Bydureon BCise Dosage
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Jul 22, 2021.
Generic name: EXENATIDE 2mg in 0.85mL
Dosage form: injection, suspension, extended release
- The recommended dose of BYDUREON BCISE is 2 mg subcutaneously once every 7 days (weekly). The dose can be administered at any time of day, with or without meals.
- Discontinue an immediate- or extended-release exenatide product prior to initiation of BYDUREON BCISE. Patients changing from another extended-release exenatide product to BYDUREON BCISE may do so at the next regularly scheduled dose. Patients changing from immediate-release exenatide to BYDUREON BCISE may experience transient (approximately 2 to 4 weeks) elevations in blood glucose concentrations.
- The day of weekly administration can be changed if necessary, as long as the last dose was administered 3 or more days before the new day of administration.
- If a dose is missed, administer the dose as soon as noticed, provided the next regularly scheduled dose is due at least 3 days later. Thereafter, patients can resume their usual dosing schedule of once every 7 days (weekly).
- If a dose is missed and the next regularly scheduled dose is due 1 or 2 days later, do not administer the missed dose and instead resume BYDUREON BCISE with the next regularly scheduled dose.
- Prior to initiation, train patients and caregivers on proper mixing and injection [see Instructions for Use]. Instruct caregivers to assist pediatric patients with mixing and administration.
- Remove the autoinjector from the refrigerator 15 minutes prior to mixing the injection, in order to reach room temperature.
- Mix by shaking vigorously for at least 15 seconds. After mixing, BYDUREON BCISE should appear as an opaque, white to off-white suspension, evenly mixed with no residual medicine along the side, bottom or top of the inspection window.
- Inspect BYDUREON BCISE visually before use. The suspension should appear white to off-white and cloudy. Do not use if particulate matter is present or if discoloration is observed.
- Administer BYDUREON BCISE immediately after the autoinjector is prepared as a subcutaneous injection in the abdomen, thigh, or upper arm region. Advise patients to use a different injection site each week when injecting in the same region.
Frequently asked questions
More about Bydureon BCise (exenatide)
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Drug Interactions
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- 48 Reviews
- Drug class: incretin mimetics
Related treatment guides
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.