User Reviews for Picato

4.5

Summary of Picato reviews 5.0 9 reviews

Reviews for Picato

Phil · Taken for less than 1 month July 13, 2019

For Actinic Keratosis "I was very fortunate with my use of Picato. I have a site on my left cheek that I have to pay very close attention to because I had a squamous cell carcinoma removed from there in 2006. It will get dry at the sight of the surgery and I am always concerned that there will be a return of the cancer there. In the past I was prescribed Fluorouracil for the two week treatment. My skin always has a more severe reaction to that treatment. I applied the Picato to the area, it is about three square inches, for the three days. Day one was like a mild sunburn. Day two there was a little more burning and some mild swelling under the eye. Day three was just slightly worse than day two with the same symptoms. After day four there was just dry peeling with no pain. One week later and all of the dry skin has peeled away and the sight looks the best it has in years. I feel bad for the people who had a bad reaction to it but my experience was much better than I expected."

Amy · Taken for less than 1 month June 6, 2019

For Actinic Keratosis "Picato literally made my AK worse. I started with just a small red, scaly patch and maybe 3 or 4 bumps. First of all, using the picato was awful. It chemically burned my face so bad I looked like I had road rash on my face. After healing from the damage picato caused, I now have a very dark patch of what appears to be damaged skin with several more and larger bumps. Again, this is on my face! I don't think doctors should have patients use this on their face."

Fgayle77 · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 22, 2018

For Keratosis "After using this treatment over 2 months ago, the places on my face (cheek and nose) are still red. It caused huge blistering, pain, and looked like the worst sunburn you can imagine. Doctor says the redness will go away."

Camille · Taken for less than 1 month March 18, 2018

For Actinic Keratosis "I was prescribed Picato .O15, 3days, twice a day approx one month after a small cancerous eruption on on my nose was removed. It is two months later and my nose is still beat red. My dermatologist says it takes awhile for the redness to go away. I went to a second dermatologist and he stated Laser should be used. I went to a 3rd dermatologist approx 3 days ago and she prescribed a cream twice a day and another cream at night. I go back to her in 2 weeks. ."

crawCT · Taken for less than 1 month January 19, 2018

For Actinic Keratosis "This drug cost $841.24 for 3 little tubes of medicine with a very small amount of Picato in each tube. I applied it on my forehead as directed for 3 days, the infected area turned red, scabbed over and healed nicely. Approximately 1 month later my condition started to reappear and several months later I am in the same condition that I looked prior to my using this drug. It did nothing for me."

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month January 1, 2018

For Actinic Keratosis "I started picato gel day after Christmas the 26th because I'm off work till Jan 2nd tuesday. The doctor administer on my nose 12/26. It was a bit red hours later and I rinsed off after 8 hrs. It is burning but not that bad. On day two I went back and had doctor administer on nose again. I was too scared to put on myself for fear of getting in my eyes. The doctor said don't put on if day three if too irritated. Well second night was completely different! Even though was put on my nose it got very, very red and SORE to left of nose also. I have NEVER EVER seen skin as RED and irritated EVER. It was put on for 2 and half hours 3rd day only. It get more RED AND SORE as time goes on AFTER the 3 days! Today is Monday - New Years day. It' s better from applying vaseline, neoposorin,"

Kkbt · Taken for less than 1 month November 13, 2016

For Actinic Keratosis "I have ak on my legs & arms. After 5-6 yrs using the usual topicals and not having any real results, picato gave me the results I was looking for."

LeanneCJohnson March 23, 2016

For Actinic Keratosis "I have now finished my second picato treatment for ak. I did the first about 8 months ago. While the process is quite painful and very unsightly for a good 29/24 days, I have been very pleased with not only the results of removing the AK sites but helped my entire face to look smoother, more evenly pigmented with fewer fine lines and weinkles. I did use coconut oil two days after the 3 day topical treatment. I had severe flsking, cracking, a few blisters and couldn't open my mouth to eat with the pain. The doctor did prescribe me s lotion to promote healing after the procedure but insurance wouldn't cover and it would cost $75. I stuck with the coconut oil. more info is needed for patients after treatment"

thisisridiculous · Taken for less than 1 month June 30, 2013

For Keratosis "Works quickly, back to normal in approximately 1 week. Some spots returned after about 6 months and required a second treatment. Coupon available from manufacturer."

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)