User Reviews for Flector Patch

Pain
7.4

Summary of Flector Patch reviews 7.5 72 reviews

Reviews for Flector Patch

For Pain "Had a script for the patch 5 years ago. I am having a really bad flare, so my doctor gave me a new script today. I really don't know if it is helping yet. They have helped previously though. I just want to share. There is a coupon to get the script for 4 dollars. My insurance is usually not the greatest. But I was surprised they covered this script. It would of been 50 copay. Coupon worked! 4 dollar for 60 patches. Hope this info is helpful"

Dazy (taken for less than 1 month) October 2, 2018

For Pain "I had an operation on my Achilles tendon and after going for physical therapy, and after being hurt doing one of the exercises, I am left with chronic, debilitating pain. I can't get Lidocaine patches because insurance won't pay for them. The doctor gave me a prescription for Flector Patches. There is no way on God's earth I can afford paying for those patches. It was told to me that if I contacted Pfizer, I could get help. Because of my income, I have gotten the Flector patches for free. They help some days, and other days, they don't."

Jodina (taken for 10 years or more) June 21, 2018

For Pain "I have chronic pain , and at 70 I have tried almost everything and these really have given me some relief. Unfortunately the VA doesn’t want to give them to me lol. They are to expensive for the veterans but my wife has insurance through the VA and she gets them with no problem. Go figure."

Wayne June 14, 2018

For Pain "These are great if you just give them time. That dull aggravating pain in my shoulder is gone. They last a good while also ...Just give them time if you are in pain."

good time charlie June 7, 2018

For Pain "Wonderful patch!! The difference in my pain level is like night and day!! I’ve experienced none of the side effects, except a little dizziness once or twice...it’s well worth the risk and cost!! Love it!!"

MzLoriB (taken for less than 1 month) May 22, 2018

For Pain "I suffer from pain in my lower back due to a car wreck injury over 30 years ago. I also suffer from psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis. I had asked my doctor for lidocane patches and she said I would have a rough time getting them approved by insurance, so she prescribed the Flector patch. I was worried about using them because the instructions war about placing over broken skin. There is no place on my back I can place the patch without touching a patch of psoriasis. I quit taking ibuprofen months ago. I am a professional singer and it was effecting my vocal chords. I decided to try the patch last night and woke up at 2:30 am with severe pain in my left leg. It felt like my knee was going to explode. The pain went away about 30 minutes after I removed the patch. I have 3 boxes of these patches and they are headed for the trash."

John (taken for less than 1 month) February 28, 2018

For Pain "My doctor prescribed the patch for my great toe which was extremely painful with bone spurs. I wrapped a patch around my toe and I have absolutely NO PAIN!! I love it. It was painful to walk everyday for the last 6 months. I wish I would have seemed treatment sooner!!"

Wynnie February 23, 2018

For Pain "I was sent home with samples because my insurance wouldn’t cover them and there is no way I can afford to pay over $350 for them. He called in a prescription for Voltaren gel that would be covered by my insurance however he wanted to see which one would work best. I have Bursitis in my right hip and a large Annulus Tear in my lower back. The patches were a godsend. Unfortunately the gel didn’t work at all and actually made my skin where I applied it overly sensitive to touch. It really sucks that Flector patches are so expensive because so many insurances won’t cover them. If they worked 100% for me I would do anything to come up with the money however living on a fixed income that would mean not paying my rent. It really sucks because I’ve been sober for over 11 years so narcotics are absolutely out of the question however I’ve learned drug companies never take any of that into consideration.."

Jaimee B (taken for less than 1 month) February 22, 2018

For Pain "I have severe pain in my lower and upper back, neck, shoulder blades, hips and into my chest area due to ankylosing spondylitis or fibromyalgia (my dr wasn’t sure). My pain lately is at a steady, debilitating 10+ all day, everyday lately despite gabapentin, Percocet and stretching and resting. I put three on tonight (I may regret that later IDK) but both shoulders and neck started feeling so much better within minutes , I put a 3rd on my lower back. I do have GI issues and a recent bout with Meloxicam made me bleed internally so the dr suggested these. I do feel better but I do get nauseated easily so we’ll see how I fare later tonight and tomorrow. So far VERY good!"

KrissyO (taken for less than 1 month) February 17, 2018

For Pain "I have Osteoarthritis. Severe Tri-compartmental Osteo in my Right knee currently. They work OK. Not a miracle pain reliever. My co-pay on insurance was $75, so I had the $20 coupon. I paid $20 for 60 patches=30 day supply. As long as your co-pay is $80 or less, you will pay only $20. Anything above the $80 will be the difference you pay on top of the $20 coupon. Ex; if your co-pay was $85, you pay $20 + $5 as the difference= $25. I am surprised how many people say their insurance is great but doesn't pay for this. I guess GREAT insurance is subjective. I have just had my first Synvisc injection as well, so i think it is working well in part with that."

Linny CW February 14, 2018

For Pain "I have 2 ruptured tendons in my left ankle.. I was given the Flector prescription along with a 20$ saving card. That saving card was the red flag. Now keep in mind I have great insurance but talk about a SCAM. Retail without insurance for a 30 day supply is $467.99.. now with my insurance along side the 20$ saving, my out of pocket would be $396.99. I laughed once I was given the cost and I said, "Will you look at that my ankle already feels better." What a shame.. "

QR (taken for less than 1 month) February 6, 2018

For Pain "My doctor prescribed Flector patches for my chronic neck and shoulder pain. I took the prescription to the pharmacy and was told my insurance company wouldn't cover them. I have good insurance but they never want to cover stuff like this. It took me a good month to get them to cover them, but my portion would be $100 for 30 patches. I tried the patches and they did nothing for me. I'm pretty upset that I had to go through all kinds of drama to get the patches and then they don't work. I give them a score of 1."

Pokeabo1 February 6, 2018

For Pain "I was given some samples of this by the pain management doctor and they slightly worked so I asked for a prescription. I have excellent insurance, but when the pharmacy called me to say my co-pay would be $441.00, I told him to forget it! Just got off the phone with Pfizer to tell them what I thought of their coupon program. $20 off $441.00 certainly doesn't help! I did NOT fill the prescription. HIGHWAY ROBBERY!"

Totally Disgusted January 8, 2018

For Pain "Got a prescription for the patches a month ago and never bothered to fill it. I finally did and I like it so far. I think the longer you use it the more effective it will be. Reading all these posts only leads me to think that everyone is so different and you probably should try them yourself."

Lusky (taken for less than 1 month) December 17, 2017

For Pain "Diclofenac is an NSAID. So, it relieves inflammation and the pain caused by it very well for me. Takes my sacroiliac joint dysfunction (SI joint pain) down to a level that I can live with. Usually it's so distracting and bothersome that I suffer extreme insomnia and low quality of life."

Cat865588 November 27, 2017

For Pain "Caused severe heartburn!"

Ksprad November 1, 2017

For Pain "Works great but the side effects are awful! Uncontrollable nausea & severe heartburn. Yes, this is an NSAID that’s still absorbed by your body... if you have severe, chronic digestive issues and can’t take oral NSAIDS you can’t be on this patch!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 12, 2017

For Pain "This is an anti inflammatory. If you have a serious inflammatory response in your system, this will take time to reduce your pain. It is not like oral pain relievers with near immediate results. Patience is needed. If you're having trouble with it adhering to the skin, make sure the area is free from oils, either naturally or lotions or soap residue. I have no problems at all with them. My RA flared up in addition to my cocyx broken off, literally. The pain was so severe that oral meds weren't effective. It took several days to feel the beginning of relief, and I've improved steadily. If you've used these short term and are the impatient type, chill out and give them a chance. They do work."

Orange-Jo (taken for less than 1 month) July 19, 2017

For Pain "My Dr prescribed me flector patch for a disk herniation and disk bulge...he gave me a sample...it does absolutely nothing!!!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) July 18, 2017

For Pain "I was prescribed the Flector Patch a little over a month ago for rotator cuff aggravation. I also suffer from osteoarthritis in my knees with one having had meniscus surgery 3.5 years ago, and also sciatica and disc herniation in lower back ect. I cannot take NSAIDs orally because they affect my heart rate and blood pressure . I am extremely sensitive to medication. My ortho doctor prescribed these to try for my shoulder and I was pleasantly surprised that they help as much as they do. I have since tried them for a sciatica flare up, worked very well, and also cut one in half and put each half on a knee last night because I was in a lot of pain , knees are great today! Tape to reinforce, stretch patch 1st . I only use as needed not daily."

donna (48) (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 15, 2017

For Pain "Painful osteoarthritis in both thumbs; Celebrex works but side-effects terrifying. GP prescribed these. I expected same relief with fewer side effects (s-e's)--possible s-e's turn out to be same. Have used for only 24 hours with some pain relief. But try cutting these in half and wrapping around thumb down to lower joint, surprised they stay on fairly well but they are ugly white, I can't wear out of the house. Besides, nowhere does it say they are for arthritis pain, just minor aches, sprains, strains etc. Afraid to use continually or long term due to s-e's. Terribly expensive for just an NSAID with terrible potential side-effects. (1 box with insurance $140, on retirement)"

Osteo sufferer May 12, 2017

For Pain "Useless. Tried for several days on torn rotator cuff and hip labrum. Thought I could get same relief from ibuprofen but maybe without the nosebleed side effects. But got no relief at all. Waste of $20 coupon. Notice many of the positive reviews are from those also using OxyContin."

247W (taken for less than 1 month) March 19, 2017

For Pain "I have been using these off and on for years. Best relief after using as directed for about 48 hours, using a new patch every 12 hours. This medication is for inflammation so it takes a little while for swelling to subside enough for pain relief. I use along with oxycodone and muscle relaxers and honestly think I get more relief from the patches. They are just so expensive I can only fill my prescription once my deductible is met for the year and even then I have to download a coupon. My cost for a full month is about $70. Much better than almost $600!"

1108Kimbo January 24, 2017

For Pain "I'm currently using it for a herniated thoracic disc that is so bad, it radiates through my ribs and sends electrical current to my abs causing cramping. I've had the patch on for 8 hours and feel no different at all. Had to use gauze tape because there is basically no adhesive on the patch itself. I think it's nothing more than aspirin? Waste of $50."

Tolly (taken for less than 1 month) November 24, 2016

For Pain "works good if you use three of them at the same time. Suffered Spinal injury in AFG. Multiple Surgeries did little to fix problem. I am happy that I am walking. Pain is usually severe enough that Only the Colorado patch works. These are for when I'm not in Colorado. Have to use 3 to get any results though. They could use a better adhesive. 100mph tape works best to hold them on."

Sparky Thundercrash November 21, 2016