User Reviews for Fexofenadine/pseudoephedrine to treat Allergic Rhinitis

Also known as: Allegra-D 12 Hour, Allegra-D 24 Hour, Allegra-D 12 Hour Allergy & Congestion, Allegra-D 24 Hour Allergy & Congestion

Fexofenadine/pseudoephedrine Rating Summary

6.9/10 Average Rating

Compare all 284 medications used in the treatment of Allergic Rhinitis.

Reviews for Fexofenadine/pseudoephedrine

Claudia · Taken for less than 1 month March 25, 2020

Allegra-D 24 Hour (fexofenadine / pseudoephedrine): “ My sinus pain was so bad I had pain in the teeth, molars, maxillary bone, these varied pains every day, I could not even speak”

Pablotomon · Taken for 5 to 10 years March 1, 2020

Allegra-D 12 Hour (fexofenadine / pseudoephedrine): “This medication Allegra-D 12 hr has been for me as close to a lifesaver as it can be. No other medication works for me, without an Rx, of course. I take it once every other day and my nose and sinus remain quiet. I do appreciate Allegra-D 12 hour caller❤”

arniearns January 20, 2020

Allegra-D 24 Hour (fexofenadine / pseudoephedrine): “I only needed to take ONE of these pills to cure my clogged nose. Within hours I could breathe again and I haven’t had a stuffy nose since. Usually I have clogged noses for a week when I catch a cold. I’m so happy I found this.”

Altaz · Taken for less than 1 month November 29, 2019

Allegra-D 12 Hour (fexofenadine / pseudoephedrine): “Picked a different allergy medicine like with chlorpheniramine. I have allergies to dust and pet dander as well and have to travel all the time for work and hotels always mess me up. Tried this (useless...a dust mask would have worked better than this junk). The Pharmacy didn't have chlor triplon which is what I usually use to prevent me from waking up having an allergy attack from nasal drip. Guess I know better now.”

Not my real name · Taken for less than 1 month November 28, 2019

“I've been taking Fexet D for the past two days and I've been absolutely miserable. I have acute sinusitis and this medicine does help with the congestion, however, it also makes me extremely nauseous, irritable, and depressed. It also makes me sneeze excessively, and makes me extremely light headed. Will not be taking it again any time soon unless I absolutely HAVE to”

Anon · Taken for less than 1 month November 7, 2019

Allegra-D 24 Hour (fexofenadine / pseudoephedrine): “Do NOT take this medicine. It should be illegal. I took it for 3 days, and all 3 days I felt nauseous, dizzy, unmotivated, and depressed. Worst part is I haven’t slept more than 2-3 hours a night. This medication will disrupt your life. I usually take Zyrtec D but decided to try Allegra out - my allergies have gotten exponentially worse on it. I have had severe sinus pressure, a cough, and headaches in addition to all the other symptoms.”

Happy camper! · Taken for less than 1 month May 25, 2019

Allegra-D 24 Hour (fexofenadine / pseudoephedrine): “Allegra D has is like a magic pill! This April-May I’ve been suffering horribly from severe allergies and also caught bad viral cold twice!! Also Im terribly allergic to dogs and during that time, my husband also decided to adopt a dog from SPCA. I was literally in bed those two months, taking daily cold and allergy meds (switching b/w regular Allegra/Claritin/Zyrtec) but still has constant sneezing/ itchy eyes/post nasal drip/coughing/congestion, with not even a minute of relief. I decided to take Allegra D for the first time and it’s given me my life back. I’ve been so incredibly grateful for this because it’s worked so beautifully for me. I have zero symptoms of allergies (especially to dog!) and zero symptoms of the medicines side effects. I’ve been taking it daily for 2 weeks. Allegra D doesn’t work for everyone but give it a try b/c it’s saved me and I’m just sooo grateful to be able to function normally now (and saved my rescue dog from being returned!)”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month May 12, 2019

Allegra-D 24 Hour (fexofenadine / pseudoephedrine): “I tried Allegra D 24 as my pharmacy was out of Claritin D. The 1st few days this really didn't do anything for my sinuses, by day 7 I was suffering from such intense side effects that I could not work, and wound up with an emergency appointment with any Doctor that would see me at my doctors office. My side effects from the Allergra D was anxiety to the 10th power (never had anxiety before), chest tightness, felt like my throat was closing, could not breathe, terrible cough, dry mouth it has been a horrible few days while waiting for this medication to leave my system. I was even give Xanax to help relieve my anxiety, which if you have taken it is no picnic either. I have been taking Claritin D for years and never experienced anything like this.”

Pita · Taken for less than 1 month February 4, 2019

Allegra-D 24 Hour (fexofenadine / pseudoephedrine): “This medication works great for allergies. My mom takes it and she loves it. However, as soon as I take it, I start feeling all those crazy side effects. Dizziness, nausea, pain everywhere, headaches, crying spells, etc. I personally won’t ever take it again because it is definitely NOT for me but it is for people like my mom. So I don’t know. Maybe it just depends on your body because everyone is different ”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month October 15, 2018

Allegra-D 24 Hour (fexofenadine / pseudoephedrine): “Completely ineffective and actually made things worse. My allergies were really bad this year so a pharmacist recommended I try this. After three days it's left me with incredible pressure in my sinuses and ears affecting my balance, and had no effect on my runny nose. I'm stuck suffering another 24 hours until I can take something else. Will never use this again.”

TeeCee · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 12, 2018

“Allegra-D (24 hour) does relieve my nasal symptoms very quickly, and the relief last a long time. The downside of this medication for me is that it increases my anxiety drastically. I lose my temper, and over-react concerning the slightest things. When I came off of it I returned to my normal self and began to enjoy life again. When I decided to go back on Allegra I began to suffer from the same side effects. So I know it's the medication.”

Kandy · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 9, 2018

Allegra-D 24 Hour (fexofenadine / pseudoephedrine): “I only take this in my extreme cases where my congestion gets so bad I can't breathe; I never take this daily. Within an hour I feel better. It does do a bit of insomnia, but thats usual for me”

M.Ser · Taken for 2 to 5 years March 10, 2018

Allegra-D 24 Hour (fexofenadine / pseudoephedrine): “When everything else failed I tried this for the first time many years ago and it worked. If I stop it and the only bad thing that ever happened was I noticed I had some cold sweats at night other than that I give it a 8. I'm going to take it 3 years after that time I had stop let's see if it works again like you did the first time”

Chelsea · Taken for less than 1 month March 7, 2018

Allegra-D 24 Hour (fexofenadine / pseudoephedrine): “This medicine works great for allergies. However, day five into taking it, I’m experiencing MAJOR depression/personality changes. I don’t feel like myself at all, and there’s nothing else in my life that would contribute to this. My personality feels extremely subdued, I’m withdrawn, don’t care about anything or anyone, and negative self-talk has significantly increased...this is not who I am! I’ll be stopping this medication tomorrow.”

RJ · Taken for less than 1 month February 24, 2018

Allegra-D 24 Hour (fexofenadine / pseudoephedrine): “So Allegra D seems to work on decongesting my sinuses, but this cough I got with it too is horrible. And the cough causes a headache. I'd rather be stuffed up than coughing with a headache:/”

Anonymous November 16, 2017

Allegra-D 24 Hour (fexofenadine / pseudoephedrine): “This is the only thing that helps me with my allergies. I get symptoms every year in November. It helps with the nasal dripping, and open up my sinuses only bad thing is.. mouth stay dry all the time. I recommend this to anyone”

Myranda W May 26, 2017

Allegra-D 12 Hour (fexofenadine / pseudoephedrine): “I was suffering from a severe sinus infection for over a week, and I was taking Sudafed to help with the pain and pressure, but of course, that did not work for a sinus infection. I started taking the 24 hour Allegra-D for my congestion and inflamed sinuses along with antibiotics and it helped almost immediately. Every day. I only took it until my infection went away, not continuously. Only side effects were really bad dry mouth constantly and bad drainage of mucous so I constantly had to clear my throat, which caused my throat to be sore.”

Wallybird uk · Taken for 2 to 5 years November 16, 2016

“Omg I have been on Fexofenodine for over two years and for at least as long I thought my insomnia was perimenopausal but since I have ceased taking it my sleep has come back, call it coincidence but this has aged me and I will never fully be able to repair the damage it has done to me through lack of sleep. I will just use Loratadine in future no more bad nights for me.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 2 years October 14, 2016

“Loss of appetite, dizziness, some anxiety and blood shot eyes.”

rainealvarrez August 18, 2016

Allegra-D 24 Hour (fexofenadine / pseudoephedrine): “Yes, this medication works to eliminate symptoms of allergies, however I had a big issue with - what I'm assuming is - a side effect of the medication. When I took the medication my personality immediately changed; I actually became less talkative and happy and it severely affected my life to the point where I randomly started crying during school. I'm assuming that the medication put me in a depression-esque state (I've never had depression before so I can't say for sure) but it altered my personality in ways my personality has never changed for the three days I took it and people noticed. It was honestly terrifying. Be wary of the side effects when taking this medication.”

Mine as well call it meth · Taken for less than 1 month May 14, 2016

“#2 .... It cut me off....I have been in recovery for 2 years. So it has been 2 years since I have felt this but I would never forget this feeling and this DRUG is not worth taking for me. I would never recommend this to anyone. This is highly addictive and they should be working on finding something more effective without all the side effects. But I'm sure the government like getting their money from the people after they get addicted to this. Do yourself a favor do not take this medicine”

NPFL · Taken for less than 1 month April 26, 2016

“I have what I'll deem "allergy attacks", primarily to tree pollen. I tried Allegra for the first time and it worked on my allergies. I took it 3PM Sunday and was better that evening. I took another pill Monday at 7AM and a third Monday at 7PM (instructions read once every 12 hours). Monday night I went to bed at 10PM, woke up at 12 midnight and was unable to fall back asleep again. I was exhausted, eyes gritty, but could not fall asleep no matter what. I will try a lower dose (once every 24 hrs) but not sleeping isn't worth curing the allergy.”

Anonymous&/838, May 26, 2015

Allegra-D 12 Hour (fexofenadine / pseudoephedrine): “I was prescribed this medication several years ago for allergies. I was told to take it twice a day. It was effective; however, it did cause insomnia to the point the doctor instructed me to take it once a day. It also gave me headaches the first few days taking it. Other then that, it was highly effective.”

Stephanie. May 13, 2015

Allegra-D 24 Hour (fexofenadine / pseudoephedrine): “This medication is NOT recommended! I have severe allergies to the spring weather, and since nothing else was working for me i decided to try this. At first it was like magic my allergies went away no itchy eyes, no sore throat i felt great! the side effects really hurt me though. it was about two days after taking the medication that I suffered a 24 hour migraine along with flu like symptoms, high fever, rashes, dizziness, confusion, racing heart, chills, anxiety, nausea, dry mouth, sleep problems, loss of appetite, and ringing in my ears. IT has been the worst two days of my life thanks to this medication”

MUA · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 29, 2015

Allegra-D 24 Hour (fexofenadine / pseudoephedrine): “I've just started experiencing allergies one year ago and only during the winter. I've owned my own business for the last 15 years and a new particular product that I use on my clients triggers my allergies. (There is no other product option for me to use). When winter hit again this year and the symptoms started again. I've tried EVERYTHING Allegra D is the absolute only thing that works! However, I have severe dry mouth, bad post nasal drip, and constant coughing. I use a over the counter mucus release medicine which WORKS! At the end of my work day it's terribly hard to breath so I'm going to try Afin with the Allegra D.”

Learn more about Allergic Rhinitis

Symptom checker

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)