User Reviews for Hymovis

Osteoarthritis
3.2

Bizzy1 · Taken for 2 to 5 years February 17, 2021

For Osteoarthritis: “I have had other hyaluronic acid injections and Hymovis was a lot better in my opinion. The other injections did work, but not as good as Hymovis. Plus, Hymovis seems to last longer for me. My knee did feel a little wobbly for about a day after the injections.”

Mightyquinn · Taken for 1 to 2 years August 23, 2020

For Osteoarthritis: “I have been given Hymovis injections for a year and 7 months with great success. The two injections are given one week apart. The only negative is that I do experience pain, swelling and stiffness after the injections for a short while. It gets better every day. After about 4-5 weeks, after my last injection, I walk normal. No pain, no swelling, no stiffness for 6 months or longer. I can walk normal! I always go back to see my doctor when I feel any discomfort with my knee. I have found that if I go in to the doctor with less pain, then the pain after my injection is not as bad. Hymovis has saved me from having a much dreaded surgery. It’s great to have a treatment that works!!”

Suffering February 27, 2020

For Osteoarthritis: “I am a 49 year old male and a past user of Synvisc & Hyalgen with positive results from both. Unfortunately I decided to try Hymovis because it came highly recommended by my Dr. What a MISTAKE! This product should be immediately recalled and taken off the market. After the first bi-lateral knee injections, I was very pleased with the results but shorty thereafter the second shot it wasn't good. My knees became severely swollen and extremely painful to the point that I had to use crutches, became dizzy and felt physically ill for over 1-week after the second shot was administered and had a total of 240 CC’s of fluid aspirated from both knees. It's been about 2&1/2 weeks now since my last shot and I still can not walk unassisted. Prior to receiving Hymovis injections I had moderate arthritis but now I am in so much pain that I feel a total knee replacement might be warranted and I am currently scheduled to see a knee surgeon. Please DO NOT USE HYMOVIS!”

Lee January 20, 2020

For Osteoarthritis: “I received injection in both knees. After a couple weeks pain was worse. Pain never eased up. Then my heart went into afib, shocked twice, and finally an abalation performed. Headaches, itchy all over and severe joint pain in both knees. Can’t walk. Have to use a scooter. I truly believe my heart problems were due to some reaction to these injections. After eight months of having the injections the cartridge in knee joints are completely gone. Bad product. I would not advise anyone to go through this excruciating pain.”

Jewel · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 20, 2019

For Osteoarthritis: “Nov 2018: two injections one week apart of Hymovis. First injection went well, decreased pain, did not try walking but could do gentle senior yoga. Second injection, terrible reaction, increased pain in knee so bad could not even walk. Returned to doctor who aspirated injection site. No relief. SO MUCH WORSE. Had to rent wheelchair. Am now scheduled for arthroscopy in February 2019. Wanted that to start but ortho would not do because of cardiac history. New ortho, New anesthesiologist, hopeful I will be walking soon. My advice: get two ortho opinions before any of these gel injections. You want a permanent fix, not months of disability”

Mel · Taken for less than 1 month October 10, 2019

For Osteoarthritis: “I have had knee pain for several years. I finally broke down and allowed my doctor to use this new gel injections in both my knees. The first 48 hours I ran a low grade fever followed by debilitating pain. We decided not to do the second injection because of this reaction. I am very disappointed in my experience with this medicine. I didn’t read the reviews prior to having this procedure which was my fault but I’m waiting for the pain to subside now. Hoping this gets better soon.”

Jacd December 23, 2017

For Osteoarthritis: “I had an injection of Hymovis after hurting my knee. I had only one injection because my knee became more painful and swollen after the injection. I have lost a significant amount of mobility and strength in the knee after the injection. I should never have had the injection of Hymovis. I can’t sleep walk far, use the stairs. I was in good shape and weight prior to this mess.”

Reets · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 13, 2019

For Osteoarthritis: “Hymovis is a very bad product. I have done Euflexxa several times with good results and it lasts about 8 or 9 months. I was convinced by doctor to try this the second injection of Hymovis which is supposed to last 12 months not 6 month. Bad move. First injection hurt terribly more than Eufflexa ever did. Went for the second Hymovis. It was like superglue was injected to my knee. I couldn’t bend it after the second day. It took a month to get back the mobility I had before the Hymovis. It provided some pain reduction for 3 months but wore off well before the advertised 12 months. Don’t be fooled. Stick with the products that have been on the market for a while.”

Jo · Taken for less than 1 month August 30, 2019

For Osteoarthritis: “I am on week one after my second injection in both knees and my knees and legs now hurt worse than they did before the injections. I am praying that the relief comes soon.”