User Reviews for Marplan

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Marplan.

Depression

Summary of Marplan reviews 9.0 3 reviews

Reviews for Marplan

For Depression "Marplan did an amazing job of keeping my depression away from 2010 through 2017. I'd tried Nardil & Parnate prior but had weight gain/hypomania w/ Nardil and ridiculously high blood pressure after each dose of Parnate. Marplan is sometimes said to be Nardil's weak little sister (as it's also derived from Hydrazine unlike Parnate which is derived from Amphetimine). It worked great for me. No weight gain, was able to perform sexually, and it kept me in a good place. Marplan always felt very clean, I never had a hypertensive issue, but it did the trick. The cost though (LOOKING AT YOU VALIDUS) is robbery. Current insurance $160/month - Jan 1st insurance won't cover so $1500 a month. Nope."

Peter M. (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 1, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "Been taking for 27 years. Only drug that had any effect on my profound clinical depression of 15 years duration. Gave me my life back. Some side effects initially but minor compared to the relief of depression. Wish it were more available to more people who are not helped by the more frequently used antidepressants."

mduhe June 15, 2009

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "Marplan has been very effective on my bipolar depression. I have been on nearly every antidepressent available with limited or short-term success only. I have been taking Marplan for 3 months and have reduced my symptoms from continious to occasional. My side effects were severe hypotension, muscle pain, weight gain and inability to have orgasms. Everything has gone away except for the last two."

edel55 March 21, 2008