User Reviews for Formoterol/mometasone to treat Asthma

Also known as: Dulera

Formoterol/mometasone Rating Summary

6.2/10 Average Rating

Compare all 168 medications used in the treatment of Asthma.

Reviews for Formoterol/mometasone

Pharmacist · Taken for 2 to 5 years March 23, 2020

Dulera (formoterol / mometasone): “I've suffered from asthma since childhood and have been treated with, as I know being a pharmacist, almost every type of asthma medication available. Currently, I use Dulera as needed instead of albuterol. The current US treatment guidelines for asthma are old and due for an update which I anticipate will advocate this strategy. During Spring season I begin taking Singulair and begin using Dulera routinely, twice a day everyday, until pollen levels go down. This combination is so effective for me during Spring time, it is no longer a dreaded time of year. In fact, allergy symptoms that add insult to injury, so to speak, are virtually a thing of the past. Because of Singulair I no longer require antihistamines in the Spring and frankly, may be able to "get by" with using Dulera only as needed.”

Mimi · Taken for less than 1 month March 22, 2020

Dulera (formoterol / mometasone): “After an asthma attack a month ago. A doctor at urgent care prescribed me this. A week later I saw my allergist who told me to stop dulera. She put me on singulair. I was not able to pick up my prescription so I continued using dulera. The first week of using it, I could breath a lot better however- now after a month use. My body has experienced chest tightness, lung twitching & heart palpitations. My body feels off. I don’t like the chest tightness and weird heart palpitations. I will be discontinuing this until I get my other asthma medication.”

Isa · Taken for less than 1 month February 27, 2020

Dulera (formoterol / mometasone): “I suffered with asthma my entire life, and was intubated several time, nothing I used worked. You guys changes my life because of Dulera my asthma is under control and that was some I struggled with for over 30 years.”

J · Taken for 1 to 2 years January 4, 2020

Dulera (formoterol / mometasone): “I've had asthma my entire life to the point I would pass out from being unable to breathe and many times felt I'd never make it to the hospital. Dulera is the first med in 50 years to completely free me from this condition. I've been attack free for 2 years. Now the pharmacist tells me it's been discontinued. Please tell me that's not true”

SuzyQ December 6, 2019

Dulera (formoterol / mometasone): “I've been on Dulera for the past year or more. It helped significantly. However, I've used up the coupon where it only costs $15 and now it is $405 and I can no longer afford it. After reading that others have had shaky hands, heart palpitations, and weigh gain, I'm realizing that I have those issues too and it might be the Dulera. I guess I'll find out since I'm not taking it anymore. :(”

Amandalee · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 3, 2019

Dulera (formoterol / mometasone): “I have severe asthma and my heart stopped on father’s day this year’ from having a asthma attack. It’s the second time I’ve gone into cardiac arrest from an attack & waking up the next day on life support. Since June I’ve been on Dulera taking 2 puffs twice a day, & it has helped tremendously’ I can breathe!! I’ve gone from constantly short of breathe’ waking up in the middle of night in attacks’ it was awful., the only thing that’s scaring me tho is’ I’m gaining weight’ I’ve put on about 10-15 pounds since June’ Without changing my diet, I’ve noticed I feel hungry a lot’ I’ve always had a little weight on me’ but I don’t want to get to that point where I’m depressed about my weight’ I already get that way as it is.. I’m just on the fence of what I should do.”

Qusie · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 25, 2019

Dulera (formoterol / mometasone): “After my recovery period from the flu and pneumonia, I continued to take Dulera and suffered migraines and headaches, thrush twice, laryngitis, and the absolute worse muscle cramps and spasms that would bring me to tears. Frequently. I am SO relieved that this is from the DULARA and if I stop it this will all go away. I have developed shaking my hands and fingers as well... I don't know if this is related.”

Icarus · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 2, 2019

Dulera (formoterol / mometasone): “The weight gain (15# in two months) and headaches are not worth the slight benefit I might get from Dulera over time. I’ll look for other ways to manage the asthma.”

dndlee91 · Taken for less than 1 month December 20, 2018

Dulera (formoterol / mometasone): “I've been on Dulera for about 14 days now. I'm sleeping better w/ less coughing. The side effect I'm having is the worst case of thrush. Anyone else have this issue? If so what did you do to treat it? Did you have to get medication from the Dr. ?”

Kenieara February 14, 2018

Dulera (formoterol / mometasone): “I tried Dulera for a week and did not like it. I was diagnosed with mild asthma at age 30 but probably had it most of my life--just assumed everyone felt like they couldn't breathe sometimes. :) Doctor prescribed the 100mcg dose, two puffs in the morning and two in the evening. I did that the first day, and that night, I felt very agitated, couldn't sleep, felt depressed, and had depressing thoughts. I struggled a bit with depression as a teen, but I hadn't felt that way in 5-10 years before taking Dulera. I cut down to 1 puff in the morning and felt much better on days 2-5, but by day 6, I was starting to feel depressed again. Stopped the Dulera and feeling back to normal like myself. Maybe I am more prone to these side effects because I've had a history of depression, but these were very scary side effects. I also felt like I was losing my voice by day 6. To be fair it did reduce my nighttime coughing... but not worth the side effects for my mild asthma.”

frippy2 · Taken for less than 1 month November 3, 2017

Dulera (formoterol / mometasone): “Took this 2x and developed wheezing, coughing and flu like symptoms with a fever. Had to use rescue inhaler just to get my lungs open. Will not be using again, definitely not worth the side effects.”

Neil in NC · Taken for 5 to 10 years September 22, 2017

Dulera (formoterol / mometasone): “I've been on and off Dulera for several years. After using it regularly for a month or two I invariably get a low-level infection in my lungs/bronchial tubes. Major yellow-to-brown phlegm, constantly coughing. Then when I go off Dulera, after a few days the infection self-cures and the phlegm and coughing subside. But then of course the asthma comes back. For me there's no magic solution (yet!). I'll probably not use Dulera any more, too afraid of the infections it encourages.”

Anonymous August 9, 2017

Dulera (formoterol / mometasone): “I just quit using dulera two days ago because I was having the quivering pain in my leg and arm. Also, been experiencing pain in my chest/breast area. Also, even after two days of not being on the dulera I feel that my lungs are more open than they were on the dulera. I have switched back to using proair and qvar. I wish this medication did not have so many side effects as it did seem to control my asthma.”

JCSMSB · Taken for 2 to 5 years August 8, 2017

Dulera (formoterol / mometasone): “It has worked well to control my asthma, but after several years it immediately causes me to lose my voice .. making unattractive squeaky sounds.”

Asthma1974 · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 14, 2017

Dulera (formoterol / mometasone): “I recently switched from Symbicort to Dulera. My asthma is under control, but the side effects are worrisome. My blood glucose levels have risen and I have gained 5 pounds in the two months since I've been using this medication. I will give it a few more months until I speak with my doctor about other alternatives.”

Susan Y May 13, 2017

Dulera (formoterol / mometasone): “I took Dulera 200 for about 3 months. After a month I experienced heart palpitations (heart rate from 80 to 188 in seconds). At first it would only last 2-3 minutes. Then palpitations lasted over an hour, then two hours. Ended up in the ER four times, twice to receive an IV drug to reset and slow my heart beat. Cardiologist at the hospital put me on Diltiazem to control my heart rate. It lowered blood pressure (was already good), but did not stop heart palpitations. Began having breathing problems and doctor increased Diltiazem dosage. Experienced worse breathing issues and loss of bladder control. Finally realized the Diltiazem caused breathing problems and Dulera was causing the racing heart palpitations. Nightmare!”

KatieMo September 14, 2016

Dulera (formoterol / mometasone): “Had infrequent asthma all my life (I am 63) but never had to use an inhaler regularly. After a cold turned into pneumonia plus a sinus infection, my doc said to use my ProAir HFA inhaler more often. But serious asthma had set in and I wasn't getting relief. Burning sensation in lungs, difficulty breathing, no energy, was not resting well...you guys know the drill. After two puffs of Dulera, the burning sensation was reduced, lungs felt more relaxed and I could breathe more deeply. I slept better last night and awoke feeling rested...wow! After two puffs this morning (at 5:30 a.m.) I felt the burning completely subside. Feel so much better. Even sinus pressure reduced. Looking forward to feeling good again. Hope is in sight.”

Pearlymae P. · Taken for 1 to 2 years May 17, 2016

Dulera (formoterol / mometasone): “Took Dulera for a year for pretty bad asthma which it controlled very nicely.After one year the Dulera started giving me awful palpitations,severe pounding pulse ,shakiness and insomnia.I had to give it up.I feel better now after 3 weeks without it,but still cannot find a good replacement.”

What up May 4, 2016

Dulera (formoterol / mometasone): “Been on Dulera for about 3 weeks had to go to the ER due to muscle spasm. Not worth it. I have also gained weight. Might help with breathing but every muscle in my body is having spasm.”

heatherseawa April 10, 2016

Dulera (formoterol / mometasone): “I have had asthma since infancy. (I am now 81!) I have probably used all the common medications - i.e. albuterol, singulair, etc., etc. in my lifetime. Dulera allows me the luxury of one puff at night, and a good night's sleep. I am otherwise very healthy having long ago given up the things that are bad for health, like smoking, eating sweets, alcohol, and I have a wonderful life! So part of it is the medication, and part of it is up to me - my lifestyle.”

Asthma under control · Taken for less than 1 month March 5, 2016

Dulera (formoterol / mometasone): “I just took the first puff, 15 minutes ago. I don't want to chant victory, but I am breathing much better! One thing I need to tell anyone who's using asthma inhalers, that after using it, you always have to rinse your mouth, to avoid oral thrush. I got this medicine from a pulmonologist I was referred to, after I couldn't control my asthma, and went into acute bronquitis, three months in a row. Ten more minutes passed, and I'm actually breathing! No shakes, no fainting, no shortness of breath...I feel like I'm calming down. The one thing I'm always afraid, is corticoids, because of their side effects, but if I can feel this well, I will try to watch my weight, and take more calcium, for osteoporosis. OMG! I feel so good!”

Ritabeard June 5, 2015

Dulera (formoterol / mometasone): “Dulera works for my asthma but it seems to be causing some weight gain.”

Anonymous · Taken for 2 to 5 years February 16, 2015

Dulera (formoterol / mometasone): “I have been using this for almost 3 years. Better control of symptoms- I can usually use 1puff 2x a day except when I get a bug then I need the prescribed 2 -2x a day. However last 2-3weeks I have a very medicine tasting phlegm/exhaled air. ”

Celtie · Taken for less than 1 month December 15, 2014

Dulera (formoterol / mometasone): “I developed severe calf and back thigh cramps at night after the first use. The allergist said that only about 3% of users develop leg cramps, but I don't see this mentioned at all in the side effects.”

Darius Washington October 5, 2014

Dulera (formoterol / mometasone): “Dulera works great and I have noticed it has improved my breathing by 100%. It seems to work better than my rescue inhaler. Down side of it is that I have gotten infections in the tonsils and sinusitis. Also I've been having blood clots in my mucus and when I cough I phlegm I notice it's a dark brown reddish color. Frequent migraines and insomnia some nights. Feeling of unconsciousness when laying down.”