User Reviews for Imiquimod

Also known as: Aldara, Zyclara

Learn more about Imiquimod.

Condylomata Acuminata 4 reviews 6 medications

Basal Cell Carcinoma 32 reviews 8 medications

6.8
Summary of Imiquimod reviews 186 reviews 7.3

Reviews for Imiquimod

For Basal Cell Carcinoma: "not fun"

Kenny S January 14, 2017

For Human Papilloma Virus: "It's been almost one month since using this medication and it is slowly but surely working. My lifted GW is now almost flat. My other small barely raised GW's are hardly visible. Unfortunately, my warts are on my clitoris which I haven't seen or heard anyone elses having warts in this area. My clitoris and skin surrounding the area is pretty sensitive, red, and raw. Yes, you may get some "burning lesions " most likely a chemical burn. Do not glob this medication on. Just a thin layer will do. I learned that the hard way. I still get some oozing from the lesions kinda looks like pus, but this is normal with this cream. I can't wait to see the end!"

aqw (taken for less than 1 month) January 13, 2017

For Human Papilloma Virus: "I've been using for about 2 weeks now, I have warts right by vaginally entry and surrounding lips. First week I didn't really feel much difference but now I am in SO much pain from the burning! Going to the toilet and sitting down without screaming in pain are my biggest challenges...rightly or wrongly I've read other' stories, as well as a dermatologist article who all infer burning means it's working (for those that don't know it is a chemical burn cream, that's how it gets rid of the warts). I haven't stopped using it as the warts are going, but if anyone can offer ways to relive the pain and confirm I'm still going to have a fully functioning vagina at the end of this (laugh, you have to with these things!) I'd be super grateful!..."

Girl.in.Pain.UK January 11, 2017

For Human Papilloma Virus: "My doctor used liquid nitrogen oh my genital warts. And prescribed me the cream to use at home and I used it the same night thinking that it would make them go away faster. I burn myself and weeks later in the same area I've broken out with these canker sore looking blisters And I'm freaking out hoping that they're not herpes. I don't believe I've been exposed to it. But now these canker sore things are pretty much in the same place the genital warts were removed, They're starting to go away now I have no discharge, they're not on the inside of my vagina. Could this be the results of burning myself with cream? somebody help."

D.M.S January 10, 2017

For Human Papilloma Virus: "I just started applying the cream tonight and I'm feeling hopeless because I don't feel anything down there. I was hoping that it would burn a little just like how it burns when the doctor applies the wart removal acid. I really hope this is going to work because this has been really frustrating and emotional for me. It started with just one wart outside my vagina and all of a sudden I now have a cluster of warts around my anal area (I don't have anal sex all)"

WhyMe? January 4, 2017

For Human Papilloma Virus: "So, I have to admit I was really surprised when I was diagnosed with HPV. I had had two sexual partners, kept up to date on regular Pap tests, and even received the most recent vaccines against the virus (gardasil 9). But it happened. I found one abnormality inside my vaginal opening. It didn't even really look like a wart, it was so small. But. It wasn't there before. So I went in to see my doctor, and yep. Low-risk Hpv. Prescribed aldara. I was told to apply it daily for one week. After the first four applications it was almost gone! Very happy. But. Because of the location, it chemically burned my skin in nearby areas. Very painful. But it works! I also eat healthy and take vitamins. My boyfriend was incredibly supportive as well."

HappyHiker (taken for less than 1 month) December 16, 2016

Aldara (imiquimod) for Keratosis: "Have used this product several times over recent years used for facial and scalp keratosis. It definitely works well although skin conditions seem to return after a year or two. Treatment involves application of ointment on week days (i.e. five days, with weekends off) for four weeks. The major side effect I have noticed is flu-like symptoms (coldness and body aches) and tiredness. The several times this has happened I have taken a day's break from treatment before resuming."

Tapper2 December 2, 2016

Aldara (imiquimod) for Human Papilloma Virus: "About a year and a half ago I went into the doctor for what they called a uti, that then later was a yeast infection. this went on for months until I couldn't take it. They finally tested me which later was actually chlamydia. Finally a real diagnosis. During this time my vagina was very swollen and I had a spot that's been there for some time. I thought it was a scar as it had never changed but during the swollen period this spot seemed bigger. I've asked several doctors about this spot over time. None were worried. The other day I went into the doctor to have to have it checked she first told me it was a cyst. Now she says it is Genital warts. I went to get a second opinion they confirmed. I've had diarrhea and some upper respiratory problems"

Medicine these days (taken for less than 1 month) November 30, 2016

For Human Papilloma Virus: "Imiquimod is amazing! I found out I had HPV last week and I had one small wart plus some textured ares where it seemed as if more were forming. I was prescribed Imiquimod and one week later all of the texture is gone, the area is smooth and the one raised small wart is pretty much gone! I had no side effects other than a little sensitivity and "rawness" on the site of application but totally worth it. However, I have been taking very good care of myself: eating well, and getting sufficient rest so I can boost my immune system to help fight the outbreak. It's nice to feel back to "normal"."

NordieGirl (taken for less than 1 month) November 30, 2016

For Human Papilloma Virus: "Found two warts around my Vagina and thought they were cysts and kept putting off going to the doctors then I eventually went, the doctor refer me to health sexual clinic, told me it was genital warts and gave me imiquimod cream to apply three times a week for a month. I apply it on for the third time and it getting to the point where it's so sore, I can't barely touch it and dread going to the toilet because it so sore, after reading your experience and I'm thinking oops I'm spreading it everywhere and meant to 'tap' it on the wart. So I give that a go and hopefully will improve. Also was wondering guys do you reckon I can use home remedies cream to apply the vagina as its so sore and burning! Or will it disrupt the treatment? HELP"

Doglady23 (taken for less than 1 month) November 26, 2016

For Human Papilloma Virus: "The Only thing that relieves the pain from this cream 100% is prescription lidocaine ointment usp 5% it only takes a small amount and works within seconds! I can finially sit and walk without cringing. It last about 5 hrs. I don't see why drs don't automatically give you this when the aldara is filled !"

found pain relief for burn (taken for less than 1 month) November 24, 2016

For Human Papilloma Virus: "Have been using for almost a month. Have had about a dozen dark brown, non raised warts around the base of penis and pubic mound for about a year. . Anyways they are slowly lightening in color and seem to be going away. Even being moderately careful Ive had a few sores and severe itching(nothing too horrible). Make sure to use a q tip and apply a ball point pen tip sized amount to the wart only. Even then you can still get some cream on healthy skin and cause small sores. I am confident that this cream will eventually kill all the warts slowly but surely. Dont be afraid of the cream, just respect it. I believe all the people having horrible side effects put entirely too much on. This isn't a medication that you just slather on!!!"

Caligulaz (taken for less than 1 month) November 22, 2016

For Condylomata Acuminata: "There is not a visible or doctor confirmed improvement in my plantar wart. I have been applying to my foot for one week. Curiously, I am now being treated for bronchitis that appeared after a week of usage. The side effects table indicated a 15% chance of upper respiratory infection and a 7% chance if sinusitis. The correlation is unconfirmed. I live in an area of drought with wildfires creating smoke. The respiratory problems I have are most likely related to that."

Pepperell Dragon 28 November 19, 2016

For Human Papilloma Virus: "Used aldara 4 consecutive nights and had my wart frozen the 5th day and cleared up within a week it is a little blistered but apart from that im all good."

Whitey1989 November 12, 2016

For Human Papilloma Virus: "I am a type 1 diabetic and have been suffering from genital warts for 5 years. I have tried every possible medication and treatment over the years. I think for me it's harder to get rid of warts because of my diabetic immune system. First time I used aldara 4 years ago, but I had to stop because of the side effects. 4 months ago after my 2nd laser treatment which didn't help with all warts, I asked my doctor if I could try it again.This time I washed the cream off after 6-8 hours every time, I have had hardly any side effects. Today I have been using the cream for 16 weeks and I'm happy to say it has been worth it. 99% of the warts have disappeared and the 1% is hardly there. I will continue for a week or two to make sure they're all gone."

LPPP November 9, 2016

For Human Papilloma Virus: "I had GW about 5 years ago, which has re-occurred again now. Reoccurance is largely due to poor immunity. The pain from broken, damaged skin Aldara causes is unbearable, but worth it because it does work - slowly but eventually. I found relief by washing the area the next morning, or next day with a weak solution of apple cider vinegar diluted with warm water. This really helps soothe the skin and relieves itching. You can repeat as often as necessary"

Itwillallbeokay (taken for less than 1 month) November 4, 2016

Aldara (imiquimod) for Human Papilloma Virus: "Having genital warts is the worst thing ever for me. It's amazing for you guys who are now free from them. I don't know why some of you were advised to apply it 3 times a week. My doctor said I must apply it only once a week at night, which I think will take long for me to heal! When I applied it for the first time i didn't feel anything just felt as if was applying lotion down there. I think I'll apply it 3 times in a week because seems like they are spreading fast. Thank'yall for Sharing your experiences."

GuksieCool November 3, 2016

For Human Papilloma Virus: "Okay if you're here before you have applied the medication, GOOD JOB!! The worst mistake I've ever made was not reading reviews before I applied this medication. The first couple of days I had AGONIZING pain because of the severe burns I had all over my vagina... and that is because I spread it all over. Be very careful when applying this medication. Just put a little amount on the tip of a Quitip and apply it on the wart only. If you do experience burning or itching, use neosporin, aloe, or any other numbing/pain relieving cream!!! Also apply the cream before you use the application and that will help you too. Other than that this cream does work, it takes time but it works. Don't lose hope!!!!"

Anonnnnnnn November 2, 2016

For Human Papilloma Virus: "I was horrified to find 2 bumps near my vaginal opening. After an emotional gyno visit, I learned that I had HPV warts. I was prescribed Imiquimod and let me tell you. IT WORKS. Right away I saw improvement with my warts and they disappeared within weeks. Unfortunately I did have more pop up after I treated those and I am currently treating them now, but with success! They are almost completely gone after 2 weeks. ONLY apply a small amount and only to the affected areas!!! I thought "Go big or go home!" when I first applied it and seriously burnt my vag. It was bad. Do not rub on the surrounding areas unless you want your genitals cooked. There are some side effects to this cream, hence why I gave it a 9/10. Some itching/soreness."

whatisthatbump (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 31, 2016

Zyclara (imiquimod) for Keratosis: "First let me start by saying that I have RA, and I used this cream for 11 days. Went through the whole red, blistering, scab and now smoother skin however, I did experience all the flu like symptoms and continue to feel horrible after almost 3 weeks off of this cream. My RA has flared, which has been controlled by medicine for 8 years, and I'm wondering if it is from the Zyclara. I really wish that I had not used this cream and I would warn anybody with RA to stay away from it."

dbhbunny (taken for less than 1 month) October 26, 2016

Aldara (imiquimod) for Basal Cell Carcinoma: "The side effects are terrible and caused diarrhea for months! This can be a dangerous drug. I went to doctor after doctor, colonoscopy, etc. I figured it out myself, finally."

Hopefully heloful October 20, 2016

For Human Papilloma Virus: "I was prescribed this cream to treat hpv that I've been diagnosed with. The doctor didn't go into much detail about how to use the cream except for to put it on the infected area. I put it on the infected area and the surrounding areas. I used the cream about 3-4 times and now it's the worst pain ever. It feels like chemical burn to my genitals. I've stopped using the cream and it's been about 4 days and I can still barely walk due to the amount of pain and discomfort this cream has caused. I've been using neosporin but it is not helping. Does anyone reccomed trying anything else to get the burning pain to go away ?"

Ks78 (taken for less than 1 month) October 13, 2016

For Human Papilloma Virus: "Had GW for about 2 weeks before being given Aldara. I was lucky enough to have read all the reviews before I started using it so I knew to only use a little (the TINIEST amount, about the size of the head of a pin as my gw were small) and only on the wart and not the skin around it. Used it every other night and had hardly any side effects. During the day and on off nights I used some aloe Vera gel mixed with a drop of tea tree oil and that really helped with the mild itching I had. I've been using it for 2 weeks now, the small warts have completely disappeared and the one bigger one is significantly smaller. I also take garlic supplements, about 200mg of selenium, cod liver oil, omega 3, vitamin c and vitamin b12. Takes time but it works!"

Female30 (taken for less than 1 month) October 3, 2016

For Human Papilloma Virus: "I went to the doctor 5 days ago and was told I had GW and was prescribed this cream. The first two applications I used, I was worried cause I didn't feel any burning or itching everyone had been saying they had felt but after the third application I woke up in AGONIZING PAIN, possibly the worst burn I have ever felt. And itching too(which I can't even itch because it burns so bad.) I literally can't stop crying because I just want this to go away so bad but I can't deal with how much pain I'm in as I type this. Please tell me what to do to make this burning go away!! I also haven't seen results yet but it's only the third application so I'm not too concerned... just praying this pain gets better. I know it will be worth it but still."

Ughhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!! October 2, 2016

For Human Papilloma Virus: "So I got diagnosed about 3 months ago and it sucks because I've only ever had 2 partners. Anyways I started using the Vyloma my doctor prescribed and all I can tell you is that it made deep ulcers on my uvula and around my urethra. I was in so much pain! It did absolutely nothing for the warts! So he gave me a stronger dose... not sure if he knows what he's doing."

Kényan1 October 1, 2016