User Reviews for Felbatol to treat Epilepsy

Felbatol Rating Summary

7.8/10 Average Rating

Compare all 194 medications used in the treatment of Epilepsy.

Reviews for Felbatol

PearKing · Taken for 1 to 2 years April 16, 2019

“I’ve been on 14 different medications to try and help control my seizures. I have refractory juvenile myclonic epilepsy and Felatol is the only medication that has nearly given me my life back. I would typically have anywhere from 30-80 seizures a day (myclonic and absence) and this brought it down to around 10-15 a day in total. My only complaints are the insomnia (which can be controlled with a very large dose of melatonin), loss of appetite and the possible risk of life threatening side effects. The weight loss does stop after a while if you experience it.”

stex · Taken for 1 to 2 years July 17, 2016

“Ineffective med that resulted in extreme weight loss and made cognition practically impossible so I did not pass my oral exam before nor was I even able to understand the questions my graduate committee members were asking. I got off of it at that point then went from a 28" waist back to a 32".”

yeteps October 12, 2013

“Started taking Felbatol in October 1995. Until then had been on several medications, nothing would stop my seizures, not even a combinations of medicines. By April 1996 I was almost seizure free. For over 17 yrs I have been seizure free. No one, unless they have experienced this, can imagine the change in all of our lives.”

Anonymous July 3, 2011

“Caused severe insomnia for the first two weeks, which went away. No other side effects. Does require blood tests. Now 8 weeks seizure free, down from 20-25 month of complex partials and grand mals. A miracle, as long as you understand and accept the potential serious side effects.”

crazzydeexox January 14, 2011

“Stopped My Seiures So Far & I Have Never Felt Better”

bjmorgan23 June 2, 2009

“Paresthesia in hands and feet tremors.”

Learn more about Epilepsy

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)