User Reviews for Imiquimod topical

6.4

Molluscum Contagiosum

Summary of Imiquimod reviews 7.0 304 reviews

Reviews for Imiquimod

For Human Papilloma Virus: "I've been using imiquimod for about 4 months, and none of my warts have gone away. One has gotten bigger, and another one has formed, however. I've experienced a rash on the side of my testicle and two open sores, all of which are in areas where I HAVEN'T applied the cream. I'm honestly baffled. This stuff appears to be completely useless for me."

Q (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 15, 2019

For Human Papilloma Virus: "Stock your liquor cabinet, it’s gonna be a long 2 months. When I first started using this medicine, I had virtually no symptoms. Warts were falling off (the medication seems to dry the warts out and they fall off), I felt great, life was amazing. Then about 2 weeks in, Body aches, nausea, diarrhea. That lasted for 2 days. Then the skin started to blister and bleed. Putting on the medication made me scream. When it started to burn when I peed, I decided to take a 3 day break from the medication so my lady parts could heal up. 3 days later, my vagina still looks really bad , but I can sit down without dying. We apply the cream again. Hurts like a son of a gun, but the next morning more warts are gone. Cool. I’ve got this. Currently it’s week 4 of the medication: I have 2 stubborn warts left, halfway through medication, my vagina still looks scary, and peeing no longer feels like childbirth. It works."

Condoms save skin April 10, 2019

Aldara (imiquimod) for Human Papilloma Virus: "I’ve been on the aldara for a week. My first application was okay no pain whatsoever. Note: I use small amounts overnight every alternative day on infected area on my labia. I realized that I was getting really tired the day after but that was it. After the first application it just got worse, the pain is unbearable. I can’t sleep at night because of the pain . I now have pink sores around the uninfected parts . The space between my thighs and vagina are pink and saw it also looks like eczema. But with all this pain, the cream is working wonders , in just a week 70% of my warts are gone. Just the stubborn ones are left. They are big but are getting smaller, but is it worth the pain ? I think so because I’m still continuing with it . I’m desperate for these to be gone and the cream is sure removing them . If you can’t take pain then don’t but if you’re a hardcore go getter like me, it’s worth the try . I hope this information helps someone this is my honest experience."

... March 21, 2019

Zyclara (imiquimod) for Keratosis: "I'm on the second round of applying Zyclara, week two after using it for 2 weeks on and 2 weeks off. The first round I had no side effects and very minimal skin changes until day 13. I saw my dermatologist on day 15 and she said she would consider it a mild to moderate reaction. I had a crusty place on the bottom side of my nose, and a pimple like place on the skin next to my nose and one on my nose. I'm on day 8 of round 2 and noticed a pimple like place on the skin next to my nose in the same place as before. I was so scared to try this lotion after seeing the pictures of what could happen. I had MOH's surgery on my nose last summer and would like to avoid having that again if at all possible. I had good results, very minimal scarring and it's not noticeable now but the whole process of the surgery just grossed me out. My doctor wants me to apply the Zyclara for 3 two week on and two weeks off sessions. I hope this does the trick, it seems to be working."

Dakota123 March 19, 2019

Zyclara (imiquimod) for : "I have Basal cell cancer and had Multiple MOHs surgeries in past. Been using zyclara daily everywhere on face but upper lip for 10 days now. Doctor has me on a 2 week on, 2 week off and 2 weeks on again schedule. So far I have had no reaction to cream. Maybe that’s a blessing but concerned that maybe drug is bad?"

Sybs February 10, 2019

For Human Papilloma Virus: "I had genital warts 10 years ago that I cleared with Condylox and with time, but they came back a few weeks ago. I was kind of bummed and confused because I had read everywhere that cases usually clear in two years and don’t return. This is my first time using Aldara. I’m a week in and I was applying 3 days in a row and then 4 off. The first two days had no side affects. I am on day 2 of my “off” cycle and my flu-like symptoms are insane. Extreme chills, aches, fever, nausea. I was a little scared but realized it was from the Aldara. I’m going to use less next time and use it every other day. I’ve also developed a Bartholin cyst (which I’m prone to) during this treatment, so it’s extra painful. Fingers crossed!"

Spanger (taken for less than 1 month) February 9, 2019

Zyclara (imiquimod) for Condylomata Acuminata: "Used 6 days and now have over 50 spots on face, 30 on neck and chest with 11 fever blisters. Felt feverish, achey, sick at stomach, headache and lower back pain. I guess I’m weak, because I can’t go another day."

Anonymous February 6, 2019

Aldara (imiquimod) for Human Papilloma Virus: "Black female aged between 24 and 28. Used Aldara for about 1 month, 3 times a week- Saturday, Tuesday and Thursday and washed it off after 10 hours. The wart was on my perineum area. First week on this medication made the wart increase in size, bummer. However, by the end of the second week, the wart had drastically reduced in size. For the first two weeks, I used a whole sachet for each application (realized later this was some sort of over dosage) and might explain the on and off sore throat I experienced during this time. Reduced my dose for the last two weeks- one sachet for 3 applications. In total, I ended up using 8 sachets from the recommended 12. Keeping the rest in case of any re-occurrence. Strangely enough, I only experienced burning and irritation on the last two weeks when I was using a more reduced dosage. There's also minor discoloration where the wart was."

Smurfette (taken for less than 1 month) February 3, 2019

For Human Papilloma Virus: "So I was told I had a few little warts near my vagina and butt after I gave birth. I wanted to try something a little less dramatic than the acid so I opted for the cream and now I wish I had just let her use the acid. The first time I used it was no big deal. It was after the second time that I started to feel the burn and itching. I figured it was no big deal a minor side effect. The next day I had a doc appointment she looked at it before my pap and told me it looked fine. Then I went home used it for the third time and that will probably be the last time. The day after I woke up to complete burning and itching everything hurt sitting walking peeing evening taking a bath burned like hell. I look one look at my vagina and it was red swollen it looked almost like I had been burned. The pain is so bad I took a shower and cried the entire time. DON'T USE THIS CREAM. You will find a bunch of other women say this cream did nothing but cause them pain. I wish I had done my research."

Why January 5, 2019

Zyclara (imiquimod) for Keratosis: "Used Zyclara for basal cell carcinoma behind my ear just smaller than an eraser head. 6 weeks straight. Did the trick with no scarring other than from the punch biopsy. No side effects other than the huge ugly scar that formed but I just wore my hair in a way that hid it. Previously used Aldara on my chest but did experience mild, brief episodes of nausea for a couple days but quite tolerable."

Cursed (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 3, 2019

Aldara (imiquimod) for Basal Cell Carcinoma: "I have been using Aldara for 5 and a half weeks, on a BCC that was scrapped off. Strangely nothing has happened, I have applied it as recommended, but there is nothing (except the scar from the scrapping) to show for it! Money not well spent!"

Sue (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 1, 2019

For Human Papilloma Virus: "Well I have some warts on the shaft of my penis, and in the pubic area. Doctor took a biopsy and told me it’s bowenoid papulosis. I was obviously upset which lasted a couple days. I got my cream and only paid 10 dollars due to my insurance covering the bulk of it. First week and the bigger wart has already lost some of its shape and gotten smaller, just really itchy at times as I am applying a little of it, the other ones on my pubic area are really small so I’m just putting a dot of cream on them. For the bigger one like I said looks like it’s getting smaller. Will post my follow up as I have to go back in three weeks."

Hey (taken for less than 1 month) December 18, 2018

For Human Papilloma Virus: "Been using zyclara 3.75% daily for about 4 weeks... had a small cluster of wart on left side of scrotum and they disappeared within the first 2 weeks. I have other warts at the base of the shaft. The cream has shrunk them a lot so far. They seem to be drying up and will probably fall ... Will repost after my 8 weeks or when I run out of zyclara which ever comes first. I stopped using on the spots where the warts are gone. They haven't returned. Was almost scared to use this cream after reading the reviews. They're will be a slight burning and itching feeling but that means it works. I didn't have a major reaction to it bit I'm also being careful with it. Applying to the wart only and not putting too much."

Acadie182 (taken for less than 1 month) December 17, 2018

Aldara (imiquimod) for Basal Cell Carcinoma: "I had cancer in situ on the glans (top of my penis). I used Efudix for 6 weeks and didn't have any side effects. Now its reduced to a Basaliom (pre stage to cancer) which is from HPV virus. So doctor gave med Aldara. Used a small amount for 4 days. Had to stop, fever, swollen glands, backpain, burning and blood spots on my penis, can't pee without screaming. Even water hurts!!"

Dots (taken for less than 1 month) December 12, 2018

For Basal Cell Carcinoma: "I’ve used this multiple times. All on the face. While the treatment is not pretty or painless the results are wonderful. With surgery I would have had to undergo plastic surgery to rebuild cheek area. This treatment was well worth the pain and discomfort. Skin is healthy and no surgeries. Be prepared to be stared at and don’t plan any important business/social event during treatment. It truly is ugly. But again, 6 weeks of discomfort for exceptional result is worth it to me. My skin was covered in large oozing scabs that didn’t feel good. Washing was miserable. But you can get through anything for 6 weeks for such great results. I’d do it again in a heartbeat. Pain, discomfort, headache, better than surgery any day."

LAD (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 12, 2018

Zyclara (imiquimod) for Keratosis: "58 yo female, fair but I do tan. First basal cell at 27; MOHs surgery x2 . Also squamous cells and ##AKs & SKs frozen every 6 months. Aldara too intense. Been using Zyclara every winter for YEARS. Haven’t been brave enough to do my face but need to. Takes 5-7 days to start seeing effect; usually stop around day 10. It’s like trying to stop a speeding train - continues to intensify for several days after stopping. Oozy, itchy just like everybody says but it works! Flu-like symptoms because Zyclara stimulates an immune response. NOT topical chemo. I do one area at a time and rotate - back or chest or arms or legs. Stimulated lymph nodes are a normal immune response. If I feel “flu” I hold off for 2 days. Believe me the train keeps running but the symptoms reside. Every other day from there then it’s time to stop. I love that it flares spots I can’t see and heals better than burn/scrape or freeze. It’s a drag but I’m glad to have the option."

Sdollar (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 11, 2018

Aldara (imiquimod) for Human Papilloma Virus: "Was on this for months. Two warts on the penis tip cleared very well, but came back as soon as treatment was paused. Other warts on the shaft, foreskin, under the foreskin shrunk in size during treatment but never cleared. The cream caused a lot of burning sensations on the skin and was very uncomfortable. The foreskin became weak and lost some elasticity during treatment and as a result broke several times during washing. By contrast, Podophyllotoxin cleared almost all warts in about three weeks (many of them later reappeared though) and while causing some degree of discomfort it wasn't comparable to Aldara."

Henny (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 2, 2018

Aldara (imiquimod) for Basal Cell Carcinoma: "3 weeks only using it at night Monday/Wednesday/Friday only. No side effects but masked probably because I have Parkinsons. Small area only above Temple . No result really although feeling it now there is a rough patch so pleased. I would like to use for another week but not sure if advisable. I had a stinging sensation for years which GP’s just waved their hands in the air as if to say nothing to worry about until I saw a GP 3 weeks ago. He prescribed this cream and I believe it’s now doing its job."

Bridielena (taken for less than 1 month) December 1, 2018

For Human Papilloma Virus: "My warts are gone and its only been a week!!!!! Leave it on overnight that's the secret....I had 2 and now I have none"

uggabugga (taken for less than 1 month) November 28, 2018

For Human Papilloma Virus: "This is my first time using it my doctor had told me to put on twice a day for three days and take a four day break I had put it on sparingly but then rubbed it in and the spots where the Genital Warts were is fine and clearing up with this being my first week but the unaffected skin is very very sore and like you just skinned your balls so I am on my four-day break and I will apply only a pin point drop of this medicine on the affected areas and use anything to cover up the unaffected area so be very very sparingly when applying this medicine other than my mistake for rubbing it in this medicine is at least a nine out of 10 for getting rid of GW and also take a shower every day"

None (taken for less than 1 month) November 8, 2018

For Condylomata Acuminata: "i was diagnosed with Gential Warts last month and was told to apply the imiquimod 5% 3 times a week. When I applied the medicine I just laid it on with it sitting on my scrotum (unaffected area) my first week went well but I guess I never rubbed it in (because I wasn't told how to apply the damn medicine!)..I had a wart under the base of my penis and 9 small ones on top near the base..now on the 2nd week I have blisters and sores that ooze pus! Even the doctor told me she was sure that it was herpes! Now I don't know if i have herpes or not but from reviews I see here, I hope that its just a severe reaction and nothing else! My culture reading should be in soon!"

genital warts (taken for less than 1 month) November 4, 2018

Aldara (imiquimod) for Basal Cell Carcinoma: "I'm now 82 after 4 surgeries on my face I was given Aldara ..it may make big red ugly areas but with patience it does the job. You may think you just have a small area that is affected but wow..it's usually a larger area than you think. That's why I think it's better that doing the MOH's surgery."

old Iris (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 4, 2018

For Human Papilloma Virus: "Doesn’t work"

Maz October 19, 2018

For Human Papilloma Virus: "Diagnosed with HPV causes vulvar precancerous lesions (known as VIN) . I had to have surgery to remove an ulcer that didn’t heal. Yes ladies, know the symptoms! I’ve beem using aldara 2-3 times a week for about 3 weeks now. I’ve had swollen lymph nodes. Parts of my vulva are red and painful but it settles down for a day just in time to reapply it. Overall it hasn’t been as bad as I was expecting based on other reviews and I’ve had eczema, general skin sensitivities my whole life, so it surprised me. VIN is good for coming back so I’ll take the cream over another surgery, hoping to knock it down. Also, took the gardasil shot in hopes of possible therapeutic effect as seen in some studies and a current trial."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 3, 2018

For Human Papilloma Virus: "Absolutely hate this condition!!!! Not even sure if this medication is working, it seemed to have created more warts! :( also down there area is always red and swollen now so I'm not sure if I should continue this. I’ve been using it for 1 1/2 months and I’ve only seen a couple go away, but there is still redness in that area. Anyone experience that?? I’ll keep you guys posted! Any tips for getting rid of this faster would be much appreciated!! Just want to get rid of the redness (and warts obviously)"

Ughmylife September 29, 2018