User Reviews for Marplan

Depression

Tmltalkin December 25, 2018

For Depression: “I have been on Marplan for 10+ years, after trying All other MAOIs and other classes of Anti-depressants, and without it now for 6+ months. I can't believe that a Company that has made this drug for Decades can not get FDA Approval to continue. It makes No Sense. I am now trying to obtain it thru Clinigen Pharm (Global); and hopefully get some reimbursement from my insurance company ... as it's Not Cheap. I say if Natulis cannot get FDA approval SOON, they should consult with Roche to get the assistance they need. Why keep losing money to another Country on a drug that has been manufactured here in the US for decades. Unless there is something we are not being told. I just hope it gets FDA Approval Again SOON ... Esp for the unfortunate group of people that, like me, really can't function normally without it.”

Jeffabu · Taken for 10 years or more August 15, 2018

For Depression: “I've taken Marplan for 30 years and have seen periodic shortages and transfers from one company to another. Sadly, the formula is now in the rather inept hands of Validus. I suspect they will suspend manufacturing completely now that everyone on it has had to switch to something else. Thankfully, it is manufactured in Europe by Medilink and I get it in Denmark. Not an easy option for most people but worth looking into.”

Marmel22aol.com · Taken for 10 years or more June 27, 2018

For Depression: “Did very well with marplan after problems with nardil and parnate. Ten years use. Some increased appetite. Disgustingly the drug now on manufacturing hold for at least 6 months and not available. Criminal!! ”

mduhe June 15, 2009

For Depression: “Been taking for 27 years. Only drug that had any effect on my profound clinical depression of 15 years duration. Gave me my life back. Some side effects initially but minor compared to the relief of depression. Wish it were more available to more people who are not helped by the more frequently used antidepressants.”

edel55 March 21, 2008

For Depression: “Marplan has been very effective on my bipolar depression. I have been on nearly every antidepressent available with limited or short-term success only. I have been taking Marplan for 3 months and have reduced my symptoms from continious to occasional. My side effects were severe hypotension, muscle pain, weight gain and inability to have orgasms. Everything has gone away except for the last two.”

Peter M. · Taken for 5 to 10 years October 1, 2017

For Depression: “Marplan did an amazing job of keeping my depression away from 2010 through 2017. I'd tried Nardil & Parnate prior but had weight gain/hypomania w/ Nardil and ridiculously high blood pressure after each dose of Parnate. Marplan is sometimes said to be Nardil's weak little sister (as it's also derived from Hydrazine unlike Parnate which is derived from Amphetimine). It worked great for me. No weight gain, was able to perform sexually, and it kept me in a good place. Marplan always felt very clean, I never had a hypertensive issue, but it did the trick. The cost though (LOOKING AT YOU VALIDUS) is robbery. Current insurance $160/month - Jan 1st insurance won't cover so $1500 a month. Nope.”