Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Nov 11, 2021.
General Dosing Instructions
Use the lowest effective dosage for the shortest duration consistent with individual patient treatment goals [ see Warnings and Precautions (5)].
The recommended dose of FLECTOR is one (1) topical system to the most painful area twice a day both in adults and pediatric patients 6 years of age and older.
- Inform patients that, if FLECTOR begins to peel-off, the edges of the topical system may be taped down. If problems with adhesion persist, patients may overlay the topical system with a mesh netting sleeve, where appropriate (e.g. to secure topical systems applied to ankles, knees, or elbows). The mesh netting sleeve (e.g. Curad ® Hold Tite™, Surgilast ® Tubular Elastic Dressing) must allow air to pass through and not be occlusive (non-breathable).
- Do not apply FLECTOR to non-intact or damaged skin resulting from any etiology e.g. exudative dermatitis, eczema, infected lesion, burns or wounds.
- Do not wear a FLECTOR when bathing or showering.
- Wash your hands after applying, handling or removing the topical system.
- Avoid eye contact.
- Do not use combination therapy with FLECTOR and an oral NSAID unless the benefit outweighs the risk and conduct periodic laboratory evaluations.
More about Flector Patch (diclofenac topical)
- Side effects
- Drug interactions
- During pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Reviews (83)
- Pricing & coupons
- En español
- Drug class: topical non-steroidal anti-inflammatories
- Latest FDA Alerts (3)
- FDA approval history
Related treatment guides
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.