User Reviews for Ketorolac

Pain
7.2

Summary of Ketorolac reviews 7.2 274 reviews

Reviews for Ketorolac

Toradol IV/IM (ketorolac) for Pain: "I suffer from severe nerve and back pain. When my gabapentin and norcos can't cut it I go to the ER and get a shot of toradol. I will have electric shooting pains that go down my leg and out my foot every few minutes. 60 mg of Toradol will have me pain-free within an hour. I have gone several times so far. One flare-up was so bad that the shot only stopped it for 24 hrs and I had to go back the next day and get another. Then I was good for a few months till the next bad flare up"

Jack Tripper September 6, 2018

Toradol (ketorolac) for Pain: "Toradol right into my sciatic nerve worked for 18 months. Tonight they want to put toradol in my shoulder. Seems dumb to put toradol into my bloodstream and not where the pain is."

Skohotentot September 6, 2018

Sprix (ketorolac) for Pain: "Used this post hip labrum and FAI arthroscopic surgery. Works incredibly well. Never needed to supplement the narcotic pain pills they prescribed. Took Sprix with Tylenol and with ice every hour I was virtually pain free."

Angie (taken for less than 1 month) September 2, 2018

Sprix (ketorolac) for Pain: "I had a Superior Hypogastric Plexus Block aka a giant needle guided by x-ray though muscles and spine to numb some nerves for my chronic endometriosis pain. I was given SPRIX to help in my recovery from the injection and it did nothing but make me nauseous. If it helped with the pain I couldn't tell. I think Percocet would do better than this NSAID-SPRIX. Note: I've got a tolerance for strong meds so it takes a lot of anything to help me when I have severe pain. I think it might help others but isn't strong enough for me. My dosage was 15.75mg spray in each nose every 6-8 hours. The burn hurts bad, makes me cry and sometimes makes me sneeze. After 1 day of usage with no relief I'm calling my Dr for something else. FYI: On the other hand this block I get does help my endometriosis pain after the recovery from the injection itself. If you happen to have chronic endo. pain I can recommend this shot."

Friend in pain (taken for less than 1 month) September 1, 2018

Sprix (ketorolac) for Pain: "I’ve had Kidney stones for 25 years. I’m now 42. Having a stone 2-5 times a year really sucks. Only a couple years ago my doctor RX’d me Sprix. Yes, it kind of burns the nose a little and drips down your throat and taste horrible . Chase it with some water. It absolutely takes to pain away in a matter of 5-15 minutes tops. So much better than Dilaudid 4mg. Wish I had this years ago. So much easier than having narcotics."

Jimi (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 28, 2018

Toradol (ketorolac) for Pain: "I got a injection of Toradol when I was admitted the night before I gotten my gallbladder out. I was in so much pain and Dilaudid only helped me for a hour at the most. My nurse finally gave me a shot of Toradol and I could finally sleep. Having a gallstones attack was the worst pain I have ever felt in my life. It lasted until I woke up after surgery and was in my room. I am so grateful that it helped!"

Molly Ann (taken for less than 1 month) August 25, 2018

Toradol IM (ketorolac) for Pain: "I was in #9+ pain after a cervical (SPINE) nerve cauterizing procedure, (in addition to migraine) & was highly distressed to get ZERO pain relief. The drive/additional nausea/pain/stress to get the Toradol shot caused WORSE pain than if I'd known Toradol was the only remedy offered. Toradol is not effective for me at all!"

Distress (taken for less than 1 month) August 23, 2018

Sprix (ketorolac) for Pain: "I absolutely wish there was a formulation I could take for more than 5 days. If I could take this every day, I could probably go off of my narcotic pain meds. I will agree with many, the taste and burning can be hard but it’s definitely worth it. At least for me."

Avasmom (taken for less than 1 month) August 19, 2018

Sprix (ketorolac) for Pain: "As most have stated this burns terribly, however I DO NOT CARE! I would take worse pain if its something that will elevate my migraines. I am on a whole host of meds, and I hate medication. I prefer natural means, however nothing worked so here I am. I will do anything to rid myself of these migraines. I have had nerve blocks and a few times gone to the ER for a "migraine cocktail" this medication has replaced that need. When living with a violent migraine for 21 days, I would try anything! Having this on hand eliminates that possibility. This DOES WORK! Just push through the initial nose burn and move on. As stated I do not like medication, I have resigned myself to that not being the case, but I do push my limits. I only use this as a last resort and only after a few days of trying everything else. I hope my rant encourages you to stick through the nose pain. If you do....a clear and quiet mind with NO PAIN, PUKING, LOSS OF VISION, it legit gives you your life back with in a few mins."

Dee Dee August 15, 2018

Toradol (ketorolac) for Pain: "I got a shot of toradol after I went to ER for nerve pain. As soon as she stabbed it in my arm I felt pain. My hand is cramping and have tingling all over my body."

B (taken for less than 1 month) August 4, 2018

Toradol (ketorolac) for Pain: "I had daily headaches resulting from a concussion. A neurologist put me on Toradol and I could not wait to wean myself off. I had such stabbing pain in both eyes from it I could barely function. I now take Elavil and am very excited not to have headaches! Fingers crossed!"

Gingergirl (taken for less than 1 month) July 26, 2018

Toradol (ketorolac) for Pain: "Toradol worked right away on back pain. The shot hurt a bit, but now, the next morning, I can't go to work as I have got diarrhea, chills and fever, heartburn. Just like the side effect list."

Ms Writer (taken for less than 1 month) July 25, 2018

Sprix (ketorolac) for Pain: "Sprix burns my nose HORRIBLY! Even if I don’t inhale it later after I sniff just a little it burns every sinus cavity and makes my eyes water and burn. Then when I finally lay back down it burns my throat for about 30 minutes. It feels like I’m shoving jalapeños up my nose and in my sinus cavities. As for the pain it doesn’t help there either. Maybe this medicine is just not for me."

Kandikane57 (taken for less than 1 month) July 8, 2018

Toradol (ketorolac) for Pain: "I suffer from severe kyphosis (my spine spine is bent forward) which leads to severe migraines I've been prescribed everything in the book even sumatriptan referral to go to pain management, orthopedic surgeon, neurologist, ears neck and throat docotrs. Nothing has helped until I switched my PCP and my first walk in visit she gave me torodol literally worked in 5 minutes I felt brand new. I felt the pressure on my neck gone. A month in a half later I recieved another migraine went to ER they gave me torodol shot and the pills. This stuff is amazing."

Aisha (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 1, 2018

Toradol IV/IM (ketorolac) for Pain: "Was in ER for severe right side abdominal pain that radiated to my back on lower right side also. Scans and blood tests were normal. Results did show ovarian cysts. Was given Toradol via IV and pain has been gone for almost 24 hours. I feel normal again"

Karyn June 28, 2018

For Pain: "I ended up in the ER with what turned out to be a kidney stone. I was in considerable pain, and they gave me dilatid first. It eased the pain (but still there), and mostly put me to sleep. Several hours later, after they discovered it was a kidney stone, they gave me ketorolac IV. In less than a half hour, the pain was gone, and stayed away for 12+ hours. I've been taking the pill form every couple of days as the pain comes back, and that works. I was amazed at the effectiveness!"

swisstom (taken for less than 1 month) June 24, 2018

Sprix (ketorolac) for Pain: "I am prescribed this for horrible migraines. I am on so many meds, I walk around in a fog and still get migraines. My first dose was a literal game changer. Where has this medication been all my life? It started to make a difference with in 5 to 10 minutes. The initial burn is brutal, but well worth it."

Pugs (taken for less than 1 month) June 15, 2018

Toradol (ketorolac) for Pain: "Same old song and dance. Went to ER on a Saturday night. Migraine wouldn’t budge with my at home triptans and Midrin. Told ER I usually get Nubain and promethazine. He of course thought I was looking for drugs and said he does toradol with compazine and it works *99%* of the time. Didn’t even touch my migraine. I’ve heard good things about it. Just doesn’t work for this girl."

allenwaa (taken for less than 1 month) June 10, 2018

For Pain: "I was given this medication as an alternative to the opioids I had been on. It was very effective at taking away my pain, however I developed a severe cough that ended up pulling my core muscles from constantly coughing. I was sad when I had to stop taking the medication. Please try this as an alternative to heavy opioids because it does work! I’m only giving it a lower rating as it didn’t take all my pain away and lead to other issues."

Ash27 (taken for less than 1 month) June 5, 2018

Toradol (ketorolac) for Pain: "Went to the ER with a migraine, second day of migraine and had to get relief. I had to fly the next day. Was given Toradol, Benadryl and an anti nausea medication. Left the ER two hours late and felt much better. Still experienced some mild nausea the next day but the pain was gone. I do not tolerate Imatrex so this drug helped me without making me feel any lingering side effects. I plan on asking my doctor for a prescription if I ever need it again."

Cltcqeen (taken for less than 1 month) May 21, 2018

Toradol (ketorolac) for Pain: "I was given Toradol injections to help with both sciatic and c-spine pain. It worked great."

Beth (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 18, 2018

Toradol (ketorolac) for Postoperative Pain: "Toradol can be very dangerous and the drug company is trying to make it sound like it is the "cure all" for narcotic pain control. Did they tell you that Toradol is like ibuprofen? Did they tell you it can cause ulcers? This is not the drug for pain control. We have morphine and dilaudid, which provide excellent relief without gut bleeds and ulcers, along with blood thinning. All the hospitals are worried about is the opioid crisis (that they created by handing them out like candy), but no one wants to talk about the methamphetamine crisis that is ruining this country. How about dealing with that, and let me give my poor patients some pain relief with morphine or dilaudid."

Lucygirl RN May 7, 2018

For Pain: "I ended up in ER after severe kidney stone pain started in lower back and abdomen. They first injected morphine and I assumed I would get substantial relief quickly. However to my surprise there was none. A half hour later the ketorolac was injected. The pain disappeared completely in about 5 minutes. I assumed it was a different sort of opioid and was amazed it was an NSAID. Perhaps it works differently on certain kinds of pain but I have never had an experience like this. The one IV DOSE lasted about 6 hours."

Pete (taken for less than 1 month) April 21, 2018

Sprix (ketorolac) for Pain: "I used Sprix today for migraine that’s been going on for about 4 months. I hated it, I tilted my head down and did as it said but still my nose burned so bad. And after that it dripped into my throat which hurt even worse I wanted to cry. This lasted for about 20 minutes and it didn’t even bring me any migraine relief."

lanie (taken for less than 1 month) April 18, 2018

Sprix (ketorolac) for Pain: "The burning in nose was uncomfortable, but bearable when you need pain relief. I have severe low back pain. After first dose I became very nauseous. After second dose, even more nauseous. It was somewhat effective for my pain. However, about 4 hrs of severe nausea, I began vomiting, too. Not the drug for me."

Seashell April 12, 2018