User Reviews for Ipratropium

Also known as: Atrovent, Ipratropium Inhalation Solution, Atrovent HFA, Ipratropium Inhalation Aerosol

Asthma
8.3

COPD, Maintenance
7.7

Summary of Ipratropium reviews 8.0 13 reviews

Reviews for Ipratropium

For Asthma: "My 3 year old has asthma, and we have been attempting to find the best routine and combination of inhalers and nebulizer so he doesn't have to use oral prednisone monthly (which he was doing when he was an infant) I didn't see any difference pulmonary wise with plain albuterol nebulizer vs. The Duo- neb, however he went freaking " bonkers" on the duo-Neb. I don't recommend it at all. The pulmicort and xopenox combination nebulizer have had the best and fastest results and less side effects for us. Just wanted to share so others parent might navigate the asthma condition better than we did."

Duoneb- nebulizer version (taken for less than 1 month) May 1, 2019

Atrovent (ipratropium) for Asthma: "I use both the nebulized Atrovent and the inhaler version (Combivent.) This significantly helps treat my severe asthma attacks. It works two to three times better than just albuterol alone. For route of administration, the nebulized version works much better than the inhaled version. I only use the inhaled version if I am away from my home, out doing errands or shopping. I also have cystic fibrosis too."

CFAsthmatic (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 6, 2019

Atrovent (ipratropium) for Asthma: "This works SO much better than Albuterol! REALLY helps me breathe normally."

KG907 September 29, 2016

Atrovent (ipratropium) for COPD, Maintenance: "worked on me immediately I had little to no faith in inhalers till this one"

lennys June 25, 2015

Atrovent HFA (ipratropium) for COPD, Maintenance: "This explains my insomnia"

Lizzy68 April 23, 2015

Atrovent (ipratropium) for COPD, Maintenance: "I like this inhaler except for the ridiculous dose counter. It's only worth a 4 rating for that. Who in the world thought this counter would be better? "

toolajr (taken for 10 years or more) July 24, 2013

Atrovent (ipratropium) for Asthma: "I also take Seretide but medications used to control my asthma kept increasing until I was put on Atrovent. Beware, one day I woke with one large pupil, got sent to the Dr's then the hospital, thought I had a brain tumor, turned out I must have caught a bit of this in my eye."

Kazuk (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 12, 2013

Atrovent (ipratropium) for COPD, Maintenance: "This works. It's about the only prescription inhaler that does work. This one works. It is not as good as Primatene Mist but it does work. Side effects including the standard steroid use warning though."

mcpepper111 (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 6, 2012

For Asthma: "Atrovent has really helped me a lot. I take it for Asthma. I am supposed to take it every day but I usually don't do so. I am starting to take it every day from now on. I am supposed to take it twice a day. I notice that when I take it twice a day as prescribed I breathe a lot better than usual and don't have any asthma attacks and if I do have an asthma attack it is very mild."

Anonymous February 24, 2012

Ipratropium Inhalation Solution (ipratropium) for Asthma: "Great for rescue nebulizer."

Anonymous October 31, 2011

Atrovent (ipratropium) for Asthma: "Works great even as a rescue inhaler"

Anonymous October 31, 2011

Atrovent (ipratropium) for COPD, Maintenance: "Up until a recent diagnosis of emphysema, I used Atrovent only if I got a pain in my lungs because of COPD. After a couple of days, pain was gone and I felt good. Now I am using Atrovent 4 times per day, and it continues to be a great medication that I can count on to work."

Anonymous June 25, 2011

Atrovent (ipratropium) for Asthma: "I have used Atrovent (Ipratropium) to control my asthma for several years. I usually make do with salbutamol for maintenance, but Atrovent proves very useful for bad attacks of if my chest gets very tight when I get a cold. Atrovent seems to dry up any phlegm in my chest and ease coughing. The medicine does not work immediately like salbutamol. It works best after 20-30 minutes, but seems to have a longer duration of effect than salbutamol - about 6 hours."

Anonymous October 1, 2010