User Reviews for Zohydro ER

Learn more about Zohydro ER.

Pain 31 reviews 1123 medications

8.5
Summary of Zohydro ER reviews 31 reviews 8.5

Reviews for Zohydro ER

For Pain "I have taken many different pain relievers since a gunshot wound in 1995...OxyContin, Morphine, Dilaudid, Fentanyl, and Norco. I have finally found one that works perfectly for me. Zohydro ER 40 mg, with Norco 10mg for breakthrough gives me excellent pain relief. Although the Zohydro DOES NOT last for the entire 12 hrs, the Norco steps right in there and does the job. I am able to work, eat, drive, and sleep. I wouldn't trade it for the others I have taken because their positives do not outweigh their negatives as with the Zo's. I started on the Zo ER 15 mg about 2 yrs ago, and have gradually been upgraded to 40 mgs. I'm satisfied, so no need for 50 mg as from now."

MzPreacher (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain "I had a bad car wreck in 2011, caused chronic back pain. I have had 5 surgeries which ended up putting in a spinal cord stimulator. That helps with nerve pain, but not back pain so much. I eventually was put on Zohydro 40mg about 1 year ago. He first tried 30mg, but upped it after a month or so to be covered better. It has been a wonderful medicine to help me have a productive life. I still use (3) norco 5mg/325mg for break through pain a day. Looking at possibly moving to Zohydro 50mg next month as pain has slowly increased more lately. But all in all, it has been a great drug and has helped me live a productive life with chronic pain. The SCS also has helped tremendously. It is very expensive before meeting my deductable ($500)"

HateTextingDrivers (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 21, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain "I just started taking Zohydro ER 15mg 2 X's per/day. I've gotta say, so far it seems to be working pretty well. I have had two very significant car wrecks since 2004.The second wreck was in 2012 and was pretty much a career ender. I have been taking Norco, various doses (usually 7.5/325 and 10/325) "off & on," for approximately 12 years. I know, a long time, Right?! That said, I believe, speaking only for myself, that I am pretty aware of the effects, and feelings, of hydrocodone. That once warm, euphoric, feeling is long gone; but now the euphoria comes from an greatly improved quality of life, rather than the drug itself.... I probably need to increase to 40mg doses. But Zohydro is "Spot On." Terrific for long acting relief."

Dano79 November 3, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain "When I first started taking it, I thought it was great. I took the 20's twice a day with 10 mg hydro for breakthrough. I have been on it a year and my doctor said I needed the 30 mg but he is closing his practice and won't change any prescriptions before he goes. He said I needed the 30s about a year ago but then wouldn't make the change. I took myself off of them. They only gave me about 3 hours of relief after taking 2 hours to be effective. So now I am looking for a new doctor who will just give me 30mg of hydrocodone a day. That's all I need."

gunnka706313 November 1, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain "My pain doctor put me on Zohydro after I tried Hysingla (worked great for a couple weeks, then only lasted about 8-12 hours - which can't work for a once every 24 hour medicine) and after I had been on Percocet and Hydrocodone at varying dosages and frequencies. Ive had chronic back pain for 5+ years. I'm so glad I got to try this medicine, it has changed my life. It's very expensive ($300+ per prescription before meeting my deductible), but it's totally worth it in my mind. It doesn't give you the annoying "high" that you get from short acting pain medication, no fuzzy thoughts, no exhaustion. Medicine usually lasts the prescribed 12 hours and takes about 50-80% pain level away."

Nick W (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 14, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain "Hello all. I am a chronic pain sufferer, and am allergic to most pain medications. Zohydro 40mg er works wonders for me. I take it twice per day, with one 10mg hydrocodone for breakthrough pain relief. My situation is so serious, that at times, I've wanted to die. The pain is just that bad, but now I'm getting relief~ it sort if let's levels it off, and my ability to function without the constant thought of hurting is greater. It's an absolute pain reliever."

Sun Dancer October 12, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain "I was switched from Norco 5mg 4 times daily to Zyhydro ER 10mg 2times daily with Norco 5mg 2 times daily for break through pain. I tore my ACL several years ago and decided to finally have surgery. It has been many years of restless, painful nights of trying to sleep. Since starting the zohydro my knee no longer has that constant ache that doesn't go away. I can walk on my knee, and do hours of activity with out my knee being in pain. I have been on zohydro for about 3 months. My next visit we will be doing an increase, which hopefully will mean less break through pain medication. Zohydro ER does work for chronic pain. Very grateful for this medication!!"

Anonymous June 12, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain "My doctor prescribed 10mg once or twice a day to address some nasty sciatic pain. Maybe the dosage is low, but it really had no discernible effect on the pain after several days usage. I don't want another expensive shot to deal with it either. I have had two, and they only provided about one week of relief, while costing me plenty even with insurance."

Irishdude (taken for less than 1 month) May 22, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain "It takes about 2 hours to start working, so it's definitely a long-acting medication. It says it lasts for 12 hours but it only lasts 7 for me, every time, without fail. I cannot just take the Zohydro ER but I need to take my rescue medication else be miserable for 2 hours before it works. It gives you constipation sometimes, even if you drink a ton of water. It seems to be weak pain relief. I wish it could work better and last longer. My doctor is switching me to a different ER pain medication now."

Pashta (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 31, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain "I was taking oxycontin 20 with oxycodone 15 for breakthrough qid for severe back pain/spinal stenosis. Previous surgery 30 years ago and no known surgery to help except the experimental approaches with cages to lift. I'm in the business so not interested. Anyway, knowing my pharmacology, I moved from oxycontin (4 hours half life to zohyrdro 8 hrs half life. And, its' spot on. Neither is a true BID drug but Zohydro comes close and gives you maybe 6-7 hours of good sleep and if you wake up with breakthrough, take an oxycodone, wait 45 minutesw and go back to bed. Don't take another zohydro. Fairly flexible. eally works well for me. So much better than force fitting a TID or even a QID oxycontin as a BID. Look at the pharmacodynamics please"

Lyndwood1 (taken for less than 1 month) January 21, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain "I suffer from chronic TMJ, I can't eat apples, steak, most foods that require you to open your mouth, or my jaw will emit a loud bone-breaking-sounding CRACK followed by waves of intense pain WAY beyond the acceptable threshold. I'm only 33. An MRI, CTScan, several X-Rays, and worthless visits to "Specialists" did nothing but empty my bank account and receive the news that I have "two displaced discs in my face, and there's nothing we can do." I was about to give up then said heck with it and sought out a pain specialist. She witnessed the horrific noise, saw the X-rays and surgeon notes, and immediately put me on ZoHydro 20mg (twice a day) and thinking my woes were addressed, then they reformulated it and it's like taking aleve."

Ayashi (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 10, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain "Effective but on the slightly week side."

Ray321 November 17, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain "I have only taken Zohydro ER today. After 5 years of constant pain due to a back injury and R.A today Is the first day I have been pain free. I can actually enjoy sitting up watch TV pain free. Just 24 hrs ago my pain was so bad it ruled my life. Thanks To Zohydro ER, I see a light at the end of a very very long tunnel. The only side effect I have experienced today is I have had spells of being a bit sick to my stomach. But I do think being pain free out weighs that."

TisLovingLifeNow November 5, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain "I was taking Norco 10mg 4x a day but it wore off so fast, I asked the doctor for an increase of 20mg. He suggested 20mg Zohydro twice a day and 20 mg norco for breakthrough pain. The medicine is pricey and I had to give it up this month. I am shopping for price comparisons and I have the company coupon that will get 250 off. I didn't realize how effective it was until I gave it up. How stupid I was! This stuff covers me from getting out of the bed until it runs out, which is about 8 hours later, so I probably need to move up to the 30s. I have an appointment in a few days and I am going to tell my doc to keep the norco's and just adjust my zohydro and I will rob banks to pay for it.! I had my life back for awhile. I miss it."

5-O September 23, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain "Suffering from a back injury from 2001. Over a couple of years nerve damage on left side started. Surgery done L4 and L3 was removed and replaced with an artificial substance. Cage over spine with 4 screws. Limited back movement.I'm in constant pain always. Last meds on was Oxycontin and percocet for break through. Put on Zohydro ER, 30 mg. It's not working.its only been about 3weeks.Asking Doc to put me back on previous meds. It was job related injury."

Ina DeLoatch (taken for less than 1 month) September 21, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain "I hate this drug. It will not allow me to sleep. Dries out my eyes, nose. I can't cry. Makes me a zombie."

zittos September 5, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain "I have chronic arthritis and have for 25 years. Believe me I have tried everything. Finally pain clinic doc put me on Zohydro and I have my life back. I can't tell you how much it helps. Please don't let anything happen to where FDA takes this drug away. Why do the druggies have to ruin it for the people that are in pain always. Thank you Zohydro...thank you.."

Pattipotty September 3, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain "I have been taking zohydro now for about 3 months and what a difference it has made. My doctor will be increasing the dosage from the 20mg to the 40mg because I still take hydrocodone for breakthrough pain and the zohydro doesn't quite take the pain away at the current 20mg. I started at a lower dose to see if there were any reactions to the medication and to date I have had none. It doesn't last the 12 hours as it says but that has been the case with any time released meds that I have tried due to my metabolism. It is hard to find and cvs pharmacy has paperwork that their corporate office has to have completed before they will fill the prescription and that can take a month. Insurance did cover it after a formulary exemption was filed."

4Csons (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 9, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain "I find it has helped far more than any other medicine. It does not seem to have many side effects as the others."

Robbyh2 April 23, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain "After a few years of trying different medication combination, the Zohydro is a God send."

DevilishDiva February 18, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain "I have just started this yesterday. I was in a hit &run accident that changed my life. It took over 2 years alone to finally walk as little as 25 ft with devices. I did every kind of therapy, pain medicines, patches, injections, etc. I would get some relief, but side effects prevents any return to normal routines or withstanding activities with family. My pain has truly limited my social and family life. Norco never lasts long enough, and the GI upset was bad enough to warrant the need of continuously trying to tweak the regimen. Having had a career and college degrees, I have rested to give in to the constraints of chronic pain. I have only taken 2 pills so far, but it seems to helping better, with fewer doses. I will post again in 1 WK."

victim of trauma accident (taken for less than 1 month) February 11, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain "Beginning month 2 of Zohydro. Cannot believe the negative press! It is a long overdue blessing to chronic pain sufferers. I have multiple back issues and surgeries. The Norco 4x a day was causing about as much issue with my stomach and intestines as helping with pain. Finally asked, is there an option? Pain clinic Dr said good results with Zohydro! As we are adjusting the dosage, I take 5 mg of norco for breakthrough pain, but consider that temporary. Me, my back AND stomach are much better and much more level pain relief. Thanks again!!!"

2b2bs January 21, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain "I have been taking Zohydro for two months now for herniated disc in back. I was taking Norco three times a day but would always wear off and with my liver condition, I was not keen on the acetaminophen that is in Norco. I can now go through my day pain free! I hope all the naysayers leave us chronic pain patients alone!"

Deenini December 30, 2014

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain "I have had chronic foot pain for 12 years. Zohydro is the only thing that has given me any relief throughout the day."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 2, 2014

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain "I have horrible arthritis pain for many years...tried everything..I've been on Vicodin (10mg) 4 a day for about 6 years..Finally a pain clinic Dr. gave me Zohydro (40mg) 2 a day. I would say I am 80 percent pain free. Overall quality of life has changed. No more ups and downs. I have to remind myself to take the second pill. Thanks ZOHYDRO!"

patsysue24 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 8, 2014