User Reviews for Felbatol

Lennox-Gastaut Syndrome   10.0
Epilepsy   7.8

PearKing · Taken for 1 to 2 years April 16, 2019

For Epilepsy: “I’ve been on 14 different medications to try and help control my seizures. I have refractory juvenile myclonic epilepsy and Felatol is the only medication that has nearly given me my life back. I would typically have anywhere from 30-80 seizures a day (myclonic and absence) and this brought it down to around 10-15 a day in total. My only complaints are the insomnia (which can be controlled with a very large dose of melatonin), loss of appetite and the possible risk of life threatening side effects. The weight loss does stop after a while if you experience it.”

Lauren · Taken for 10 years or more February 23, 2019

For Lennox-Gastaut Syndrome: “My daughter has been on this med for over 18 years. After experimenting with just about every epileptic drug and cocktails, and the initial fear of the side effects, I am glad I listened to her neurologist. Still has episodes but her quality of life has improved.”

Lynne Y July 21, 2016

For Lennox-Gastaut Syndrome: “Felbamate worked very well for my son. He was on the initial trial and has been on it for decades. I would never take him off of it. He uses it in combination with a couple of other drugs. Onfi did Not work and had side effects.”

stex · Taken for 1 to 2 years July 17, 2016

For Epilepsy: “Ineffective med that resulted in extreme weight loss and made cognition practically impossible so I did not pass my oral exam before nor was I even able to understand the questions my graduate committee members were asking. I got off of it at that point then went from a 28" waist back to a 32".”

yeteps October 12, 2013

For Epilepsy: “Started taking Felbatol in October 1995. Until then had been on several medications, nothing would stop my seizures, not even a combinations of medicines. By April 1996 I was almost seizure free. For over 17 yrs I have been seizure free. No one, unless they have experienced this, can imagine the change in all of our lives.”

Anonymous July 3, 2011

For Epilepsy: “Caused severe insomnia for the first two weeks, which went away. No other side effects. Does require blood tests. Now 8 weeks seizure free, down from 20-25 month of complex partials and grand mals. A miracle, as long as you understand and accept the potential serious side effects.”

crazzydeexox January 14, 2011

For Epilepsy: “Stopped My Seiures So Far & I Have Never Felt Better”

bjmorgan23 June 2, 2009

For Epilepsy: “Paresthesia in hands and feet tremors.”