User Reviews for Imiquimod

Also known as: Aldara, Zyclara

Learn more about Imiquimod.

Condylomata Acuminata 3 reviews 6 medications

Basal Cell Carcinoma 29 reviews 8 medications

7.1
Summary of Imiquimod reviews 147 reviews 8.0

Reviews for Imiquimod

For Human Papilloma Virus: "Female using for 2-3 GW on my perineum and around anus. I had the warts for 4 weeks before diagnosis. Started Aldara--I guess I'm a "lucky one" because I started to see shrinking and color change after the first week. It didn't burn, just itched during and the next day. 3 weeks in and one wart is completely gone and the other has shrunk. Unfortunately warts spread easily so I have a few small new ones since the diagnosis which I am now treating w Aldara. Just FYI having sex (when the cream is NOT on) didn't seem to irritate or spread the warts. However I don't recommend shaving... It didn't spread them in my case but honestly it wasn't worth the trouble of avoiding the warts and it irritated the area more. Have hope!!!"

Gagagagagagaga (taken for less than 1 month) July 19, 2016

For Human Papilloma Virus: "Used Imiquimod. Accidentally got some on my scrotum, wiped it off, led to very serious chemical burns and irritation on my balls. Later, even without getting any on my scrotum the symptoms returned. Despite the serious reaction where I accidentally got the medicine, on my penis shaft, where I applied it directly, there was little to no reaction and the warts (2) being treated, did not respond at all. Later I wised up and used a tactful application of apple cider vinegar to remove the warts effectively within a couple days for a fraction of the cost. Yes, a little burning and irritation with the ACV, but effective and without the SERIOUS burning and irritation of the entire scrotum."

Chris James July 18, 2016

For Human Papilloma Virus: "I cannot say whether this is effective or not as of yet since this review is about after a week of use. The only reason I am writing this review is to hopefully save someone from the AGONIZING pain I am in. I am using this for GW and a few days after applying my scrotum looks and feels like a burn victim! it is unbearable pain, I can barely walk. Pain killers don't dont help, dr. prescribed steroidal ointment, no help. This is a disaster, please to anyone about to use this, tread lightly, very little to none at first. I would give up any amount of money possible to rid myself of this pain this so called medicine has caused!"

Geltman (taken for less than 1 month) July 15, 2016

For Basal Cell Carcinoma: "I am 12 days treatment and my forehead look more than terrible. hope it get better soon, since its impossible to go out in public. sad, its not possible to upload a pics from my now ugly forehead"

hansunger (taken for less than 1 month) July 14, 2016

For Basal Cell Carcinoma: "My mother used Aldara on a carcinoma, after 2 weeks she feels very side effects , severe headache,vertigo,diarrhées,convulsions. She went to hospital and died 8 days later. Doctors never find what's wrong with her. Before using Aldara she feels in great shape."

marieparis July 7, 2016

For Basal Cell Carcinoma: "Okay middle way through week 4 oozing red spot that is weeping. It is fairly painful and stings. I don't have the aches and pains but seem to have bouts at night of really heavy complete body sweating. One small spot seems somewhat improved but so far .... not sure. . two weeks to go hope it works."

Tbgl (taken for less than 1 month) July 6, 2016

For Human Papilloma Virus: "Best medication ever if used correctly! Have HPV and had about 6 small warts around vagina/inner labia for almost two years. I was embarrassed to address the issue but after this experience wish I would've spoken up sooner. The key is using a TINY amount. I applied to the tip of each wart with a q-tip every other night. Keep OFF your healthy skin - all these negative reviews are from people applying it liberally. This isn't like Neosporin, people. Read the warning that comes with the medication. My warts cleared up one/two at a time and in no more than two weeks. The discomfort was minimal. Slight tenderness mostly. It has been almost 3 years and they haven't reappeared. I have a few common warts on my hand so I'm trying it there, too."

KQQ5 July 1, 2016

For Human Papilloma Virus: "Make sure you rub this cream in completely and wash off completely in the morning. I wasn't told to do so and was then told I had herpes (it was only a reaction to getting this cream all over my vagina)."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 26, 2016

For Human Papilloma Virus: "I've just started this near my anus area and can't believe how sore and unpleasant it really is, my bum is on fire! Not sure if working but please take note if you have been prescribed this stuff - use very very tiny amount. (until you get use to it). Twice I have tried it and I can't walk, sit, bath, worried to do anything because of the pain unreal. Don't know if it's working as only on week one so will keep you updated if it works."

Kentladforu (taken for less than 1 month) June 25, 2016

For Human Papilloma Virus: "Have had warts in a tricky spot, mid shaft of my penis for a few months now. I initially started cream use after a shower and before bed. This caused the cream to dissipate too far and caused a corrosive reaction on the side of my scrotum which lasted for a week. Since then I have kept the area dry when applying and allowed time to for the ointment to soak in. Still to no avail as i have had 2 more corrosive reactions not on the wart site. All the while my warts continue to spread and get bigger."

patrick675 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 22, 2016

Aldara (imiquimod) for Basal Cell Carcinoma: "Itchy, sore to touch, don't sleep well the nights its applied. This is my second treat for bcc, the first with aldara got infected and subsequently scarred, all bcc were on chest area, the first is completely gone, the second I'm 3 weeks through a 4 week treatment, can't wait to be finished although end results are acceptable for the pain and irritation that you go through"

Kate 22222 June 22, 2016

For Basal Cell Carcinoma: "I am using Aladara on 6 sites and would not recommend any more than that. It is about my 4th use of the drug and apart from a slight flu like symptoms when I first started I have suffered no general side effects. I am quite active and still feel energetic enough to run, cycle and play tennis as well as DIY! However the lesions are something else. To give reassurance to anyone using it for the first time the reaction on the skin can be quite alarming BUT is perfectly normal and shows it is working. Do read the leaflet. My neck and behind my ears have reacted severely with heavy scabbing some weeping and painful at night. It is a chore applying and washing off but do persevere. It will all heal within a week of stopping."

Vorn (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 20, 2016

For Basal Cell Carcinoma: "I'm starting my second week of six weeks for a spot on my chest. I thought it was an allergic reaction after the first night I took it. My entire chest is covered in red swollen, now crusty welts that are painful. The dr said those are all cancerous cells he couldn't see with the naked eye and it's good that it's bringing them out. Honestly, I don't know if I can make it 6 weeks. The pain is bad, I'm naseauss all day, I have achy muscles and feel tired. I have a high pain tolerance so for me to be so bothered is unusual. I know it's working, too well. I'll try and stick it out, what's my alternative? I also have to wear shirts that cover up to my neck it's so bad."

Rralestatecyndi June 17, 2016

Rralestatecyndi June 17, 2016

For Human Papilloma Virus: "im started to use, still no progress.. well let's see"

minus (taken for less than 1 month) June 13, 2016

For Human Papilloma Virus: "Had 5 HPV warts on the perineum area, and two just up on my vagina and after 4 rounds of unsuccessful cyro I was referred to a Gyno who booked me in for surgical excision and gave me Aldara at my request citing that she had "little hope" it would get rid of them. She was 100% wrong, they started clearing almost straight away. I applied the cream to the warts every second day for two and a half weeks (using half a packet each time) and the warts have literally ALL gone. My side effects were insane with possibly the most intense burning I have ever felt, swelling, nausea and severe back pain and flu symptoms BUT I would do it again in a heartbeat."

Fitchburg June 3, 2016

For Basal Cell Carcinoma: "I guess it is effective, but not pleasant. My first experience was on my forearm - it quickly started to look like a nasty cigarette burn. Which I guess is good because you want your body to "react" to the cream...it DID! But it looked horrible - and you're not supposed to cover it so it can be embarrassing because it looks like something you just keep picking at for WEEKS. I have lots of freckles and when it healed it was completely white - so I guess better than an actual scar but it is quite obvious against the other freckles, nonetheless. I'm going to try "needling" to better distribute melanin cells back to that white area. I'm just getting ready to start on a small spot near my ankle which should be much less noticeable,"

thisisaverystupidwaytohavetoid May 26, 2016

For Human Papilloma Virus: "Was tested by my local health department and received a letter back saying I had abnormal pap with "precancerous cells", visited my normal gyno and come to find out I was infected with hpv on my cervix and also had developed a small patch of gws on the opening to my vagina and my perineum which just looked like small razor burn and didn't come up til after shaving. I was put on Aldara cream and I have only been through about 5 applications of the cream and my gws are already gone. It is very costly if your insurance doesn't work, and it does make you pretty dry and itchy, but I would recommend it to anyone fighting gws from hpv."

anongirl22 (taken for less than 1 month) May 15, 2016

For Human Papilloma Virus: "I've been using Aldara cream for 2 weeks now and at first thought I was lucky as j had no side effects however the past 4 days have been awful. The cream has left me bed stricken with back pain chest pain and nausea, even my eyes ache. I have no appetite and I'm constantly dizzy. I had to bathe in salt water after scratching myself raw in my sleep I couldn't even wipe after a wee. However the warts do seem to be going away, try and take lysine capsules aswell. I am lucky to be in the uk where the cream is free for me I'm just hoping I have the will power to finish the course P.s don't have sex the itching after is unbearable"

JEMcd (taken for less than 1 month) May 10, 2016

For Human Papilloma Virus: "I'm female, been battling these things on and off for a few years. Most of them have been on my rear. Started immiquimod and they seemed to get worse, even popping up on my front. I did every other day for 2 months then cut back to every 3-4 days. Yes, it irritates your skin. I also introduced a zinc 50 mg, n-acetyl cysteine 600 mg, bio align wellness formula and vitamin d3 5000 iu (all from vitamin world for under $50). I didn't change my diet, drinking, etc. It FINALLY WORKED! About 10-12 weeks in and completely gone. It all seemed to get better right toward the end. STICK TO IT!! You can use for up to 16 weeks. I also split up the packets to reduce the cost. You can get atleast 2 uses per packet."

anonymous80 April 27, 2016

For Human Papilloma Virus: "I had really bad expectations when I started to read reviews about this medication. then i experienced the side effects that came with it. however, the medicine worked for me after 4 1/2 weeks. I had big cluster on my inner thigh, half the size of my pinky fingernail. it was embarrassing. I was ashamed and never sought treatment. I eventually saw a Dr and she gave me imiquimod. twelve little packs cost me around $200. I only used three so I have extra for future outbreaks. I have two tips. One, make sure to only put the cream on the wart. two, make sure that you wash the cream off after 6-8 hours. there will be discomfort at times but its manageable."

John__ April 24, 2016

For Basal Cell Carcinoma: "I'm in the UK and onto week 3. I have to apply to a bcc on my chest, but big boils and spots have developed which are very itchy and weepy suggesting there were other areas on my chest which are needing treatment too. I have wanted to stop, as sometimes the itch is so intense and my clothing sticks, but after a positive conversation with a specialist nurse I am of course continuing. I have had the odd flu-y kind of day, and today I am so tired, when I shouldn't be, so I am putting that down to the Aldara cream."

Noddy15 (taken for less than 1 month) April 23, 2016

For Human Papilloma Virus: "I just found out in September 2015 that I have HPV, married finding out my husband had it from a previous gf, 6 months prior to us being together. I have had 2 cryo precedures and now using aldera cream MWF. It burns and very uncomfortable, but it does work."

Used April 20, 2016

For Human Papilloma Virus: "I am a 38 years old male and I had genital warts for about a year. I tried all kind of pharmacy, on line and home remedies (freezing, formula w, cider vinegar) and burned the surface but didn't reach good results and before i started aldara already had 3 clusters of 3 warts, some already big. The doctor said, although not what is in the medicine description, to use each package more than one time and put in the freezer. I used small amounts 3 times a week (a package per week). After one week the discomfort began. After 4 weeks the warts decreased to half the size but at the 5th week I had to interrupt because I could not even seat. But all warts disappeared (can reappear) and only used half a package. Use little quantities, is strong."

38 male GW (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 10, 2016

For Basal Cell Carcinoma: "I'm about to use imiquimod for the second time. The first was for a spot on my right clavicle (shoulder area). This time it's my forehead (three spots). I am not looking forward to this experience as it's my face and a larger area; however, it will be better then have multiple excision and scarring."

Ginger74 (taken for less than 1 month) April 3, 2016