User Reviews for Ketorolac

Also known as: Sprix, Toradol, Toradol IM, Toradol IV/IM

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Ketorolac.

Ketorolac Rating Summary

7.3/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 1812 medications used in the treatment of Pain.

Reviews for Ketorolac to treat Pain

Toradol (ketorolac): "I had this drug given to me when I was hit by a car as I walked across the street. I couldn’t take meds I was given due to side effects. My pain was so severe I was given a shot of Toradol. What relief! It worked extremely well for me. Four years later I had sciatic nerve pain. I asked my doctor for a shot of Toradol. After three days and nights of extreme pain and discomfort, the Toradol shot took it all away. I am so relieved. No side effects- just good old pain relief!"

Feride (taken for less than 1 month) November 14, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Toradol (ketorolac): "Couldn't tie my shoes without pain before and after this injection I was able to tie shoes without pain ."

SeeYouToo (taken for less than 1 month) November 6, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I fractured my finger and the doctor told me to take Advil to help with the pain. Advil hardly helped with the pain so I had some of these pills lying around so I decided to see if they worked any better. Let me tell you, they worked WAY better. My pain went from 8/10 to around 2/10."

bthroop (taken for less than 1 month) October 27, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Toradol (ketorolac): "I have fibromyalgia and severe costochondritis, dx'd in 2010. After nearly a week of a nasty pain flare and then I fell. That just made it worse, the last straw. So I went to emergency room. Was absolutely shocked they couldn't (by Canadian law) give opioids or anything like that for pain relief when my pain was nearly 3x it usually is. Felt like I totally wasted my time calling the ambulance and waiting for hours to see the emerg doc. Then he offered Toradol and I got a shot of it soon thereafter. I was amazed how it worked, my pain literally just drained away within 10 mins or less. I had not felt that close to being pain free in well over a decade. I cried tears of disbelief and joy. Getting it in pill form asap!"

ShannonH70 (taken for less than 1 month) October 20, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Toradol (ketorolac): "I was given Toradol when I went to the ER with severe kidney stone pain. I did not want narcotics and didn't have much hope for Toradol (I'd had it years earlier for migraines, when it did nothing). It worked amazingly well for the kidney stone pain, though -- I had relief within minutes. I did have diarrhea the next day, presumably as a side effect, but that's better than the stone pain."

Bemused October 17, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Toradol (ketorolac): "Don't be afraid of this drug it's AMAZING!! I frequently get violent migraines and prefer NON-opioid treatment since I usually drive myself to the Urgent Care or in some cases the ER and don't have help with transportation. I also noticed that I get rebound headaches from opioid based pain meds as with Toradol I do not experience that. Toradol has worked quite well intravenously as well as injected. When I visit the ER they give a cocktail of terodol/methadone/steroid. It's a great combo that covers pain, nausea and inflammation. I personally have a weak/sensitive stomach and do not experience any upset stomach or nausea from it. (however the methadone is given for nausea since I usually am dry heaving from the migraine pain)"

LilmissLo (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 11, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Toradol (ketorolac): "Toradol is the medicine they want to use for my kidney stones and chronic migraines. It is not effective for either. I've suffered from over half the month from chronic migraines since 2007 and am now on disability. When the migraines were so bad I'd go to the ER or to my neurologist during office hours. Received toradol usually IM. Even after 2 hours no relief. Now it seems to be the go to for kidney stones. Given to me at the ER. Writhing in pain, vomiting and sweating. No relief. Had to give me other meds. I'm glad this works for some people. Our bodies are different. Was diagnosed with MS in 2011. My body now interprets pain different than a normal person, due to the nerve damage."

auntpammy (taken for less than 1 month) September 11, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Toradol (ketorolac): "I was given this medicine as an injection IM for severe migraine and inner ear pain. Nurse literally hit my nerve doing the injection causing pain so bad I can hardly walk even 4 hours since the shot and it had zero effect on my migraine. Now I am having explosive diarrhea. Never taking this drug ever again."

Miserable Mom (taken for less than 1 month) July 18, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Toradol (ketorolac): "Ketorolac (toradol) is the ONLY medicine that provides me relief during a fit of migraines. It doesn't relieve physical body pain such as sore muscles, in my back or neck area however it relieves almost all of my migraine related pain and symptoms. For example: when I get migraines my neck will start to hurt, my eyes will go crazy, I'll get tunnel vision and specs everywhere and eventually it goes into a full blur, I get disorientated (not dizzy) very confused and slow... I can't focus because of the throbbing feeling under my skull and eventually I get sick and throw up. Ketorolac will help with all of those symptoms and make them disappear except for the neck pain. I will be feeling clear headed, have my vision back, no pressure in skull."

MigraineJS (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 15, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Well I have a bad toothache and dentist gave me 10 mg of toradol and it didn't do anything for my pain my face is still swollen my teeth still hurt and it's not making me drowsy at all this medication is no good and I do not recommend to anyone"

Vandergulik July 8, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Toradol IV/IM (ketorolac): "Didn't do anything for my pain! This stuffs is rubbish."

Rickyyyy June 26, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I was prescribed 10 mg ketorolac tablets following a kidney stone diagnosis 3 weeks ago. The medicine is very effective for my renal colic, causing acute pain to vanish within 5-10 minutes."

Brandon in North Carolina (taken for less than 1 month) May 28, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Great medicine for pain but if you take it longer than 5 days it damages your kidneys. Helped with my knee pain and now Im back to dancing."

Miss D. April 24, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Toradol (ketorolac): "I was given this medication the first time in a walk in clinic in the form of an IM injection. I don't know the dose but it worked magically! I have been suffering from severe migraines for over 20 years. I also take Zomig as needed. I told my GP about the effects I had with Torodol. I have tried literally everything for my migraines from natural treatment to every recommended medication. Nothing works to stop like this medication and sometimes I have to combine with the Zomig. I'm happy it isn't a narcotic and doesn't give me that looped out feeling. I just want to feel normal and this seems to help when I have severe pain of migraines. The doctor gave me an oral prescription which isn't as fast as the injection but it still seems to work."

shaleblue April 7, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Toradol (ketorolac): "I have a herniated L5 degenerative disc disease and arthritis when this flares up I can barely walk! I will go to the ER and get the Toradol shot and within 24 hours I am good and it lasts me for at least 3 months!"

JaeTrem March 12, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Toradol (ketorolac): "Approximately 3 weeks after having a posterior Foraminotomy / laminectomy I began having the same pain as I had prior to the surgery. The nerve pain & numbness became increasingly worse so I call the surgeon's PA at 4 weeks post op to find out if it was normal. He called in a Toradal script Friday. I took 2 pills (as prescribed) & 1 pill every 6 hours as needed for pain. It's Sunday & I'm extremely pleased with the result so far! I have complete pain relief taking this in combination with Percocet!"

JGfan (taken for less than 1 month) March 5, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Toradol (ketorolac): "I have a slipped disc and they gave me toradol in the hospital and it did not help at all"

jennyalehosptialnewhaven February 20, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"It worked for five min that's it"

Ethos January 28, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Toradol (ketorolac): "I was suffering from a somewhat severe case of costochondritis. Felt like a heart attack sometimes. Went to the emergency room and an IV injection of toradol was administered to me. Felt a buzz coming on. More pronounced than the saline solution injected into me. Other than that the pain was mostly gone within a few hours after I got discharged."

GethPrime (taken for less than 1 month) January 15, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Toradol (ketorolac): "I have a long history with kidney stones and have been on every pain killer there is. Toradol is the only medicine that takes the pain away!"

Karen Ace (taken for 10 years or more) January 11, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Toradol (ketorolac): "I receive Toradol in the ER for migraines when nothing else gets them under control. It is the absolute best treatment when needed."

MigraineTD (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 7, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Toradol (ketorolac): "I have been suffering from Tonsillitis for 5 days, my tonsils were extremely swollen and full of pus. I could not swallow without excruciating pain. I went to my primary care doctor and got a dose of Toradol. Along w/ IV fluids, antibiotics and steroids. Within 45 mins my throat was about 60% less painful. By the end of the day I could swallow completely without any pain. I'm sure both the IV and Toradol played parts in this, but I believe the Toradol was the extra punch I needed."

Oneofeach (taken for less than 1 month) December 26, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Toradol (ketorolac): "I have about 8-10 migraines a month that leave me hugging the toilet, and/or hiding in the dark closet with a pile of blankets. Today was the first time they tried anything other than Excedrin Migraine. Toradol! A shot :-\...Oh my, for the first time since 2008 I don't have pain in my back and neck. She said it would not make me tired but I just spent a nice 4 hr nap in zero pain. Yes, the injection had a mild heat like pain for a few minutes. But to feel like this is pretty much awesome!"

Mermaid Mama (taken for less than 1 month) December 14, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Toradol (ketorolac): "I went to Urgent Care for what turned out to be a kidney stone. I was in severe pain and they finally (after begging) gave me Toradol in my IV. It took quite awhile to just take the edge off. It lasted about 3 hours. When I left, they gave me another pain killer that nicely did the trick!"

Cathy13033 November 24, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Toradol (ketorolac): "Take the shot once a month for knee pain. It helps a lot and I could feel the difference in just hours."

OSCAR 78 November 10, 2016