Generic name: Diclofenac Epolamine 180mg
Dosage form: topical patch
The information at Drugs.com is not a substitute for medical advice. Always consult your doctor or pharmacist.
General Dosing Instructions
Use the lowest effective dosage for the shortest duration consistent with individual patient treatment goals [see Warnings and Precautions (5)].
The recommended dose of FLECTOR PATCH is one (1) patch to the most painful area twice a day.
- Inform patients that, if FLECTOR PATCH begins to peel-off, the edges of the patch may be taped down. If problems with adhesion persist, patients may overlay the patch with a mesh netting sleeve, where appropriate (e.g. to secure patches applied to ankles, knees, or elbows). The mesh netting sleeve (e.g. Curad® Hold Tite™, Surgilast® Tubular Elastic Dressing) must allow air to pass through and not be occlusive (non-breathable).
- Do not apply FLECTOR PATCH to non-intact or damaged skin resulting from any etiology e.g. exudative dermatitis, eczema, infected lesion, burns or wounds.
- Do not wear a FLECTOR PATCH when bathing or showering.
- Wash your hands after applying, handling or removing the patch.
- Avoid eye contact
- Do not use combination therapy with FLECTOR PATCH and an oral NSAID unless the benefit outweighs the risk and conduct periodic laboratory evaluations.