Tolak Side Effects
Generic Name: fluorouracil topical
Note: This document contains side effect information about fluorouracil topical. Some of the dosage forms listed on this page may not apply to the brand name Tolak.
For the Consumer
Applies to fluorouracil topical: topical cream, topical solution
Along with its needed effects, fluorouracil topical (the active ingredient contained in Tolak) may cause some unwanted effects. Although not all of these side effects may occur, if they do occur they may need medical attention.
Check with your doctor immediately if any of the following side effects occur while taking fluorouracil topical:
- Redness and swelling of normal skin
Some side effects of fluorouracil topical may occur that usually do not need medical attention. These side effects may go away during treatment as your body adjusts to the medicine. Also, your health care professional may be able to tell you about ways to prevent or reduce some of these side effects. Check with your health care professional if any of the following side effects continue or are bothersome or if you have any questions about them:
- Burning feeling where medicine is applied
- increased sensitivity of skin to sunlight
- skin rash
- soreness or tenderness of skin
Less Common or Rare
- Darkening of skin
- watery eyes
For Healthcare Professionals
Applies to fluorouracil topical: topical cream, topical kit, topical solution
Very rare (less than 0.01%): Pruritus, urticaria, rash (local or generalized), erythema (i.e., erythema multiforme), burning sensation, exfoliation, swelling, ulceration, allergic contact dermatitis, eczema, blistering, alopecia, pain
Very rare (less than 0.01%): Hypersensitivity[Ref]
Very rare (less than 0.01%): Pyrexia, chills[Ref]
Frequency not reported: Nasal irritation[Ref]
1. "Product Information. Tolak (fluorouracil topical)." Hill Dermaceuticals Inc, Sanford, FL.
2. Cerner Multum, Inc. "UK Summary of Product Characteristics." O 0
3. "Product Information. Fluorouracil Topical (fluorouracil topical)." A-S Medication Solutions, Chicago, IL.
4. "Product Information. Fluoroplex (fluorouracil topical)." Aqua Pharmaceuticals LLC, Malvern, PA.
5. Cerner Multum, Inc. "Australian Product Information." O 0
6. "Product Information. Efudex (fluorouracil topical)." Valeant Pharmaceuticals, Costa Mesa, CA.
Some side effects may not be reported. You may report them to the FDA.
More about Tolak (fluorouracil topical)
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Dosage Information
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- 6 Reviews
- Drug class: topical antineoplastics