User Reviews for Imiquimod

Also known as: Aldara, Zyclara

Learn more about Imiquimod.

Condylomata Acuminata 3 reviews 6 medications

Human Papilloma Virus 87 reviews 11 medications

7.5
Keratosis 41 reviews 16 medications

7.2
Basal Cell Carcinoma 30 reviews 8 medications

Summary of Imiquimod reviews 161 reviews 7.9

Reviews for Imiquimod

Zyclara (imiquimod) for Keratosis: "Had been on the Zyclara, putting it on my chest only, for 10 days when I experienced high fever, chills, shortness of breath, nausea, sore throat, aching joints, headache, numbness in my fingers, metallic taste in my mouth, dry mouth and extremely tired. Dr. told me to stop. Symptoms still continue after 5 days off. He refuses to say it's from the cream, but I am never sick and only became sick after being on the cream. Hopefully, the cream will have done it's job and after the redness and spots disappear, I will have a clear chest again. It is a chemotherapy cream, so no wonder there will be side effects. Stupid doctor for not taking responsibility for this!!!!"

Browniebaker (taken for less than 1 month) September 21, 2016

For Human Papilloma Virus: "I have had HPV for YEARS! Its a horrible, relentless and unflattering disease and it will not go away. Aldara seems to do absolutely nothing, and the doctor that has seen my private parts more than any sexual partner (solely due to the HPV) doesn't really seem to know how the virus works. I go for freezing once every couple of months or so and they just grow back. With the Aldara it just seems to be all for nothing and sets your hopes up to be dashed. I really wish I was as fortunate as the other reviewers on this site but I can't say that Aldara works at all! :-("

M:R September 13, 2016

Zyclara (imiquimod) for Keratosis: "Just finished my second course of two weeks on/two off/two on. I pray this works! The side effects I experienced were between moderate to severe (flu like, headache, upset stomach). My nose looks like I burned off the entire end/tip. It is very sore, crusting, oozing- very ugly. But if this is the price I pay for the medicine to hopefully work, I've sucked it up! I had MOHS March of 15 and the new treatment spot is adjacent to the old scar. Praying this works..."

No more sun (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 13, 2016

For Human Papilloma Virus: "So I got warts near my genitals from my husband's knee! Don't ask! I grind on him everywhere and after 8 years of marriage this is what I get. This is the most bogus BS EVER. And imiquimod hasn't done squat for it after using it for a week and a half! I was using it every other day, now every day just to see if this crap does ANYTHING. The only thing I HAVE noticed is my arthritis has kicked into high gear so this has been fun. NOT."

MarriedthisisBS (taken for less than 1 month) September 9, 2016

For Keratosis: "I was using 1 pump of Vyloma 3 nights a week on my forearms. Was going to do legs, face, etc. (Very fair) but I had to stop. Have intense joint pain all over & can only assume it's the Imiquimod. I used Aldara packets many years ago on my chest & did not have these problems but I've since had breast cancer and maybe my immune system can't handle it. I am almost unable to walk my feet are so swollen. I last applied the Imiquimod 30 hours ago so I'm hoping this pain and swelling goes away quickly"

charlotte4566 (taken for less than 1 month) September 4, 2016

For Human Papilloma Virus: "I was diagnosed with GW in my early thirties. I had three little warts and the doctor prescribed Aldara. I used it 3 times a week as directed. The first day I did notice some intense itching, but that was it. I did not have burning or trouble urinating like most people have experienced. After a week using Aldara, I've noticed the warts were fading. The medication works pretty fast if you have small warts. The only negative side effect I experienced was of course itching, but that was short lived, and I developed a tiny anal fissure from the medication. Not sure why because I've never had one until I used Aldara. I would recommend anyone to use the medication for GW. Just please use it as directed otherwise you may experience discomfort."

MaiMokota (taken for less than 1 month) August 29, 2016

For Human Papilloma Virus: "APPLY A VERY SMALL AMOUNT AND ONLY DIRECTLY ON THE WART, NOT THE SKIN AROUND. I had about 4 warts around my vaginal opening. After one week of using Aldara 5% cream, all my warts were gone, but I didn't notice because of the pain I was in. I rubbed the cream on and around the wart and it burned off the wart and my skin! I'm currently taking a week or two off and rubbing Neosporin on my red, irritated, bleeding skin. My advice is this: use less than half of a quarter of a dot of this cream, and if you can, have someone else help you apply it directly to the wart if you can't see it. It is very powerful and should not be applied generously or in the dark. Also, they gave me more than enough, so I'll be saving it in case the warts come back."

SeanBean August 22, 2016

For Human Papilloma Virus: "VIN 111 - Had debilitating side effects first two weeks, bone aches, fever. But once my body adjusted it was just irritable at the site itch/burn. I used cool dry hairdryer and def seemed to help after application. Hopefully this works to avoid surgery."

Sherma (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 15, 2016

For Basal Cell Carcinoma: "Our veterinary oncologist recommended this for our cat's carcinoma. It looks like there may be some improvement, but the cream is HORRIBLY EXPENSIVE!! It cost over $300 for 12 little packets that only have a few drops each. Not only that but one packet was able to treat 2 small areas on our cat twice, then the next packet had barely enough to treat her once. It seemed as though there was an air bubble inside like it didn't get filled properly."

tenlbham (taken for less than 1 month) August 14, 2016

Aldara (imiquimod) for Human Papilloma Virus: "I had 3 HPV near my V opening, went to see my gyne. Had it checked and she gv me a box of Aldara, Probas Omega 3 AEE, Protexin Protect Multi Prebiotic. The doc explained treating HPV (skin tags, warts) must be done both ways, frm inside and outside due to low immune/anti body system inside us. Aldara is for skin app, 3x a week (Mon, Wed, Fri). Apply while lying or sit down - allow it to absorb for a while before sleep at night. 1 sachet perweek. As for the Omega 3 & Protect, 2x a day. On top of that, double up my norm 1000mg VitC and MultiV. All these for 30 days. Aft 2 weeks, it completely gone. Balance of Aldara, will keep if any for future."

40's Mum (taken for less than 1 month) August 12, 2016

Zyclara (imiquimod) for Keratosis: "I have been using this cream on the front of my ear for a week. There is swelling itching crusting and so much oozing it will drip down my face. Around day 5 I started feeling tired and weak. Then day 6 and 7 I have felt like I have the flu..I feel awful. Lymph nodes seem swollen and throat is sore. My lower back hurt as well one day but not everyday. I was worried the fluid dripped down into my ear canal. My doctor told me to stop using it and come back to see him in 3 wks.."

Tpmaines August 10, 2016

For Human Papilloma Virus: "I have had 20+ warts on my knees and nothing had seemed to be working. I got multiple treatments of lasering, freezing, and at home remedies. Nothing worked because they continued to grow back...until I got prescribed with Imiquimod. So far I used the cream packets for about 2 weeks now and most of the warts are turning an ashy/grey/crusty black color. Ive read they are supposed to fall off after they turn those colors. Super please with the cream, just wish someone told me about it earlier!"

Anonymous August 7, 2016

For Human Papilloma Virus: "I never experienced bad side effects using this cream, no burning or itchiness i began to think it wasnt working. I only used half a packet on effected area and saved the other half for every second day i used it. Most of my warts have gone after 3 weeks of use but it is a really slow progress and you have to be patient. Still have two small warts undergoing treatment hopefully by the time i finish the cream all GW will be gone!! I do not recomend having sex because GW are extremely contagious so wait untill the coast is clear!"

mazdax August 3, 2016

For Human Papilloma Virus: "I was reading through the reviews here and figured I'd add one in as I seem to have an experience slightly less common than most. I first was diagnosed with HPV several years ago. I had many small warts (30ish) before I started treatment. When using, my skin has never had the strong reaction that others have described here. In fact, I seriously questioned whether it was working for awhile. After 3-4 weeks of use, I did see some clear up, but it was probably another 3 weeks before there was a significant difference. Thereafter I was free and clear of the warts until now. I had about 4-5 show up and I began treatment again. Once again, progress has been VERY slow, but it did stop the spread and is working. Slowly."

Jimmy Smitts August 1, 2016

For Human Papilloma Virus: "Don't know what to say . I have used all the types of treatment but unfortunately nothing is working , I quit smoking , working out , cryo, al Dara , laser . The main problem is one I do any treatment I get rid of one GW another 30 small come up and start growing .aldara just burned me and left some marks on my genital area . Now anyone of you have better suggestion pleeeeeease tell me"

Ahhhhhhhhhh July 28, 2016

For Human Papilloma Virus: "Female using for 2-3 GW on my perineum and around anus. I had the warts for 4 weeks before diagnosis. Started Aldara--I guess I'm a "lucky one" because I started to see shrinking and color change after the first week. It didn't burn, just itched during and the next day. 3 weeks in and one wart is completely gone and the other has shrunk. Unfortunately warts spread easily so I have a few small new ones since the diagnosis which I am now treating w Aldara. Just FYI having sex (when the cream is NOT on) didn't seem to irritate or spread the warts. However I don't recommend shaving... It didn't spread them in my case but honestly it wasn't worth the trouble of avoiding the warts and it irritated the area more. Have hope!!!"

Gagagagagagaga (taken for less than 1 month) July 19, 2016

For Human Papilloma Virus: "Used Imiquimod. Accidentally got some on my scrotum, wiped it off, led to very serious chemical burns and irritation on my balls. Later, even without getting any on my scrotum the symptoms returned. Despite the serious reaction where I accidentally got the medicine, on my penis shaft, where I applied it directly, there was little to no reaction and the warts (2) being treated, did not respond at all. Later I wised up and used a tactful application of apple cider vinegar to remove the warts effectively within a couple days for a fraction of the cost. Yes, a little burning and irritation with the ACV, but effective and without the SERIOUS burning and irritation of the entire scrotum."

Chris James July 18, 2016

For Human Papilloma Virus: "I cannot say whether this is effective or not as of yet since this review is about after a week of use. The only reason I am writing this review is to hopefully save someone from the AGONIZING pain I am in. I am using this for GW and a few days after applying my scrotum looks and feels like a burn victim! it is unbearable pain, I can barely walk. Pain killers don't dont help, dr. prescribed steroidal ointment, no help. This is a disaster, please to anyone about to use this, tread lightly, very little to none at first. I would give up any amount of money possible to rid myself of this pain this so called medicine has caused!"

Geltman (taken for less than 1 month) July 15, 2016

For Basal Cell Carcinoma: "I am 12 days treatment and my forehead look more than terrible. hope it get better soon, since its impossible to go out in public. sad, its not possible to upload a pics from my now ugly forehead"

hansunger (taken for less than 1 month) July 14, 2016

For Basal Cell Carcinoma: "My mother used Aldara on a carcinoma, after 2 weeks she feels very side effects , severe headache,vertigo,diarrhées,convulsions. She went to hospital and died 8 days later. Doctors never find what's wrong with her. Before using Aldara she feels in great shape."

marieparis July 7, 2016

For Basal Cell Carcinoma: "Okay middle way through week 4 oozing red spot that is weeping. It is fairly painful and stings. I don't have the aches and pains but seem to have bouts at night of really heavy complete body sweating. One small spot seems somewhat improved but so far .... not sure. . two weeks to go hope it works."

Tbgl (taken for less than 1 month) July 6, 2016

For Human Papilloma Virus: "Best medication ever if used correctly! Have HPV and had about 6 small warts around vagina/inner labia for almost two years. I was embarrassed to address the issue but after this experience wish I would've spoken up sooner. The key is using a TINY amount. I applied to the tip of each wart with a q-tip every other night. Keep OFF your healthy skin - all these negative reviews are from people applying it liberally. This isn't like Neosporin, people. Read the warning that comes with the medication. My warts cleared up one/two at a time and in no more than two weeks. The discomfort was minimal. Slight tenderness mostly. It has been almost 3 years and they haven't reappeared. I have a few common warts on my hand so I'm trying it there, too."

KQQ5 July 1, 2016

For Human Papilloma Virus: "Make sure you rub this cream in completely and wash off completely in the morning. I wasn't told to do so and was then told I had herpes (it was only a reaction to getting this cream all over my vagina)."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 26, 2016

For Human Papilloma Virus: "I've just started this near my anus area and can't believe how sore and unpleasant it really is, my bum is on fire! Not sure if working but please take note if you have been prescribed this stuff - use very very tiny amount. (until you get use to it). Twice I have tried it and I can't walk, sit, bath, worried to do anything because of the pain unreal. Don't know if it's working as only on week one so will keep you updated if it works."

Kentladforu (taken for less than 1 month) June 25, 2016

For Human Papilloma Virus: "Have had warts in a tricky spot, mid shaft of my penis for a few months now. I initially started cream use after a shower and before bed. This caused the cream to dissipate too far and caused a corrosive reaction on the side of my scrotum which lasted for a week. Since then I have kept the area dry when applying and allowed time to for the ointment to soak in. Still to no avail as i have had 2 more corrosive reactions not on the wart site. All the while my warts continue to spread and get bigger."

patrick675 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 22, 2016