User Reviews for Ipratropium to treat Asthma

Also known as: Atrovent, Atrovent HFA, Ipratropium Inhalation Solution, Ipratropium Inhalation Aerosol

Ipratropium has an average rating of 7.6 out of 10 from a total of 8 ratings for the treatment of Asthma. 75% of those users who reviewed Ipratropium reported a positive effect, while 25% reported a negative effect.

Ipratropium Rating Summary

7.6/10 average rating

Compare all 166 medications used in the treatment of Asthma.

Shan6970 · Taken for 10 years or more June 1, 2021

Atrovent HFA (ipratropium): “It's an inhaler it's good”

Anon December 27, 2019

“Was given this drug in combination with albuterol sulfate in a nebulizer in a hospital setting. Each time I have a treatment, my lungs are irritating more, I have a dry cough, very dry mouth, frequent need to urinate.”

Duoneb- nebulizer version · Taken for less than 1 month May 1, 2019

“My 3 year old has asthma, and we have been attempting to find the best routine and combination of inhalers and nebulizer so he doesn't have to use oral prednisone monthly (which he was doing when he was an infant) I didn't see any difference pulmonary wise with plain albuterol nebulizer vs. The Duo- neb, however he went freaking " bonkers" on the duo-Neb. I don't recommend it at all. The pulmicort and xopenox combination nebulizer have had the best and fastest results and less side effects for us. Just wanted to share so others parent might navigate the asthma condition better than we did.”

Anonymous October 1, 2010

Atrovent (ipratropium): “I have used Atrovent (Ipratropium) to control my asthma for several years. I usually make do with salbutamol for maintenance, but Atrovent proves very useful for bad attacks of if my chest gets very tight when I get a cold. Atrovent seems to dry up any phlegm in my chest and ease coughing. The medicine does not work immediately like salbutamol. It works best after 20-30 minutes, but seems to have a longer duration of effect than salbutamol - about 6 hours.”

CFAsthmatic · Taken for 5 to 10 years January 6, 2019

Atrovent (ipratropium): “I use both the nebulized Atrovent and the inhaler version (Combivent.) This significantly helps treat my severe asthma attacks. It works two to three times better than just albuterol alone. For route of administration, the nebulized version works much better than the inhaled version. I only use the inhaled version if I am away from my home, out doing errands or shopping. I also have cystic fibrosis too.”

Kazuk · Taken for 5 to 10 years January 12, 2013

Atrovent (ipratropium): “I also take Seretide but medications used to control my asthma kept increasing until I was put on Atrovent. Beware, one day I woke with one large pupil, got sent to the Dr's then the hospital, thought I had a brain tumor, turned out I must have caught a bit of this in my eye.”

Anonymous February 24, 2012

“Atrovent has really helped me a lot. I take it for Asthma. I am supposed to take it every day but I usually don't do so. I am starting to take it every day from now on. I am supposed to take it twice a day. I notice that when I take it twice a day as prescribed I breathe a lot better than usual and don't have any asthma attacks and if I do have an asthma attack it is very mild.”

Anonymous October 31, 2011

Atrovent (ipratropium): “Works great even as a rescue inhaler”

KG907 September 29, 2016

Atrovent (ipratropium): “This works SO much better than Albuterol! REALLY helps me breathe normally.”

Anonymous October 31, 2011

Ipratropium Inhalation Solution (ipratropium): “Great for rescue nebulizer.”