User Reviews for Levemir

Learn more about Levemir.

Levemir Rating Summary

7.9/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 163 medications used in the treatment of Diabetes, Type 2.

Reviews for Levemir to treat Diabetes, Type 2

"I was on Levemire and Novolog for several years, excelent controll with A1C's from 5.9 to the high 6.+ hardly ever out of the 6.something range. However, I was recently switched to Toujeo, now my blood levels are anywhere from 80 to nearly 300 (fasting) A1C was recently 7.3, waiting for lab results to see what level my A1C is now. Been on the Toujeo for about 4 months now, thought maybe it would take some time to start working, obviously, different brands work differently for different people just from reading the above remarks..."

Soundweaver (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 15, 2016

"I have tried using this twice (it is the only thing ICH offers) and it has been worse than being on no medication at all. Both excessive glucose levels & dangerous hypoglycemic episodes. Looking for alternatives. Dosage required is double of what I used with Lantus."

SuperBubbe (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 20, 2016

"I have been using this insulin for 2 years, my fasting reads are over 200. I feel tired, muscle and joint pain. I use it along with novorapid, and no effectiveness what so ever. My doctor is certain that this is the right one for me."

nor- khan June 12, 2016

"Very bad joint pain and neuropathy after two weeks"

maureen0905 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 27, 2016

"Levermir caused gas build up."

Catzz April 26, 2016

"Before starting Levemir, I was on Janumet, Glipizide, and Invokana. The Invokana triggered a rapid (over a 3 month period) weight loss from 138 pounds down to 115 pounds. I felt miserable. Thirsty, cotton mouth, constant urination, leakage, etc. My glucose went up from around 130 to an average of 240. My doctor took me off Invokana and started me on Levemir. The results were astounding!! Within a week, my fasting glucose was down to 100 and my weight started to increase. After 2 months, my weight is at 131.. All of the dehydration symptoms are gone!! I can't wait to see what A1C level a month from now (3 months on Levemir) I now feel physically and MENTALLY much better."

JamesRC (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 23, 2016

"I've just started using Levemir Flextouch. I only use it at bedtime. Morning. sugars are 278 or higher. I'm up to 60 units so I'm concerned."

1st Time January 13, 2016

"Has really helped me control my blood sugars."

LtDan107 June 4, 2013

"I have been using Levemir for about 4 years 20 & 20 units twice a day but lately I had to increase to 20/20/20 & when my sugar goes over 160 I will use fast acting Novolog 10-20 units but now I will be trying Bydureon to see if it helps me control my blood sugar."

romeo524 February 19, 2013

"I have been using Levemir for 3 1/2 weeks. My fasting blood sugar went from 208 to 123 and I have lost 9 lbs. It is very easy to use. Feel better than I have in over a year!"

Dmau49 February 18, 2011

"Insulin is the BEST way to control your blood glucose! "

furretz August 9, 2010

"I've been using Levemir for about 2 years. As stated above I have noticed a need for an increased amount. I started at 16 units and now up to 25. My Endocrinologist placed me on Glucophage, Actos, and Glyburide in the last week. I have noticed that my readings have been consistent throughout the day but sometimes runs as low as 74. May have to adjust the amount of insulin. Doctor said it may take a few months for the Actos to kick in. If you don't have an endocrinologist and you are diabetic you need to get one."

Anonymous August 6, 2010

"I have been using Levemir for seven years now and find it to be a very user friendly, but as commented above I have found that a steady increase in dosage is needed to keep the effectiveness of the medicine."

Anonymous July 24, 2010

"I've been on Levemir for approximately 2 years and have found it be quite effective. However, I've also noticed that over time the dosage has had to steadily increase in order to achieve optimum blood glucose levels."

Bono June 16, 2009

"Since I've been using Levermir, I found it to be very rewarding to my cause."

type2 April 21, 2009