User Reviews for Lopid

High Cholesterol 4 reviews 48 medications

8.5
Summary of Lopid reviews 4 reviews 8.5

Reviews for Lopid

For High Cholesterol "Battled High Triglycerides for nearly a decade (400-600 levels). Altered diet (slightly) and was on 1000 mg of Niaspan for at least six years. Not much impact. Last year, I started on Lopid. Fairly religious about taking 30 minutes before every meal. First test after being on Lopid for 2 months, my triglycerides dropped to 88! I was stunned. I've remained on the medicine, but didn't worry about my diet, other than maintaining my weight level. Second results came back at 93! I realize Lopid doesn't work for everyone. But for me, it's a HUGE difference over Niaspan - and without the potential long term side effects."

Boat1 July 5, 2016

For High Cholesterol "I have been taking Lopid for quite a few years. My cholesterol and triglycerides are very high to the point of being hospitalized! Do not forget to take this medication as it will catch up with you after three days. It is very painful! I will not forget to take it x 2 a day. It was up to 3000... and I was put in the intensive care unit. My nationality is Hispanic and my favorite food is all the good greasy tacos which I don't have anymore....so now I eat rabbit food and I am still alive."

iluvulrd April 28, 2010

For High Cholesterol "I've been taking Lopid for almost a year now and have had great results. My triglycerides have dropped dramatically and my over all health has improved. I would have given this a 10 rating but I do have one problem with this medication. It can be difficult to remember to take Lopid 30 minutes before meals. A small adjustment as far as I'm concerned, though."

TrigsGuy October 30, 2009

For High Cholesterol "My doctor prescribed Lopid after my triglyceride levels were out of control. I feel great! No side effects and with Lopid and fish oil they are much better. From 1900 a year ago to 160."

StacyTracy October 15, 2009