User Reviews for Humalog KwikPen to treat Diabetes, Type 2

Humalog KwikPen has an average rating of 3.6 out of 10 from a total of 12 ratings for the treatment of Diabetes, Type 2. 17% of those users who reviewed Humalog KwikPen reported a positive effect, while 58% reported a negative effect.

Humalog KwikPen Rating Summary

3.6/10 average rating

Compare all 158 medications used in the treatment of Diabetes, Type 2.

Reviews for Humalog KwikPen

Defrauded end user · Taken for 5 to 10 years March 24, 2021

“Humalog KwikPern 200 unit insulin products have been defective for years and continue being defective. Since too much or too little fast-acting Insulin can cause death, this is a very serious matter. The mechanism in those devices ams and skips gears and this is visible as the plunger does not move or moved way too much resulting in too little or too much insulting being injected. Lilly's phone line connects hapless patients to a labyrinth of submenus of byzantine complexity that it is useless, possibly by design.”

Anonymous March 17, 2021

“this is horrible Every single pen sticks in the middle of giving a dose.”

Sweet girl August 15, 2020

“I never had problems with novalog pens but this humalog pen is horrible! I watch my diet carefully so I don't have to use as often but when my blood sugar shoots up I need it. Twice the same pen stopped working so I had to take of back to the pharmacy. Every humalog pen I have used since you have to keep pumping and twisting so that you end up with bruises! It never delivers what you put it on so you actually don't know how much you are injecting! This product is horrible and those making it should either make it right or be accountable!!!”

Deb February 27, 2020

“These pens are terrible. The company should be closed down. They malfunction and some times have to inject my self 3 times to get my dosage. My insurance made me get these but I we I'll pay to use lantis solostar. Dont get this product!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!@!!!!!!!!!!!!”

JJ · Taken for 2 to 5 years August 22, 2019

“The Humalog drug works very well. The Humalog Kwik Pen SUCKS. The pens stick and are very inconsistent with the ease of injection. I used Novalog until I went on Medicare and my drug plan switched me to Humalog. Never had a single problem with the Novalog pens.”

LOST.CUSTOMER April 6, 2020

“I've been using these Humalog Kwikpens for almost 2 years. I have had issues with half of them. They won't inject correctly!! I've tried different things like doing less for each press and sometimes that helps. I've jiggled & moved it and nope.. what annoys me even more is looking at a brand new pen I have to throw away because IT JUST DOESN'T WORK!! I've talked to the pharmacist and they say to contact Novalog, I sent info to novalog and no response.. I will have to ask my doctor to put me on something else. This feeling that you paid for a cheap toy that breaks as soon as you get it home. I do not recommend this AT ALL!!”

BigDeal January 24, 2016

“My insurance company, Aetna, switched from the Novalog Flex Pen to the Humalog KwikPen and I've had nothing but problems ever since. The Novalog Pen worked very well and I never had any issues with it. Since switching to the Humalog Pen, I've had constant problems getting it to work properly. The part that gets pushed down often gets stuck and it becomes impossible to administer the insulin that I need to manage my Type 2 Diabetes. I don't understand why the insurance companies have to change from a perfectly good product to one that is substandard. I'm contacting Aetna to see if there is any way to switch back to the Novalog FlexPen.”

Anonymous · Taken for 6 months to 1 year December 23, 2017

“While this medication works well, the KwikPen is terrible! It gets stuck before the insulin can be used. Having to throw away insulin is just ridiculous, especially at the prices charged! I'm going to ask my doctor for an alternative.”

asiaexec October 28, 2016

“My insurance company changed to Humalog KwikPen; my short response - IT SUCKS! The medicine works well, when I actually get it administered, but their crappy pen just does not work properly. I take 5 to 8 units a few times per day but the pen does not seem to develop enough pressure to push the med into my body.”

Tony Glasscock September 18, 2017

“Called Eli Lilly about their humalog 50/50 pen being stuck on 42 and not moving (still has over 180 units left), I was called a cow (slander) by their agent. Won't use their products anymore, still have the pen lost money on it. Shame on you Eli Lilly”

Anonymous · Taken for 2 to 5 years July 17, 2020

“The Humalog KwikPen insulin works well but I have had the issue of my pens jamming, sticking, and just not working. I called the number on the paper that was in the box with the pens. I spoke to the nicest young man and he helped me fix my pen then gave me some advice on how to avoid these issues in the future. He even got me a replacement because I ended up throwing a broke pen away before I could finish using it (~100 units left).”

knack July 6, 2015

“The pen normally gets stuck in the middle of the each pens use. I normally throw away 1/4 to 1/2 of the medicine”

MacDreamz65 July 6, 2017

“My 3rd pen in 2 months. The pens are awful and after a short use will only dispense half the med then jam.”