User Reviews for Humalog KwikPen

Learn more about Humalog KwikPen.

Diabetes, Type 1 2 reviews 71 medications

9.5
Diabetes, Type 2 4 reviews 141 medications

5.8
Summary of Humalog KwikPen reviews 6 reviews 7.7

Reviews for Humalog KwikPen

For Diabetes, Type 1 "I've been a T1 diabetic for 52 years, & am a retired Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE). I and my patients have all had a problem w/Humalog KwikPens: Sometimes a box has not one pen that works. I have followed their (Lilly, the manufacturer) directions (try a new needle, etc), but sometimes you get a batch that doesn't work. You can't get a refund either, so we're "out" hundreds of dollars in co-pays. I've tried several times to contact Lilly and they keep referring me back to the website for answers, which is useless. They also imply that the customers aren't able to use the pens correctly. Amazing that I've been successfully teaching patients for decades on using pumps, pens, etc and never had ANY problems except with these KwikPens. They're unpredictable!"

RetiredCDE&T1Diabetic (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetes, Type 2 "My insurance company changed to Humalog KwikPen; my short response - IT SUCKS! The medicine works well, when I actually get it administered, but their crappy pen just does not work properly. I take 5 to 8 units a few times per day but the pen does not seem to develop enough pressure to push the med into my body."

asiaexec October 28, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetes, Type 2 "My insurance company, Aetna, switched from the Novalog Flex Pen to the Humalog KwikPen and I've had nothing but problems ever since. The Novalog Pen worked very well and I never had any issues with it. Since switching to the Humalog Pen, I've had constant problems getting it to work properly. The part that gets pushed down often gets stuck and it becomes impossible to administer the insulin that I need to manage my Type 2 Diabetes. I don't understand why the insurance companies have to change from a perfectly good product to one that is substandard. I'm contacting Aetna to see if there is any way to switch back to the Novalog FlexPen."

BigDeal January 24, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetes, Type 2 "The pen normally gets stuck in the middle of the each pens use. I normally throw away 1/4 to 1/2 of the medicine"

knack July 6, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetes, Type 1 "This handy little device is great for vacation or just the diabetic on the go."

Anonymous March 17, 2011

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetes, Type 2 "It is the only insulin that gives me instant results (within 5 minutes)."

ad.briggsyahoo.com May 22, 2009