User Reviews for Bydureon BCise

Diabetes, Type 2
8.4

Summary of Bydureon BCise reviews 8.4 7 reviews

Reviews for Bydureon BCise

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Have been using Byetta and then Bydureon since 2009. I was always happy with the results. I started using the Bydureon BCise version about a month ago. I don't like the delivery system at all. Several times I have experienced welts on my skin from the needle. I really think that the new pen does a less effective job of injecting the drug. My various daily blood glucose readings are higher by an average of 10 to 20 points. I plan to give BCise another few weeks. If my overall experience does not improve I will either go back to the older version of Bydureon or use another drug."

Old Dude (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 10, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I hate this pen. Half of the solution leaks out. It makes me bleed a lot. The mechanism pushes back so it's like having to fight with it to do its job. I'm so tired of it. I can't wait to run out to get something different."

Ren (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 9, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I started taking Bydureon 15 weeks ago with an A1C of 9. Today it is 6.1. The beginning side effects were mild and tolerable, the injections are not painful, at all. Those are the positive things. Unfortunately this past week I have had extreme headaches, lethargy, abdominal pain and nausea/vomiting. All of lab tests are perfectly normal, my doctor wants me to continue the medication. My pharmacist wants me to stop. I cannot directly correlate how I feel with the medication, but I have no other logical explanation. If anyone has any information or suggestions, they would be greatly appreciated. Good luck to everyone!!"

DM (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 27, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Started taking Bydureon BCise in February 2018, 7 months in and nothing short of miraculous and has changed my life in so many positive ways. A1C at the start was 8.0 after my first blood test it dropped to 5.9 and I've lost approx. 43 lbs. I take Metformin 500 mg twice a day, my fasting sugar varies, from low 80s-115. On two occasions I experienced lows at 70, and 80, it was a new experience for me but a chocolate candy bar and good to go. I like others have read scary reviews about side effects so apprehensive at first but after my 3rd month I noticed nothing bad and began to get comfortable with the injection part, I've found taking the pen out of the refrigerator 30 min prior to injection helps with mixing and comfort when injecting, and it works best if you inject into fatty tissue in your lower abdomen, and alternate weekly. Also it is my courage as I've changed my lifestyle to healthy eating, as the medication will punish you if you make a bad choice trust me on this one !"

magee July 29, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Took my first injection on Friday night along with 500 mg Metformin and jardiance 25 mg in the morning. On Friday night and Saturday I had severe cramps in my legs and hands. I couldn’t leave home. Sunday I vomited after drinking a smoothie and nauseated after having my dinner. I soaked in epsom salt and hydrated with alkaline water. The cramps got better, but still nauseated. Sipping on Peppermint tea. Hope the nausea goes away or I won’t be taking this again. I really want it to work for me as I could benefit from the improved cholesterol and heart health as well as reduced a1c. #praying"

Determined (taken for less than 1 month) June 17, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I start taking this medicine 3 weeks ago the first week. I had diarrhea and a small lump. The second week, I had diarrhea and the lump was larger and I had diarrhea. The third week the lump was larger and I had diarrhea. Two days after the injection I had hives and itching. There was no difference between this drug and Victoza with my blood sugars. The convenience of taking this medication once a week is very good but not everything is for everybody. My doctor took me off this medication."

JD (taken for less than 1 month) April 25, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I will be starting on Christmas Day, 2017. I must say that reading the reviews I've read, I am scared to death to try this. I only saw very few comments with good reviews. The majority comments are very scary. I'm so nervous and afraid to even start. I'm going to talk with my husband and share some of the good and bad comments with him and get his take on what I should do. Although my Endo Dr explained much of what I read regarding side effects. I not sure if it's worth ALL the illnesses. I've already been through so much with the diabetes. I'm about sick of it all. I like to wish you all well and much blessings too. Take good care everyone."

SisterP (taken for less than 1 month) December 24, 2017