User Reviews for Aldara

Molluscum Contagiosum

1 review 1 medications
Summary of Aldara reviews 7.3 51 reviews

Reviews for Aldara

For Human Papilloma Virus "Aldara is super efficient. Here is my advice: -only apply 3 times a week, reduce if you feel too much pain. -when starting the treatment, only apply a really tiny amount of cream on each wart with the end of a cotton bud. Only when you are ready, start applying a tiny bit more but it should stay minimal. -it will create discomfort. Use baby wipes for the toilet; buy an intimate gel to take care of the area that is infected. I took 2 showers a day during the treatment to keep the area clean at all times. No pyjama bottoms to avoid any contact. -the pain is OKAY. It can burn healthy skin in the night when the warts with cream rub against it. Put some tiny plasters opposite the wart for the night. It gets itchy during the day, but stay busy. - be positive: eat healthily, stop smoking. Have someone to help you go through it. Had 6 genital warts and 5 were completely gone by week 2. Still treating 1 but it's now barely visible. Go for it and good luck, stay positive!"

M56 August 26, 2018

For Human Papilloma Virus "It’s day ten and I have used aldara continuously in the first four days and stopped at the fifth day because the pain was unbearable and wanted to take a break. The burning urination was still there along the itchiness, white discharge and burning sensation overall. Pain started to ease on day 8 and I had sex and didn’t feel any discomfort (just embarrassment lol). Today I took a look at my vagina and I was happy to see that most of my GWs were either completely gone or has gotten smaller. I applied aldara again since I have no pain or discomfort and will continue to take it. Again, hope this works and will keep you updated. G."

G (taken for less than 1 month) August 12, 2018

For Human Papilloma Virus "I had anal warts last year, I thought it was just a bump and it would disappear in no time. But it was growing bigger instead. Then I knew it was anal warts, so I searched for the remedy. I've tried so many treatment but nothing works. I've tried ACV (apple cidar vinegar) the warts disappeared but somehow it went back. Then I came to aldara. I used it 1 sachet for a week. And thens nothing happen for about 3 weeks, then I see the change in the 4th week. The warts are shrinking slowly. I stopped the treatment in the 9th week. Now my warts are completely gone. Glad that I didn't get the side effect, just flu symptom for just weeks and I didn't get any burns or itchy in the warts area. But this is the 5th months after I stopped the treatment, I feel my anus isn't as elastic as before, I often feel little bit pain "

Rai August 9, 2018

For Human Papilloma Virus "Day four of using aldara on my genital area I have over 20 genital warts (GW) scattered all over my vagina and few in the entrance of my vagina (size of a pinky fingernail) I've used aldara everyday and this is my fourth day. I started getting side effects on the third day (burning, itching, white vaginal discharge and painful urination) I have a pretty good pain thresh hold hence why I’m using it every day. I noticed today that one GW is getting smaller which was the biggest one on my left labia entrance. I hope this works and will keep you updated."

G (taken for less than 1 month) August 7, 2018

For Human Papilloma Virus "Aldara works wonders. I used it as prescribed and with in 2 weeks, most of the really large lesions were gone! The only downside to Aldara is the side effects. The itching, swelling and redness around the affected area was almost unbearable! I’m on my 5th week of treatment and honestly, I can’t wait for this to be over"

Girl (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 28, 2018

For Human Papilloma Virus "Been using to treat HPV vaginally 3 times a week for 6 weeks with a few short breaks needed in between for discomfort to ease. Developed fluid in my ears immediately, but I cannot be sure whether or not it's a side effect from the cream. Have experienced occasional elevated temps as high as 103+ and vertigo. Also extreme fatigue. This is all very unlike me. The fluid in my ear doesn't seem to want to go away after 2 different antibiotics and chiropractic adjustments to allow the fluid to drain."

sue (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 27, 2018

For Human Papilloma Virus "I am on to my second week now of aldara. My first 2 days I applied way to much and was in severe agony was waking up in tears with pain - burning, itching, hurt to walk and sit down also when urinating. I took a 3 day break and have been applying a lot less now and comes with a lot less pain, so anyone starting treatment you do not need much product!!! I learned that the hard way. Gets very itchy and uncomfortable but nothing unbearable like the first 2 days. I have been having other bad side effects - horrible dreams, chills, headaches, trouble sleeping and general aches and pains but so far so good as the Aldara seems to be working so I am looking forward to to my next couple of weeks of treatment."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 21, 2018

For Condylomata Acuminata "I used aldara for 6 weeks it done nothing but spread the infection and caused severe pain I would not recommend this at all"

anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 11, 2018

For Basal Cell Carcinoma "I had a small dot on my chest and a penny sized one on my side. The dermatology consultant told me to use aldara on the two areas but only once daily for five days then two day break. Leave on for 8 hours then wash off. She then said she would see me in 4 months. I was a bit surprised she didn't want to see me during treatment but thought the aldara must be good at doing its job. How wrong could I be. Within one week of using it the rest of my chest erupted into large red sores with lots of little red spots all over it. I didn't know if this was normal as nothing much was discussed at appointment. I continued to use the cream but everyday was more and more horrific. The sores were blistering and bleeding and oozing fluid not to mention red raw and itchy. By the end of the second week I could not tolerate any more so I stopped using it and tried to contact the dermatology department which wasn't interested unless I had another referral from my doctor."

Lisa April 13, 2018

For Molluscum Contagiosum "Had HORRIFIC effects from taking this. I'm currently in the process of getting a diagnosis for Small Fiber Neuropathy because of this drug. I was in the best health of my life before I started applying it. Within two days, I had burning sensations all over my body. It caused a systemic reaction. I discontinued immediately, but over two years later, I still get painful burning all over my body. Google Aldara and "small fiber neuropathy" and you will see I am not the only one who had this condition triggered by Aldara/imiquimod. This drug is a powerful immuno-modulator that triggers multiple types of immune-mediated cells in the body and causes the body to attack itself. People are getting sick from it and their claims are not being addressed."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) March 16, 2018

For Basal Cell Carcinoma "I had a BCC on my ear, and had it treated with radiotheraphy. It came back. I then had it cut out with a skin graft. It came back. I then treated it with Aldara, but for not as long as recommended, and that worked for about 6 months, but it returned about a year ago. The Dr. indicated that the next step was surgery to remove part of my ear. I gave it another good dose for the full recommended term with Aldara, and it/s been clear since then. I believe I should have used Aldara from the start, and avoided radiotheraphy and an operation, plus a lot of cost. I've had no side effects, and have used it on other BCC with no problems."

R James (taken for less than 1 month) March 14, 2018

For Basal Cell Carcinoma "I had BCC on my nose. I had been misdiagosed and by the time a biopsy was done the surgeon said he could do MOHs surgery but it would require removing a thumb nail size portion of my nose, using parts of my ear to reconstruct the nose and also skin grafts. He offered the Aldara option to shrink the tumor. He said that the cream would turn my nose red. I applied the Aldara cream every night for 6 weeks as directed. It was absolutely far more than turning my nose red. Fatigue, headaches, bright red nose that looked as though my nose was one big cold sore. I went into quarantine for six weeks. At times I felt I could not continue. Some how I did. If wish there were a place to post pictures of my nose during Aldara treatment. I went back for the MOH's surgery. It only took two scrapings to remove cancer. I would choose the Aldara option should I ever be given the choice. It was miserable but I would still take it over the surgery option."

Shirley Go-t-a March 13, 2018

For Basal Cell Carcinoma "Easy to apply. The medication journal makes it easy to track usage and clearly defines “break days”. This is week four. Skin is red and irritated, however very bearable and annoying rather than painful. Other side effects are pretty hard to tolerate. Fatigue is beyond belief and at times debilitating yet unable to sleep. Nausea all the time. Headache at times. Perception seems to be a little distorted. Difficult to tell how much the light headed feeling is coming from fatigue. Joints ache. A little weight gain. I’m irritable due to unbearable fatigue. Dreams at night are emotionally overwhelming and vivid. The effect of alcohol is extremely magnified. I call these my little bottles of hell. That’s how they make me feel. That said, it seems to be working and I’m very interested in seeing the results. Given a choice at this stage, excision would be my preference. That might change by the time I finish treatment. However it would take a lot to endure this again."

AASSBB January 30, 2018

For Human Papilloma Virus "After using it for 2 days I noticed my warts shrinking and thought hell yeah! By the end of the week I can’t sleep because the small amount I’m putting in has burnt my penis and it’s swollen and very red! It’s now been 3 weeks after stopped using the product and I still can’t touch my penis and pull back the skin without it bring me to tears! The Pain is unbelievable and will never forget it. Just walking around with underwear on hurts Cos it rubs."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) January 24, 2018

For Basal Cell Carcinoma "I recently used it and posted my comments which are favourable, but I though you might be interested in what can only be termed as side effect. My finger nails nails are really growing fast, for some reason, my little finger nails usually split and my thumb nails usually split at the base, but there has been no sign of splitting and are growing really well - I have even cut them some thing I have never done in my life at 72 year old,"

MONSTERCNICS (taken for less than 1 month) October 14, 2017

For Basal Cell Carcinoma "I used this on a persistent basal cell carcinoma, in the centre of my forehead, which never healed and bleed at times, on application ,nothing happened much for a week, but then my face erupted right across my forehead, large red blotches which turned to blisters. I used it for three weeks instead of six weeks as recommended. I went to my doctor who said to stop using it. The scabs soon cleared, and after a short while my skin was clear and back to normal. Was it worth it?Most definitely, no carcinoma, in the UK it's a prescription drug and only available through a doctor, and paid for by our NHS so I don't know the cost."

monsterincnc (taken for less than 1 month) September 24, 2017

For Human Papilloma Virus "The Dr said I had genital warts and put me on Aldara and said I should use it for 4 weeks, thrice per week. I only used this cream once and within two days the warts started disappearing and within four days it had cleared totally. I used just a pea sized amount and applied it with a cotton swab directly on the warts. It did get a little uncomfortable and itchy after about three hours."

Girlguest (taken for less than 1 month) August 30, 2017

For Basal Cell Carcinoma "My basal cell had recurred after surgical removal. Another removal would have resulted in extensive plastic surgery. The Aldara had no visible effect until the second week. By the fifth week, the area looked horrible and I became concerned. Nevertheless, I continued application and by week eight, I was looking in the mirror at new, fresh, pink skin. Wonderful! Based upon my experience, I think it is generally correct to believe that if there is one basal cell area, the entire face is damaged, even though it is not visible. Therefore, I would recommend using the cream only on the limited, visible lesion. Otherwise, the area of lesions will be large and scary."

Uncle Frank August 28, 2017

For Condylomata Acuminata "I'm a gay male and had developed a killer case of internal and external anal warts about 6 or 7 years ago. I thought I would never again have anal sex because my butt was just so nasty. I went to the derm and she gave me Aldara to try. It didn't really do much. I ended up finding a wonderful proctologist who performed laser surgery on my behind. My butt is completely like new! "

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 22, 2017

For Basal Cell Carcinoma "Second time on Aldra. The first time I used it on my right temple, nose, and my face. I was covered in red blotches, like scalds, but I don't remember any severe reactions. I can't seem to remember it hurting, and it was worth it. It cleared the persistent and sore bcc on my nose and temple. I now have another bcc on my forehead which has been persistent and shown no sign of healing, and has bleed at times. My GP/doctor has prescribed a course of Aldara and this time I have a much worse reaction, one side of my face has come with very red like swollen spots, blistering, and I have flu like symptoms. But I am sure it will be worth it."

inc August 20, 2017

For Human Papilloma Virus "About 6 month ago I noticed some tiny warts about 13 on the base of my penis so I had them checked from a dermatologist. He told me they look like Boweoid Papulosis and warts. He recommended Aldara and told me to put a thin layer on them for 4 weeks. 3 times a week. Absolutely nothing happened during this period. When I saw him again he gave me another 8 weeks (2 packets). I am on my 8th week now and no change except I think they may be getting slightly bigger. I have not had sex with my partner for the last 6 months and due this problem I am getting more and more depressed. I am losing hope with this medication and am not sure where to turn too. I would be much obliged for any advice given."

Jady123 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 19, 2017

For Human Papilloma Virus "I had a very large cluster of anal warts. I went to two colon rectal specialists. The first one was a male and insisted that the infection and removal of warts could only be treated via surgery which would have costs close to $10,000 dollars. So I got a second a opinion from a female colon rectal specialist who also felt that surgery was the best option. That being said she allowed me to try Aldara first. Let me just say that Aldara is a miracle drug! After 8 weeks of treatment and monitoring with my doctor, 100% of the warts were gone. Even my doctor was floored that Aldara was able to treat even the worst cases of anal warts. She would have had me surgery the next day if it weren't for Aldara. It's been a year with no recurrence"

Htownguy82 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 16, 2017

For Human Papilloma Virus "I'm fighting HPV for a year and half now Aldara works but it takes long time be patient it might burn you some times make sure the area is clean and dry avoid using tea tree oil or ACV while on Aldara therapy"

max877 March 15, 2017

For Human Papilloma Virus "I had a wart on my penis which the doctor froze and it disappeared. Later I noticed I had some warts around my anus. I went to the doctor, mortified, and was prescribed with Aldara cream. I used it as prescribed, three times and noticed some pain after the first week but didn't think much of it. I went back to the doctor for a check up and I was prescribed further Aldara cream. The pain after was agony. I had headaches and chemical burning to the point that I couldn't sit down for days. I stopped using the cream and bathed in Epsom Salt and used Aloe Vera. Subsequently I have continued to bathe in Epsom Salt and used Tee-Tree Oil. Although slow it works. Do NOT use Aldara Cream if you can avoid it, natural remedies are better and no pain!"

Horrific Pain February 6, 2017

For Human Papilloma Virus "WORKS FAST! You can see changes already in three days after 1 sachet! I'm amazed by this product! But I suggest once everything is cleared up already, get HPV injected so you're protected!"

Cat1203 (taken for less than 1 month) January 24, 2017