, 2016

Toradol (ketorolac): "I Judy had a shot of Toradolcin my right button. I don't feel the severe pain in my shoulder & back. The pain is still there, But not a severe. I have not had any adverse reaction."

Brownbottom (taken for less than 1 month) June 21, 2016

Toradol (ketorolac): "I had come down with a very bad sinus infection that caused me to have a migraine like headache. It was extremely unbearable. So I had my spouse take me to the emergency room and the doctor gave me a shot in the rear and within seconds I felt immense relief. The next day the headache came back and after eight hours of dealing with it, I went back to the ER and got another shot. It was fabulous and it allowed me the ability to keep down my antibiotic so I could kick the sinus infection. I don't know why they don't make an injection pen for Migraine sufferers to keep around. Worked way faster than Imitrex ever did for me in the past."

Shannydoo June 20, 2016

"I had excruciating lower back pain along with sciatica. Had shot I hip about 4 hrs ago. Pain is almost gone. I still have a little sciatica, but that takes a few days to heal . Dr also prescribed Vicodin but don't think I will need it tonight. I could barely walk before the dr visit. Now I am much better. No drug works for everyone, but it's worth a try. Hope you all feel better!"

Ron16301 (taken for less than 1 month) June 6, 2016