User Reviews for Ketorolac

Also known as: Sprix, Toradol, Toradol IM, Toradol IV/IM

Learn more about Ketorolac.

Ketorolac Rating Summary

7.3/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 1857 medications used in the treatment of Pain.

Reviews for Ketorolac to treat Pain

"Great medicine for pain but if you take it longer than 5 days it damages your kidneys. Helped with my knee pain and now Im back to dancing."

Miss D. April 24, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Toradol (ketorolac): "I was given this medication the first time in a walk in clinic in the form of an IM injection. I don't know the dose but it worked magically! I have been suffering from severe migraines for over 20 years. I also take Zomig as needed. I told my GP about the effects I had with Torodol. I have tried literally everything for my migraines from natural treatment to every recommended medication. Nothing works to stop like this medication and sometimes I have to combine with the Zomig. I'm happy it isn't a narcotic and doesn't give me that looped out feeling. I just want to feel normal and this seems to help when I have severe pain of migraines. The doctor gave me an oral prescription which isn't as fast as the injection but it still seems to work."

shaleblue April 7, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Toradol (ketorolac): "I have a herniated L5 degenerative disc disease and arthritis when this flares up I can barely walk! I will go to the ER and get the Toradol shot and within 24 hours I am good and it lasts me for at least 3 months!"

JaeTrem March 12, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Toradol (ketorolac): "Approximately 3 weeks after having a posterior Foraminotomy / laminectomy I began having the same pain as I had prior to the surgery. The nerve pain & numbness became increasingly worse so I call the surgeon's PA at 4 weeks post op to find out if it was normal. He called in a Toradal script Friday. I took 2 pills (as prescribed) & 1 pill every 6 hours as needed for pain. It's Sunday & I'm extremely pleased with the result so far! I have complete pain relief taking this in combination with Percocet!"

JGfan (taken for less than 1 month) March 5, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Toradol (ketorolac): "I have a slipped disc and they gave me toradol in the hospital and it did not help at all"

jennyalehosptialnewhaven February 20, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"It worked for five min that's it"

Ethos January 28, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Toradol (ketorolac): "I was suffering from a somewhat severe case of costochondritis. Felt like a heart attack sometimes. Went to the emergency room and an IV injection of toradol was administered to me. Felt a buzz coming on. More pronounced than the saline solution injected into me. Other than that the pain was mostly gone within a few hours after I got discharged."

GethPrime (taken for less than 1 month) January 15, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Toradol (ketorolac): "I have a long history with kidney stones and have been on every pain killer there is. Toradol is the only medicine that takes the pain away!"

Karen Ace (taken for 10 years or more) January 11, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Toradol (ketorolac): "I receive Toradol in the ER for migraines when nothing else gets them under control. It is the absolute best treatment when needed."

MigraineTD (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 7, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Toradol (ketorolac): "I have been suffering from Tonsillitis for 5 days, my tonsils were extremely swollen and full of pus. I could not swallow without excruciating pain. I went to my primary care doctor and got a dose of Toradol. Along w/ IV fluids, antibiotics and steroids. Within 45 mins my throat was about 60% less painful. By the end of the day I could swallow completely without any pain. I'm sure both the IV and Toradol played parts in this, but I believe the Toradol was the extra punch I needed."

Oneofeach (taken for less than 1 month) December 26, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Toradol (ketorolac): "I have about 8-10 migraines a month that leave me hugging the toilet, and/or hiding in the dark closet with a pile of blankets. Today was the first time they tried anything other than Excedrin Migraine. Toradol! A shot :-\...Oh my, for the first time since 2008 I don't have pain in my back and neck. She said it would not make me tired but I just spent a nice 4 hr nap in zero pain. Yes, the injection had a mild heat like pain for a few minutes. But to feel like this is pretty much awesome!"

Mermaid Mama (taken for less than 1 month) December 14, 2016

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Toradol (ketorolac): "I went to Urgent Care for what turned out to be a kidney stone. I was in severe pain and they finally (after begging) gave me Toradol in my IV. It took quite awhile to just take the edge off. It lasted about 3 hours. When I left, they gave me another pain killer that nicely did the trick!"

Cathy13033 November 24, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Toradol (ketorolac): "Take the shot once a month for knee pain. It helps a lot and I could feel the difference in just hours."

OSCAR 78 November 10, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Toradol (ketorolac): "I suffer from chronic migraines and every dr wants to give toradol shots to stop them. Toradol is not FDA approved as a treatment for migraines. It does not work."

Jennings1213 (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 4, 2016

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Toradol (ketorolac): "I have had severe debilitating migraines and chiari headaches for over 30 years. Nothing worked...until the miracle of Torodal. I am finally a NORMAL human being!!!!"

Chiarian (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 1, 2016

18 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Toradol (ketorolac): "Was given an im injection in the buttocks for migraines and it was completely ineffective. The pain that the injection caused was infuriating considering there was absolutely no relief of the headache."

Collegemigraine (taken for less than 1 month) October 28, 2016

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Toradol (ketorolac): "I was in the middle of passing a kidney stone. I was admitted to the ER with severe pain in right side, tremors, cold sweats, nausea, vomiting, feeling of full bladder and need to urinate but inability to urinate. I was given IV toradol and the pain subsided within a minute. I was even able to get some shut eye on and off for maybe an hour. Of the IV drugs I have received, this one had me the most clear headed, functional, aware. It staved off the pain for about 3-4 hours, after which I asked for another injection before being released from the ER, as the pain was returning with the nausea. NOTE: I have been having severe (2 or 3 at rest, 7-9 in wrong position) right leg pain for a few months. Toradol ineffective. Nerve pain?"

JCDS (taken for less than 1 month) October 21, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Injected 60mgs for lower back pain.they said it would kick in a half an hour.three hours later it has done nothing,probably made the pain worst."

Wolfhounds (taken for less than 1 month) October 13, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Toradol (ketorolac): "Have been suffering with a severe throats infection for 3 nights now. Been on antibiotics, aspirin and ibuprofen. Saw a Dr today and was given this injection of Tiraspol. Have been pain free for hours and able to finally eat something. I don't typically take any drugs but this one I am glad I did!!"

CynthiaBerto October 11, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I suffer from severe head aches whether they are sinus head aches cluster head or aches migrane headaches... I have no idea that's what 3 different doctors told me.. It was so bad one morning I had to go to the Er they have me a ib profein iv which made the pain go away at about 50%. When they discharged me he prescribed me ketorolac..complete junk! Advil liquid gels worked better than this crap!"

SammG October 3, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"My doctor prescribed me this for pain and it doesnt work. Is 5 in the morning and cant sleep with the pain after taking them pills."

Anonymous September 27, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I was prescribed this med for kidney stone pain and it worked great. Within 30 minutes of taking it I had near total relief after 12 hours of excruciating pain. It actually worked more than the IV pain medication I was given in-hospital. So far no unpleasant side effects either, though I took it with a good meal as suggested."

AsgJess September 18, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Toradol (ketorolac): "After ending up in the ER with the worst migraine I've ever had, the doctor gave me 3 different meds, all through an IV. None of them made a difference. He then gave me Toradol. It took the edge off right away, and after about 10 minutes my migraine was gone. I have taken it ever since. It's the only thing I have found that helps. I wish it worked for everyone as well as it works for me."

AdamApril4GD September 13, 2016

19 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Toradol (ketorolac): "I suffer from chronic migraines. More than 15 days a month of constant pain where more than 4 days are full on migraines. .Toradol is one of the drugs in a cocktail I take through IV all at once. Combined with the other drugs it is amazing..alone Toradol, even if I wait the 1 hour, has not successfully reduced my migraines."

Migraine1506 August 10, 2016

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Toradol (ketorolac): "I have had migraine for 5 days ----- they gave me Toradol injection --- it's been 2 hours and I do not feel any better. ...why is that?"

Wendy D July 20, 2016