User Reviews for Ketorolac

Pain
7.2

Summary of Ketorolac reviews 7.2 258 reviews

Reviews for Ketorolac

Sprix (ketorolac) for Pain: "I am prescribed this for horrible migraines. I am on so many meds, I walk around in a fog and still get migraines. My first dose was a literal game changer. Where has this medication been all my life? It started to make a difference with in 5 to 10 minutes. The initial burn is brutal, but well worth it."

Pugs (taken for less than 1 month) June 15, 2018

Toradol (ketorolac) for Pain: "Same old song and dance. Went to ER on a Saturday night. Migraine wouldn’t budge with my at home triptans and Midrin. Told ER I usually get Nubain and promethazine. He of course thought I was looking for drugs and said he does toradol with compazine and it works *99%* of the time. Didn’t even touch my migraine. I’ve heard good things about it. Just doesn’t work for this girl."

allenwaa (taken for less than 1 month) June 10, 2018

For Pain: "I was given this medication as an alternative to the opioids I had been on. It was very effective at taking away my pain, however I developed a severe cough that ended up pulling my core muscles from constantly coughing. I was sad when I had to stop taking the medication. Please try this as an alternative to heavy opioids because it does work! I’m only giving it a lower rating as it didn’t take all my pain away and lead to other issues."

Ash27 (taken for less than 1 month) June 5, 2018

Toradol (ketorolac) for Pain: "Went to the ER with a migraine, second day of migraine and had to get relief. I had to fly the next day. Was given Toradol, Benadryl and an anti nausea medication. Left the ER two hours late and felt much better. Still experienced some mild nausea the next day but the pain was gone. I do not tolerate Imatrex so this drug helped me without making me feel any lingering side effects. I plan on asking my doctor for a prescription if I ever need it again."

Cltcqeen (taken for less than 1 month) May 21, 2018

Toradol (ketorolac) for Pain: "I was given Toradol injections to help with both sciatic and c-spine pain. It worked great."

Beth (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 18, 2018

Toradol (ketorolac) for Postoperative Pain: "Toradol can be very dangerous and the drug company is trying to make it sound like it is the "cure all" for narcotic pain control. Did they tell you that Toradol is like ibuprofen? Did they tell you it can cause ulcers? This is not the drug for pain control. We have morphine and dilaudid, which provide excellent relief without gut bleeds and ulcers, along with blood thinning. All the hospitals are worried about is the opioid crisis (that they created by handing them out like candy), but no one wants to talk about the methamphetamine crisis that is ruining this country. How about dealing with that, and let me give my poor patients some pain relief with morphine or dilaudid."

Lucygirl RN May 7, 2018

For Pain: "I ended up in ER after severe kidney stone pain started in lower back and abdomen. They first injected morphine and I assumed I would get substantial relief quickly. However to my surprise there was none. A half hour later the ketorolac was injected. The pain disappeared completely in about 5 minutes. I assumed it was a different sort of opioid and was amazed it was an NSAID. Perhaps it works differently on certain kinds of pain but I have never had an experience like this. The one IV DOSE lasted about 6 hours."

Pete (taken for less than 1 month) April 21, 2018

Sprix (ketorolac) for Pain: "I used Sprix today for migraine that’s been going on for about 4 months. I hated it, I tilted my head down and did as it said but still my nose burned so bad. And after that it dripped into my throat which hurt even worse I wanted to cry. This lasted for about 20 minutes and it didn’t even bring me any migraine relief."

lanie (taken for less than 1 month) April 18, 2018

Sprix (ketorolac) for Pain: "The burning in nose was uncomfortable, but bearable when you need pain relief. I have severe low back pain. After first dose I became very nauseous. After second dose, even more nauseous. It was somewhat effective for my pain. However, about 4 hrs of severe nausea, I began vomiting, too. Not the drug for me."

Seashell April 12, 2018

Sprix (ketorolac) for Pain: "All the meds we tried in the past seemed to literally be borderline ineffective for treatment of pain related to arthritic/skeletal pain. My Dr finally prescribed Sprix as a temp solution (5 day nasal) Yes, that initial nasal fireball will get your attention but after the first dose set in-I was stunned speechless. I had not been told nor sought any information about the med before my first dose...so to say I was overwhelmed would be an understatement. I am on day 2 of the medicine and am already googling if there is any formulation of this med that can be taken daily. My mind can literally not imagine if after day 5 - this relief stops cold turkey. If you are in acute pain and this is a feasible relief option I could not recommend it more highly for relief."

JS2266 April 12, 2018

Sprix (ketorolac) for Pain: "Used sprix (toradol nasal spray) and IM. Both extremely effective for my joint/nerve and migraines. Sprix only drawback was how incredibly bad it tasted. Did not get me any kind of high but I did abuse because it took care of my pain. Abuse quickly lead to hearing loss, some but not all temporary. Now I can no longer use any kind of NSAID. I want to stress that it did not make me feel any differently except the absence of pain."

Niffer (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 10, 2018

Sprix (ketorolac) for Pain: "I cannot believe how quickly and effectively Sprix relieves my severe and chronic low back pain. It actually works faster than the opioid medications I was taking and is just as effective. It is a little uncomfortable when I spray it in my nose, but the benefits far outweigh the discomfort."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 3, 2018

Sprix (ketorolac) for Pain: "Some pain relief noted. However the extreme burning pain in my nose, the frequent sneezing, the red burning eyes, and the bloody noses made me seek another medication for my post operative pain control."

SRH (taken for less than 1 month) March 30, 2018

Sprix (ketorolac) for Pain: "Please read if you are taking Sprix for the first time: It is VERY important that you do NOT inhale like you would with a typical nasal spray. It will burn like CRAZY and is completely unnecessary. Also point the tip in the direction of your outer nostril. If you do this, you should get crazy pain relief. This from someone who's been on 180 max strength percs per month, for quite awhile after my Anterior cervical discectomy and fusion (ACDF) of C-5 C6. Jeff 405 "

Sjs (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 15, 2018

Toradol IV/IM (ketorolac) for Pain: "Made me feel extremely sick. Headache, chills, fever, painful urination, vision changes, moments of confusion, difficulty eating, constantly thirsty, difficulty sleeping, sore throat, abdominal pain. Etc. Never want this again!"

BreeannHorton (taken for less than 1 month) March 4, 2018

Toradol (ketorolac) for Pain: "Got injection yesterday for multiday migraine and I don't feel any relief."

Anon (taken for less than 1 month) March 4, 2018

Sprix (ketorolac) for Pain: "I like this stuff. Tastes terrible (I have a post nasal drip so a bit goes down that way). This works for me though. Pain just goes away"

Ej (taken for less than 1 month) February 25, 2018

Toradol (ketorolac) for Pain: "Used for really bad headaches"

Anonymous February 8, 2018

Sprix (ketorolac) for Pain: "This medication worked so well that I can tolerate the horrid burning of my nose that seemed to penetrate all through my head and into my ears. It is awful but does not compare to the pain of a migraine headache. I was completely shocked by the results, I can actually go about my life as opposed to confined to my bed and dark room, dry heaving from the pain and light and smell sensitivity. Trust me 5 minutes of burning brain is welcomed to the results of this medication."

LisaB8814 December 25, 2017

Toradol (ketorolac) for Postoperative Pain: "Given to me in an IV immediately after laparoscopic hysterectomy. Don’t know if they gave me too much or not but I could not stay awake for a few hours. They had to increase my IV just to flush it out. But I will say one thing....I had absolutely NO PAIN that evening, the next day, or even the following week. Excellent."

Sharon R. (taken for less than 1 month) December 14, 2017

Sprix (ketorolac) for Pain: "I had major ankle surgery. This was one of the medication I was given. You have to keep it refrigerated, but one opened it can be a room temp. I want you to know my throat hurt so bad after surgery too. I had a nerve block done also so I waited till the next day to use this medication. I read about the burning, but didn't realize it was like someone placing burning coals in you nose. I was like omg omg for about 5 mins. Then all of the sudden no pain, not even my throat was hurting anymore. After about 6 hrs. I did it again, it did hurt, but not as bad a the first time. The only thing was when it was wearing off I got a bad headache. Other than that no problems. For someone in moderate to severe pain I would recommend."

Surgery of left ankle (taken for less than 1 month) December 1, 2017

Toradol (ketorolac) for Pain: "I have the equivalent of Sciatica, in my arm. Cannot move it without severe pain, (typing now with one hand!) I have had Sciatica in my leg also, but was able to do stretches to relieve the pain. Cannot find stretches for my arm that work...so on to the Doctor. She gave me a shot of Toradol 15mg/4units...knocked it right out! but a day and half later it came back. I'm taking steroids now, on the 2nd day of the med pack, and still miserable.... Wouldn't wish This on my worst enemy!"

Chele600 November 30, 2017

For Pain: "I have been through just about every as an abortive for migraines, and this is the only thing that has consistently worked. Fioriocet worked for a while, but a tolerance is gained so I was put on ketorolac tabs instead of IM. I can finally live again. I haven't notice any of the side effect either."

no thanks November 30, 2017

For Pain: "I was given this for neck pain. Nothing, no relief at all. This medicine doesn’t work for my sciatica either. I saw some people were given it for kidney stones. I have bad stones & have had several operations to remove them. Hope they never give this med for that. I always get Percocet for those. I don’t see where this medicine is helpful."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) November 20, 2017

For Pain: "I've had chronic back pain for 15+ years. Four years ago I was diagnosed with a bulging torn disc and degenerative disc disease. My doc put me on Norco 10-325 and Fentanyl 75mcg/hr with a new fentanyl patch every 48 hours. After 4 years on these meds she cut me off completely. No weaning off. Cold turkey. All because the DEA is out for opiates. So I went thru withdrawal. I was in extreme pain. Sweating and shaking. 2 days in doc finally prescribes ketorolac. It was amazing! Year's worth of pain vanished. This was my first time taking it in pill form. I've had multiple injections of toradol for back flare ups and they've always worked well. But the pill takes the cake."

America's opioid crisis (taken for less than 1 month) November 19, 2017