User Reviews for Picato to treat Actinic Keratosis

Picato Rating Summary

5.2/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 9 medications used in the treatment of Actinic Keratosis.

Reviews for Picato

Phil · Taken for less than 1 month July 13, 2019

"I was very fortunate with my use of Picato. I have a site on my left cheek that I have to pay very close attention to because I had a squamous cell carcinoma removed from there in 2006. It will get dry at the sight of the surgery and I am always concerned that there will be a return of the cancer there. In the past I was prescribed Fluorouracil for the two week treatment. My skin always has a more severe reaction to that treatment. I applied the Picato to the area, it is about three square inches, for the three days. Day one was like a mild sunburn. Day two there was a little more burning and some mild swelling under the eye. Day three was just slightly worse than day two with the same symptoms. After day four there was just dry peeling with no pain. One week later and all of the dry skin has peeled away and the sight looks the best it has in years. I feel bad for the people who had a bad reaction to it but my experience was much better than I expected."

Amy · Taken for less than 1 month June 6, 2019

"Picato literally made my AK worse. I started with just a small red, scaly patch and maybe 3 or 4 bumps. First of all, using the picato was awful. It chemically burned my face so bad I looked like I had road rash on my face. After healing from the damage picato caused, I now have a very dark patch of what appears to be damaged skin with several more and larger bumps. Again, this is on my face! I don't think doctors should have patients use this on their face."

Camille · Taken for less than 1 month March 18, 2018

"I was prescribed Picato .O15, 3days, twice a day approx one month after a small cancerous eruption on on my nose was removed. It is two months later and my nose is still beat red. My dermatologist says it takes awhile for the redness to go away. I went to a second dermatologist and he stated Laser should be used. I went to a 3rd dermatologist approx 3 days ago and she prescribed a cream twice a day and another cream at night. I go back to her in 2 weeks. ."

crawCT · Taken for less than 1 month January 19, 2018

"This drug cost $841.24 for 3 little tubes of medicine with a very small amount of Picato in each tube. I applied it on my forehead as directed for 3 days, the infected area turned red, scabbed over and healed nicely. Approximately 1 month later my condition started to reappear and several months later I am in the same condition that I looked prior to my using this drug. It did nothing for me."

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month January 1, 2018

"I started picato gel day after Christmas the 26th because I'm off work till Jan 2nd tuesday. The doctor administer on my nose 12/26. It was a bit red hours later and I rinsed off after 8 hrs. It is burning but not that bad. On day two I went back and had doctor administer on nose again. I was too scared to put on myself for fear of getting in my eyes. The doctor said don't put on if day three if too irritated. Well second night was completely different! Even though was put on my nose it got very, very red and SORE to left of nose also. I have NEVER EVER seen skin as RED and irritated EVER. It was put on for 2 and half hours 3rd day only. It get more RED AND SORE as time goes on AFTER the 3 days! Today is Monday - New Years day. It' s better from applying vaseline, neoposorin,"

Kkbt · Taken for less than 1 month November 13, 2016

"I have ak on my legs & arms. After 5-6 yrs using the usual topicals and not having any real results, picato gave me the results I was looking for."

LeanneCJohnson March 23, 2016

"I have now finished my second picato treatment for ak. I did the first about 8 months ago. While the process is quite painful and very unsightly for a good 29/24 days, I have been very pleased with not only the results of removing the AK sites but helped my entire face to look smoother, more evenly pigmented with fewer fine lines and weinkles. I did use coconut oil two days after the 3 day topical treatment. I had severe flsking, cracking, a few blisters and couldn't open my mouth to eat with the pain. The doctor did prescribe me s lotion to promote healing after the procedure but insurance wouldn't cover and it would cost $75. I stuck with the coconut oil. more info is needed for patients after treatment"

Learn more about Actinic Keratosis

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)