User Reviews for Ketorolac

Also known as: Sprix, Toradol, Toradol IM, Toradol IV/IM

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Ketorolac.

Postoperative Pain
7.5

Pain
7.3

Summary of Ketorolac reviews 7.4 238 reviews

Reviews for Ketorolac

Sprix (ketorolac) for Pain: "I had major ankle surgery. This was one of the medication I was given. You have to keep it refrigerated, but one opened it can be a room temp. I want you to know my throat hurt so bad after surgery too. I had a nerve block done also so I waited till the next day to use this medication. I read about the burning, but didn't realize it was like someone placing burning coals in you nose. I was like omg omg for about 5 mins. Then all of the sudden no pain, not even my throat was hurting anymore. After about 6 hrs. I did it again, it did hurt, but not as bad a the first time. The only thing was when it was wearing off I got a bad headache. Other than that no problems. For someone in moderate to severe pain I would recommend."

Surgery of left ankle (taken for less than 1 month) December 1, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Toradol (ketorolac) for Pain: "I have the equivalent of Sciatica, in my arm. Cannot move it without severe pain, (typing now with one hand!) I have had Sciatica in my leg also, but was able to do stretches to relieve the pain. Cannot find stretches for my arm that work...so on to the Doctor. She gave me a shot of Toradol 15mg/4units...knocked it right out! but a day and half later it came back. I'm taking steroids now, on the 2nd day of the med pack, and still miserable.... Wouldn't wish This on my worst enemy!"

Chele600 November 30, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain: "I have been through just about every as an abortive for migraines, and this is the only thing that has consistently worked. Fioriocet worked for a while, but a tolerance is gained so I was put on ketorolac tabs instead of IM. I can finally live again. I haven't notice any of the side effect either."

no thanks November 30, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain: "I was given this for neck pain. Nothing, no relief at all. This medicine doesn’t work for my sciatica either. I saw some people were given it for kidney stones. I have bad stones & have had several operations to remove them. Hope they never give this med for that. I always get Percocet for those. I don’t see where this medicine is helpful."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) November 20, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain: "I've had chronic back pain for 15+ years. Four years ago I was diagnosed with a bulging torn disc and degenerative disc disease. My doc put me on Norco 10-325 and Fentanyl 75mcg/hr with a new fentanyl patch every 48 hours. After 4 years on these meds she cut me off completely. No weaning off. Cold turkey. All because the DEA is out for opiates. So I went thru withdrawal. I was in extreme pain. Sweating and shaking. 2 days in doc finally prescribes ketorolac. It was amazing! Year's worth of pain vanished. This was my first time taking it in pill form. I've had multiple injections of toradol for back flare ups and they've always worked well. But the pill takes the cake."

America's opioid crisis (taken for less than 1 month) November 19, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Toradol (ketorolac) for Pain: "I had this drug given to me when I was hit by a car as I walked across the street. I couldn’t take meds I was given due to side effects. My pain was so severe I was given a shot of Toradol. What relief! It worked extremely well for me. Four years later I had sciatic nerve pain. I asked my doctor for a shot of Toradol. After three days and nights of extreme pain and discomfort, the Toradol shot took it all away. I am so relieved. No side effects- just good old pain relief!"

Feride (taken for less than 1 month) November 14, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Toradol (ketorolac) for Pain: "So, tonight I decided to go to an E.R for my extremely awful wisdom tooth pain that started about 4-5 days ago. I've not eaten solid foods in 3 days because of it... and the nurse comes in and gives me the shot in my arm. First of all, why give someone a shot that causes pain, when they're already in pain? It felt like the nurse pulled my shoulder out of place when she injected me. I literally could not move my arm for like 20 or so minutes. So yeah, tooth hurt less because I was busy with the awful shoulder pain. Second, did absolutely nothing for my wisdom tooth pain. Now, I'm having pain in my kidney area and soaking in a hot bath trying to figure out why I'd been given this shot, and 800mg of ibuprophen when it clearly says not to mix."

Punk1234 November 13, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Toradol (ketorolac) for Pain: "Couldn't tie my shoes without pain before and after this injection I was able to tie shoes without pain ."

SeeYouToo (taken for less than 1 month) November 6, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain: "I fractured my finger and the doctor told me to take Advil to help with the pain. Advil hardly helped with the pain so I had some of these pills lying around so I decided to see if they worked any better. Let me tell you, they worked WAY better. My pain went from 8/10 to around 2/10."

bthroop (taken for less than 1 month) October 27, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Toradol (ketorolac) for Pain: "I have fibromyalgia and severe costochondritis, dx'd in 2010. After nearly a week of a nasty pain flare and then I fell. That just made it worse, the last straw. So I went to emergency room. Was absolutely shocked they couldn't (by Canadian law) give opioids or anything like that for pain relief when my pain was nearly 3x it usually is. Felt like I totally wasted my time calling the ambulance and waiting for hours to see the emerg doc. Then he offered Toradol and I got a shot of it soon thereafter. I was amazed how it worked, my pain literally just drained away within 10 mins or less. I had not felt that close to being pain free in well over a decade. I cried tears of disbelief and joy. Getting it in pill form asap!"

ShannonH70 (taken for less than 1 month) October 20, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Toradol (ketorolac) for Pain: "I was given Toradol when I went to the ER with severe kidney stone pain. I did not want narcotics and didn't have much hope for Toradol (I'd had it years earlier for migraines, when it did nothing). It worked amazingly well for the kidney stone pain, though -- I had relief within minutes. I did have diarrhea the next day, presumably as a side effect, but that's better than the stone pain."

Bemused October 17, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Postoperative Pain: "Was prescribed this after wisdom teeth removal surgery. Prescribed for a week and took it every 6 hours. So effective that I felt no pain at all while taking it and without any side effect. Hydrocodone/acetaminophen was also prescribed for breakthrough pain, however hydrocodone/acetaminophen caused dizziness and vomiting for me so severe after only taking 1 pill that I stopped immediately. Keterolac is a much better and effective option for me personally."

XW (taken for less than 1 month) September 30, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Toradol (ketorolac) for Pain: "Don't be afraid of this drug it's AMAZING!! I frequently get violent migraines and prefer NON-opioid treatment since I usually drive myself to the Urgent Care or in some cases the ER and don't have help with transportation. I also noticed that I get rebound headaches from opioid based pain meds as with Toradol I do not experience that. Toradol has worked quite well intravenously as well as injected. When I visit the ER they give a cocktail of terodol/methadone/steroid. It's a great combo that covers pain, nausea and inflammation. I personally have a weak/sensitive stomach and do not experience any upset stomach or nausea from it. (however the methadone is given for nausea since I usually am dry heaving from the migraine pain)"

LilmissLo (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 11, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Toradol (ketorolac) for Pain: "Toradol is the medicine they want to use for my kidney stones and chronic migraines. It is not effective for either. I've suffered from over half the month from chronic migraines since 2007 and am now on disability. When the migraines were so bad I'd go to the ER or to my neurologist during office hours. Received toradol usually IM. Even after 2 hours no relief. Now it seems to be the go to for kidney stones. Given to me at the ER. Writhing in pain, vomiting and sweating. No relief. Had to give me other meds. I'm glad this works for some people. Our bodies are different. Was diagnosed with MS in 2011. My body now interprets pain different than a normal person, due to the nerve damage."

auntpammy (taken for less than 1 month) September 11, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Toradol (ketorolac) for Pain: "I was given this medicine as an injection IM for severe migraine and inner ear pain. Nurse literally hit my nerve doing the injection causing pain so bad I can hardly walk even 4 hours since the shot and it had zero effect on my migraine. Now I am having explosive diarrhea. Never taking this drug ever again."

Miserable Mom (taken for less than 1 month) July 18, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Toradol (ketorolac) for Pain: "Ketorolac (toradol) is the ONLY medicine that provides me relief during a fit of migraines. It doesn't relieve physical body pain such as sore muscles, in my back or neck area however it relieves almost all of my migraine related pain and symptoms. For example: when I get migraines my neck will start to hurt, my eyes will go crazy, I'll get tunnel vision and specs everywhere and eventually it goes into a full blur, I get disorientated (not dizzy) very confused and slow... I can't focus because of the throbbing feeling under my skull and eventually I get sick and throw up. Ketorolac will help with all of those symptoms and make them disappear except for the neck pain. I will be feeling clear headed, have my vision back, no pressure in skull."

MigraineJS (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 15, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain: "Well I have a bad toothache and dentist gave me 10 mg of toradol and it didn't do anything for my pain my face is still swollen my teeth still hurt and it's not making me drowsy at all this medication is no good and I do not recommend to anyone"

Vandergulik July 8, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Toradol IV/IM (ketorolac) for Pain: "Didn't do anything for my pain! This stuffs is rubbish."

Rickyyyy June 26, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Postoperative Pain: "I was prescribed this after a laparotomy to remove a grapefruit size cyst in my ovary. They also gave me Demerol, but I noticed it hardly touched my pain level, while 15 minutes after taking Toradol I would have relief. When they discharged me they gave me a 3 day prescription of Toradol and a 30 day prescription of hydrocodone. I asked if I could get more Toradol instead of the hydrocodone and they said no. Sure enough, once my three days of taking Toradol was up I was back to being in discomfort again. The hydrocodone hardly did anything and gave me weird dreams. I ended up tossing it and taking Advil."

TWG74 (taken for less than 1 month) June 14, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain: "I was prescribed 10 mg ketorolac tablets following a kidney stone diagnosis 3 weeks ago. The medicine is very effective for my renal colic, causing acute pain to vanish within 5-10 minutes."

Brandon in North Carolina (taken for less than 1 month) May 28, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Toradol (ketorolac) for Postoperative Pain: "I was prescribed Toradol for pain management after a breast reduction recently, and after spine surgery years ago. I found it ineffective both times. I switched to Tylenol extra strength, which is only slightly better for pain, but without the side effects. After spine surgery, I took one Toradol then threw out the bottle and switched, I also used an ice pack throughout the day. The pain after my breast reduction was much more severe, so I gave the Toradol a few days hoping it would work, but it just gave me horrible stomach pain in addition to the pain from surgery. I don't recommend it for severe pain, and will ask for something else in the future"

Mumford1 (taken for less than 1 month) May 25, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain: "Great medicine for pain but if you take it longer than 5 days it damages your kidneys. Helped with my knee pain and now Im back to dancing."

Miss D. April 24, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Toradol (ketorolac) for Pain: "I was given this medication the first time in a walk in clinic in the form of an IM injection. I don't know the dose but it worked magically! I have been suffering from severe migraines for over 20 years. I also take Zomig as needed. I told my GP about the effects I had with Torodol. I have tried literally everything for my migraines from natural treatment to every recommended medication. Nothing works to stop like this medication and sometimes I have to combine with the Zomig. I'm happy it isn't a narcotic and doesn't give me that looped out feeling. I just want to feel normal and this seems to help when I have severe pain of migraines. The doctor gave me an oral prescription which isn't as fast as the injection but it still seems to work."

shaleblue April 7, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Postoperative Pain: "I was prescribed Ketorolac for 3 days following Hernia surgery. I had zero pain whatsoever. I felt so good I was afraid I might forget about the lifting requirements post surgery."

50 year old dude March 27, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Toradol (ketorolac) for Pain: "I have a herniated L5 degenerative disc disease and arthritis when this flares up I can barely walk! I will go to the ER and get the Toradol shot and within 24 hours I am good and it lasts me for at least 3 months!"

JaeTrem March 12, 2017