User Reviews for Imiquimod

Keratosis

Molluscum Contagiosum

Summary of Imiquimod reviews 7.1 282 reviews

Reviews for Imiquimod

For Human Papilloma Virus: "Diagnosed with HPV causes vulvar precancerous lesions (known as VIN) . I had to have surgery to remove an ulcer that didn’t heal. Yes ladies, know the symptoms! I’ve beem using aldara 2-3 times a week for about 3 weeks now. I’ve had swollen lymph nodes. Parts of my vulva are red and painful but it settles down for a day just in time to reapply it. Overall it hasn’t been as bad as I was expecting based on other reviews and I’ve had eczema, general skin sensitivities my whole life, so it surprised me. VIN is good for coming back so I’ll take the cream over another surgery, hoping to knock it down. Also, took the gardasil shot in hopes of possible therapeutic effect as seen in some studies and a current trial."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 3, 2018

For Human Papilloma Virus: "Absolutely hate this condition!!!! Not even sure if this medication is working, it seemed to have created more warts! :( also down there area is always red and swollen now so I'm not sure if I should continue this. I’ve been using it for 1 1/2 months and I’ve only seen a couple go away, but there is still redness in that area. Anyone experience that?? I’ll keep you guys posted! Any tips for getting rid of this faster would be much appreciated!! Just want to get rid of the redness (and warts obviously)"

Ughmylife September 29, 2018

Aldara (imiquimod) for Human Papilloma Virus: "I’ve been using Aldara for just over 2 weeks now for anal warts. The sachet with the cream is so small that I assume you just used one entire packet however upon reading reviews people started with less and worked their way to more. I have had no flu or nausea symptoms but I got open slightly bleeding blisters leaking a lot of fluid around my perineum and on the outer rim of my anus. I have to have some absorbent material there 24/7 or it becomes too wet and irritated. However the warts themselves have gone from cauliflower to tiny barely recognizable bumps in the tiny amount of time I’ve been using it. So it has worked but my body was definitely not ready for the dose I applied. Recommend starting small amounts using cotton swap onto direct area and using more from there once your body is used to it"

User1 (taken for less than 1 month) September 25, 2018

For Human Papilloma Virus: "I had one wart on the shaft of my penis, thought it was a skin tag as I get them on my waist line every once in a while. I've been using the medication for a month, no severe burning, but I apply during the day while I'm working so I don't notice it. I do feel tired and drained, but that may just be life ha. However, jokes aside, I've not noticed a decrease in size and there is some discoloration on the skin area around it. I don't care about the discoloration, I just want it gone. Will report back as it's only been 4 weeks. Trying to stay positive because who wants warts.... I was pretty depressed initially."

Franky37 September 24, 2018

For Human Papilloma Virus: "The first application went well but the second application - idk what happen but I'm never using this cream again. Then I had the chills followed by a 101.7 fever. My labia also started to swell. This flu symptoms lasted another day and then completely stopped. But now my labia is so swollen, I can’t even see what’s inside anymore. I went to the hospital they prescribe me antibiotics and said I now have a severe yeast infection when I didn't a few days ago. It hurts to urinate. It hurts to walk. It hurts to move. My labia still burns like hell and it makes me want to cry because when I look down at my inner thigh my skin looks ruined. I think the doctor used me as test dummy for this cream."

Ruined my skin (taken for less than 1 month) September 23, 2018

Aldara (imiquimod) for Human Papilloma Virus: "Used this cream every day for a week, had no side effects and the warts are now completely gone! Didn’t have a large outbreak to begin with, but the cream really did wonders- fast."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) September 18, 2018

For Human Papilloma Virus: "I originally had just a few very very small GW. My “doctor” or healthcare provider was using the TCA (trichloroacetic acid) treatment to erase them, it was working great but she ran out of it and said that it was on back order. She prescribed me with Imiquimod and told me that I could apply it everywhere within the labia. My first application went well. No side effects. However, during my second application and few days later went terribly wrong. The morning after that second application, my body started to hurt. Then I had the chills followed by a 101.7 fever. My labia also started to swell. This flu symptoms lasted another day and then completely stopped. But now my labia is so swollen, I can’t even see what’s inside anymore. It’s also creating pus from somewhere in there. A bit scared. I went back to this “doctor” and she prescribed me with antibiotics and said it was due to my vagina not liking the treatment. It hurts to urinate. It hurts to walk. It hurts to move."

SickofThis September 14, 2018

For Human Papilloma Virus: "I contracted HPV and my doctor prescribed the Imiquimod 5% to be applied every other day. I had about 10 small warts on and under my foreskin and 1 larger one on the tip. Eventually they all shrank in size and disappeared, though it took several months. The medication burned when used under my foreskin but subsided after several applications. I didn’t experience any severe side effects but it took a long time to work."

Cesar (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 11, 2018

Aldara (imiquimod) for Human Papilloma Virus: "Aldara is super efficient. Here is my advice: -only apply 3 times a week, reduce if you feel too much pain. -when starting the treatment, only apply a really tiny amount of cream on each wart with the end of a cotton bud. Only when you are ready, start applying a tiny bit more but it should stay minimal. -it will create discomfort. Use baby wipes for the toilet; buy an intimate gel to take care of the area that is infected. I took 2 showers a day during the treatment to keep the area clean at all times. No pyjama bottoms to avoid any contact. -the pain is OKAY. It can burn healthy skin in the night when the warts with cream rub against it. Put some tiny plasters opposite the wart for the night. It gets itchy during the day, but stay busy. - be positive: eat healthily, stop smoking. Have someone to help you go through it. Had 6 genital warts and 5 were completely gone by week 2. Still treating 1 but it's now barely visible. Go for it and good luck, stay positive!"

M56 August 26, 2018

For Human Papilloma Virus: "I used this a couple times to get rid of warts under my foreskin. So far it looks like my warts and getting bigger but I still have hope for it working. I am also getting every possible side affect except it burning in the spot I apply it? I feel fatigue, headache, ear ache, my pelvic bone feels super sore, and extreme diarrhea. I will use it the remainder of the course and hope all this pain is worth it in the end"

Niggz (taken for less than 1 month) August 22, 2018

For Human Papilloma Virus: "This is my 2nd time having to apply internally on the end of a tampon and leave inserted for 40 mins to treat HPV (pre cancerous cells on vagina wall and cervix - VAIN 2/3) every week for 12 weeks. First time resulted in only a small patch being left. I didn’t experience any real issues until week 10.... extreme fatigue, sores in mouth and persistent cough. However this time from the beginning my joints ache, I have dreadful cramps in lower back and stomach, severe diarrhoea, headache, extreme fatigue and the experience I had from drinking alcohol while on this treatment is not to be repeated. I cannot believe such a tiny amount of cream once a week can cause such havoc on your body and mental emotional state. However saying all that I will continue the course as hopefully this will clear my HPV!!!!"

Loz (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 15, 2018

Aldara (imiquimod) for Human Papilloma Virus: "It’s day ten and I have used aldara continuously in the first four days and stopped at the fifth day because the pain was unbearable and wanted to take a break. The burning urination was still there along the itchiness, white discharge and burning sensation overall. Pain started to ease on day 8 and I had sex and didn’t feel any discomfort (just embarrassment lol). Today I took a look at my vagina and I was happy to see that most of my GWs were either completely gone or has gotten smaller. I applied aldara again since I have no pain or discomfort and will continue to take it. Again, hope this works and will keep you updated. G."

G (taken for less than 1 month) August 12, 2018

For Human Papilloma Virus: "I have been using aldara for around 2 months. I had no side effects and it took a while to start working. A while being more than a month. I felt as though I was lucky to no have side effects as compared to other people on this strong drug. Unfortunately my luck turned against me and I got what would be the worse pain in my glans penis. My glans is very sore and tender with extreme hypersensitivity that has not responded to topical ointments including potent steroid cream, herbal applications l, and terrasil (for balanitis). It has not been days 6 and nothing has improved my pain. I feel hopeless. I can’t wear any underwear without pain. When I am naked and there is no direct touching of the penis to anything I feel just fine."

fML (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 10, 2018

Aldara (imiquimod) for Human Papilloma Virus: "I had anal warts last year, I thought it was just a bump and it would disappear in no time. But it was growing bigger instead. Then I knew it was anal warts, so I searched for the remedy. I've tried so many treatment but nothing works. I've tried ACV (apple cidar vinegar) the warts disappeared but somehow it went back. Then I came to aldara. I used it 1 sachet for a week. And thens nothing happen for about 3 weeks, then I see the change in the 4th week. The warts are shrinking slowly. I stopped the treatment in the 9th week. Now my warts are completely gone. Glad that I didn't get the side effect, just flu symptom for just weeks and I didn't get any burns or itchy in the warts area. But this is the 5th months after I stopped the treatment, I feel my anus isn't as elastic as before, I often feel little bit pain "

Rai August 9, 2018

For Human Papilloma Virus: "Hey guys I was wondering if someone could share on this website what the burning typically looks like. I had a cluster on my leg and I’ve been using zyclara 3x a week for 6 weeks now and I have a pretty horrible burn/ I’m not sure if it is normal! If someone could please share the appearance of their burn that would help a lot so I could know if I need to see a doc before my appointment. Thanks!"

galpal156 August 8, 2018

For Keratosis: "It's a relief to find here that all the side-effects others have listed I also am experiencing. I went 7 or 8 days before taking 2 days off. I'm bald and so, for now, the treatment area is all on the top of my head. I have about 30 growing red bumps; the pain and itching are manageable. The worst part is flu-like symptoms, low energy (can barely take care of daily essentials), loss of appetite, and inability to sleep (this side effect just started last night so hoping it subsides quickly). I'm about 2 weeks in now with 3 or 4 weeks to go. Yes, it's highly unpleasant for many but still, as others have commented, perhaps the best alternative to lesser-effective treatments. BEFORE YOU TAKE THIS MEDICINE: If possible, have someone that will grocery shop for you and walk the dogs, etc. There will be days when you're too weak and nauseated to do this if you're like me."

Brad August 7, 2018

Aldara (imiquimod) for Human Papilloma Virus: "Day four of using aldara on my genital area I have over 20 genital warts (GW) scattered all over my vagina and few in the entrance of my vagina (size of a pinky fingernail) I've used aldara everyday and this is my fourth day. I started getting side effects on the third day (burning, itching, white vaginal discharge and painful urination) I have a pretty good pain thresh hold hence why I’m using it every day. I noticed today that one GW is getting smaller which was the biggest one on my left labia entrance. I hope this works and will keep you updated."

G (taken for less than 1 month) August 7, 2018

For Human Papilloma Virus: "I had a a very small hard but painless bump on my perineum. After two weeks, it grew a little bit & was very wart like so I became concerned & went to the gyno. When he saw it, he was very nonchalant about it, he even suggested I leave it alone because more than likely it’d disappear on it’s own. I insisted I’d prefer to get medication so he prescribed Aldara. He did confirm I indeed had contracted HPV which caused the wart. I did a Pap smear after & he suggested I get the vaccine for HPV. The medication worked wonders! I used one sachet for 6 days in total — by using it every other day; you really only need a very tiny amount. I had no irritation, itching or burning. By the 5th use, the wart was barely visible."

Clara (taken for less than 1 month) July 23, 2018

For Keratosis: "My dermatologist prescribed imiquimod (very $$) for my chronically peeling skin & squamous cell cancer in situ on my nose. I used it as directed for 8 days when I noticed a large, weeping sore worsening on my lip and torn mucous membranes inside my lip. I was told this was not related to the drug. But after doing research and seeing identical pictures online, I stopped applying the drug. My symptoms continued for 2 weeks- excruciating pain, swelling, cracking and bleeding lips, large ulcers inside my mouth - it was horrible. I also became anxious, agitated, and kept crying out of the blue- not at all like myself. Using this drug was a big mistake. And I still have my original peeling nose."

Suzie (taken for less than 1 month) July 14, 2018

Zyclara (imiquimod) for Keratosis: "My dr prescribed Zyclara for use on some areas on my face she was concerned about. Zyclara gets rids if the cancerous cells. After the first few days it started working, oh boy! To be honest I looked like a drug addict, my face was red with blisters, open sores and itchy. The only side effect I experienced was a mild/moderate headache so the process was very tolerable for me. Second round and very little disruption of the skin. Before you start the treatment you may want to check your calendar for any upcoming events such as weddings, reunions, parties and such because your skin will look terrible during treatment. The initial treatment was awful but the end result and the way my skin looks is well worth the discomfort. Some insurance plans do not cover the cost of Zyclara because it’s extremely expensive. Ask your Dr for coupons or look online as most insurance companies won’t cover it."

KC (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 6, 2018

Aldara (imiquimod) for Human Papilloma Virus: "Aldara works wonders. I used it as prescribed and with in 2 weeks, most of the really large lesions were gone! The only downside to Aldara is the side effects. The itching, swelling and redness around the affected area was almost unbearable! I’m on my 5th week of treatment and honestly, I can’t wait for this to be over"

Girl (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 28, 2018

For Human Papilloma Virus: "Laying in bed, up at night because of this medication. Was originally using Apple cider vinegar to treat the few warts I had but the process was slow and wasn't sure if it was working. I went to my doctor and prescribed this medication with zero information given to me on the possible side effects. I literally had to research them myself. Week 1 was good but after week 1 I started feeling pain around urethra opening but it wasn't that bad so I didn't think much of it. I continued taking the medication but after 2 weeks I had to stop. I had developed blisters, swelling, and redness. My warts were starting to fade away up until that point but I couldn't continue because of the pain. My vagina feels like a war zone. I just want it to clear up so I can go back to my normal life."

sue (taken for less than 1 month) June 28, 2018

Aldara (imiquimod) for Human Papilloma Virus: "Been using to treat HPV vaginally 3 times a week for 6 weeks with a few short breaks needed in between for discomfort to ease. Developed fluid in my ears immediately, but I cannot be sure whether or not it's a side effect from the cream. Have experienced occasional elevated temps as high as 103+ and vertigo. Also extreme fatigue. This is all very unlike me. The fluid in my ear doesn't seem to want to go away after 2 different antibiotics and chiropractic adjustments to allow the fluid to drain."

sue (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 27, 2018

Aldara (imiquimod) for Human Papilloma Virus: "I am on to my second week now of aldara. My first 2 days I applied way to much and was in severe agony was waking up in tears with pain - burning, itching, hurt to walk and sit down also when urinating. I took a 3 day break and have been applying a lot less now and comes with a lot less pain, so anyone starting treatment you do not need much product!!! I learned that the hard way. Gets very itchy and uncomfortable but nothing unbearable like the first 2 days. I have been having other bad side effects - horrible dreams, chills, headaches, trouble sleeping and general aches and pains but so far so good as the Aldara seems to be working so I am looking forward to to my next couple of weeks of treatment."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 21, 2018

For Human Papilloma Virus: "This cream worked within a week and I was quite surprised the bump just dropped right off. I just had a genital wart the size of a pin. I did not read the instructions and lathered it on and creams leaked to vagina and burns so much to urinate and walk SO I would advise follow the directions apply directly to the bump and rub in wash it off in 6-10 hours I did not do this at all. But this worked well though thanks"

Mimi (taken for less than 1 month) June 19, 2018