User Reviews for Aldara

6.4
Condylomata Acuminata 2 reviews 6 medications

Summary of Aldara reviews 35 reviews 7.3

Reviews for Aldara

For Human Papilloma Virus "The Dr said I had genital warts and put me on Aldara and said I should use it for 4 weeks, thrice per week. I only used this cream once and within two days the warts started disappearing and within four days it had cleared totally. I used just a pea sized amount and applied it with a cotton swab directly on the warts. It did get a little uncomfortable and itchy after about three hours."

Girlguest (taken for less than 1 month) August 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Basal Cell Carcinoma "My basal cell had recurred after surgical removal. Another removal would have resulted in extensive plastic surgery. The Aldara had no visible effect until the second week. By the fifth week, the area looked horrible and I became concerned. Nevertheless, I continued application and by week eight, I was looking in the mirror at new, fresh, pink skin. Wonderful! Based upon my experience, I think it is generally correct to believe that if there is one basal cell area, the entire face is damaged, even though it is not visible. Therefore, I would recommend using the cream only on the limited, visible lesion. Otherwise, the area of lesions will be large and scary."

Uncle Frank August 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Condylomata Acuminata "I'm a gay male and had developed a killer case of internal and external anal warts about 6 or 7 years ago. I thought I would never again have anal sex because my butt was just so nasty. I went to the derm and she gave me Aldara to try. It didn't really do much. I ended up finding a wonderful proctologist who performed laser surgery on my behind. My butt is completely like new! "

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Basal Cell Carcinoma "Second time on Aldra. The first time I used it on my right temple, nose, and my face. I was covered in red blotches, like scalds, but I don't remember any severe reactions. I can't seem to remember it hurting, and it was worth it. It cleared the persistent and sore bcc on my nose and temple. I now have another bcc on my forehead which has been persistent and shown no sign of healing, and has bleed at times. My GP/doctor has prescribed a course of Aldara and this time I have a much worse reaction, one side of my face has come with very red like swollen spots, blistering, and I have flu like symptoms. But I am sure it will be worth it."

inc August 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Human Papilloma Virus "About 6 month ago I noticed some tiny warts about 13 on the base of my penis so I had them checked from a dermatologist. He told me they look like Boweoid Papulosis and warts. He recommended Aldara and told me to put a thin layer on them for 4 weeks. 3 times a week. Absolutely nothing happened during this period. When I saw him again he gave me another 8 weeks (2 packets). I am on my 8th week now and no change except I think they may be getting slightly bigger. I have not had sex with my partner for the last 6 months and due this problem I am getting more and more depressed. I am losing hope with this medication and am not sure where to turn too. I would be much obliged for any advice given."

Jady123 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Human Papilloma Virus "I had a very large cluster of anal warts. I went to two colon rectal specialists. The first one was a male and insisted that the infection and removal of warts could only be treated via surgery which would have costs close to $10,000 dollars. So I got a second a opinion from a female colon rectal specialist who also felt that surgery was the best option. That being said she allowed me to try Aldara first. Let me just say that Aldara is a miracle drug! After 8 weeks of treatment and monitoring with my doctor, 100% of the warts were gone. Even my doctor was floored that Aldara was able to treat even the worst cases of anal warts. She would have had me surgery the next day if it weren't for Aldara. It's been a year with no recurrence"

Htownguy82 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Human Papilloma Virus "I'm fighting HPV for a year and half now Aldara works but it takes long time be patient it might burn you some times make sure the area is clean and dry avoid using tea tree oil or ACV while on Aldara therapy"

max877 March 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Human Papilloma Virus "I had a wart on my penis which the doctor froze and it disappeared. Later I noticed I had some warts around my anus. I went to the doctor, mortified, and was prescribed with Aldara cream. I used it as prescribed, three times and noticed some pain after the first week but didn't think much of it. I went back to the doctor for a check up and I was prescribed further Aldara cream. The pain after was agony. I had headaches and chemical burning to the point that I couldn't sit down for days. I stopped using the cream and bathed in Epsom Salt and used Aloe Vera. Subsequently I have continued to bathe in Epsom Salt and used Tee-Tree Oil. Although slow it works. Do NOT use Aldara Cream if you can avoid it, natural remedies are better and no pain!"

Horrific Pain February 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Human Papilloma Virus "WORKS FAST! You can see changes already in three days after 1 sachet! I'm amazed by this product! But I suggest once everything is cleared up already, get HPV injected so you're protected!"

Cat1203 (taken for less than 1 month) January 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Keratosis "Have used this product several times over recent years used for facial and scalp keratosis. It definitely works well although skin conditions seem to return after a year or two. Treatment involves application of ointment on week days (i.e. five days, with weekends off) for four weeks. The major side effect I have noticed is flu-like symptoms (coldness and body aches) and tiredness. The several times this has happened I have taken a day's break from treatment before resuming."

Tapper2 December 2, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Human Papilloma Virus "About a year and a half ago I went into the doctor for what they called a uti, that then later was a yeast infection. this went on for months until I couldn't take it. They finally tested me which later was actually chlamydia. Finally a real diagnosis. During this time my vagina was very swollen and I had a spot that's been there for some time. I thought it was a scar as it had never changed but during the swollen period this spot seemed bigger. I've asked several doctors about this spot over time. None were worried. The other day I went into the doctor to have to have it checked she first told me it was a cyst. Now she says it is Genital warts. I went to get a second opinion they confirmed. I've had diarrhea and some upper respiratory problems"

Medicine these days (taken for less than 1 month) November 30, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Human Papilloma Virus "Having genital warts is the worst thing ever for me. It's amazing for you guys who are now free from them. I don't know why some of you were advised to apply it 3 times a week. My doctor said I must apply it only once a week at night, which I think will take long for me to heal! When I applied it for the first time i didn't feel anything just felt as if was applying lotion down there. I think I'll apply it 3 times in a week because seems like they are spreading fast. Thank'yall for Sharing your experiences."

GuksieCool November 3, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Basal Cell Carcinoma "The side effects are terrible and caused diarrhea for months! This can be a dangerous drug. I went to doctor after doctor, colonoscopy, etc. I figured it out myself, finally."

Hopefully heloful October 20, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Human Papilloma Virus "I had 3 HPV near my V opening, went to see my gyne. Had it checked and she gv me a box of Aldara, Probas Omega 3 AEE, Protexin Protect Multi Prebiotic. The doc explained treating HPV (skin tags, warts) must be done both ways, frm inside and outside due to low immune/anti body system inside us. Aldara is for skin app, 3x a week (Mon, Wed, Fri). Apply while lying or sit down - allow it to absorb for a while before sleep at night. 1 sachet perweek. As for the Omega 3 & Protect, 2x a day. On top of that, double up my norm 1000mg VitC and MultiV. All these for 30 days. Aft 2 weeks, it completely gone. Balance of Aldara, will keep if any for future."

40's Mum (taken for less than 1 month) August 12, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Basal Cell Carcinoma "Itchy, sore to touch, don't sleep well the nights its applied. This is my second treat for bcc, the first with aldara got infected and subsequently scarred, all bcc were on chest area, the first is completely gone, the second I'm 3 weeks through a 4 week treatment, can't wait to be finished although end results are acceptable for the pain and irritation that you go through"

Kate 22222 June 22, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Keratosis "Actinic keratosis lesions on forearms only ... but a nasty case at any rate. Dermatologist put me on a regimen of Aldara cream and Salicylic Acid. The experience during the 4 months of Aldara treatment was not particularly pleasant: worst of all being that it made the Keratosis lesions much worse in terms of acute redness and inflamation and quite distressing vanity-wise. There was some headaches, some fatigue, but that only lasted 2 weeks or so. After that, no side affects worth bothering about. But I must admit I almost stopped using it during the period of unsightliness. But I didn't. And I am very glad I didn't! The Dermatologist took me off the Aldara regimen after 4 months and told me to just keep on using the salicylic acid. Now, after 5 months the Keratosis lesions are completely gone, leaving quite smooth new skin. The area is still a little pinkish compared to normal sin colour, but Doctor said that that will disappear once the healing time has done it's work. Over all success I would say. For myself Aldara was a godsend."

nongkhai (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 9, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Basal Cell Carcinoma "This is awful, the burning is terrible! !"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) December 2, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Human Papilloma Virus "I am a physician and I was horrified to find HPV warts near my anus a few weeks ago. There were 3 small ones in a cluster and a slightly larger pedunculated one nearby. I went to my gynecologist to discuss treatment options. We agreed on Aldara. I have been usin a small amount 3 times a week and after 2.5 week they little ones are gone and the bigger one is almost gone. I was worried about it irritating the healthy tissue surrounding the warts because it was impossible (due to the location) to only get the medication on the warts, but I have only had mild irritation alleviated by a warm bath."

Doc2015 (taken for less than 1 month) November 22, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Human Papilloma Virus "Contracted GW and went to dermatologist who diagnosed them after one before misdiagnosed them. Had them burned (electrocuted off) and frozen. Had to return two weeks later as many more small ones had grown, same treatment again. I was then prescribed Aldara for a month, morning and night for 5 day stints (Mon-Fri). I kept up with this first week but second week I started just doing nights as twice a day seems excessive after reading everyone else's prescriptions. Things look much clearer but I got a blister which healed significantly after taking a break for a few days. This stuff takes a few days to kick in but expect to be pretty red and your scrotum to be sore if you're a guy. I'll repost in a couple weeks when I'm done my treatment."

A Guyy November 10, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Human Papilloma Virus "9/10 rating simply because like all treatments currently available it gets rid of the symptom (warts) not the illness (HPV) I had a bout of genital warts, all spaced all over my genital area (clitoris included.) After having read about the treatment, I was so scared that I did not use it for the first 2 weeks but for me liquid nitrogen was way too painful. Remember; Everybody reacts differently, don't be discouraged. I am very sensitive to pain and have gone through this with no burning sensations, absolute no side-effects aside expected sensitivity and by the first week of use I noticed a considerable difference. Dosage: 3 times/week on alternating days e.g. Monday, Wednesday, Friday for 6-10 hours at night (I left it on for 8-10)"

Parisiana (taken for less than 1 month) August 15, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Human Papilloma Virus "Just started with Aldara, I had 8 small tiny GW cauterized , now I am clear and no GW to be noticed. My doctor instructed my to apply Aldara if I think that a new wart is appearing and I did apply for the 1st time today. Hopefully this stuff works well."

Ibi June 27, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Human Papilloma Virus "I found that I had some warts over my vagina two months ago, they looked bad and big. I was scared and I started to use this cream. I didn't see any result at the first treatment and I didn't have any side effect, it was really discourage. So the second treatment, I used this cream with salicylic acid on my warts. It burned my vagina like a crazy when I was using the acid, but it works! I applied the acid 3 times a day and used this cream at night. The warts started getting small and after a month, and appeared some side effect like itching like a crazy at night but they were completely gone in a month ! And now, there are no any warts on my vagina and I'm watching will the warts come back in this 3 months."

Hkgirl (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 15, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Human Papilloma Virus "Small warts on penis - gone within a week. Side effects: redness, slightly itchy, slightly tighter foreskin. Try allergy medicines to ease itching. "

Kenny-advice for guys (taken for less than 1 month) February 17, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Human Papilloma Virus "I was prescribed Aldara for internal gw. When I finally found a doctor to acknowledge that they existed internally, they were bad. They almost looked like fingers. I say this to make the point that I had a serious case of them. I was put on Aldara for three times a week until 16 weeks. This was the most painful experience I have ever had in my life. I cried in pain for the first several weeks. The itching was almost unbearable in and of itself. I also got very severe ulcers around the treatment sight. I found it helpful to take an allergy pill for the itching and melatonin to help me to sleep with the pain. All that being said, after 16 weeks my gw problem was 90 percent gone.I was given another month's worth for the last remaining few."

Anonymous February 1, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Human Papilloma Virus "2 weeks ago I thought my life was over with the diagnosis. My doctor let me know I am not alone and over 70% of people have human papilloma virus, its just a matter of who's body's can fight off the warts developing or not. I have been using Aldara for 2 weeks and have only minor side effects like a slight itching which not sure if just my brain thinking its bad or if it was. Apply to only the spots that need. I almost think those who complain of unreal side effects slathered this on without reading directions. The only other side effect which was odd was the first night I applied my heart rate was 100 beats per minute which was strange. Lesions have shrunk in size ten folds. I'm just super pleased. I feel bad for those who cannot afford Aldara."

Anonymous December 8, 2014