User Reviews for Ketorolac systemic

Postoperative Pain
7.1

Summary of Ketorolac reviews 7.2 282 reviews

Reviews for Ketorolac

Toradol (ketorolac) for Pain: "I have chronic kidney stones and they always want to give me toradol IM for the pain. First off, the standards for what constitutes a properly sized muscle need to be reviewed, because 1/3 of the time, they'll give it to me in the deltoid, while the rest of the time, they insist on the gluteus medius. Regardless of where they put it, it doesn't help much with the problem at hand. If I happen to have a headache or sore back at the time, the toradol clears it right up. The severe pain it's meant to treat, on the other hand, barely has the edge taken off. The worst thing is that it causes intense soreness and cramping in the injection site for hours, far worse than a tetanus shot. Some people have good experiences, so it's worth a try to dodge opioids, but don't be afraid to tell them it doesn't work."

Mike (taken for less than 1 month) November 29, 2018

Toradol (ketorolac) for Pain: "I have MS and pinched nerve in my C spine . When I have a flare up or bad spasticity this drug works great ! Go in , get a shot and literally 1 minute later the pain is relieved ."

Boxerdog (taken for 10 years or more) November 29, 2018

Sprix (ketorolac) for Pain: "I’ve suffered with migraines for over 10 years. I’ve taken everything and done all kinds of treatment. Including Botox. This nasal spray works within 10 mins. It does burn your nose pretty bad and leaves a horrible taste in your throat. But ..... it’s amazing. My only complaint is once you’ve opened a small bottle you have to dispose in 24hrs. I’ve tried to keep them longer and the medicine just doesn’t work after that time period. I would highly recommend this to anyone with chronic migraines. It had been a life saver"

Josh (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 28, 2018

Toradol (ketorolac) for Pain: "They gave me this drug for a pulled muscle in my back, it helped with the pain, but the side effects were not worth it, terrible stomach pain, burning in my stomach, belching, bloating, 3 days since the injection, and my stomach is still not back to normal, I will never take this drug again"

Dee November 9, 2018

Toradol IM (ketorolac) for Pain: "Went to my Primary Care with extreme, crippling menstrual pain (I have cysts and endometriosis). Nurse injected in my arm, I am routinely used to injections and I've never felt such pain from a needle in my life. My entire arm went numb, I couldn't feel my hand. Then, for a long while afterwards I kept getting shockwaves up and down my arm, like bees stinging inside of my nerves. Not sure if this was the drug or malpractice? Minutes later I was vomiting profusely in the office wastebasket. My arm then developed a large, red circular rash. Apparently this is not a normal reaction. Once I was home, I also got a hideous migraine as a side effect. The drug did relieve my cramps, and knocked me out for a good several hours, but it wasn't worth the headache or the pain in my arm. Never again."

Rohan (taken for less than 1 month) October 25, 2018

Toradol (ketorolac) for Pain: "I had a heart attack in March 2018. In the hospital, they were giving me Morphine for pain. I hated the way it made me feel and it did nothing for the pain. After a day of Morphine I asked that I be given something else, thus my introduction to Toradol. I wish I'd known about Toradol before being given Morphine. It made me feel so much better, without the horrible side effects of Morphine."

ICE QUEEN (taken for less than 1 month) October 24, 2018

Toradol (ketorolac) for Postoperative Pain: "This was given to me after multiple surgeries stemming from a botched gallbladder removal. This drug gave me horrible hallucinations and extremely vivid dreams. It scared me to death out and made me sweat profusely. I don’t ever want anything to do with this drug again."

Gallstonegirl (taken for less than 1 month) October 3, 2018

Toradol IM (ketorolac) for Pain: "Received IM injection. No relief of pain. Caused pain, paresthesia, hyperesthesia and numbness from hip injection site to lateral knee. This persists 6 weeks later. Experienced nausea and violent vomiting for 12 hours as well. I will not take this again"

Ll (taken for less than 1 month) September 28, 2018

Toradol (ketorolac) for Pain: "I get a toradol shot when I get a migraine that lasts longer than a day and when naproxen hasn't help. I have had them help and sometimes they do not. Got one today and the pain was gone within an hour. Plus the nurse did a great job, no burning sensation after injection. I have been lucky lately, not having a bad burning sensation. I once had a nurse inject it quickly and had the worst burning sensation from it. I think when it is injected slower it's better. Overall the toradol shot is good for me. I also take hydroxyzine (anti anxiety, antihistamine) at onset of migraine too. The NASID and antihistamine work very well for me."

autunm17 September 28, 2018

Toradol (ketorolac) for Pain: "They always try to give me this when I have a migraine. It has never worked for my pain. They still make me try it before they will even consider giving me anything else. It is no better than 800mg of Advil or Cambia. And I can take that stuff at home without having to pay a copay! So frustrating that this is the first line of defence for a migraine that won’t go away."

allenwaa (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 18, 2018

Toradol IV/IM (ketorolac) for Pain: "I suffer from severe nerve and back pain. When my gabapentin and norcos can't cut it I go to the ER and get a shot of toradol. I will have electric shooting pains that go down my leg and out my foot every few minutes. 60 mg of Toradol will have me pain-free within an hour. I have gone several times so far. One flare-up was so bad that the shot only stopped it for 24 hrs and I had to go back the next day and get another. Then I was good for a few months till the next bad flare up"

Jack Tripper September 6, 2018

Toradol (ketorolac) for Pain: "Toradol right into my sciatic nerve worked for 18 months. Tonight they want to put toradol in my shoulder. Seems dumb to put toradol into my bloodstream and not where the pain is."

Skohotentot September 6, 2018

Sprix (ketorolac) for Pain: "Used this post hip labrum and FAI arthroscopic surgery. Works incredibly well. Never needed to supplement the narcotic pain pills they prescribed. Took Sprix with Tylenol and with ice every hour I was virtually pain free."

Angie (taken for less than 1 month) September 2, 2018

Sprix (ketorolac) for Pain: "I had a Superior Hypogastric Plexus Block aka a giant needle guided by x-ray though muscles and spine to numb some nerves for my chronic endometriosis pain. I was given SPRIX to help in my recovery from the injection and it did nothing but make me nauseous. If it helped with the pain I couldn't tell. I think Percocet would do better than this NSAID-SPRIX. Note: I've got a tolerance for strong meds so it takes a lot of anything to help me when I have severe pain. I think it might help others but isn't strong enough for me. My dosage was 15.75mg spray in each nose every 6-8 hours. The burn hurts bad, makes me cry and sometimes makes me sneeze. After 1 day of usage with no relief I'm calling my Dr for something else. FYI: On the other hand this block I get does help my endometriosis pain after the recovery from the injection itself. If you happen to have chronic endo. pain I can recommend this shot."

Friend in pain (taken for less than 1 month) September 1, 2018

Sprix (ketorolac) for Pain: "I’ve had Kidney stones for 25 years. I’m now 42. Having a stone 2-5 times a year really sucks. Only a couple years ago my doctor RX’d me Sprix. Yes, it kind of burns the nose a little and drips down your throat and taste horrible . Chase it with some water. It absolutely takes to pain away in a matter of 5-15 minutes tops. So much better than Dilaudid 4mg. Wish I had this years ago. So much easier than having narcotics."

Jimi (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 28, 2018

Toradol (ketorolac) for Pain: "I got a injection of Toradol when I was admitted the night before I gotten my gallbladder out. I was in so much pain and Dilaudid only helped me for a hour at the most. My nurse finally gave me a shot of Toradol and I could finally sleep. Having a gallstones attack was the worst pain I have ever felt in my life. It lasted until I woke up after surgery and was in my room. I am so grateful that it helped!"

Molly Ann (taken for less than 1 month) August 25, 2018

Toradol IM (ketorolac) for Pain: "I was in #9+ pain after a cervical (SPINE) nerve cauterizing procedure, (in addition to migraine) & was highly distressed to get ZERO pain relief. The drive/additional nausea/pain/stress to get the Toradol shot caused WORSE pain than if I'd known Toradol was the only remedy offered. Toradol is not effective for me at all!"

Distress (taken for less than 1 month) August 23, 2018

Sprix (ketorolac) for Pain: "I absolutely wish there was a formulation I could take for more than 5 days. If I could take this every day, I could probably go off of my narcotic pain meds. I will agree with many, the taste and burning can be hard but it’s definitely worth it. At least for me."

Avasmom (taken for less than 1 month) August 19, 2018

Sprix (ketorolac) for Pain: "As most have stated this burns terribly, however I DO NOT CARE! I would take worse pain if its something that will elevate my migraines. I am on a whole host of meds, and I hate medication. I prefer natural means, however nothing worked so here I am. I will do anything to rid myself of these migraines. I have had nerve blocks and a few times gone to the ER for a "migraine cocktail" this medication has replaced that need. When living with a violent migraine for 21 days, I would try anything! Having this on hand eliminates that possibility. This DOES WORK! Just push through the initial nose burn and move on. As stated I do not like medication, I have resigned myself to that not being the case, but I do push my limits. I only use this as a last resort and only after a few days of trying everything else. I hope my rant encourages you to stick through the nose pain. If you do....a clear and quiet mind with NO PAIN, PUKING, LOSS OF VISION, it legit gives you your life back with in a few mins."

Dee Dee August 15, 2018

Toradol (ketorolac) for Pain: "I got a shot of toradol after I went to ER for nerve pain. As soon as she stabbed it in my arm I felt pain. My hand is cramping and have tingling all over my body."

B (taken for less than 1 month) August 4, 2018

Toradol (ketorolac) for Pain: "I had daily headaches resulting from a concussion. A neurologist put me on Toradol and I could not wait to wean myself off. I had such stabbing pain in both eyes from it I could barely function. I now take Elavil and am very excited not to have headaches! Fingers crossed!"

Gingergirl (taken for less than 1 month) July 26, 2018

Toradol (ketorolac) for Pain: "Toradol worked right away on back pain. The shot hurt a bit, but now, the next morning, I can't go to work as I have got diarrhea, chills and fever, heartburn. Just like the side effect list."

Ms Writer (taken for less than 1 month) July 25, 2018

Sprix (ketorolac) for Pain: "Sprix burns my nose HORRIBLY! Even if I don’t inhale it later after I sniff just a little it burns every sinus cavity and makes my eyes water and burn. Then when I finally lay back down it burns my throat for about 30 minutes. It feels like I’m shoving jalapeños up my nose and in my sinus cavities. As for the pain it doesn’t help there either. Maybe this medicine is just not for me."

Kandikane57 (taken for less than 1 month) July 8, 2018

Toradol (ketorolac) for Pain: "I suffer from severe kyphosis (my spine spine is bent forward) which leads to severe migraines I've been prescribed everything in the book even sumatriptan referral to go to pain management, orthopedic surgeon, neurologist, ears neck and throat docotrs. Nothing has helped until I switched my PCP and my first walk in visit she gave me torodol literally worked in 5 minutes I felt brand new. I felt the pressure on my neck gone. A month in a half later I recieved another migraine went to ER they gave me torodol shot and the pills. This stuff is amazing."

Aisha (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 1, 2018

Toradol IV/IM (ketorolac) for Pain: "Was in ER for severe right side abdominal pain that radiated to my back on lower right side also. Scans and blood tests were normal. Results did show ovarian cysts. Was given Toradol via IV and pain has been gone for almost 24 hours. I feel normal again"

Karyn June 28, 2018