User Reviews for Tolak

Tolak has an average rating of 5.9 out of 10 from a total of 11 ratings on Drugs.com. 57% of reviewers reported a positive experience, while 43% reported a negative experience.

Actinic Keratosis
5.9
Keratosis

Reviews for Tolak

Hask · Taken for less than 1 month · February 4, 2019

For Actinic Keratosis "Instructed by my dermo to apply cream mornings each day for 4 weeks - wash face at night with a gentle cleanser. Today is day #19, so I am well into into my 3rd week. Results are dramatic. I do look like a zombie from Michael Jackson's Thriller video, but apparently that is a good thing - it's working. Lots of red splotches including my neck, which I included besides my face. First signs of scabbing, which is the next phase. Can't wait. I just hope that things clear up quickly after day #28. Not much fun, especially in public, but most likely worth the aggravation."

Neuronic · Taken for less than 1 month · September 2, 2017

For Actinic Keratosis "I have used Efudex for years on my severely sun-worshiped skin. I could never tolerate more than 7-10 days, and never got great success. I tried Tolak once, with much better success. The mode of delivery, inactive ingredients or something made a big difference, and I tolerated it almost 4 weeks. 1X a day app and something about it makes side effects milder, yet results better. I ended up getting much better results than I ever got with Efudex. I see some people here are discouraged that they don't get inflamed as soon as they do with Efudex, but the milder reaction allowed me to stay with it much longer. I did get a severe reaction after the 3rd week, but excellent results. Will use again....no more Efudex for me."

Katie · Taken for less than 1 month · June 16, 2018

For Actinic Keratosis "I've been using fluorouracil for 10 days After 1st application to my entire face, I started to see red spots and lots of them! I'm using the 4% cream There is very mild itching. My doctor said to use 1 X per week for 4 weeks at night and it's ok to apply moisturizer topped with zinc oxide sunscreen in the morning after washing my face. I don't expect to have problems with this med I'm redhead, fair skin"

Blueyes · Taken for less than 1 month · March 4, 2018

For Actinic Keratosis "Used this once daily for two weeks on my cheek. After the last day I was out in Dec. sun for approximately an hour in LA. With sunscreen. However, days later developed swelling and then developed large blisters which healed with large scabs. Thankfully when they fell off I was left with only red skin, with a few blood spots under the skin . All healed over in three weeks. Unfortunately, this experience has left me weary of using it again."

SkinCancer · Taken for less than 1 month · January 6, 2017

For Actinic Keratosis "Used it for 4 days and no results whatsoever. Typical 5% Fluorouracil Cremes show at least redness. Tolak has shown none. More so, the formulation of it is horrible in that there are little white clumps Right out of the tube that make application difficult. The manufacturer offers hugely discounted coupons. You're better off buying the generic for better results."

TennisGeek · Taken for less than 1 month · October 14, 2020

For Actinic Keratosis "Used for 7 days but on day 5 got nausea, headache, general ill feeling, blazing hot face. Ice packs ineffective in relieving the heat and pain. Was in bed most of 2 days. Had to stop treatment, felt very ill. Was told it was probably ineffective in treating the condition since the spots didn't get crusted."

Kalense · Taken for less than 1 month · August 3, 2022

For Actinic Keratosis "This is day 27, the last of 4 weeks of use of the cream, putting it on in the evening after washing and drying the affected areas. In the first 2 weeks nothing much happened, some redness, a little soreness in one or two places. I felt a little dizzy on a couple of occasions. In the third week the spots began to become apparent, and flakes of stiff dry skin began to peel away from the worst areas. In this last week the redness has increased, the spots have gone darker and darker and some scabs have formed. Today and tomorrow are supposed to be peak horror according to the literature that I was given with the prescription. After that it should start to subside. Right now when I look in the mirror I see an unfamiliar walk-on part from a rubbish zombie film, and it feels as if I have a layer of stiff chilli-based lacquer painted on my face and forehead. Whenever I've been outside I've worn a broad-brimmed bush hat to shade my face from the sun."

Ani · July 12, 2022

For Keratosis "I am using it for a week and the spots (Precancerous spots) on my face are very red , everyone that I know is asking what happened to my face , I am hoping that this is a good sign, and is going to work , I keep you posted ."

I don't know · Taken for less than 1 month · July 30, 2022

For Actinic Keratosis "Using Tolak for 3 weeks , I have red spots almost bloody looking , it does get little crusty and at every time I shower the crust falls off and I wait another day to dry out , I keep you posted about the outcome Ani"

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month · August 8, 2022

For Actinic Keratosis "I was having dry spots on my face that didn’t go away with any amount of cream/treatment. My dermatologist prescribed Tolak…2 weeks use applying a thin layer to entire face at night. I have just completed my 2 weeks. Areas on my face and forehead show up red, blotchy and are beginning to scab up. I feel it is working. Plan to do it again in about 6 months."

Sahar123 · Taken for less than 1 month · July 29, 2016

For Actinic Keratosis "I have used this cream for 5 days for pre-cancerous spots. Nothing is happening so far."