User Reviews for Aldara

Molluscum Contagiosum

1 review 1 medications
Summary of Aldara reviews 7.2 44 reviews

Reviews for Aldara

For Condylomata Acuminata "I used aldara for 6 weeks it done nothing but spread the infection and caused severe pain I would not recommend this at all"

anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 11, 2018

For Basal Cell Carcinoma "I had a small dot on my chest and a penny sized one on my side. The dermatology consultant told me to use aldara on the two areas but only once daily for five days then two day break. Leave on for 8 hours then wash off. She then said she would see me in 4 months. I was a bit surprised she didn't want to see me during treatment but thought the aldara must be good at doing its job. How wrong could I be. Within one week of using it the rest of my chest erupted into large red sores with lots of little red spots all over it. I didn't know if this was normal as nothing much was discussed at appointment. I continued to use the cream but everyday was more and more horrific. The sores were blistering and bleeding and oozing fluid not to mention red raw and itchy. By the end of the second week I could not tolerate any more so I stopped using it and tried to contact the dermatology department which wasn't interested unless I had another referral from my doctor."

Lisa April 13, 2018

For Molluscum Contagiosum "Had HORRIFIC effects from taking this. I'm currently in the process of getting a diagnosis for Small Fiber Neuropathy because of this drug. I was in the best health of my life before I started applying it. Within two days, I had burning sensations all over my body. It caused a systemic reaction. I discontinued immediately, but over two years later, I still get painful burning all over my body. Google Aldara and "small fiber neuropathy" and you will see I am not the only one who had this condition triggered by Aldara/imiquimod. This drug is a powerful immuno-modulator that triggers multiple types of immune-mediated cells in the body and causes the body to attack itself. People are getting sick from it and their claims are not being addressed."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) March 16, 2018

For Basal Cell Carcinoma "I had a BCC on my ear, and had it treated with radiotheraphy. It came back. I then had it cut out with a skin graft. It came back. I then treated it with Aldara, but for not as long as recommended, and that worked for about 6 months, but it returned about a year ago. The Dr. indicated that the next step was surgery to remove part of my ear. I gave it another good dose for the full recommended term with Aldara, and it/s been clear since then. I believe I should have used Aldara from the start, and avoided radiotheraphy and an operation, plus a lot of cost. I've had no side effects, and have used it on other BCC with no problems."

R James (taken for less than 1 month) March 14, 2018

For Basal Cell Carcinoma "I had BCC on my nose. I had been misdiagosed and by the time a biopsy was done the surgeon said he could do MOHs surgery but it would require removing a thumb nail size portion of my nose, using parts of my ear to reconstruct the nose and also skin grafts. He offered the Aldara option to shrink the tumor. He said that the cream would turn my nose red. I applied the Aldara cream every night for 6 weeks as directed. It was absolutely far more than turning my nose red. Fatigue, headaches, bright red nose that looked as though my nose was one big cold sore. I went into quarantine for six weeks. At times I felt I could not continue. Some how I did. If wish there were a place to post pictures of my nose during Aldara treatment. I went back for the MOH's surgery. It only took two scrapings to remove cancer. I would choose the Aldara option should I ever be given the choice. It was miserable but I would still take it over the surgery option."

Shirley Go-t-a March 13, 2018

For Basal Cell Carcinoma "Easy to apply. The medication journal makes it easy to track usage and clearly defines “break days”. This is week four. Skin is red and irritated, however very bearable and annoying rather than painful. Other side effects are pretty hard to tolerate. Fatigue is beyond belief and at times debilitating yet unable to sleep. Nausea all the time. Headache at times. Perception seems to be a little distorted. Difficult to tell how much the light headed feeling is coming from fatigue. Joints ache. A little weight gain. I’m irritable due to unbearable fatigue. Dreams at night are emotionally overwhelming and vivid. The effect of alcohol is extremely magnified. I call these my little bottles of hell. That’s how they make me feel. That said, it seems to be working and I’m very interested in seeing the results. Given a choice at this stage, excision would be my preference. That might change by the time I finish treatment. However it would take a lot to endure this again."

AASSBB January 30, 2018

For Human Papilloma Virus "After using it for 2 days I noticed my warts shrinking and thought hell yeah! By the end of the week I can’t sleep because the small amount I’m putting in has burnt my penis and it’s swollen and very red! It’s now been 3 weeks after stopped using the product and I still can’t touch my penis and pull back the skin without it bring me to tears! The Pain is unbelievable and will never forget it. Just walking around with underwear on hurts Cos it rubs."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) January 24, 2018

For Basal Cell Carcinoma "I recently used it and posted my comments which are favourable, but I though you might be interested in what can only be termed as side effect. My finger nails nails are really growing fast, for some reason, my little finger nails usually split and my thumb nails usually split at the base, but there has been no sign of splitting and are growing really well - I have even cut them some thing I have never done in my life at 72 year old,"

MONSTERCNICS (taken for less than 1 month) October 14, 2017

For Basal Cell Carcinoma "I used this on a persistent basal cell carcinoma, in the centre of my forehead, which never healed and bleed at times, on application ,nothing happened much for a week, but then my face erupted right across my forehead, large red blotches which turned to blisters. I used it for three weeks instead of six weeks as recommended. I went to my doctor who said to stop using it. The scabs soon cleared, and after a short while my skin was clear and back to normal. Was it worth it?Most definitely, no carcinoma, in the UK it's a prescription drug and only available through a doctor, and paid for by our NHS so I don't know the cost."

monsterincnc (taken for less than 1 month) September 24, 2017

For Human Papilloma Virus "The Dr said I had genital warts and put me on Aldara and said I should use it for 4 weeks, thrice per week. I only used this cream once and within two days the warts started disappearing and within four days it had cleared totally. I used just a pea sized amount and applied it with a cotton swab directly on the warts. It did get a little uncomfortable and itchy after about three hours."

Girlguest (taken for less than 1 month) August 30, 2017

For Basal Cell Carcinoma "My basal cell had recurred after surgical removal. Another removal would have resulted in extensive plastic surgery. The Aldara had no visible effect until the second week. By the fifth week, the area looked horrible and I became concerned. Nevertheless, I continued application and by week eight, I was looking in the mirror at new, fresh, pink skin. Wonderful! Based upon my experience, I think it is generally correct to believe that if there is one basal cell area, the entire face is damaged, even though it is not visible. Therefore, I would recommend using the cream only on the limited, visible lesion. Otherwise, the area of lesions will be large and scary."

Uncle Frank August 28, 2017

For Condylomata Acuminata "I'm a gay male and had developed a killer case of internal and external anal warts about 6 or 7 years ago. I thought I would never again have anal sex because my butt was just so nasty. I went to the derm and she gave me Aldara to try. It didn't really do much. I ended up finding a wonderful proctologist who performed laser surgery on my behind. My butt is completely like new! "

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 22, 2017

For Basal Cell Carcinoma "Second time on Aldra. The first time I used it on my right temple, nose, and my face. I was covered in red blotches, like scalds, but I don't remember any severe reactions. I can't seem to remember it hurting, and it was worth it. It cleared the persistent and sore bcc on my nose and temple. I now have another bcc on my forehead which has been persistent and shown no sign of healing, and has bleed at times. My GP/doctor has prescribed a course of Aldara and this time I have a much worse reaction, one side of my face has come with very red like swollen spots, blistering, and I have flu like symptoms. But I am sure it will be worth it."

inc August 20, 2017

For Human Papilloma Virus "About 6 month ago I noticed some tiny warts about 13 on the base of my penis so I had them checked from a dermatologist. He told me they look like Boweoid Papulosis and warts. He recommended Aldara and told me to put a thin layer on them for 4 weeks. 3 times a week. Absolutely nothing happened during this period. When I saw him again he gave me another 8 weeks (2 packets). I am on my 8th week now and no change except I think they may be getting slightly bigger. I have not had sex with my partner for the last 6 months and due this problem I am getting more and more depressed. I am losing hope with this medication and am not sure where to turn too. I would be much obliged for any advice given."

Jady123 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 19, 2017

For Human Papilloma Virus "I had a very large cluster of anal warts. I went to two colon rectal specialists. The first one was a male and insisted that the infection and removal of warts could only be treated via surgery which would have costs close to $10,000 dollars. So I got a second a opinion from a female colon rectal specialist who also felt that surgery was the best option. That being said she allowed me to try Aldara first. Let me just say that Aldara is a miracle drug! After 8 weeks of treatment and monitoring with my doctor, 100% of the warts were gone. Even my doctor was floored that Aldara was able to treat even the worst cases of anal warts. She would have had me surgery the next day if it weren't for Aldara. It's been a year with no recurrence"

Htownguy82 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 16, 2017

For Human Papilloma Virus "I'm fighting HPV for a year and half now Aldara works but it takes long time be patient it might burn you some times make sure the area is clean and dry avoid using tea tree oil or ACV while on Aldara therapy"

max877 March 15, 2017

For Human Papilloma Virus "I had a wart on my penis which the doctor froze and it disappeared. Later I noticed I had some warts around my anus. I went to the doctor, mortified, and was prescribed with Aldara cream. I used it as prescribed, three times and noticed some pain after the first week but didn't think much of it. I went back to the doctor for a check up and I was prescribed further Aldara cream. The pain after was agony. I had headaches and chemical burning to the point that I couldn't sit down for days. I stopped using the cream and bathed in Epsom Salt and used Aloe Vera. Subsequently I have continued to bathe in Epsom Salt and used Tee-Tree Oil. Although slow it works. Do NOT use Aldara Cream if you can avoid it, natural remedies are better and no pain!"

Horrific Pain February 6, 2017

For Human Papilloma Virus "WORKS FAST! You can see changes already in three days after 1 sachet! I'm amazed by this product! But I suggest once everything is cleared up already, get HPV injected so you're protected!"

Cat1203 (taken for less than 1 month) January 24, 2017

For Keratosis "Have used this product several times over recent years used for facial and scalp keratosis. It definitely works well although skin conditions seem to return after a year or two. Treatment involves application of ointment on week days (i.e. five days, with weekends off) for four weeks. The major side effect I have noticed is flu-like symptoms (coldness and body aches) and tiredness. The several times this has happened I have taken a day's break from treatment before resuming."

Tapper2 December 2, 2016

For Human Papilloma Virus "About a year and a half ago I went into the doctor for what they called a uti, that then later was a yeast infection. this went on for months until I couldn't take it. They finally tested me which later was actually chlamydia. Finally a real diagnosis. During this time my vagina was very swollen and I had a spot that's been there for some time. I thought it was a scar as it had never changed but during the swollen period this spot seemed bigger. I've asked several doctors about this spot over time. None were worried. The other day I went into the doctor to have to have it checked she first told me it was a cyst. Now she says it is Genital warts. I went to get a second opinion they confirmed. I've had diarrhea and some upper respiratory problems"

Medicine these days (taken for less than 1 month) November 30, 2016

For Human Papilloma Virus "Having genital warts is the worst thing ever for me. It's amazing for you guys who are now free from them. I don't know why some of you were advised to apply it 3 times a week. My doctor said I must apply it only once a week at night, which I think will take long for me to heal! When I applied it for the first time i didn't feel anything just felt as if was applying lotion down there. I think I'll apply it 3 times in a week because seems like they are spreading fast. Thank'yall for Sharing your experiences."

GuksieCool November 3, 2016

For Basal Cell Carcinoma "The side effects are terrible and caused diarrhea for months! This can be a dangerous drug. I went to doctor after doctor, colonoscopy, etc. I figured it out myself, finally."

Hopefully heloful October 20, 2016

For Human Papilloma Virus "I had 3 HPV near my V opening, went to see my gyne. Had it checked and she gv me a box of Aldara, Probas Omega 3 AEE, Protexin Protect Multi Prebiotic. The doc explained treating HPV (skin tags, warts) must be done both ways, frm inside and outside due to low immune/anti body system inside us. Aldara is for skin app, 3x a week (Mon, Wed, Fri). Apply while lying or sit down - allow it to absorb for a while before sleep at night. 1 sachet perweek. As for the Omega 3 & Protect, 2x a day. On top of that, double up my norm 1000mg VitC and MultiV. All these for 30 days. Aft 2 weeks, it completely gone. Balance of Aldara, will keep if any for future."

40's Mum (taken for less than 1 month) August 12, 2016

For Basal Cell Carcinoma "Itchy, sore to touch, don't sleep well the nights its applied. This is my second treat for bcc, the first with aldara got infected and subsequently scarred, all bcc were on chest area, the first is completely gone, the second I'm 3 weeks through a 4 week treatment, can't wait to be finished although end results are acceptable for the pain and irritation that you go through"

Kate 22222 June 22, 2016

For Keratosis "Actinic keratosis lesions on forearms only ... but a nasty case at any rate. Dermatologist put me on a regimen of Aldara cream and Salicylic Acid. The experience during the 4 months of Aldara treatment was not particularly pleasant: worst of all being that it made the Keratosis lesions much worse in terms of acute redness and inflamation and quite distressing vanity-wise. There was some headaches, some fatigue, but that only lasted 2 weeks or so. After that, no side affects worth bothering about. But I must admit I almost stopped using it during the period of unsightliness. But I didn't. And I am very glad I didn't! The Dermatologist took me off the Aldara regimen after 4 months and told me to just keep on using the salicylic acid. Now, after 5 months the Keratosis lesions are completely gone, leaving quite smooth new skin. The area is still a little pinkish compared to normal sin colour, but Doctor said that that will disappear once the healing time has done it's work. Over all success I would say. For myself Aldara was a godsend."

nongkhai (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 9, 2016