User Reviews for Imiquimod topical

Molluscum Contagiosum

Summary of Imiquimod reviews 7.0 312 reviews

Reviews for Imiquimod

J · Taken for less than 1 month July 19, 2019

For Human Papilloma Virus: "Gay Male, 29 years old, anal Warts, Imiquimod 5% worked great for me. I recently discovered some anal warts. I talked to my pcp and we decided to give the imiquimod 5% creme a try after freezing didn't work well. I applied the creme 3 times a week (Mon, Wed, Fri) before bed. Within a week I noticed a huge improvement in the size of the warts. After two weeks, the warts were completely cleared up. (one had been quite large initially) I didn't experience any of the major side effects. Its difficult to contain the creme to just the wart when applying and rubbing it in. I did notice some light itchiness the first week and I did wake up groggy and stuffy. I made sure to take lots of vitamins which seemed to help. Both outbreaks were huge blows to my self confidence, and finding an easy at-home treatment that worked for me was a huge relief."

jen · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 18, 2019

Aldara (imiquimod) for Human Papilloma Virus: "4 weeks in and only one wart has shrunk. Most have stayed the same and I have actually had lots more warts appear despite taking really good care of myself. The side effects are horrific - I have red raw patches that feel like blisters and burns on my inner labia, which is odd because I've not applied the cream there and have no warts there! It is difficult to sleep at night because of the pain and itching. I've used warticon in the past and had a much better experience - Aldara feels like I'm just putting acid on my genitals without any reward or success!"

Dan · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 12, 2019

Aldara (imiquimod) for Condylomata Acuminata: "Aldara works, takes time and the side effects can be heavy. Mild depression, lethargy, hypertension, brain fog and headaches but persevere with it for results."

Lani July 5, 2019

Aldara (imiquimod) for Human Papilloma Virus: "I developed genital warts (GW) on my vulva going in my vajay jay. I was prescribed Aldara using it (Mon, Wed and Fri) for 16 weeks at bed time. I noticed change on my seventh application. The end of that third week 95 percent of my warts were gone. And the rest were gone in my 4th week. I am now free from GW but my Doc says I must continue to apply aldara until 16 weeks. I don't have any side effects , only headaches in first three weeks of using Aldara. My Doc also told me to apply vaseline on the skin that isn't affected around the warts before applying Aldara cream on the warts. I found this cream amazing and I am happy. The only thing its that , the cream is bloody expensive."

bean · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 27, 2019

Aldara (imiquimod) for Human Papilloma Virus: "Used the Aldara for genital warts, three times a week, and all was well at first. Wart size was beginning to decrease, and after a couple months, I started BURNING down there. Looked only to see how swollen and red it was. Not using it again"

Anonymous May 3, 2019

For Human Papilloma Virus: "Used imiquimod for HPV (a couple of genital warts) for 1 month at three times a week. After applying 2 times I started noticing an intense itch/burn in treated area. Aloe gel would cool n soothe the itch /burn, then started using ice packs, quit using toilet paper & have a bottle of water to rinse with instead. The itch is everywhere. Started applying Emla cream 2.5% lidocaine to all areas (local anesthetic. Freezing it stops the itch and numbs the burn. Realizing the itch is all new warts coming to surface. I'm well into my 4th week. Been told 6 weeks use from day started but with each continuous outbreak your 6 wks starts over. No less that 15 with the hood of my clitoris being the center of about 80% of them. I now use witch hazel, calamine, vitamin e & a 5% lidocaine med called jampocaine. I still wake in the night scratching from new ones breaking out. Horrible experience right from the start. Need this to be gone. Huge hit to my confidence. The pain literally consumes me. I even went back to gyno. He looked said its bad but its doing its job. So I'm sticking it out"

Q · Taken for less than 1 month April 26, 2019

For Human Papilloma Virus: "I've been using this for about 10 days and I've had a tremendous change. But during week two my vulva went from neutral to chaotic evil within a few days. I have burning itching and now I've discovered that I now have a few burns from this cream. I have to say that with this treatment it works. But the cost for the success is horrid."

HoneyMonster · Taken for less than 1 month April 26, 2019

For Human Papilloma Virus: "I've been using aldara 3 times a week for 3 weeks on genital and anal warts. I've had no burning or anything. Does this mean it's not working. It's really affecting my mental health all this. I can't stand them and I just want them to go! "

Q · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 15, 2019

For Human Papilloma Virus: "I've been using imiquimod for about 4 months, and none of my warts have gone away. One has gotten bigger, and another one has formed, however. I've experienced a rash on the side of my testicle and two open sores, all of which are in areas where I HAVEN'T applied the cream. I'm honestly baffled. This stuff appears to be completely useless for me."

Condoms save skin April 10, 2019

For Human Papilloma Virus: "Stock your liquor cabinet, it’s gonna be a long 2 months. When I first started using this medicine, I had virtually no symptoms. Warts were falling off (the medication seems to dry the warts out and they fall off), I felt great, life was amazing. Then about 2 weeks in, Body aches, nausea, diarrhea. That lasted for 2 days. Then the skin started to blister and bleed. Putting on the medication made me scream. When it started to burn when I peed, I decided to take a 3 day break from the medication so my lady parts could heal up. 3 days later, my vagina still looks really bad , but I can sit down without dying. We apply the cream again. Hurts like a son of a gun, but the next morning more warts are gone. Cool. I’ve got this. Currently it’s week 4 of the medication: I have 2 stubborn warts left, halfway through medication, my vagina still looks scary, and peeing no longer feels like childbirth. It works."

... March 21, 2019

Aldara (imiquimod) for Human Papilloma Virus: "I’ve been on the aldara for a week. My first application was okay no pain whatsoever. Note: I use small amounts overnight every alternative day on infected area on my labia. I realized that I was getting really tired the day after but that was it. After the first application it just got worse, the pain is unbearable. I can’t sleep at night because of the pain . I now have pink sores around the uninfected parts . The space between my thighs and vagina are pink and saw it also looks like eczema. But with all this pain, the cream is working wonders , in just a week 70% of my warts are gone. Just the stubborn ones are left. They are big but are getting smaller, but is it worth the pain ? I think so because I’m still continuing with it . I’m desperate for these to be gone and the cream is sure removing them . If you can’t take pain then don’t but if you’re a hardcore go getter like me, it’s worth the try . I hope this information helps someone this is my honest experience."

Dakota123 March 19, 2019

Zyclara (imiquimod) for Keratosis: "I'm on the second round of applying Zyclara, week two after using it for 2 weeks on and 2 weeks off. The first round I had no side effects and very minimal skin changes until day 13. I saw my dermatologist on day 15 and she said she would consider it a mild to moderate reaction. I had a crusty place on the bottom side of my nose, and a pimple like place on the skin next to my nose and one on my nose. I'm on day 8 of round 2 and noticed a pimple like place on the skin next to my nose in the same place as before. I was so scared to try this lotion after seeing the pictures of what could happen. I had MOH's surgery on my nose last summer and would like to avoid having that again if at all possible. I had good results, very minimal scarring and it's not noticeable now but the whole process of the surgery just grossed me out. My doctor wants me to apply the Zyclara for 3 two week on and two weeks off sessions. I hope this does the trick, it seems to be working."

Sybs February 10, 2019

Zyclara (imiquimod) for : "I have Basal cell cancer and had Multiple MOHs surgeries in past. Been using zyclara daily everywhere on face but upper lip for 10 days now. Doctor has me on a 2 week on, 2 week off and 2 weeks on again schedule. So far I have had no reaction to cream. Maybe that’s a blessing but concerned that maybe drug is bad?"

Spanger · Taken for less than 1 month February 9, 2019

For Human Papilloma Virus: "I had genital warts 10 years ago that I cleared with Condylox and with time, but they came back a few weeks ago. I was kind of bummed and confused because I had read everywhere that cases usually clear in two years and don’t return. This is my first time using Aldara. I’m a week in and I was applying 3 days in a row and then 4 off. The first two days had no side affects. I am on day 2 of my “off” cycle and my flu-like symptoms are insane. Extreme chills, aches, fever, nausea. I was a little scared but realized it was from the Aldara. I’m going to use less next time and use it every other day. I’ve also developed a Bartholin cyst (which I’m prone to) during this treatment, so it’s extra painful. Fingers crossed!"

Anonymous February 6, 2019

Zyclara (imiquimod) for Condylomata Acuminata: "Used 6 days and now have over 50 spots on face, 30 on neck and chest with 11 fever blisters. Felt feverish, achey, sick at stomach, headache and lower back pain. I guess I’m weak, because I can’t go another day."

Smurfette · Taken for less than 1 month February 3, 2019

Aldara (imiquimod) for Human Papilloma Virus: "Black female aged between 24 and 28. Used Aldara for about 1 month, 3 times a week- Saturday, Tuesday and Thursday and washed it off after 10 hours. The wart was on my perineum area. First week on this medication made the wart increase in size, bummer. However, by the end of the second week, the wart had drastically reduced in size. For the first two weeks, I used a whole sachet for each application (realized later this was some sort of over dosage) and might explain the on and off sore throat I experienced during this time. Reduced my dose for the last two weeks- one sachet for 3 applications. In total, I ended up using 8 sachets from the recommended 12. Keeping the rest in case of any re-occurrence. Strangely enough, I only experienced burning and irritation on the last two weeks when I was using a more reduced dosage. There's also minor discoloration where the wart was."

Why January 5, 2019

For Human Papilloma Virus: "So I was told I had a few little warts near my vagina and butt after I gave birth. I wanted to try something a little less dramatic than the acid so I opted for the cream and now I wish I had just let her use the acid. The first time I used it was no big deal. It was after the second time that I started to feel the burn and itching. I figured it was no big deal a minor side effect. The next day I had a doc appointment she looked at it before my pap and told me it looked fine. Then I went home used it for the third time and that will probably be the last time. The day after I woke up to complete burning and itching everything hurt sitting walking peeing evening taking a bath burned like hell. I look one look at my vagina and it was red swollen it looked almost like I had been burned. The pain is so bad I took a shower and cried the entire time. DON'T USE THIS CREAM. You will find a bunch of other women say this cream did nothing but cause them pain. I wish I had done my research."

Cursed · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 3, 2019

Zyclara (imiquimod) for Keratosis: "Used Zyclara for basal cell carcinoma behind my ear just smaller than an eraser head. 6 weeks straight. Did the trick with no scarring other than from the punch biopsy. No side effects other than the huge ugly scar that formed but I just wore my hair in a way that hid it. Previously used Aldara on my chest but did experience mild, brief episodes of nausea for a couple days but quite tolerable."

Sue · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 1, 2019

Aldara (imiquimod) for Basal Cell Carcinoma: "I have been using Aldara for 5 and a half weeks, on a BCC that was scrapped off. Strangely nothing has happened, I have applied it as recommended, but there is nothing (except the scar from the scrapping) to show for it! Money not well spent!"

Hey · Taken for less than 1 month December 18, 2018

For Human Papilloma Virus: "Well I have some warts on the shaft of my penis, and in the pubic area. Doctor took a biopsy and told me it’s bowenoid papulosis. I was obviously upset which lasted a couple days. I got my cream and only paid 10 dollars due to my insurance covering the bulk of it. First week and the bigger wart has already lost some of its shape and gotten smaller, just really itchy at times as I am applying a little of it, the other ones on my pubic area are really small so I’m just putting a dot of cream on them. For the bigger one like I said looks like it’s getting smaller. Will post my follow up as I have to go back in three weeks."

Acadie182 · Taken for less than 1 month December 17, 2018

For Human Papilloma Virus: "Been using zyclara 3.75% daily for about 4 weeks... had a small cluster of wart on left side of scrotum and they disappeared within the first 2 weeks. I have other warts at the base of the shaft. The cream has shrunk them a lot so far. They seem to be drying up and will probably fall ... Will repost after my 8 weeks or when I run out of zyclara which ever comes first. I stopped using on the spots where the warts are gone. They haven't returned. Was almost scared to use this cream after reading the reviews. They're will be a slight burning and itching feeling but that means it works. I didn't have a major reaction to it bit I'm also being careful with it. Applying to the wart only and not putting too much."

Dots · Taken for less than 1 month December 12, 2018

Aldara (imiquimod) for Basal Cell Carcinoma: "I had cancer in situ on the glans (top of my penis). I used Efudix for 6 weeks and didn't have any side effects. Now its reduced to a Basaliom (pre stage to cancer) which is from HPV virus. So doctor gave med Aldara. Used a small amount for 4 days. Had to stop, fever, swollen glands, backpain, burning and blood spots on my penis, can't pee without screaming. Even water hurts!!"

LAD · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 12, 2018

For Basal Cell Carcinoma: "I’ve used this multiple times. All on the face. While the treatment is not pretty or painless the results are wonderful. With surgery I would have had to undergo plastic surgery to rebuild cheek area. This treatment was well worth the pain and discomfort. Skin is healthy and no surgeries. Be prepared to be stared at and don’t plan any important business/social event during treatment. It truly is ugly. But again, 6 weeks of discomfort for exceptional result is worth it to me. My skin was covered in large oozing scabs that didn’t feel good. Washing was miserable. But you can get through anything for 6 weeks for such great results. I’d do it again in a heartbeat. Pain, discomfort, headache, better than surgery any day."

Sdollar · Taken for 5 to 10 years December 11, 2018

Zyclara (imiquimod) for Keratosis: "58 yo female, fair but I do tan. First basal cell at 27; MOHs surgery x2 . Also squamous cells and ##AKs & SKs frozen every 6 months. Aldara too intense. Been using Zyclara every winter for YEARS. Haven’t been brave enough to do my face but need to. Takes 5-7 days to start seeing effect; usually stop around day 10. It’s like trying to stop a speeding train - continues to intensify for several days after stopping. Oozy, itchy just like everybody says but it works! Flu-like symptoms because Zyclara stimulates an immune response. NOT topical chemo. I do one area at a time and rotate - back or chest or arms or legs. Stimulated lymph nodes are a normal immune response. If I feel “flu” I hold off for 2 days. Believe me the train keeps running but the symptoms reside. Every other day from there then it’s time to stop. I love that it flares spots I can’t see and heals better than burn/scrape or freeze. It’s a drag but I’m glad to have the option."

Henny · Taken for 6 months to 1 year December 2, 2018

Aldara (imiquimod) for Human Papilloma Virus: "Was on this for months. Two warts on the penis tip cleared very well, but came back as soon as treatment was paused. Other warts on the shaft, foreskin, under the foreskin shrunk in size during treatment but never cleared. The cream caused a lot of burning sensations on the skin and was very uncomfortable. The foreskin became weak and lost some elasticity during treatment and as a result broke several times during washing. By contrast, Podophyllotoxin cleared almost all warts in about three weeks (many of them later reappeared though) and while causing some degree of discomfort it wasn't comparable to Aldara."

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)