User Reviews for Iloperidone

Also known as: Fanapt

Iloperidone has an average rating of 7.0 out of 10 from a total of 35 ratings on Drugs.com. 59% of those users who reviewed Iloperidone reported a positive effect, while 19% reported a negative effect.

Bipolar Disorder  Off-label 8.7
Psychosis   6.5
Schizophrenia   6.2
Summary of Iloperidone reviews 7.0 35 reviews

Reviews for Iloperidone

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 2 years January 10, 2021

Fanapt (iloperidone) for Schizophrenia: “Started fanapt after trying a few different medications, which either didn’t work or had side effects. Fanapt works great for hallucinations and paranoia. However, like others have said, men cannot ejaculate. Personally fanapt has been the best so far.”

Tony December 14, 2020

Fanapt (iloperidone) for Schizophrenia: “Been on Fanapt since 2016 until I stopped taking it, and got myself in trouble. We then started trying different medications including Latuda, Abilify and Invega. I got back on in 2018 and it seems like this is the only one that keeps me stable, lessens the hallucinations, delusions and anger, along with keeping me out of trouble and from doing crazy things. The Latuda caused tardive dyskinesia and caused me to not sit still. It also caused nerve damage in my body which later I had to be treated for. The Invega made me very tired and I was unable to work full-time. However, unfortunately the side effects are really bad. I’m unable to ejaculate and enjoy having sex with my wife. I also am frequently tired and am restless throughout the day. The other terrible side effect included is the massive weight gain.”

Angel · Taken for 2 to 5 years November 4, 2020

For Bipolar Disorder: “This drug iloperidone changed my life. At the time when I was started on it, I was battling bipolar induced suicidal ideation every waking minute. I felt my life was over. This drug brought me out of that unbearable state, and I am forever grateful!”

Neil · Taken for less than 1 month June 7, 2020

Fanapt (iloperidone) for Schizophrenia: “I have shizoaffective bipolar type 1 and it is severe, Fanapt is the best prescription med I've ever taken. Absolutely no side effects.”

HM · Taken for 5 to 10 years October 1, 2019

Fanapt (iloperidone) for Schizophrenia: “Too expensive!”

Babybaker · Taken for 1 to 2 years September 4, 2019

Fanapt (iloperidone) for Schizophrenia: “I have been taking 12 mg Fanapt for more than a year. My symptoms have become tolerable but the side effects are annoying. I am tired all the time and my whole body is sore. I don't think the benefits out way the side effects so I'm going to move on to the next medicine.”

Naava · Taken for 2 to 5 years May 3, 2019

Fanapt (iloperidone) for Schizophrenia: “I was on 24mg of Fanapt for about 2.5 years. Prior to that I had tried probably every antipsychotic and the only ones that worked were Seroquel and Zyprexa but I gained 60lbs on them. I finally came to the realization that Fanapt wasn't actually doing much for me. I still had hallucinations and delusions and was acting crazy so I decided to come off it because I didn't see the point in taking it anymore. I do have to say it had the least side effects compared to others I've taken. The only thing it helped was my daily cycling of bipolar disorder but I'd rather not take anything than take an antipsychotic. After quitting Fanapt I've lost all the weight.”

Missy · Taken for less than 1 month April 1, 2019

Fanapt (iloperidone): “Hi I just started taking like 5 days ago. I feel like I’m high as a kite. My eyes look like I’m high also, very weird. My Dr cut my dose down. It has helped with anxiety but having hard time functioning. Hoping gets better with time”

Anonymous · Taken for 2 to 5 years March 28, 2017

Fanapt (iloperidone) for Psychosis: “I've been on this medicine since March 28, 2014 and it's currently 3/28/2017. Very effective medicine with no weight gain, but it takes away my ability to ejaculate which I sometimes miss. I've really been waiting on the injection version to be available as this is the best medicine we've found for me for depression and psychosis and I'd like to try the shot. Our insurance Aetna & medicaid covers the co-pay entirely. This medicine is great for anyone suffering from schizophrenia, depression, autism, or bi-polar. I've been diagnosed with all four. Other medicines I've tried are Latuda which gave me the need to constantly move akathesia, I've been on nearly every medicine and I'd recommend this one the highest , I also take clonidine to sleep”

austin dad February 12, 2017

Fanapt (iloperidone) for Schizophrenia: “This is a miracle med its helped with the hallucinations and the paranoia”

smiley.82 December 28, 2016

Fanapt (iloperidone) for Schizophrenia: “I've taken Fanapt for about a month and it feels as though I'm taking nothing for my mental illness. Plus I'm achy all over, have heart palpitations and feel agitated all the time. I'm going back to zyprexa”

JakalSwitch · Taken for 6 months to 1 year November 13, 2016

Fanapt (iloperidone) for Schizophrenia: “Fanapt is the first medicine we've tried where I can function because of the medicine. I can hold a job now, the paranoia is wayyy down, and I only get a few hallucinations throughout the day. My mind isn't quite as sharp, and the dry throat gets pretty bad, but other than that, this drug has saved my life. I've been on it for 8 months now.”

nicolelett · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 29, 2016

For Bipolar Disorder: “Fanapt is my fourth medication since September when I was finally diagnosed with Bipolar 2. Abilify, Latuda, and geodon made me feel like I wanted to come out of my skin. I was misdiagnosed for years. But this medication, in addition to my treatment plan, has completely changed my life. It did make me quite edgy at first and I still felt "unstable", so my doctor added Lithium last week to my Paxil,Lamictal,and Fanapt. I am feeling better than I have ever felt. I feel truly alive for the first time in my life. I go to counseling every week and I haven't missed one appointment since I started in September. So I'm doing my part as well. Thank God for therapy and medication!”

Psychotic Epileptic · Taken for less than 1 month March 7, 2016

Fanapt (iloperidone) for Psychosis: “So far nothing but the worst dry mouth I ever experienced. It hasn't even been a week and I am not sure if I can do this. HORRIBLE THIRST! I even wake up in my sleep to drink water and it doesn't help. I have temporal lobe epilepsy and my seizure activity causes schizophrenia like complications. I REALLY WANT THIS TO WORK! I'm worried about diabetes. I wonder if I am having a reaction with my other medications. So far no seizures though.”

Gusto23 · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 27, 2016

For Bipolar Disorder: “Bipolar depression diagnosed and have tried Abilify, Geodon, Respirdal. all made me uneasy inside. Like I couldn't stop moving or like I needed to because my mind kept telling me to. I just couldn't sit still, watch tv, or worst part I couldn't sit through Sunday Mass. Doctor put me on 2mg of Fanapt and its like I should've been on it all along. I can do all the stuff I want to do and not slip so deep into a depression. Also, he gave me a voucher that pays $200.00 per prescription so my copay is exactly $4.65. It's also good for a whole year. I was paying $50 on all the other stuff.”

Bipolar type Schizzoaffective February 21, 2016

Fanapt (iloperidone) for Schizophrenia: “It worked well but horrible horrible Sexual side effects. No more ejaculation for man. Not recommended.”

John Q Logan April 10, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder: “the Fanapt has eased my mood swings considerably but alone it wasn't enough since I am such a rapid cycler topomax was added as well and I feel that without these medications I would more than likely have been turned into an incoherent babbling idiot by the pharmaceutical list I was on before”

Anonymous · Taken for 6 months to 1 year January 10, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder: “I am on a small dose of this to help me with anxiety that brintellix doesn't alleviate. Only 0.5 mg.dose but it does the trick. Insurance covers it but I still need to pay about $150 out of pocket each month. I wish it wasn't so expensive.”

buddygrl December 12, 2014

Fanapt (iloperidone) for Bipolar Disorder: “At first I thought it was helpful because I want to remain open and optimistic, I do think the medication helped with some anxiety. The side effects for me were so negative. It became very clear once off the Fanapt how the side effects were adversely impacting me. I had severe joint and muscle pain as a result of taking Fanapt. I can deal with a little anxiety. My other medications take care of that Lamictal and Topamax. Fanapt side effects outweigh the benefits for me. Yoga and breathing exercises and mindful meditation. Also the restlessness and dry nasal passage ways and feeling that I had to constantly have to move and shuffling of my feet as well as the long term possible tardive dyskinesia. ”

richard campbell · Taken for less than 1 month October 16, 2014

Fanapt (iloperidone) for Schizophrenia: “I've been on this medicine for 8 days and no side effects. I'm slowly coming off the Clozaril because it made me so tired and he put me on Fanapt. Giving it time.”

tpdgmashley April 1, 2014

For Bipolar Disorder: “I began taking Fanapt back in December of 2013 as recommended a psychiatrist when in the psych ward getting my anti-psychotic med readjusted. It works good. I won't say great because I have not had any more problems since taking it. I have a couple side effects that are listed. but would get them anyway either due to my brain injury or other medications that I take.”

Fanapt Fan December 19, 2013

Fanapt (iloperidone) for Psychosis: “This medication has changed my life. It helps me with my psychosis, depression, and anxiety, with virtually no side effects. It made me tired initially but that didn't last longer than a week. I also lost a few pounds which is great because I had gained lots of weight on other medicines. I LOVE Fanapt! I'm a new person on this medication and for the first time in my life, I am doing well in school.”

acrkb2 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year December 5, 2013

For Bipolar Disorder: “I'm a 22 year old guy who went on Fanapt about 8 months ago for bipolar disorder. I'm pretty sure it helped me function in college again, calmed me down, stabilized my mood. The one problem was it demolished most of my sexual functioning: I completely lost the ability to ejaculate, could rarely get and keep an erection, and had significantly less sex drive. I have been talking to my psychiatrist about going off Fanapt soon because I don't think it is worth the sexual side effects.”

AmeliaBound · Taken for less than 1 month September 7, 2013

Fanapt (iloperidone) for Schizophrenia: “My son who is 27 has only been on this 2 days and he says he is socializing. Spoke to people, played ping pong.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month July 21, 2013

For Schizophrenia: “I have schizoaffective disorder. Got most of the 'call your doctor' side effects. Was so cold, I was freezing in a tub of scalding water. Body aches were worse than the time I broke my arm. Couldn't stop shaking or twitching. i am absolutely terrified of this medication.”