User Reviews for Aldara

1 review 1 medications
Summary of Aldara reviews 7.1 67 reviews

Reviews for Aldara

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 10, 2019

For Human Papilloma Virus "I contracted HPV through someone...I don't know who but I have been having my fair share of fun. I was nervous at first but the people who I continued to see didn't care. I initially had them burned off on the shaft of my penis but it left a scar. So when they came back, I decided to go the cream route. Luckily places (like the LGBT center) provide cheap prescriptions for people who can't afford them like me (paid like $10-15 for a good supply). Anyways, I've been using Aldara for 4-5 weeks now and it's finally working it's magic. I've had it twice where it seems to open up as a sore and then scab up and heal. People definitely sweat this as the end of their sex lives or stress over it too much. It's not the end of the world..it will heal..and our bodies will go back to "normal". Hang in there!!!"

Anonymous Dude · Taken for less than 1 month August 9, 2019

For Human Papilloma Virus "I'll use Aldara 3 times a week. I recently used it for the 2nd time and warts on my penis already started shrinking, some are gone too. I didn't experience any side effects so far but I got mild flu like symptoms. Expensive medicine but definitely useful, very quick to effect."

Genericnickname · Taken for less than 1 month July 26, 2019

For Human Papilloma Virus "I had genital warts. I decided to try Aldara and to hope for the best. After reading loads of reviews about crazy side effects I was a bit worried, but my experience has been great. It says use each sachet only once but I get at least 3/4 uses out of each. I’ve had no burning and minimal scabbing of the skin, only a slight bit of redness around the affected area. After 2 weeks the warts began to shrink rapidly and disappeared in the 3rd week! Just ensure you follow the instructions and complete the course (~16 weeks) as I’ve noticed a lot of people have stopped using it once the warts disappear and then they come back straight away. It cost me £70 for the whole course."

jen · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 18, 2019

For Human Papilloma Virus "4 weeks in and only one wart has shrunk. Most have stayed the same and I have actually had lots more warts appear despite taking really good care of myself. The side effects are horrific - I have red raw patches that feel like blisters and burns on my inner labia, which is odd because I've not applied the cream there and have no warts there! It is difficult to sleep at night because of the pain and itching. I've used warticon in the past and had a much better experience - Aldara feels like I'm just putting acid on my genitals without any reward or success!"

Dan · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 12, 2019

For Condylomata Acuminata "Aldara works, takes time and the side effects can be heavy. Mild depression, lethargy, hypertension, brain fog and headaches but persevere with it for results."

Lani July 5, 2019

For Human Papilloma Virus "I developed genital warts (GW) on my vulva going in my vajay jay. I was prescribed Aldara using it (Mon, Wed and Fri) for 16 weeks at bed time. I noticed change on my seventh application. The end of that third week 95 percent of my warts were gone. And the rest were gone in my 4th week. I am now free from GW but my Doc says I must continue to apply aldara until 16 weeks. I don't have any side effects , only headaches in first three weeks of using Aldara. My Doc also told me to apply vaseline on the skin that isn't affected around the warts before applying Aldara cream on the warts. I found this cream amazing and I am happy. The only thing its that , the cream is bloody expensive."

bean · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 27, 2019

For Human Papilloma Virus "Used the Aldara for genital warts, three times a week, and all was well at first. Wart size was beginning to decrease, and after a couple months, I started BURNING down there. Looked only to see how swollen and red it was. Not using it again"

... March 21, 2019

For Human Papilloma Virus "I’ve been on the aldara for a week. My first application was okay no pain whatsoever. Note: I use small amounts overnight every alternative day on infected area on my labia. I realized that I was getting really tired the day after but that was it. After the first application it just got worse, the pain is unbearable. I can’t sleep at night because of the pain . I now have pink sores around the uninfected parts . The space between my thighs and vagina are pink and saw it also looks like eczema. But with all this pain, the cream is working wonders , in just a week 70% of my warts are gone. Just the stubborn ones are left. They are big but are getting smaller, but is it worth the pain ? I think so because I’m still continuing with it . I’m desperate for these to be gone and the cream is sure removing them . If you can’t take pain then don’t but if you’re a hardcore go getter like me, it’s worth the try . I hope this information helps someone this is my honest experience."

Smurfette · Taken for less than 1 month February 3, 2019

For Human Papilloma Virus "Black female aged between 24 and 28. Used Aldara for about 1 month, 3 times a week- Saturday, Tuesday and Thursday and washed it off after 10 hours. The wart was on my perineum area. First week on this medication made the wart increase in size, bummer. However, by the end of the second week, the wart had drastically reduced in size. For the first two weeks, I used a whole sachet for each application (realized later this was some sort of over dosage) and might explain the on and off sore throat I experienced during this time. Reduced my dose for the last two weeks- one sachet for 3 applications. In total, I ended up using 8 sachets from the recommended 12. Keeping the rest in case of any re-occurrence. Strangely enough, I only experienced burning and irritation on the last two weeks when I was using a more reduced dosage. There's also minor discoloration where the wart was."

Sue · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 1, 2019

For Basal Cell Carcinoma "I have been using Aldara for 5 and a half weeks, on a BCC that was scrapped off. Strangely nothing has happened, I have applied it as recommended, but there is nothing (except the scar from the scrapping) to show for it! Money not well spent!"

Dots · Taken for less than 1 month December 12, 2018

For Basal Cell Carcinoma "I had cancer in situ on the glans (top of my penis). I used Efudix for 6 weeks and didn't have any side effects. Now its reduced to a Basaliom (pre stage to cancer) which is from HPV virus. So doctor gave med Aldara. Used a small amount for 4 days. Had to stop, fever, swollen glands, backpain, burning and blood spots on my penis, can't pee without screaming. Even water hurts!!"

Henny · Taken for 6 months to 1 year December 2, 2018

For Human Papilloma Virus "Was on this for months. Two warts on the penis tip cleared very well, but came back as soon as treatment was paused. Other warts on the shaft, foreskin, under the foreskin shrunk in size during treatment but never cleared. The cream caused a lot of burning sensations on the skin and was very uncomfortable. The foreskin became weak and lost some elasticity during treatment and as a result broke several times during washing. By contrast, Podophyllotoxin cleared almost all warts in about three weeks (many of them later reappeared though) and while causing some degree of discomfort it wasn't comparable to Aldara."

Bridielena · Taken for less than 1 month December 1, 2018

For Basal Cell Carcinoma "3 weeks only using it at night Monday/Wednesday/Friday only. No side effects but masked probably because I have Parkinsons. Small area only above Temple . No result really although feeling it now there is a rough patch so pleased. I would like to use for another week but not sure if advisable. I had a stinging sensation for years which GP’s just waved their hands in the air as if to say nothing to worry about until I saw a GP 3 weeks ago. He prescribed this cream and I believe it’s now doing its job."

old Iris · Taken for 2 to 5 years November 4, 2018

For Basal Cell Carcinoma "I'm now 82 after 4 surgeries on my face I was given Aldara ..it may make big red ugly areas but with patience it does the job. You may think you just have a small area that is affected but wow..it's usually a larger area than you think. That's why I think it's better that doing the MOH's surgery."

User1 · Taken for less than 1 month September 25, 2018

For Human Papilloma Virus "I’ve been using Aldara for just over 2 weeks now for anal warts. The sachet with the cream is so small that I assume you just used one entire packet however upon reading reviews people started with less and worked their way to more. I have had no flu or nausea symptoms but I got open slightly bleeding blisters leaking a lot of fluid around my perineum and on the outer rim of my anus. I have to have some absorbent material there 24/7 or it becomes too wet and irritated. However the warts themselves have gone from cauliflower to tiny barely recognizable bumps in the tiny amount of time I’ve been using it. So it has worked but my body was definitely not ready for the dose I applied. Recommend starting small amounts using cotton swap onto direct area and using more from there once your body is used to it"

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month September 18, 2018

For Human Papilloma Virus "Used this cream every day for a week, had no side effects and the warts are now completely gone! Didn’t have a large outbreak to begin with, but the cream really did wonders- fast."

M56 August 26, 2018

For Human Papilloma Virus "Aldara is super efficient. Here is my advice: -only apply 3 times a week, reduce if you feel too much pain. -when starting the treatment, only apply a really tiny amount of cream on each wart with the end of a cotton bud. Only when you are ready, start applying a tiny bit more but it should stay minimal. -it will create discomfort. Use baby wipes for the toilet; buy an intimate gel to take care of the area that is infected. I took 2 showers a day during the treatment to keep the area clean at all times. No pyjama bottoms to avoid any contact. -the pain is OKAY. It can burn healthy skin in the night when the warts with cream rub against it. Put some tiny plasters opposite the wart for the night. It gets itchy during the day, but stay busy. - be positive: eat healthily, stop smoking. Have someone to help you go through it. Had 6 genital warts and 5 were completely gone by week 2. Still treating 1 but it's now barely visible. Go for it and good luck, stay positive!"

G · Taken for less than 1 month August 12, 2018

For Human Papilloma Virus "It’s day ten and I have used aldara continuously in the first four days and stopped at the fifth day because the pain was unbearable and wanted to take a break. The burning urination was still there along the itchiness, white discharge and burning sensation overall. Pain started to ease on day 8 and I had sex and didn’t feel any discomfort (just embarrassment lol). Today I took a look at my vagina and I was happy to see that most of my GWs were either completely gone or has gotten smaller. I applied aldara again since I have no pain or discomfort and will continue to take it. Again, hope this works and will keep you updated. G."

Rai August 9, 2018

For Human Papilloma Virus "I had anal warts last year, I thought it was just a bump and it would disappear in no time. But it was growing bigger instead. Then I knew it was anal warts, so I searched for the remedy. I've tried so many treatment but nothing works. I've tried ACV (apple cidar vinegar) the warts disappeared but somehow it went back. Then I came to aldara. I used it 1 sachet for a week. And thens nothing happen for about 3 weeks, then I see the change in the 4th week. The warts are shrinking slowly. I stopped the treatment in the 9th week. Now my warts are completely gone. Glad that I didn't get the side effect, just flu symptom for just weeks and I didn't get any burns or itchy in the warts area. But this is the 5th months after I stopped the treatment, I feel my anus isn't as elastic as before, I often feel little bit pain "

G · Taken for less than 1 month August 7, 2018

For Human Papilloma Virus "Day four of using aldara on my genital area I have over 20 genital warts (GW) scattered all over my vagina and few in the entrance of my vagina (size of a pinky fingernail) I've used aldara everyday and this is my fourth day. I started getting side effects on the third day (burning, itching, white vaginal discharge and painful urination) I have a pretty good pain thresh hold hence why I’m using it every day. I noticed today that one GW is getting smaller which was the biggest one on my left labia entrance. I hope this works and will keep you updated."

Girl · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 28, 2018

For Human Papilloma Virus "Aldara works wonders. I used it as prescribed and with in 2 weeks, most of the really large lesions were gone! The only downside to Aldara is the side effects. The itching, swelling and redness around the affected area was almost unbearable! I’m on my 5th week of treatment and honestly, I can’t wait for this to be over"

sue · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 27, 2018

For Human Papilloma Virus "Been using to treat HPV vaginally 3 times a week for 6 weeks with a few short breaks needed in between for discomfort to ease. Developed fluid in my ears immediately, but I cannot be sure whether or not it's a side effect from the cream. Have experienced occasional elevated temps as high as 103+ and vertigo. Also extreme fatigue. This is all very unlike me. The fluid in my ear doesn't seem to want to go away after 2 different antibiotics and chiropractic adjustments to allow the fluid to drain."

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 21, 2018

For Human Papilloma Virus "I am on to my second week now of aldara. My first 2 days I applied way to much and was in severe agony was waking up in tears with pain - burning, itching, hurt to walk and sit down also when urinating. I took a 3 day break and have been applying a lot less now and comes with a lot less pain, so anyone starting treatment you do not need much product!!! I learned that the hard way. Gets very itchy and uncomfortable but nothing unbearable like the first 2 days. I have been having other bad side effects - horrible dreams, chills, headaches, trouble sleeping and general aches and pains but so far so good as the Aldara seems to be working so I am looking forward to to my next couple of weeks of treatment."

anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 11, 2018

For Condylomata Acuminata "I used aldara for 6 weeks it done nothing but spread the infection and caused severe pain I would not recommend this at all"

Lisa April 13, 2018

For Basal Cell Carcinoma "I had a small dot on my chest and a penny sized one on my side. The dermatology consultant told me to use aldara on the two areas but only once daily for five days then two day break. Leave on for 8 hours then wash off. She then said she would see me in 4 months. I was a bit surprised she didn't want to see me during treatment but thought the aldara must be good at doing its job. How wrong could I be. Within one week of using it the rest of my chest erupted into large red sores with lots of little red spots all over it. I didn't know if this was normal as nothing much was discussed at appointment. I continued to use the cream but everyday was more and more horrific. The sores were blistering and bleeding and oozing fluid not to mention red raw and itchy. By the end of the second week I could not tolerate any more so I stopped using it and tried to contact the dermatology department which wasn't interested unless I had another referral from my doctor."

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)