User Reviews for Previfem

Learn more about Previfem.

Endometriosis 1 reviews 160 medications

Birth Control 10 reviews 280 medications

3.6
Summary of Previfem reviews 17 reviews 6.9

Reviews for Previfem

For Birth Control "Sure it's effective as birthcontrol because I have not gotten pregnant. HOWEVER... My periods have been heavier with bad cramps and acne. I also gained 8 lbs in a month now I am extremely active and eat healthy so this was unpleasant. The weight went away when I stopped taking it but honestly I've tried may birth control pills and this is BY FAR the worst. Just say no."

Jessi Vandano July 11, 2016

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I was never taken BC before but I would say that this particular one suit me quite well. Before I took it I had an extremely irregular cycle, where I could go two or three months without having a period. Also, I experience pain and fainted from it. This BC has helped me with those inconveniences; also I do not break out with pimples. I haven%u2019t tried another brand OF BC but seem to work just fine for me"

BC user June 27, 2016

"The only side affect I received from this BC is hypoglycemia. This started happening a couple of weeks after taking it. At first it would happen after I went running, but then it started happening randomly/ without working out. And it was a SUDDENLY drop so there wasn't a way to prevent it. Once I thought about what changed and narrowed it down to when I started my BCs, I stopped taking them immediately (1 yr later). After ~4 days I went running and didn't experience hypoglycemia at all. From that point on I was hypoglycemic free. I don't think anyone knows about this side affect which is unfortunate. Just some background: I was 34, am a black female, and wasn't on any other medication."

Lsj1125 (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 17, 2016

For Birth Control "I am on my 2nd week of this pill and have had terrible diarrhea, nausea, pelvic and leg pain, headaches, frequent thirst and much more. I want to switch but my doctor tells me its not possible for that medicine to cause those side effects."

Chelsm17 (taken for less than 1 month) May 2, 2016

For Birth Control "Before I started taking this I was on Gildess for about 2-3 years. My periods became so much lighter and it just made my skin that much better! I did gain a lot of weight with Gildess in the beginning but it soon shed off after a month or so. I ended up coming off of birth control (worst mistake of my life! I got post birth control acne at its very worse!) anywho, I went back to the doc and she prescribed me prevefim....... I've been on prevefim for a little under a year and I flipping hate it!! First of all, weight gain wasn't a problem.. But my acne is not under control at all. She said it was supposed to clear up my skin and it has yet to do any thing! Best thing about it is no babies. Do not use this!"

Shaiayn March 31, 2016

For Birth Control "This was the first BC I was put on. Bled continuously for 6 months. My OB/GYN prescribed it to take so my periods would stop, so 6 months of that was enough. I also have migraines, which I take Topamax to prevent, but with the Previfem they were coming nearly every other day. Extreme nausea and regular vomiting were also lovely side effects I experienced. I switched to Gildess or Junel, depending on which the pharmacy had in, and they were both a dream. None of these symptoms except for occasional nausea, so I took it at night to remedy that. Gildess and Junel are also used to regulate hormonal migraine headaches, and they both helped tremendously. I just got the Nexplanon, but will go back to Gildess/Junel if I don't do well with it."

Karki March 27, 2016

For Birth Control "As a mother of nothing but girls this really scared me. If your family had a history of blood clot, miscarriages, etc don't put your daughter/your self on an estrogen pill that has ethinyl estradiol in it. They gave her samples to take for 6 months. My daughter was on this pill for 3 months or less and ended up in the hospital with a blood clot in her lung. It was given to her to regulate her periods. This is horrible and would like all you women and young ladies to do your research and family history before starting any birth control. Now she has to suffer everyday with 2 shots of blood thinners possibly for life."

Stop and do your homework (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 18, 2016

For Birth Control "This has been the first birth control method that I haven't had a poor reaction to. My moods have been regular and I've experience no abnormal bleeding. My breast have gotten a bit larger which is nice, but they are somewhat sore. Also, I've gotten a few stray pimples but nothing too concerning. Overall this has been a great option for me and I would recommend it to anyone seeking a new form of birth control."

mlmlml February 15, 2016

For Ovarian Cysts "I had my left ovary removed in September of 2015 because of a 10cm cyst that was twisting my ovary, cutting off blood supply. After my surgery they put me on birth control immediately to prevent another cyst from growing on my other ovary. Previfem has been working well for me, the only symptoms I have had have been fatigue, a little bit of weight gain (about 5 pounds) and some mood swings. Other than that I have not had any problems. My period is shorter, lighter and I no longer get cramps like I used to. Overall my experience with this birth control has been great."

Hadley M December 8, 2015

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I have only been on this bc for 2 weeks. the day i started it, I've had constant headaches to the point where I can't even tolerate being awake. I'm forced to take naps during the pain. my mood is off the charts, even as I'm typing this. oh yea, my skin -- terrible. I had no problem with acne before this pill. the last bc I was on (the dial, and the patch -- oh how i loved the patch -- my provider doesn't offer it anymore) but yes, this bc has been a pain since day one. also, i get frequent sharp pains in my lower abdomen. the only reason i am still taking it is because i am hoping the side effects stop and i have an apt with my doc next week. i gave it a 2 because since being on it, i have not gotten pregnant, but i've also not had sex due"

cash - spotting every day sinc August 14, 2015

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "This pill is amazing. I was prescribed it for PCOS and as a birth control. After having a terrible experience with the nuva ring, I was nervous to try any other form of birth control. While the first 3 months were rough in terms of moodiness and mild acne, it's all seemed to have leveled out and I couldn't be happier. No decrease in libido (probably has increased, actually), no weight gain (I've actually lost 15 lbs since I started, but I've been dieting too), increased breast size ~1/2 cup), regular periods with significantly decreased flow and decreased cramping. Hardly any acne ever now and my pms seems ton better. Everyone is different, but this pill seems like magic to me!"

Jennie P. (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 16, 2015

For Birth Control "I started taking previfem about 4 months ago (I've been on it for about a month) and it was pretty awful. At the beginning my acne got worse and I wanted to eat everything. I actually thought that I was pregnant because of my mood swings and the fact that gained 10 pounds. After the 2nd month my acne totally cleared up but I was still gaining weight, when I went to the Doctor for a check up he noticed I was a bit heavier and thats when I got off it. It also made my face really fat ????"

Anonymous May 21, 2015

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "This pill has been absolutely amazing. I can truly say that I have had no problems with it. It definitely does it job and does it well. My oily skin has cleared and I have actually lost weight ! I am eating less and it's great. I would definitely recommend this oral contraception for anyone who gas had it rough with other pills.! I do get my period every month so I am thinking about switching to one that I won't get it but other than that I love this pill!"

Justinee (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 10, 2015

For Birth Control "This birth control has given me terrible side effects of depression. I don't feel like the same woman. I want off of it as soon as I can! This is not in my character to act, feel, or think the way I have been thinking. "

AmethystG April 10, 2015

For Endometriosis "I wanted to try a new Pill other than Sronyx. Sronyx caused very bad depression, weight gain, and a general disinterest in sex. Overall, I guess you can say it was a very effective birth control for me because I never felt like having sex. My first month on Previfem I experienced slight nausea, and low mood/energy and spotting. However, my acne and oily skin cleared up immediately and I was not expecting this pill to do that. My skin is so clear now. Its a great plus. I have just finished my 2nd month on Previfem and my only real complaint now is the spotting. My mood and energy has improved, but I am still experiencing light spotting 3-4 days after my period is suppose to end. Hopefully, that will clear up as my body adjust to the hormone."

Angel2121 December 17, 2014

For Birth Control "I have never had such severe side effects with an oral contraceptive in the last 14 years (just turned 29); bloating, gas, 20lb weight gain, mood swings, still having cramps, and decreased sex drive. I gave it 3 months and it's just gotten worse. Beware ladies."

Horrible (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 24, 2014

For Ovarian Cysts "I started taking this Nov 27, 2013 for ovarian cysts. I also have been having issues with acne for about 2 yrs. I am 21. As of Jan 14 all my cysts are gone, my acne has improved although not resolved. I have gained only 5 lbs, but have increased a whole breast size. I have a some headaches, but Advil takes care of that. My main issue is some moodiness, however weighing the pros and cons there are pros. All in all it hasn't been bad at all."

sueanne78 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 28, 2014

For Birth Control "This birth control has increased acne, and appetite causing me to retain water. My breasts are also sore, and I find that I become nauseous no matter if I take it with food or not."

Pipster1371 May 14, 2013