User Reviews for Halobetasol topical to treat Psoriasis

Also known as: Ultravate, Bryhali, Lexette, Halonate

Halobetasol topical has an average rating of 8.0 out of 10 from a total of 12 ratings for the treatment of Psoriasis. 75% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 8% reported a negative effect.

Halobetasol topical Rating Summary

8.0/10 average rating

Compare all 260 medications used in the treatment of Psoriasis.

Reviews for Halobetasol topical

a1101 September 12, 2014

“I had sores on my palm that just would not heal for several weeks. Finally used Halobetasol Propionate Cream 0.05%. It healed in about a week. I have other less powerful creams and so I only use this cream when nothing else works. Once it works, I switch to less powerful creams for awhile. I then switch to using Dove Sensitive skin and Vanicream. It is really powerful but should be used only when nothing else works.”

sportie2 February 6, 2009

“I had stress related psoriasis. I went through a ton of medication's. Finally my dermatologist put me on halobetasol propionate 0.05%, hydroxyzine and an anti-fungal pill; then an antibiotic. I went through a year of fighting this on my hands and feet. I worked a public job where my hands were in contact with people, food and drinks; so you can imagine I had to take an extended vacation. I still have recurring bouts with it and always will. So for some of us, we will just have to live with it and take all this medication I guess. I myself find it hard to believe how people react to you when you have this problem.”

Anonymous October 24, 2011

“In just 5 days, it cleared up a bad outbreak on my neck and back, which had been troubling me for quite some time. I used it before on other areas but this one cleared up faster than any of the others. It is the only one that really works.”

Old man Stu June 27, 2016

Ultravate (halobetasol): “I have had psoriasis for many years (40) and have seasonably felt the conditions itchiness during the springtime. This year, fed up with the condition, I used Ultravate liberally on all areas where condition exists, but this time, I also exposed the area so UV rays of 9 and above for quite some time, building up to an exposure of one hour in the sunlight. Did not find suntan booths beneficial. Where psoriasis use to be, now it is only an area that you can see, but it no longer itches. I also use coconut oil on the areas to keep the moisture in. After sun exposure, use coconut oil on top of the Ultravate and go in the shade and let the ultravate and coconut oil kind of dry up. It works for me.”

Earring April 10, 2017

“I have used Halobetasol Propionate 0.05% for over 20 yrs for moderate plaque psoriasis on a daily routine. The only draw back I have noticed is the area treated is thin skinned. Also if I run out and do not use for more than a few days, my psoriasis becomes "angry". The itching becomes unbearable and the inflammation is awful as is the redness, plus it spreads and becomes bigger. There is pain where the plaques are. I have tried a lot of the OTC medicine and none help me. Just a lot of money spent.”

Oversnoot October 1, 2015

“Cleared spots on legs, back, and foot by 90 percent in 6 days. No other medication has worked, no side effects. Tube size was 50G, and I used 95 percent in 6 days, Doctor stated I was using too much, and reduced amount available to me until office visit in 45 days. Extremely satisfied .”

Anonymous July 15, 2009

“I use the generic halobetasol along with Dovenex. It works great on the elbows and knees. Sometimes on the hands. Rarely on the feet. I do agree that when you use the HP, it does work rather quickly.”

My 8 yr old daughter · Taken for less than 1 month September 30, 2017

“Alley is on her 4th treatment of different ointment/creams. She was just prescribed this one. Dr said to only use in emergencies for itch and pain. Otherwise she needs to continue with the rx vitaman e ointment. She is doing better but I think the natural sun and our salt water pool helped a lot this summer. Does anyone have any suggestions on what would work on an 8yr old without all the possible long term side affects? I'm told no oral meds due to age. Thank you Sandra”

Dharmarajan Sachidhanantham · Taken for 2 to 5 years June 18, 2017

“I have been using Halobetasol Propionate for last 4+ years and when I use this my scar and itching goes away 15-30 days but again this resurface. Looking for some natural remedy and want to avoid these ointment/cream as long-term this is not good for health. The good part is I get this from my country as here we need a prescription and spend tons of money.”

TrippleM · Taken for 5 to 10 years January 8, 2017

“I applied Halebetasol Ointment after morning bath daily for 6 months. Chronic Psoriasis skin flaring disappeared. Itching is also stopped.”

Anonymous January 11, 2009

“Tried other medicines for this condition and nothing helped. I used Halobetasol Propionate 0.05% Cream and it cleared in two days.”

Anonymous December 15, 2008

“Used together with Tazorac and it has helped significantly improved (by about 80%) the psoriasis on my legs and hands. Did not improve the psoriasis on the feet though.”

Nahu December 16, 2015

“I just started using Halobetasol today. I will come back to write if my condition is getting better”

Ch · Taken for less than 1 month March 5, 2021

“I've tried Bryhali & Duobrii creme & both have given me contact dermatitis within 2 days of use.”

Learn more about Psoriasis