User Reviews for Formoterol/mometasone

Asthma 6.2
Asthma, Maintenance 6.0

Reviews for Formoterol/mometasone

D6968 · Taken for 5 to 10 years April 28, 2020

Dulera (formoterol / mometasone) for Asthma, Maintenance: “Horrible Med, all it has done was caused me to pack on weight, cause high blood pressure and more asthma issues than I ever had before I was put on it, I am seriously going to talk to my doctor about it( I have been on it for 5-6 yrs to see if I can get on something else so I can go back to exercising to lose the weight it packed on. If doctor won't I guess its time for a new doctor and gradually ween myself off of Dulera period”

Pharmacist · Taken for 2 to 5 years March 23, 2020

Dulera (formoterol / mometasone) for Asthma: “I've suffered from asthma since childhood and have been treated with, as I know being a pharmacist, almost every type of asthma medication available. Currently, I use Dulera as needed instead of albuterol. The current US treatment guidelines for asthma are old and due for an update which I anticipate will advocate this strategy. During Spring season I begin taking Singulair and begin using Dulera routinely, twice a day everyday, until pollen levels go down. This combination is so effective for me during Spring time, it is no longer a dreaded time of year. In fact, allergy symptoms that add insult to injury, so to speak, are virtually a thing of the past. Because of Singulair I no longer require antihistamines in the Spring and frankly, may be able to "get by" with using Dulera only as needed.”

Mimi · Taken for less than 1 month March 22, 2020

Dulera (formoterol / mometasone) for Asthma: “After an asthma attack a month ago. A doctor at urgent care prescribed me this. A week later I saw my allergist who told me to stop dulera. She put me on singulair. I was not able to pick up my prescription so I continued using dulera. The first week of using it, I could breath a lot better however- now after a month use. My body has experienced chest tightness, lung twitching & heart palpitations. My body feels off. I don’t like the chest tightness and weird heart palpitations. I will be discontinuing this until I get my other asthma medication.”

Isa · Taken for less than 1 month February 27, 2020

Dulera (formoterol / mometasone) for Asthma: “I suffered with asthma my entire life, and was intubated several time, nothing I used worked. You guys changes my life because of Dulera my asthma is under control and that was some I struggled with for over 30 years.”

KBen · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 18, 2020

Dulera (formoterol / mometasone) for Asthma, Maintenance: “I was forced to use Dulera after getting a new Job and Advair went from $0 to $160 a month. I have been on Dulera for about a month total, what I can tell you is I hate the side effects of it. I have spasms in my pecs and calves which always seem to be noticed about 30 minutes to an hour after I use the inhaler. Shaking in my hands and the occasional blurred vision. I wish I could go back to Advair but insurance won’t budge and I can’t afford it. I find it easier to use my rescue inhalers then keep taking Dulera.”

J · Taken for 1 to 2 years January 4, 2020

Dulera (formoterol / mometasone) for Asthma: “I've had asthma my entire life to the point I would pass out from being unable to breathe and many times felt I'd never make it to the hospital. Dulera is the first med in 50 years to completely free me from this condition. I've been attack free for 2 years. Now the pharmacist tells me it's been discontinued. Please tell me that's not true”

SuzyQ December 6, 2019

Dulera (formoterol / mometasone) for Asthma: “I've been on Dulera for the past year or more. It helped significantly. However, I've used up the coupon where it only costs $15 and now it is $405 and I can no longer afford it. After reading that others have had shaky hands, heart palpitations, and weigh gain, I'm realizing that I have those issues too and it might be the Dulera. I guess I'll find out since I'm not taking it anymore. :(”

Wheezy4life · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 22, 2019

Dulera (formoterol / mometasone) for Asthma, Maintenance: “Dulera Helped my asthma disappear- it was amazing! Now the effects: I feel like I can barley think, my vision is blurry, I gained about 7 pounds, always hungry, moody and excessively tired. I’d rather not breathe!”

Amandalee · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 3, 2019

Dulera (formoterol / mometasone) for Asthma: “I have severe asthma and my heart stopped on father’s day this year’ from having a asthma attack. It’s the second time I’ve gone into cardiac arrest from an attack & waking up the next day on life support. Since June I’ve been on Dulera taking 2 puffs twice a day, & it has helped tremendously’ I can breathe!! I’ve gone from constantly short of breathe’ waking up in the middle of night in attacks’ it was awful., the only thing that’s scaring me tho is’ I’m gaining weight’ I’ve put on about 10-15 pounds since June’ Without changing my diet, I’ve noticed I feel hungry a lot’ I’ve always had a little weight on me’ but I don’t want to get to that point where I’m depressed about my weight’ I already get that way as it is.. I’m just on the fence of what I should do.”

Qusie · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 25, 2019

Dulera (formoterol / mometasone) for Asthma: “After my recovery period from the flu and pneumonia, I continued to take Dulera and suffered migraines and headaches, thrush twice, laryngitis, and the absolute worse muscle cramps and spasms that would bring me to tears. Frequently. I am SO relieved that this is from the DULARA and if I stop it this will all go away. I have developed shaking my hands and fingers as well... I don't know if this is related.”

Chels · Taken for 6 months to 1 year February 27, 2019

Dulera (formoterol / mometasone) for Asthma, Maintenance: “I've been using this for approx. 6 months and my asthma has never been better. However, it causes me terrible muscle spasms all over my body and I've gained over 10 pounds. I've tried lowering the dose and taking extra potassium and magnesium to see if it lessens the spasms, to no avail. I'm going to have to stop taking it.”

Icarus · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 2, 2019

Dulera (formoterol / mometasone) for Asthma: “The weight gain (15# in two months) and headaches are not worth the slight benefit I might get from Dulera over time. I’ll look for other ways to manage the asthma.”

dndlee91 · Taken for less than 1 month December 20, 2018

Dulera (formoterol / mometasone) for Asthma: “I've been on Dulera for about 14 days now. I'm sleeping better w/ less coughing. The side effect I'm having is the worst case of thrush. Anyone else have this issue? If so what did you do to treat it? Did you have to get medication from the Dr. ?”

Kenieara February 14, 2018

Dulera (formoterol / mometasone) for Asthma: “I tried Dulera for a week and did not like it. I was diagnosed with mild asthma at age 30 but probably had it most of my life--just assumed everyone felt like they couldn't breathe sometimes. :) Doctor prescribed the 100mcg dose, two puffs in the morning and two in the evening. I did that the first day, and that night, I felt very agitated, couldn't sleep, felt depressed, and had depressing thoughts. I struggled a bit with depression as a teen, but I hadn't felt that way in 5-10 years before taking Dulera. I cut down to 1 puff in the morning and felt much better on days 2-5, but by day 6, I was starting to feel depressed again. Stopped the Dulera and feeling back to normal like myself. Maybe I am more prone to these side effects because I've had a history of depression, but these were very scary side effects. I also felt like I was losing my voice by day 6. To be fair it did reduce my nighttime coughing... but not worth the side effects for my mild asthma.”

jaboshaoo · Taken for 6 months to 1 year December 8, 2017

Dulera (formoterol / mometasone) for Asthma, Maintenance: “Used Dulera for 6 months. It worked fantastically for my asthma. I used a spacer with it. Dulera leaves or causes "boogies" in your nose that filter the air for you. BUT, it gave me severe migraines. I wouldn't have found out if the following hadn't happened. Was due for a refill, my insurance wanted the Dr. to do another "dance" to prove I need this, and because of the delay, I started wanting to know just how much does this med cost. Was shocked at the price. But during my shock, my eyes fell upon 3 main side effects (I make it a practice not to look at side effects unless I experience something) and headaches was one of them. Shazam!! So THAT was why I'd been having debilitating migraines all summer.”

frippy2 · Taken for less than 1 month November 3, 2017

Dulera (formoterol / mometasone) for Asthma: “Took this 2x and developed wheezing, coughing and flu like symptoms with a fever. Had to use rescue inhaler just to get my lungs open. Will not be using again, definitely not worth the side effects.”

Naa1958 September 25, 2017

Dulera (formoterol / mometasone) for Asthma, Maintenance: “Dulera is working great on my breathing and helping me cough up excess mucus but my pain level in the parts of my body that have osteoarthritis seems to have increased. I know my blood pressure is up so my doctor did add another blood pressure that's helping take care of that. I just am in pain wherever I have osteoarthritis, has anyone else experienced this?”

Neil in NC · Taken for 5 to 10 years September 22, 2017

Dulera (formoterol / mometasone) for Asthma: “I've been on and off Dulera for several years. After using it regularly for a month or two I invariably get a low-level infection in my lungs/bronchial tubes. Major yellow-to-brown phlegm, constantly coughing. Then when I go off Dulera, after a few days the infection self-cures and the phlegm and coughing subside. But then of course the asthma comes back. For me there's no magic solution (yet!). I'll probably not use Dulera any more, too afraid of the infections it encourages.”

Marjanexz August 24, 2017

Dulera (formoterol / mometasone) for Asthma, Maintenance: “I have probably spent 2,000$ this year due to hospital co pays, I was put on dulera and it has completely stopped my wheezing, I just wish I didn't need medicine to breathe :(”

Anonymous August 9, 2017

Dulera (formoterol / mometasone) for Asthma: “I just quit using dulera two days ago because I was having the quivering pain in my leg and arm. Also, been experiencing pain in my chest/breast area. Also, even after two days of not being on the dulera I feel that my lungs are more open than they were on the dulera. I have switched back to using proair and qvar. I wish this medication did not have so many side effects as it did seem to control my asthma.”

JCSMSB · Taken for 2 to 5 years August 8, 2017

Dulera (formoterol / mometasone) for Asthma: “It has worked well to control my asthma, but after several years it immediately causes me to lose my voice .. making unattractive squeaky sounds.”

Anonymous May 18, 2017

Dulera (formoterol / mometasone) for Asthma, Maintenance: “After 8 months of taking Dulera it suddenly hit me that I was very sensitive to dust, harsh cleaning products, 2nd hand smoke and strong perfumes. After much thought I talked to my doctor about this suspicion that Dulera was causing this. She said go ahead and stop using it. Dulera did *work* for preventing daily asthma, however, I think it also prevents the lungs (and yourself) from actually dealing with asthma attacks when they do come. I'm nearing my 2nd week off Dulera and I'm finding out that I need to re-learn how to effectively calm myself down when some mild asthma is coming. Dulera worked pretty well for me for several months until I was confronted head-on with new triggers that previously did not effect me before Dulera.”

Asthma1974 · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 14, 2017

Dulera (formoterol / mometasone) for Asthma: “I recently switched from Symbicort to Dulera. My asthma is under control, but the side effects are worrisome. My blood glucose levels have risen and I have gained 5 pounds in the two months since I've been using this medication. I will give it a few more months until I speak with my doctor about other alternatives.”

Susan Y May 13, 2017

Dulera (formoterol / mometasone) for Asthma: “I took Dulera 200 for about 3 months. After a month I experienced heart palpitations (heart rate from 80 to 188 in seconds). At first it would only last 2-3 minutes. Then palpitations lasted over an hour, then two hours. Ended up in the ER four times, twice to receive an IV drug to reset and slow my heart beat. Cardiologist at the hospital put me on Diltiazem to control my heart rate. It lowered blood pressure (was already good), but did not stop heart palpitations. Began having breathing problems and doctor increased Diltiazem dosage. Experienced worse breathing issues and loss of bladder control. Finally realized the Diltiazem caused breathing problems and Dulera was causing the racing heart palpitations. Nightmare!”

sherman sparks April 12, 2017

Dulera (formoterol / mometasone) for Asthma, Maintenance: “a very good product. it works..shame that the company has jacked the price up so much that its no longer affordable...greed is a very bad thing”