User Reviews for Felodipine to treat High Blood Pressure

Felodipine has an average rating of 4.4 out of 10 from a total of 9 ratings for the treatment of High Blood Pressure. 33% of those users who reviewed Felodipine reported a positive effect, while 56% reported a negative effect.

Felodipine Rating Summary

4.4/10 average rating

Compare all 286 medications used in the treatment of High Blood Pressure.

Anonymous April 22, 2021

“Started taking this BP drug for only 2 weeks it helped lower my BP but it’s the same without them (white coat syndrome at the docs I am thinking) The side effects were horrible. Trouble breathing constant coughing tinged with blood. Severe aches in and around the kidneys. Feeling listless so today I stopped them and my BP is better than when I was on them. Won’t be taking them or any other BP meds again. Doctors are far too fast to prescribe medication these days. Without any investigation.”

rob · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 8, 2021

“I have high blood pressure tried loads of pills all prescribed finally put me on felodipine 5mg was working slowly then put me on 10mg things went opposite way ankles swollen pain in joints hands same painful joints was struggling to get out of chair & upstairs was painful blood pressure went up to 175 /79 stopping taking them 2 days ago lost a lot of joint pain having knee surgery in 2 weeks so was worried about the side effects”

oriflamme · Taken for 6 months to 1 year February 17, 2021

“Was diagnosed with hypertension, which is almost entirely white-coat anxiety, and prescribed felodipine. It is USELESS. Dose was doubled and it was STILL useless. Added an ARB, which worked, even too well (lowest dose lowers my bp too much--because the only place I have hypertension is doctor's office). Then cut back on the felodipine--no increase in the bp. Going to get off it entirely and stick with the ARB. Felodipine/calcium channel blocker is a placebo for minimal hypertension. DON't take it. Angiotension-system drugs are far better (but be sure it's an ARB, not an ACE, which causes bad cough in a lot more patients than they claim).”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month August 22, 2018

“Was on amlodipine for 2 years. Legs started to tighten terribly and feet swelling so GP put me on felodipine. WOH. Tingling all over body, numbness to the point of dropping cups etc. Headaches rendering me to bed, couldn't lift head off pillows without feeling nausea and dizziness. Then started coughing up blood. This was all in 3 weeks. Stopped taking it and all returned to normal after 3 days. But unfortunately blood pressure was high again. So now awaiting new medication.”

Anonymous · Taken for 2 to 5 years May 21, 2012

“While this medicine was effective in lowering my blood pressure it had numerous negative side effects. It made me very sleepy, sensitive to heat, caused my ankles and legs to swell up so I needed a diuretic, it caused acid reflux with or without food, flushing, and made my depression much worse. I have since weaned off.”

smit July 17, 2009

Plendil (felodipine): “Plendil was effective in controlling my blood pressure. The only reason I am not taking it is because I can not purchase this medicine anymore due to the company discontinuing the product. I have had problems finding a substitute for this medicine. If anything is available on the market, I need help.”

Judy Tait, NZ · Taken for 1 to 2 years September 27, 2015

“This medication has brought great relief to my life at 70 yrs. My peripheral arteries are blocked (legs completely) and completely or partially blocked in other areas, including heart. I think due to a perinatal cause (my mother suffered meningitis during pregnancy in UK in 1942) - I have been told that my peripheral arteries are "spindly" but the main ones are fine (angiogram). Blood pressure (systolic) was 200 and I suffered numerous heart attacks and palpitations, prior to use of felodipine.”

Linjf November 17, 2017

“After trying 2 or 3 different pills finally given 5mg felodopine & was great - until the pharmacy said they couldn't get hold of them & was given 2x 2.5mg of parmidXL. Within 3 days my B/P was back high again, feeling breathless and dizzy. Am told its the same drug,,,,but definitely has different results . Has anyone else experienced this?? What to do now ,,,,”

AERBORNE April 30, 2009

“After taking this medicine for 8 days my blood pressure lowered by 10 units. From 160/100 it became 150/100.”