User Reviews for Bydureon BCise to treat Diabetes, Type 2

Bydureon BCise has an average rating of 5.2 out of 10 from a total of 28 ratings for the treatment of Diabetes, Type 2. 29% of those users who reviewed Bydureon BCise reported a positive effect, while 36% reported a negative effect.

Bydureon BCise Rating Summary

5.2/10 average rating

Compare all 158 medications used in the treatment of Diabetes, Type 2.

Reviews for Bydureon BCise

Langdonkim · Taken for 2 to 5 years June 8, 2021

“Terrible product design. I’ve been in practice 30 years and struggle to get this injector to dispense the product correctly. The company needs to start over and simplify. It’s expensive for patients and heartbreaking when they can’t get a dose administered.”

Glorya Jean · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 1, 2021

“So far I can not get this to inject. Three shots in and twice it deploys after I pull the needle out. Todays third try - same story. Needle goes in and meds stay in the pen. I am beyond frustrated. Why they discontinued the manual injection is beyond me. At least I could actually take the injection! Bydureon works great if you can actually take the injection. It gets one star from me because I simply can not get BCise to work!”

Bull · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 18, 2021

“On three occasions, the injection didn’t work and medicine spilled out after I had held the pen to my skin for 15 seconds. This is frustrating because there is no way to stop this once it has been engaged.”

Morgannyy · Taken for 1 to 2 years March 3, 2020

“You’ll be lucky if the Bydueon pens work half the time. Just got done puncturing myself again and watching as the delivery device failed to move. Holding the pen, stuck in me, but none of the medicine moving. What to do? Pull it out, blood spurts out, again, and medicine now fires out everywhere. Stop the bleeding, clean up the medicine. Total waste, again. They need to redesign the pen!”

CinCee · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 7, 2021

“Been using Bcise for 10 weeks, 3 times it has not fully injected so I only got a partial dose. Unlike the old bydureon, you can't move this to find a different spot or change needles to try again. Yes it's easier to work with, but I find it unreliable.”

Smitty · Taken for 6 months to 1 year September 1, 2019

“Love the medication when I can use it, I have had 6 pens malfunction in the last month. Four in the last week. I have been without my meds for two weeks. They keep replacing them but the new ones don't work either. Been injecting myself for years it's not operator error.”

Pilates3150 · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 7, 2020

“I have used Bydureon BCise for 5 weeks and so far I have had 3 pins malfunction . Very annoying . I spend 30 minutes on the phone answering the same questions and then they send an envelope to put the pin in and mail back by fed x . I have to go to the nearest fed x to mail back and then to the pharmacy to pick up a new pack . This needs to be fixed”

GGirl July 28, 2019

“I wouldn't know if the medication works or not because after trying to use 4 different pens from two separate boxes, I have yet to get a pen to work. The medicine either comes out when I take the orange lid off, or it is all over my stomach when I remove the pen. The cost is too exorbitant to have this waste.”

kathyonobx · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 2, 2019

“I did a review on 2019-09-02 under the same name (kathyonobx) and this is my update . Bydureon BCise was used for several months. I began to suspect that it had contributed to or caused a deep depression as well as daily migraine headaches which began almost immediately upon use. Update 09-02-2019: My last Bydureon BCise injection was Aug 5, 2019. My first Ozempic .25 mg injection was Aug 12, 2019. I was told it would take 2 weeks for the Bydureon to leave my system. At almost exactly the 2 week mark, my depression stopped and the migraines stopped! I still have an occasional headache, but not migraine strength and not daily.”

magee July 29, 2018

“Started taking Bydureon BCise in February 2018, 7 months in and nothing short of miraculous and has changed my life in so many positive ways. A1C at the start was 8.0 after my first blood test it dropped to 5.9 and I've lost approx. 43 lbs. I take Metformin 500 mg twice a day, my fasting sugar varies, from low 80s-115. On two occasions I experienced lows at 70, and 80, it was a new experience for me but a chocolate candy bar and good to go. I like others have read scary reviews about side effects so apprehensive at first but after my 3rd month I noticed nothing bad and began to get comfortable with the injection part, I've found taking the pen out of the refrigerator 30 min prior to injection helps with mixing and comfort when injecting, and it works best if you inject into fatty tissue in your lower abdomen, and alternate weekly. Also it is my courage as I've changed my lifestyle to healthy eating, as the medication will punish you if you make a bad choice trust me on this one !”

Traderbob · Taken for less than 1 month February 9, 2020

“On my fourth week of Bydureon BCise, no side effects that I have noticed other than the injection site. All four sites have a hard lump under the skin, and burn and itch (mild irritation, I would say 3 on a scale of 1-10).”

Ron · Taken for 6 months to 1 year February 7, 2019

“I got off Metformin as that caused a Lactic Acidosis reaction for me and went onto Bydureon Bcise at the recommendation of my Doctor and a Diabetes Education consultant. I have been on this medication for 9 months and the once a week shot is easy to use with only the small bump at the injection site being the only downside I have experienced. Have not had any upset stomach issues. My A1C went from 7.2 to 5.9 with no change in diet.”

Medication Often Back Ordered · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 6, 2019

“This medication is backordered half of the time leaving me with no shot when it is time to take the weekly shot. This is NOT helpful to someone who relies on this medication to keep blood sugar in check. What is the point of taking it if it is backordered all the time!”

703 · Taken for 5 to 10 years January 22, 2021

“Drug works very well for me. Low readings and no side effects. Like many I have been getting injection pen failures where the plunger fails to activate until the needle is pulled out. It was maybe a once or twice per year occurrence. Now it is one in every 4 pack of pens. Asking my Doctor for a different prescription.”

SPF January 16, 2021

“When I first began using Bydureon bcise, it worked great. I didn't have any side effects until after taking it for several months. Sometimes the nausea was mild, and other times it made me feel like I was near death, but after I began eating Greek yogurt before my injections, it definitely helped with the nausea. My biggest complaint is, after using Bydureon bcise over a year, I began having problems with just about every injection. I dealt with faulty injections for several months, and finally decided to have my doctor switch me to something else.”

GA Peach December 3, 2018

“I wanted to successfully use this medication to control my elevated blood glucose. Initially, it lowered my blood glucose but, with each weekly injection, a new side effect would present. Finally, after #9, vomiting started along with the other side effects. I asked my MD to please stop the medication. I wanted it to work but I couldn’t tolerate it any longer.”

Captjoe · Taken for 6 months to 1 year March 10, 2019

“Using Bydureon BCise for 6 months without any issues. It appears to have only kept my type 2 Diabetes with very small change at this time. I did have 2 pens that malfunction by jamming and unable to get the pen to depress and inject the dosage , even with hard pressure against the skin. I'm in the process of getting a replacement for these Bydureon BCise faulty or defective pens since they're very costly.”

Ren · Taken for 6 months to 1 year October 9, 2018

“I hate this pen. Half of the solution leaks out. It makes me bleed a lot. The mechanism pushes back so it's like having to fight with it to do its job. I'm so tired of it. I can't wait to run out to get something different.”

DM · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 27, 2018

“I started taking Bydureon 15 weeks ago with an A1C of 9. Today it is 6.1. The beginning side effects were mild and tolerable, the injections are not painful, at all. Those are the positive things. Unfortunately this past week I have had extreme headaches, lethargy, abdominal pain and nausea/vomiting. All of lab tests are perfectly normal, my doctor wants me to continue the medication. My pharmacist wants me to stop. I cannot directly correlate how I feel with the medication, but I have no other logical explanation. If anyone has any information or suggestions, they would be greatly appreciated. Good luck to everyone!!”

Cookie · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 11, 2019

“I had been on Victoza for a couple years with great results but switched to Bydurion Bcise on the advice of a drug rep. I have been using it for 5 months. My A1C went from 6 to 12.6 and my fasting glucose was 442. I am now back on Victoza and will be starting a few other pills tomorrow. I hadn't been checking my blood sugars because Victoza had kept it so regulated but now have to to make sure it doesn't get too low. My Dr told me this morning that it is a wonder I wasn't in a diabetic coma with an insulin drip. Needless to say, from this day forward this girl is checking her bloodsugars.”

Cinder · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 30, 2019

“I have been taking Bydureon BCise for 6 weeks and have had no issues. If I eat the wrong foods or too much I have severe stomach pain, but if I control my food intake all is well. I have not had my AIC checked yet, but I am hoping it went down.”

jlinferno9 · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 19, 2018

“I have type 2 diabetes and began taking bydureon BCise for nearly 12 weeks now. Before I was injecting Novolin 3 times a day with Levemir at night. I am now only taking metformin and Januvia along with the Bydureon BCise in the last 4 months I have gone from 240lbs to 190lbs in conjunction with a diabetic diet and exercise. I have not experienced any of the many side effects listed except for the hard lumps that result at the injection site but they go away after a few weeks. I do experience some lethargy but exercising daily helps to maintain acceptable energy levels. It is very expensive; upwards of $850 for a 4 week supply/4 pens. However, with insurance, I only pay the co-pay of $30. I am very pleased with this product”

Sfgirl · Taken for less than 1 month December 7, 2019

“I started this medication along with Januvia and have been taking Januvia once a day and Metformin twice a day. I am on my second week. Doing ok but the injection sites are lumpy, red, painful and itchy. My endocrinologist says this is normal and takes about six weeks for the lumps to disappear. I am using an ice pack to calm the itchiness and pain. Every now and then I feel a little nauseous but I drink ginger tea and I’m OK. Hope this all calms down with time. My BS numbers are good in normal range.”

Magee · Taken for 6 months to 1 year October 22, 2018

“My last comments were at the end of July, 2018 and I wanted to follow up. It is now the end of Oct. and all is going well with my use of Bydureon Bcise. I have become comfortable with the injections and use a alcohol patch to sanitize my injection site prior to injection. I've noticed no injection site side effects. However my A1C is steady at 5.9, along with diet and exercise I've continued to loose weight now over 70lbs. My cholesterol went from over 200 to 91, needless to say my Drs and I are happy. That said I am more in tune with my stomach during meals, I can tell three bites in if the food agrees with the bydureon as my stomach will spasm to an uncomfortable level. So not all doses but very doable, I wish you all good luck and the success that I have had using this medication.”

Old Dude · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 10, 2018

“Have been using Byetta and then Bydureon since 2009. I was always happy with the results. I started using the Bydureon BCise version about a month ago. I don't like the delivery system at all. Several times I have experienced welts on my skin from the needle. I really think that the new pen does a less effective job of injecting the drug. My various daily blood glucose readings are higher by an average of 10 to 20 points. I plan to give BCise another few weeks. If my overall experience does not improve I will either go back to the older version of Bydureon or use another drug.”

JD · Taken for less than 1 month April 25, 2018

“I start taking this medicine 3 weeks ago the first week. I had diarrhea and a small lump. The second week, I had diarrhea and the lump was larger and I had diarrhea. The third week the lump was larger and I had diarrhea. Two days after the injection I had hives and itching. There was no difference between this drug and Victoza with my blood sugars. The convenience of taking this medication once a week is very good but not everything is for everybody. My doctor took me off this medication.”

Type 2 Iowan · Taken for 1 to 2 years December 21, 2020

“Have had 4 Bcise injectors malfunction in the last year, 3 in last 4 months. Like other comments the plunger fails to inject and when pulled away from the body the medication shoots out and once just slowly came out. Any idea if skin, hair or body fat can plug the needle or is it just mechanical problem with the injector?”

SisterP · Taken for less than 1 month December 24, 2017

“I will be starting on Christmas Day, 2017. I must say that reading the reviews I've read, I am scared to death to try this. I only saw very few comments with good reviews. The majority comments are very scary. I'm so nervous and afraid to even start. I'm going to talk with my husband and share some of the good and bad comments with him and get his take on what I should do. Although my Endo Dr explained much of what I read regarding side effects. I not sure if it's worth ALL the illnesses. I've already been through so much with the diabetes. I'm about sick of it all. I like to wish you all well and much blessings too. Take good care everyone.”