User Reviews for Imiquimod topical

Human Papilloma Virus

Molluscum Contagiosum

Summary of Imiquimod reviews 7.0 297 reviews

Reviews for Imiquimod

For Human Papilloma Virus: "So I was told I had a few little warts near my vagina and butt after I gave birth. I wanted to try something a little less dramatic than the acid so I opted for the cream and now I wish I had just let her use the acid. The first time I used it was no big deal. It was after the second time that I started to feel the burn and itching. I figured it was no big deal a minor side effect. The next day I had a doc appointment she looked at it before my pap and told me it looked fine. Then I went home used it for the third time and that will probably be the last time. The day after I woke up to complete burning and itching everything hurt sitting walking peeing evening taking a bath burned like hell. I look one look at my vagina and it was red swollen it looked almost like I had been burned. The pain is so bad I took a shower and cried the entire time. DON'T USE THIS CREAM. You will find a bunch of other women say this cream did nothing but cause them pain. I wish I had done my research."

Why January 5, 2019

Zyclara (imiquimod) for Keratosis: "Used Zyclara for basal cell carcinoma behind my ear just smaller than an eraser head. 6 weeks straight. Did the trick with no scarring other than from the punch biopsy. No side effects other than the huge ugly scar that formed but I just wore my hair in a way that hid it. Previously used Aldara on my chest but did experience mild, brief episodes of nausea for a couple days but quite tolerable."

Cursed (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 3, 2019

Aldara (imiquimod) for Basal Cell Carcinoma: "I have been using Aldara for 5 and a half weeks, on a BCC that was scrapped off. Strangely nothing has happened, I have applied it as recommended, but there is nothing (except the scar from the scrapping) to show for it! Money not well spent!"

Sue (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 1, 2019

For Human Papilloma Virus: "Well I have some warts on the shaft of my penis, and in the pubic area. Doctor took a biopsy and told me it’s bowenoid papulosis. I was obviously upset which lasted a couple days. I got my cream and only paid 10 dollars due to my insurance covering the bulk of it. First week and the bigger wart has already lost some of its shape and gotten smaller, just really itchy at times as I am applying a little of it, the other ones on my pubic area are really small so I’m just putting a dot of cream on them. For the bigger one like I said looks like it’s getting smaller. Will post my follow up as I have to go back in three weeks."

Hey (taken for less than 1 month) December 18, 2018

For Human Papilloma Virus: "Been using zyclara 3.75% daily for about 4 weeks... had a small cluster of wart on left side of scrotum and they disappeared within the first 2 weeks. I have other warts at the base of the shaft. The cream has shrunk them a lot so far. They seem to be drying up and will probably fall ... Will repost after my 8 weeks or when I run out of zyclara which ever comes first. I stopped using on the spots where the warts are gone. They haven't returned. Was almost scared to use this cream after reading the reviews. They're will be a slight burning and itching feeling but that means it works. I didn't have a major reaction to it bit I'm also being careful with it. Applying to the wart only and not putting too much."

Acadie182 (taken for less than 1 month) December 17, 2018

Aldara (imiquimod) for Basal Cell Carcinoma: "I had cancer in situ on the glans (top of my penis). I used Efudix for 6 weeks and didn't have any side effects. Now its reduced to a Basaliom (pre stage to cancer) which is from HPV virus. So doctor gave med Aldara. Used a small amount for 4 days. Had to stop, fever, swollen glands, backpain, burning and blood spots on my penis, can't pee without screaming. Even water hurts!!"

Dots (taken for less than 1 month) December 12, 2018

For Basal Cell Carcinoma: "I’ve used this multiple times. All on the face. While the treatment is not pretty or painless the results are wonderful. With surgery I would have had to undergo plastic surgery to rebuild cheek area. This treatment was well worth the pain and discomfort. Skin is healthy and no surgeries. Be prepared to be stared at and don’t plan any important business/social event during treatment. It truly is ugly. But again, 6 weeks of discomfort for exceptional result is worth it to me. My skin was covered in large oozing scabs that didn’t feel good. Washing was miserable. But you can get through anything for 6 weeks for such great results. I’d do it again in a heartbeat. Pain, discomfort, headache, better than surgery any day."

LAD (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 12, 2018

Zyclara (imiquimod) for Keratosis: "58 yo female, fair but I do tan. First basal cell at 27; MOHs surgery x2 . Also squamous cells and ##AKs & SKs frozen every 6 months. Aldara too intense. Been using Zyclara every winter for YEARS. Haven’t been brave enough to do my face but need to. Takes 5-7 days to start seeing effect; usually stop around day 10. It’s like trying to stop a speeding train - continues to intensify for several days after stopping. Oozy, itchy just like everybody says but it works! Flu-like symptoms because Zyclara stimulates an immune response. NOT topical chemo. I do one area at a time and rotate - back or chest or arms or legs. Stimulated lymph nodes are a normal immune response. If I feel “flu” I hold off for 2 days. Believe me the train keeps running but the symptoms reside. Every other day from there then it’s time to stop. I love that it flares spots I can’t see and heals better than burn/scrape or freeze. It’s a drag but I’m glad to have the option."

Sdollar (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 11, 2018

Aldara (imiquimod) for Human Papilloma Virus: "Was on this for months. Two warts on the penis tip cleared very well, but came back as soon as treatment was paused. Other warts on the shaft, foreskin, under the foreskin shrunk in size during treatment but never cleared. The cream caused a lot of burning sensations on the skin and was very uncomfortable. The foreskin became weak and lost some elasticity during treatment and as a result broke several times during washing. By contrast, Podophyllotoxin cleared almost all warts in about three weeks (many of them later reappeared though) and while causing some degree of discomfort it wasn't comparable to Aldara."

Henny (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 2, 2018

Aldara (imiquimod) for Basal Cell Carcinoma: "3 weeks only using it at night Monday/Wednesday/Friday only. No side effects but masked probably because I have Parkinsons. Small area only above Temple . No result really although feeling it now there is a rough patch so pleased. I would like to use for another week but not sure if advisable. I had a stinging sensation for years which GP’s just waved their hands in the air as if to say nothing to worry about until I saw a GP 3 weeks ago. He prescribed this cream and I believe it’s now doing its job."

Bridielena (taken for less than 1 month) December 1, 2018

For Human Papilloma Virus: "My warts are gone and its only been a week!!!!! Leave it on overnight that's the secret....I had 2 and now I have none"

uggabugga (taken for less than 1 month) November 28, 2018

For Human Papilloma Virus: "This is my first time using it my doctor had told me to put on twice a day for three days and take a four day break I had put it on sparingly but then rubbed it in and the spots where the Genital Warts were is fine and clearing up with this being my first week but the unaffected skin is very very sore and like you just skinned your balls so I am on my four-day break and I will apply only a pin point drop of this medicine on the affected areas and use anything to cover up the unaffected area so be very very sparingly when applying this medicine other than my mistake for rubbing it in this medicine is at least a nine out of 10 for getting rid of GW and also take a shower every day"

None (taken for less than 1 month) November 8, 2018

For Condylomata Acuminata: "i was diagnosed with Gential Warts last month and was told to apply the imiquimod 5% 3 times a week. When I applied the medicine I just laid it on with it sitting on my scrotum (unaffected area) my first week went well but I guess I never rubbed it in (because I wasn't told how to apply the damn medicine!)..I had a wart under the base of my penis and 9 small ones on top near the base..now on the 2nd week I have blisters and sores that ooze pus! Even the doctor told me she was sure that it was herpes! Now I don't know if i have herpes or not but from reviews I see here, I hope that its just a severe reaction and nothing else! My culture reading should be in soon!"

genital warts (taken for less than 1 month) November 4, 2018

Aldara (imiquimod) for Basal Cell Carcinoma: "I'm now 82 after 4 surgeries on my face I was given Aldara ..it may make big red ugly areas but with patience it does the job. You may think you just have a small area that is affected but wow..it's usually a larger area than you think. That's why I think it's better that doing the MOH's surgery."

old Iris (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 4, 2018

For Human Papilloma Virus: "Doesn’t work"

Maz October 19, 2018

For Human Papilloma Virus: "Diagnosed with HPV causes vulvar precancerous lesions (known as VIN) . I had to have surgery to remove an ulcer that didn’t heal. Yes ladies, know the symptoms! I’ve beem using aldara 2-3 times a week for about 3 weeks now. I’ve had swollen lymph nodes. Parts of my vulva are red and painful but it settles down for a day just in time to reapply it. Overall it hasn’t been as bad as I was expecting based on other reviews and I’ve had eczema, general skin sensitivities my whole life, so it surprised me. VIN is good for coming back so I’ll take the cream over another surgery, hoping to knock it down. Also, took the gardasil shot in hopes of possible therapeutic effect as seen in some studies and a current trial."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 3, 2018

For Human Papilloma Virus: "Absolutely hate this condition!!!! Not even sure if this medication is working, it seemed to have created more warts! :( also down there area is always red and swollen now so I'm not sure if I should continue this. I’ve been using it for 1 1/2 months and I’ve only seen a couple go away, but there is still redness in that area. Anyone experience that?? I’ll keep you guys posted! Any tips for getting rid of this faster would be much appreciated!! Just want to get rid of the redness (and warts obviously)"

Ughmylife September 29, 2018

Aldara (imiquimod) for Human Papilloma Virus: "I’ve been using Aldara for just over 2 weeks now for anal warts. The sachet with the cream is so small that I assume you just used one entire packet however upon reading reviews people started with less and worked their way to more. I have had no flu or nausea symptoms but I got open slightly bleeding blisters leaking a lot of fluid around my perineum and on the outer rim of my anus. I have to have some absorbent material there 24/7 or it becomes too wet and irritated. However the warts themselves have gone from cauliflower to tiny barely recognizable bumps in the tiny amount of time I’ve been using it. So it has worked but my body was definitely not ready for the dose I applied. Recommend starting small amounts using cotton swap onto direct area and using more from there once your body is used to it"

User1 (taken for less than 1 month) September 25, 2018

For Human Papilloma Virus: "I had one wart on the shaft of my penis, thought it was a skin tag as I get them on my waist line every once in a while. I've been using the medication for a month, no severe burning, but I apply during the day while I'm working so I don't notice it. I do feel tired and drained, but that may just be life ha. However, jokes aside, I've not noticed a decrease in size and there is some discoloration on the skin area around it. I don't care about the discoloration, I just want it gone. Will report back as it's only been 4 weeks. Trying to stay positive because who wants warts.... I was pretty depressed initially."

Franky37 September 24, 2018

For Human Papilloma Virus: "The first application went well but the second application - idk what happen but I'm never using this cream again. Then I had the chills followed by a 101.7 fever. My labia also started to swell. This flu symptoms lasted another day and then completely stopped. But now my labia is so swollen, I can’t even see what’s inside anymore. I went to the hospital they prescribe me antibiotics and said I now have a severe yeast infection when I didn't a few days ago. It hurts to urinate. It hurts to walk. It hurts to move. My labia still burns like hell and it makes me want to cry because when I look down at my inner thigh my skin looks ruined. I think the doctor used me as test dummy for this cream."

Ruined my skin (taken for less than 1 month) September 23, 2018

Aldara (imiquimod) for Human Papilloma Virus: "Used this cream every day for a week, had no side effects and the warts are now completely gone! Didn’t have a large outbreak to begin with, but the cream really did wonders- fast."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) September 18, 2018

For Human Papilloma Virus: "I originally had just a few very very small GW. My “doctor” or healthcare provider was using the TCA (trichloroacetic acid) treatment to erase them, it was working great but she ran out of it and said that it was on back order. She prescribed me with Imiquimod and told me that I could apply it everywhere within the labia. My first application went well. No side effects. However, during my second application and few days later went terribly wrong. The morning after that second application, my body started to hurt. Then I had the chills followed by a 101.7 fever. My labia also started to swell. This flu symptoms lasted another day and then completely stopped. But now my labia is so swollen, I can’t even see what’s inside anymore. It’s also creating pus from somewhere in there. A bit scared. I went back to this “doctor” and she prescribed me with antibiotics and said it was due to my vagina not liking the treatment. It hurts to urinate. It hurts to walk. It hurts to move."

SickofThis September 14, 2018

For Human Papilloma Virus: "I contracted HPV and my doctor prescribed the Imiquimod 5% to be applied every other day. I had about 10 small warts on and under my foreskin and 1 larger one on the tip. Eventually they all shrank in size and disappeared, though it took several months. The medication burned when used under my foreskin but subsided after several applications. I didn’t experience any severe side effects but it took a long time to work."

Cesar (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 11, 2018

Aldara (imiquimod) for Human Papilloma Virus: "Aldara is super efficient. Here is my advice: -only apply 3 times a week, reduce if you feel too much pain. -when starting the treatment, only apply a really tiny amount of cream on each wart with the end of a cotton bud. Only when you are ready, start applying a tiny bit more but it should stay minimal. -it will create discomfort. Use baby wipes for the toilet; buy an intimate gel to take care of the area that is infected. I took 2 showers a day during the treatment to keep the area clean at all times. No pyjama bottoms to avoid any contact. -the pain is OKAY. It can burn healthy skin in the night when the warts with cream rub against it. Put some tiny plasters opposite the wart for the night. It gets itchy during the day, but stay busy. - be positive: eat healthily, stop smoking. Have someone to help you go through it. Had 6 genital warts and 5 were completely gone by week 2. Still treating 1 but it's now barely visible. Go for it and good luck, stay positive!"

M56 August 26, 2018

For Human Papilloma Virus: "I used this a couple times to get rid of warts under my foreskin. So far it looks like my warts and getting bigger but I still have hope for it working. I am also getting every possible side affect except it burning in the spot I apply it? I feel fatigue, headache, ear ache, my pelvic bone feels super sore, and extreme diarrhea. I will use it the remainder of the course and hope all this pain is worth it in the end"

Niggz (taken for less than 1 month) August 22, 2018