User Reviews for Insulin aspart to treat Diabetes, Type 2

Also known as: Novolog, NovoLog PenFill, NovoLog FlexPen, Fiasp

Insulin aspart has an average rating of 6.5 out of 10 from a total of 13 ratings on Drugs.com. 46% of those users who reviewed Insulin aspart found this medicine to be effective for the treatment of Diabetes, Type 2, while 31% found it was not effective.

Insulin aspart Rating Summary

6.5/10 Average Rating

Compare all 161 medications used in the treatment of Diabetes, Type 2.

Reviews for Insulin aspart

MARYMILL · Taken for 1 to 2 years April 17, 2020

Novolog (insulin aspart): “I put on A LOT of weight with this novolog insulin. No diet changes, but gained 60 lbs in a year. I was taking 15 units 3x a day. I kept hearing "hang in there". "give it time to adjust to your body." So now, my blood sugars are worse thanks to the extra weight, thanks to Novolg flex pen. I also experienced not urinating enough, & ankle swelling. Probably because this stuff won't let you urinate. Did it lower my blood sugar? Of course! It's insulin. But at the cost of putting on 60 lbs? Not worth it. I finally stopped it even though my idiot doctor disagreed. Yeah, Doc, I'll keep taking it until I can't fit out of my door way. Ridiculous! I worked hard to lose 60 lbs.”

Scoe · Taken for 2 to 5 years January 6, 2020

Novolog (insulin aspart): “I assume the Novolog insulin is doing what it is designed to do, my complaint is with the delivery pen!!! It gets stuck and will not plunge thereby leaving the insulin unusable. Humalog has a better pen!!!!!”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month August 21, 2019

Novolog (insulin aspart): “Started novalog on Friday. Amazing bloodsugar control. However by Monday I was in the er with chest pains and shortness of breath. Hospital said this medicine caused it. Then I look on their site and it says it right on side effect list. Will never take it again!!!!”

Stitchmama · Taken for 2 to 5 years July 25, 2019

Novolog (insulin aspart): “I take a combination of Novolog R and N. It has worked just as well as the High dollar medications that I had taken in the past. I was taking some high dollar medications and always ran through my insurance coverage after 6 months. After moving back to Kansas from Missouri my specialist here changed me to the Novolog regimen which is all out of pocket but cheaper than 6 month of out of coverage for the high dollar medication.”

John IL May 2, 2019

Novolog (insulin aspart): “Been on Novolog a month, also using Basaglar 30 units a day and Metformin ER. A1c too high at 9.1 so doctor told me I needed to try short acting insulin. Costs is high one pen as $107 I pay $325 for 5 Basaglar pens. Seems like this disease is making drug companies wealthy. I do see improvement when using the Novolog when I take it at big meal when carb intake higher. Has improved fasting levels. But the cost will prevent me from sticking with it. Insurance pays some I hope but I went off Lantus because of costs. I think Lantus worked better then Basaglar but that's just my own observation and experience. I've tried Januvia, Starlix, Victoza, and none really work consistently even being on a low carb diet. Besides the insulin is affecting my weight in a negative way which can't be good for insulin resistance. After awhile the injected insulin probably also become resistant to cell intake. So then you take more and more. Yeah a expensive band aid for a disease that fights back.”

Anonymous · Taken for 2 to 5 years August 17, 2016

Novolog (insulin aspart): “Novolog pen does not glide well when giving yourself a shot. The medication worked well for me with minimal side affects. I have been on it for 2 yrs, but my coupon has expired & I cannot afford it now.”

Rosie2002 · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 25, 2015

NovoLog FlexPen (insulin aspart): “I was switched from Humalog flex insulin to Novolog flexpen and I've noticed that since then I have gained 21 pounds and I'm trying my best exercising eating right I'll lose a pound and gain 3 I need help what should I do?”

5DoxMom · Taken for 5 to 10 years April 29, 2015

Novolog (insulin aspart): “Have used Novolog for 9-10 years. I has reasonably helped with controlling my glucose but has caused considerable weight gain. My units are determined by the carbohydrate count per meal - that has been adjusted from a ratio of 10 to a ratio of 7 per unit. A new endocrinologist has suggested Januvia but the side effects sound horrendous. The other 5 oral medications I've tried over a period of years did nothing positive and actually caused too many gastrointestinal problems. Will decide in 3 months, at next appointment.”

Dia 2 · Taken for 1 to 2 years January 7, 2014

Novolog (insulin aspart): “Good for lowering blood sugar and quick but the side effects were bad, it caused severe itching and a bad rash running down both of the inside of my legs. Heading in to get it changed to something new.”

Gads12 May 17, 2013

Novolog (insulin aspart): “Serious allergic reaction, hives and extreme itching.”

Anonymous August 5, 2011

Novolog (insulin aspart): “After trying several insulin types of medicines which caused severe itching, I was put on Novolog 70/30. At first there were no side effects, then dizziness started to occur and its getting worse, my ankles are starting to swell and I am putting on weight. I'm at my wits end. Novolog is very convenient to use, but unfortunately now I have to go back to doctor and start a new medication and go through trial and error with a new medication which can also be very costly.”

furretz August 9, 2010

NovoLog FlexPen (insulin aspart): “Convenient, easy to use....best blood glucose numbers!”

Velton June 7, 2008

NovoLog FlexPen (insulin aspart): “I have been on it for a little over 1 year and feel it has worked wonders for me.”