User Reviews for Zyclara

Keratosis
7.1

Summary of Zyclara reviews 7.3 39 reviews

Reviews for Zyclara

For Keratosis "My dr prescribed Zyclara for use on some areas on my face she was concerned about. Zyclara gets rids if the cancerous cells. After the first few days it started working, oh boy! To be honest I looked like a drug addict, my face was red with blisters, open sores and itchy. The only side effect I experienced was a mild/moderate headache so the process was very tolerable for me. Second round and very little disruption of the skin. Before you start the treatment you may want to check your calendar for any upcoming events such as weddings, reunions, parties and such because your skin will look terrible during treatment. The initial treatment was awful but the end result and the way my skin looks is well worth the discomfort. Some insurance plans do not cover the cost of Zyclara because it’s extremely expensive. Ask your Dr for coupons or look online as most insurance companies won’t cover it."

KC (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 6, 2018

For Keratosis "Zyclara? My new Ketogenic lifestyle? Summer break? Something is making my skin glow and look youthful. I still have the spots on my face that the Zyclara is supposed to be healing. Wonder if it is working. I have been using it for a full week now."

Juju Bee (taken for less than 1 month) June 9, 2018

For Condylomata Acuminata "This drug is a miracle. I had genital warts, and all the distress that goes with them. They were spreading all over my vulva, down to my anus. Doctor prescribed Zyclara, told me to apply to general area every night. Reading some of the reviews on here freaked me out but I did it anyway. Nothing happened for 3 days. Was despairing, bracing myself for months, years. 4th day it started getting sore. New red spots, blisters, stinging when urinating. Applied it anyway. Next day, more soreness, though nothing so dreadful as some people report. Still no change Decided to give soreness chance to heal, didn’t apply the next 2 nights. When I went to apply it the next night I discovered that the warts had drastically shrunk. I applied it that night, took the next night off. A week and a half after starting, the warts are all gone except for a couple of tiny little bumps. I am SO thrilled and surprised at how fast it worked."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) January 29, 2018

For Keratosis "Two days after I started using Zyclara I had diarrhea for 2 days, lack of appetite for 5 days, flu like symptoms and nausea for 12 days. After 8 days my cleavage had bright red scrapes which most of them were oozing. After 14 days I stopped using Zyclara, and started again after 14 days, according to the instructions on the package insert. Again after 2 days of using Zyclara I had the same symptoms all over again, this time even worse."

Still mad January 5, 2018

For Keratosis "I used Zyclara about a year ago with good results. Many lesions appeared on my head and face and the side effects were minimal. I followed the typical application, 2 weeks on, 2 weeks off, and 2 more weeks on. Everything on my head and face completely healed in about 2 weeks after my 2nd application. Recently, I started treatment on my face and head and noticed more lesions appeared. However, into my 2nd week, the side effects were awful. Severe flu like symptoms; lower back pain, nausea, sore throat, head and chest congestion, it sucked! I am not sure why the side effects hit me harder this time around as a year ago the side effects were very minimal. At any rate, I stopped using Zyclara and within 4 days I was back to normal again."

MLH987 (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 14, 2017

For Keratosis "Four years ago, I used Zyclara for two weeks, took a two week break, and continued the second cycle for one week. During the first cycle, I experienced flu like symptoms and the open sores. I had to wear band aids on my face to hide the sores and it was very uncomfortable. However, within 3-4 months, I received numerous comments about my skin and how healthy it looked. I applied a second dose a year ago to isolated areas and did not have any of the severe issues from the first time. My dermatologist recommended stopping the treatment at the first sign of open sores or major irritation, but I never had to follow that advice. Although the first application results were extreme and unexpected, I am glad that I did it."

V G R December 9, 2017

For Keratosis "I am currently using Zyclara for a basal cell in my ear. I have had this before about 7 years ago and used Aldara at the time that completely cured it. I was prescribed this cream this time at my doc's recommendation because it is a little milder than Aldara and the skin is thinner in the ear. I have been using this now for 3 weeks without any breaks and have 3 more weeks to go as per my derm. I haven't had any flu like symptoms and side effects are just on the treated area, extreme swelling, raw skin, oozing, redness, slight burning and scabbing. I started with one spot that looked like a pimple and with the cream came many more. Once I'm done I am hoping obviously that my basal cell is gone and my ear looks like an ear again."

Staceymp June 23, 2017

For Keratosis "First let me start by saying that I have RA, and I used this cream for 11 days. Went through the whole red, blistering, scab and now smoother skin however, I did experience all the flu like symptoms and continue to feel horrible after almost 3 weeks off of this cream. My RA has flared, which has been controlled by medicine for 8 years, and I'm wondering if it is from the Zyclara. I really wish that I had not used this cream and I would warn anybody with RA to stay away from it."

dbhbunny (taken for less than 1 month) October 26, 2016

For Keratosis "Had been on the Zyclara, putting it on my chest only, for 10 days when I experienced high fever, chills, shortness of breath, nausea, sore throat, aching joints, headache, numbness in my fingers, metallic taste in my mouth, dry mouth and extremely tired. Dr. told me to stop. Symptoms still continue after 5 days off. He refuses to say it's from the cream, but I am never sick and only became sick after being on the cream. Hopefully, the cream will have done it's job and after the redness and spots disappear, I will have a clear chest again. It is a chemotherapy cream, so no wonder there will be side effects. Stupid doctor for not taking responsibility for this!!!!"

Browniebaker (taken for less than 1 month) September 21, 2016

For Keratosis "Just finished my second course of two weeks on/two off/two on. I pray this works! The side effects I experienced were between moderate to severe (flu like, headache, upset stomach). My nose looks like I burned off the entire end/tip. It is very sore, crusting, oozing- very ugly. But if this is the price I pay for the medicine to hopefully work, I've sucked it up! I had MOHS March of 15 and the new treatment spot is adjacent to the old scar. Praying this works..."

No more sun (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 13, 2016

For Keratosis "I have been using this cream on the front of my ear for a week. There is swelling itching crusting and so much oozing it will drip down my face. Around day 5 I started feeling tired and weak. Then day 6 and 7 I have felt like I have the flu..I feel awful. Lymph nodes seem swollen and throat is sore. My lower back hurt as well one day but not everyday. I was worried the fluid dripped down into my ear canal. My doctor told me to stop using it and come back to see him in 3 wks.."

Tpmaines August 10, 2016

For Keratosis "I am on day 11 of a 14 day cycle and the first week I experienced flu like symptoms i.e., achy muscles, fatigue & head aches. My only side effect now is a slight headache. I am using Zyclara on my face (temples, forehead and cheek) and my face is looking pretty ugly right now. It looks like an awful outbreak of acne and is very raw. I have more than a few scabs and a lot of redness where I have been applying the cream. It is very itchy and tender and to be honest, while I am still in the middle of all of this, I have questioned whether I would do it again. I guess it would be better to answer that in a couple of weeks. I have wanted to stop using it but it is like swimming half way across a lake. I think I will be happy in a couple of weeks"

Esteban Yan February 13, 2016

For Keratosis "I've been on zyclara close to a year. Only off of it for about 3 weeks in a year. My limbs are covered with hundreds of actinic keratosis and I also have had squamous cell carcinoma removed. I am now experiencing swollen and tender lymph nodes under my arms and in my groin. Is this aside affect of the zyclara or is this a sign that the cancer squarmous cell has spread. Any info would be appreciated"

Jeannewood (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 11, 2015

For Keratosis "I took Zyclara for 5 days and unfortunately had to discontinue due to acute side effects including fever, flu like symptoms, nausea, lack of appetite and fatigue. I have been off now for 4 days and other than the fever being slightly lower, the symptoms continue. I used it on my entire face which is swollen and covered in bright red sores, some draining. This has been a very negative experience for me but that's the chance I took hoping the benefits would outweigh the side effects. I believe I may have an immune issue and plan to further investigate that as I seem to get sick a lot and am easily fatigued."

TMC2 December 9, 2015

For Keratosis "No side effects at all. No problems at all. Had two spots on my back that are gone. Thanks doc for recommending this treatment."

roxiemoxie (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 1, 2015

For Keratosis "I am a female in my late 60s, and on day 13 of the 1st round of 14. After tomorrow, I will be off 2 weeks, and back on for 2 weeks. I am using it on my temples and forehead. Luckily, I have a lot of hair to cover the red spots that have surfaced on my temples. However, I have had NO flu like symptoms, NO fatigue, NO stomach problems. Nothing.....just a bunch of ugly red spots"

Anonymous November 23, 2015

For Keratosis "I noticed a bothersome "pimple" that never healed on my back a few yrs ago. After biopsy the dermatologist diagnosed it as basal cell. She lasered it twice for removal. I noticed another spot on my left shoulder, and 3 more spots on my chest 6 mos ago. I have no insurance so Dr suggested Zyclara cream. My first session was 1 week on, 1 week off, then another on and another off. It brought out more spots (which shocked me) in my cleavage and upper chest area. She put me on a second session of 2 weeks on, 1 week off, 2 weeks on. I just finished that session, and other than the new lesions that appeared from the cream, the original spots are almost gone. I have had no apparent negative side effects while using this cream."

Ren1313 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 5, 2015

For Keratosis "4 days in on first 2 weeks. Using on arms and face. Put vaseline on lips, under eyes and in nostrils to protect from cream. So far no reaction at all. I know I have many pre cancer and thought I would light up like a Christmas tree but so far so good. Maybe it's coming but time will tell."

luckysofar (taken for less than 1 month) July 3, 2014

For Keratosis "I have only used Zyclara for 3 nights, but last night after I applied it to my face and neck, I started coughing and filling funny in my throat. It only lasted about 20 minutes, but will try again tonight and see if I have the same reaction. List of side effects did list this condition. I want to love this cream but am afraid I may have to quit it."

RamonaLea (taken for less than 1 month) May 31, 2014

For Keratosis "Just to let people know there are some side effects. I got fatigue, swollen and sore lymph nodes, constant thirst, and I don't ever have anything like that happen usually I am a very healthy person so it surprised me. I used Carac about ten yrs ago and didn't have any side effects."

Zyclara user (taken for less than 1 month) May 8, 2014

For Keratosis "26 spots came out the first week. A few were very big (larger than a pencil eraser) and they oozed like a greenish pus. but....only a tiny bit of itching during the healing weeks. Seemed to work great!"

SusanJD (taken for less than 1 month) March 12, 2014

For Keratosis "I used Zyclara for 2 months, applying it for a week and then taking a week off. I have to say, it does work. I had many pre-cancer spots on my forehead, face and shoulders, that stayed there for years, despite annual freezing treatments. Zyclara cleared up these spots, and they seem to be gone permanently. As for side effects, it was a terrible experience, but only for the first couple of weeks. Basically, the first week of treatment was Hell, the second week was Heck, and the third and fourth weeks were Gosh and Golly. So, only the first week of treatment was painful. For that first week of treatment, it was like being hit with both a body-aching flu and a sleeping sickness at the same time."

Max Moore January 23, 2014

"Have been using 6 days straight. No change in my daily activities, no apparent side effects."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) January 19, 2014

For Keratosis "Have finished my first two week application and am about to start the second. I'm a 44 yo fair skinned male who rarely wore sunscreen as a kid and had my share of sunburns. Had a few Actinic Keratosis spots that kept coming back so doc put me on Zyclara for my forehead and cheeks. After reading the horror stories I was absolutely dreading it. To my delight the side effects were not bad at all, and I just had 4-5 spots flare up that looked like acne. I never post to things like this, but I hope some see this and know that not all people have the horrible effects of it. I can certainly sympathize with the ones who do though."

Scott876123 December 31, 2013

For Keratosis "I feel much better after reading the experiences of others, which are so like mine. I'm a 44 yr old Florida native who spent way too many hours in the sun. I had my first basal cell excised at age 26; several more removed through MOHs, and Actinic Keratosiss "frozen" off, since. I tried Carac on my chest last year with little response. Now on day 13 of using Zyclara on my chest and shoulders and -- wow. By day 2, I had spots appear & the number of red, swollen, itchy lesions has multiplied every day since. I do NOT think I would be brave enough to use Zyclara on my face, given my significant (and unsightly) response. It IS uncomfortable, but hopefully worth it. Fabric-covered cool packs, ibuprofen and Neutrogena Excema Essentials cream has helped."

Sunburn girl November 14, 2013