User Reviews for Flector Patch

Pain 7.1

Reviews for Flector Patch

Waldo · Taken for 2 to 5 years June 4, 2020

For Pain: “Been using Flector patches along with Lidocaine patches for several yeas and have really good luck. I have a couple herniated discs and bad hip so only 12 hours On left a lot of pain the other 12 Hours Off. Alternating gives me relieve for 24 hours and they are totally different medications. I've had no skin problems and they stay on really well. I'm pretty active yet and on occasion one might roll up a little but that's it. I sometimes need 3 at one time and no issues. If I have a small area that's giving me fits I cut in halves or quarters and they still stay on, even on my neck. With Flector you can take acetaminophen but that's it unless you have hydrocodone or oxycodone which is also safe but not advised. With Lidocaine patches are supposed to be safe with other pain relievers like Aleve or aspirin and has less interactions than Flector but some people may still have issues so be very careful.”

Runawaydisk · Taken for 6 months to 1 year January 23, 2020

For Pain: “These patches just don't seem to work at all for me. Was given samples for my severe tennis elbow, didn't feel ANY type of relief; even a tiny bit would have helped. Later on, was given a prescription for them for my my back pain. Have yet to feel any type of relief. I can barely walk, was hoping a combo of pain meds and the patches would help ... nope.”

Swimmer in Summer · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 17, 2019

For Pain: “The Flector patch doesn't adhere well to the body for one thing. It helps a little with arthritis pain but not as well as I had expected. I wore a piece of the patch for only 6 hours and had terrible gas and stomach pains. I suppose I will try wearing it for only 3 hours at a time and then 3 hours off, and evaluate the side effects afterwards to determine if it is worth it to continue using it. I have always been sensitive to medicines, so I may need to look into some natural methods. I certainly do not believe the Flector patches are worth the exaggerated price.”

DrosieD · Taken for 5 to 10 years September 3, 2019

For Pain: “I know it’s time to change patch. My current doctor wanted me to use 1 patch for 12 hrs then off 12 hours. 12 hours off is torture. I use 1 patch, change after 12 hours and I’m fine.”

Cathy · Taken for less than 1 month July 18, 2019

For Pain: “I've tried this twice for severe shoulder pain due to tendonpathy brought about by 4 muscles on my right shoulder being messed up. Physical Therapy didn't work, chiropractor didn't work, my doc gave me samples of these and they haven't helped yet. She gave me a steroid shot yesterday in my shoulder which has helped so much. But with that pain gone I now feel my other shoulder and neck pain. So, out of desperation I'm trying these again, hoping to get some sleep.”

MLL · Taken for less than 1 month May 19, 2019

For Pain: “Used the diclofenac patch for back and leg pain. It was like I used nothing at all. I used for 5 night in a row and it did not lessen pain, in fact I had increased pain when the weather was cold. Completely ineffective for post lumbar fusion pain and CRPS in my leg. I was given samples from my physical medicine doctor and he will try to convince me it helped, even though it did not. I would never pay for these patches, they are ineffective for me.”

Jase · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 24, 2019

For Pain: “I've heard and seen a ton of good reviews for Flector patches, but they just don't work for me. I was prescribed them for my torn labrum, rotator cuff, and coracohumeral ligment in my shoulder. I didn't expect complete relief but I was hoping they would at least help a little bit. I didn't have any side effects and it didn't make anything worse, but they just didn't work. It's like they weren't even there. Based on other reviews they clearly work for some people, they just weren't for me.”

Matt · Taken for less than 1 month January 16, 2019

For Pain: “Pros: >Worked great for my pulled Psoas muscle in my lower back >Does not cause the stomach issues of Ibuprofen >Can cut into shapes that work on almost any area Cons: >Price (coupon helps) >Not as effective on deep injuries - knee meniscus >Shelf life (not sure if you can store in the fridge) Bottom line: Highly recommended for muscle/joint pain close to the surface if you can get them for a good price”

koldfushen · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 7, 2019

For Pain: “I have had musculoskeletal pain in both my lower back and presently my left shoulder due physical injuries that are taking some time to heal. Was able to initially get the flector patch and have nothing but good things to say about it, except the cost. Initially I got a prescription with a copay price of price of $10. Then 8 months later was told that my insurance wouldn't cover it and it will cost me $400, which I can not afford. This sucks, Pfizer Inc that makes them needs to read these comments.”

Dazy · Taken for less than 1 month October 2, 2018

For Pain: “Had a script for the patch 5 years ago. I am having a really bad flare, so my doctor gave me a new script today. I really don't know if it is helping yet. They have helped previously though. I just want to share. There is a coupon to get the script for 4 dollars. My insurance is usually not the greatest. But I was surprised they covered this script. It would of been 50 copay. Coupon worked! 4 dollar for 60 patches. Hope this info is helpful”

Jodina · Taken for 10 years or more June 21, 2018

For Pain: “I had an operation on my Achilles tendon and after going for physical therapy, and after being hurt doing one of the exercises, I am left with chronic, debilitating pain. I can't get Lidocaine patches because insurance won't pay for them. The doctor gave me a prescription for Flector Patches. There is no way on God's earth I can afford paying for those patches. It was told to me that if I contacted Pfizer, I could get help. Because of my income, I have gotten the Flector patches for free. They help some days, and other days, they don't.”

Wayne June 14, 2018

For Pain: “I have chronic pain , and at 70 I have tried almost everything and these really have given me some relief. Unfortunately the VA doesn’t want to give them to me lol. They are to expensive for the veterans but my wife has insurance through the VA and she gets them with no problem. Go figure.”

good time charlie June 7, 2018

For Pain: “These are great if you just give them time. That dull aggravating pain in my shoulder is gone. They last a good while also ...Just give them time if you are in pain.”

MzLoriB · Taken for less than 1 month May 22, 2018

For Pain: “Wonderful patch!! The difference in my pain level is like night and day!! I’ve experienced none of the side effects, except a little dizziness once or twice...it’s well worth the risk and cost!! Love it!!”

John · Taken for less than 1 month February 28, 2018

For Pain: “I suffer from pain in my lower back due to a car wreck injury over 30 years ago. I also suffer from psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis. I had asked my doctor for lidocane patches and she said I would have a rough time getting them approved by insurance, so she prescribed the Flector patch. I was worried about using them because the instructions war about placing over broken skin. There is no place on my back I can place the patch without touching a patch of psoriasis. I quit taking ibuprofen months ago. I am a professional singer and it was effecting my vocal chords. I decided to try the patch last night and woke up at 2:30 am with severe pain in my left leg. It felt like my knee was going to explode. The pain went away about 30 minutes after I removed the patch. I have 3 boxes of these patches and they are headed for the trash.”

Wynnie February 23, 2018

For Pain: “My doctor prescribed the patch for my great toe which was extremely painful with bone spurs. I wrapped a patch around my toe and I have absolutely NO PAIN!! I love it. It was painful to walk everyday for the last 6 months. I wish I would have seemed treatment sooner!!”

Jaimee B · Taken for less than 1 month February 22, 2018

For Pain: “I was sent home with samples because my insurance wouldn’t cover them and there is no way I can afford to pay over $350 for them. He called in a prescription for Voltaren gel that would be covered by my insurance however he wanted to see which one would work best. I have Bursitis in my right hip and a large Annulus Tear in my lower back. The patches were a godsend. Unfortunately the gel didn’t work at all and actually made my skin where I applied it overly sensitive to touch. It really sucks that Flector patches are so expensive because so many insurances won’t cover them. If they worked 100% for me I would do anything to come up with the money however living on a fixed income that would mean not paying my rent. It really sucks because I’ve been sober for over 11 years so narcotics are absolutely out of the question however I’ve learned drug companies never take any of that into consideration..”

KrissyO · Taken for less than 1 month February 17, 2018

For Pain: “I have severe pain in my lower and upper back, neck, shoulder blades, hips and into my chest area due to ankylosing spondylitis or fibromyalgia (my dr wasn’t sure). My pain lately is at a steady, debilitating 10+ all day, everyday lately despite gabapentin, Percocet and stretching and resting. I put three on tonight (I may regret that later IDK) but both shoulders and neck started feeling so much better within minutes , I put a 3rd on my lower back. I do have GI issues and a recent bout with Meloxicam made me bleed internally so the dr suggested these. I do feel better but I do get nauseated easily so we’ll see how I fare later tonight and tomorrow. So far VERY good!”

Linny CW February 14, 2018

For Pain: “I have Osteoarthritis. Severe Tri-compartmental Osteo in my Right knee currently. They work OK. Not a miracle pain reliever. My co-pay on insurance was $75, so I had the $20 coupon. I paid $20 for 60 patches=30 day supply. As long as your co-pay is $80 or less, you will pay only $20. Anything above the $80 will be the difference you pay on top of the $20 coupon. Ex; if your co-pay was $85, you pay $20 + $5 as the difference= $25. I am surprised how many people say their insurance is great but doesn't pay for this. I guess GREAT insurance is subjective. I have just had my first Synvisc injection as well, so i think it is working well in part with that.”

QR · Taken for less than 1 month February 6, 2018

For Pain: “I have 2 ruptured tendons in my left ankle.. I was given the Flector prescription along with a 20$ saving card. That saving card was the red flag. Now keep in mind I have great insurance but talk about a SCAM. Retail without insurance for a 30 day supply is $467.99.. now with my insurance along side the 20$ saving, my out of pocket would be $396.99. I laughed once I was given the cost and I said, "Will you look at that my ankle already feels better." What a shame.. ”

Pokeabo1 February 6, 2018

For Pain: “My doctor prescribed Flector patches for my chronic neck and shoulder pain. I took the prescription to the pharmacy and was told my insurance company wouldn't cover them. I have good insurance but they never want to cover stuff like this. It took me a good month to get them to cover them, but my portion would be $100 for 30 patches. I tried the patches and they did nothing for me. I'm pretty upset that I had to go through all kinds of drama to get the patches and then they don't work. I give them a score of 1.”

Totally Disgusted January 8, 2018

For Pain: “I was given some samples of this by the pain management doctor and they slightly worked so I asked for a prescription. I have excellent insurance, but when the pharmacy called me to say my co-pay would be $441.00, I told him to forget it! Just got off the phone with Pfizer to tell them what I thought of their coupon program. $20 off $441.00 certainly doesn't help! I did NOT fill the prescription. HIGHWAY ROBBERY!”

Lusky · Taken for less than 1 month December 17, 2017

For Pain: “Got a prescription for the patches a month ago and never bothered to fill it. I finally did and I like it so far. I think the longer you use it the more effective it will be. Reading all these posts only leads me to think that everyone is so different and you probably should try them yourself.”

Cat865588 November 27, 2017

For Pain: “Diclofenac is an NSAID. So, it relieves inflammation and the pain caused by it very well for me. Takes my sacroiliac joint dysfunction (SI joint pain) down to a level that I can live with. Usually it's so distracting and bothersome that I suffer extreme insomnia and low quality of life.”

Ksprad November 1, 2017

For Pain: “Caused severe heartburn!”