User Reviews for Previfem

Birth Control
4.1

Summary of Previfem reviews 4.7 34 reviews

Reviews for Previfem

For Birth Control "I started taking this bc not even a week ago and I've been nauseous and had migraines this entire time. I've been so sick that I decided to quit this brand completely. When I drove in a car, worked out or even ate my own dinner I would get so sick that I'd have to stop. I don't recommend this pill but everyone's different so I cant tell you what will be your side effects, or if it'll work well for you."

JamieKk97 (taken for less than 1 month) August 13, 2018

For Birth Control "I’m on the first week of these pills because my pharmacy literally switches my BC each month. I’ve been nauseous on and off, I have anxiety attacks every day, depressed thoughts, and I’m exhausted. I’m so over this, why do I even bother taking birth control"

AK (taken for less than 1 month) July 31, 2018

For Birth Control "I have been taking Previfem birth control for over a year. So far no major side effects but I do notice a lot more break through bleeding specially a week before my period. Mood swings are also something that happen more often along with bloating. I have little to no sex drive. No hair loss. No weight gain."

Mom2 (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 30, 2018

For Birth Control "Used this for 5 years, was amazing for the first 4 years, no issues. The last year I was taking it all of a sudden I had yeast infections every period, long painful periods and no sex drive what so ever. Over time the side effects just grew to be unbearable. I ditched pills all together and me and my boyfriend just use condoms for 5 months and all my symptoms went away"

Kay (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 18, 2018

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "Well I was on mononessa which was fine for a first birth control it didn't give me side affects which was impressive! Now they gave me these birthcontrol pills previfem because mononessa was discontinued and now after being on it for a week here comes the side affects! The spotting and no sleep! Ugh"

Steph (taken for less than 1 month) May 11, 2018

For Birth Control "I've been on this birth control for almost a year now. If you want to prevent pregnancy it's great, but it KILLS your sex drive. I haven't wanted sex since I started this pill. I gained 18lbs and I eat decently healthy. Plus I exercise every day. I have noticed terrible mood swings as well as depression. My life isn't crazy stressful. I bled for two weeks straight in December 2017. I just finished a month long period two days ago. I've never been this irregular! After months of saying "I'll give it another try." I AM SWITCHING! As I said before, great at preventing pregnancy only if you want all the bad side effects that comes with it."

Varlyna April 30, 2018

For Birth Control "My Pharmacy switched me to Previfem , without asking or notifying me, from another brand of BC because the whole seller didn’t have my brand in stock. The pharmacy said it’s essentially the same. However, it’s a generic and this brand uses different inactive ingredients. My OB is mad, and said I can take it but there were specific reasons he has me on my original brand, and asked to notify him if my pharmacy can’t fill my original brand. I have clear skin. I have always had clear skin. I now have acne all over my face, chest, and back. I’m with ridiculous bloating, gas, constipation, and mood swings. Nothing in my life has changed, except the pills. I’m beyond pissed. Whenever I get back to my original brand, I’ll go trough more changes."

Lamb larb (taken for less than 1 month) March 24, 2018

For Ovarian Cysts "I have been on and off Previfem for about 6 years. My OBGYN started me on it after very irregular and heavy periods along with a diagnosis of PCOS. While on them I noticed that I was very numb to emotions and found myself very depressed. The moment I stopped these pills, I found a whole new side of joy and sex drive in my life. I am still on the lookout for a better birth control method, but I do no recommend hormonal birth controls anymore, especially this one. I have always struggled with my weight (side effect of PCOS) so I cannot say that this pill made me gain or lose any weight. My skin has gotten progressively clearer over the years, but I did start the pill when I was 18-hard to say if it was natural hormonal changes or the pill."

EK (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 21, 2018

For Birth Control "my pharmacist changed my birth control from tri-sprintec to this and told me it was the same thing. I do not like this birth control at all the first month I was on it broke me out so much, the second month I bled for 15 days straight and the third month it made my mood TERRIBLE. The only reason I’m still on it because they gave me a 3 month supply. After I finish this pack I will be changing back to tri-sprintec"

Katie19 January 17, 2018

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I took previfem from August ‘16-October ‘17 for heavy periods and bad cramping. The first month it made me break out like crazy on my forehead, but that cleared up rather quickly into the second month. It made my periods much lighter and eliminated my cramping all together. By the summer of 2017, I had a major shift in my lifestyle. I was no longer in college, where I was on the Crew team for three years, and a new job had started up. With the shift in my lifestyle, my periods became incredibly heavy. Still no cramping, but I was bleeding through super plus tampons after 6 hours. I know it was due to the stressors in my life and my lack of exercise, but my doctor and I have decided to switch over that is better equipped for my lifestyle"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 15, 2017

For Birth Control "I'm not sure about this birth control quite yet. I was on trinessa back in November or so and it worked fantastic for me, cleared up my acne, no nausea or any other side affects. Then I got really sick and had to stop taking the pill for a month or two, and when I tried to get back on it I had continuous discharge for over 5 months so I decided to switch to the shot but didn't like it, so here I am. When I started I felt nauseous all the time, my boobs hurt, stomach pains and cramps, and worst of all my acne. I never used to get cystic acne, but now I get it all over my mouth, chin, forehead, and under my nose, I hate it I keep reading reviews, and it's freaking me out. I'm not sure if I should continue taking this or not for 2 or 3 month"

Hayhay24 September 3, 2017

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I am not sure how I feel about this birth control yet. The first month I started, my withdrawal bleed came the 4th day of my placebo pills. The second month, was about the same. Every month I have experienced some sort of breakthrough bleeding. By my third month I started spotting about 5 days before my placebo pills and bled all the way through my placebo week. I am now in my 4th pack and I started spotting 3 days before my placebo pack and just took my 2nd placebo pill today, no real withdrawal bleed yet. This is the only form of contraception I am using. Has anyone else experienced this and should I be worried? I feel like my withdrawal bleed should start anytime because I am having some cramping."

Coopymok (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 16, 2017

For Birth Control "First birth control pill I have ever taken and it's been 2 weeks, so far so good. I haven't noticed too many side effects, besides soreness/some growth in the breasts. No intense cravings, no mood swings, no nausea, no weight gain and no depression. I am a little more sensitive than before but that's about it."

cici97 (taken for less than 1 month) June 16, 2017

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I bled for 7 weeks out of 2.5 months on Previfem. I also gained 7 pounds. I'd lose half of it during the placebo week, but it came back when I started the active pills again. I threw out my 3rd pack halfway through the active pills. It's been 4 days, and I'm 0.3 pounds short of my old, happy weight. Granted, it was probably just water weight, but my self esteem really is affected by my weight."

Anonymous February 27, 2017

For Birth Control "I am in the 9th month of taking this medication, and I don't have anything bad to say about it at this point. It has definitely done its job as keeping me from getting pregnant. My acne was also bad around my nose and chin before I started Previfem, but my skin is very clear and my period cramps aren't nearly as bad as they were before. They are also lighter. The only bad thing about this pill was that it made me very moody in the beginning."

DanielleA__ (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 13, 2017

For Birth Control "I started bc when I was 15 for acne and I was on Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo for about a year. I woke up every morning sick to my stomach, I had no appetite most days, and my acne only sort of improved. My insurance switched and so I switched bc to bc for a few months straight. I went from a knockoff, to sprintec, to knockoff of that etc. All helped with the nausea a little more, not too much with my acne, and a few made me very depressed. I switched to previfem and I have been on it continuously for around 2 years now. It makes me feel so normal that the first few weeks on it I was scared it wasn't working. Not pregnant. No acne. I have my cycle down to the exact hour. Would recommend for young girls who don't react well to combo packs."

19now (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 16, 2017

For Birth Control "Ive been on the pill for almost a year and the first three months my period was not regulated that after my period was regulated but i would spot 3 days before I had my period and I had no symtoms but after about 6 to 7 months I notice that my boobs would be tender almost all the time and that my appetite increase like I would be full after eating about 2-3 plate of food then like 30 mins to an hour later I would be hungry again and then I gained weight maybe like 5 to 8 pounds over 6 months it works and I really dont have a problem with the symptoms cause I now got use to it and my sex drive has acually increased"

Ashay (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 3, 2016

For Birth Control "Sure it's effective as birthcontrol because I have not gotten pregnant. HOWEVER... My periods have been heavier with bad cramps and acne. I also gained 8 lbs in a month now I am extremely active and eat healthy so this was unpleasant. The weight went away when I stopped taking it but honestly I've tried may birth control pills and this is BY FAR the worst. Just say no."

Jessi Vandano July 11, 2016

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I was never taken BC before but I would say that this particular one suit me quite well. Before I took it I had an extremely irregular cycle, where I could go two or three months without having a period. Also, I experience pain and fainted from it. This BC has helped me with those inconveniences; also I do not break out with pimples. I haven%u2019t tried another brand OF BC but seem to work just fine for me"

BC user June 27, 2016

"The only side affect I received from this BC is hypoglycemia. This started happening a couple of weeks after taking it. At first it would happen after I went running, but then it started happening randomly/ without working out. And it was a SUDDENLY drop so there wasn't a way to prevent it. Once I thought about what changed and narrowed it down to when I started my BCs, I stopped taking them immediately (1 yr later). After ~4 days I went running and didn't experience hypoglycemia at all. From that point on I was hypoglycemic free. I don't think anyone knows about this side affect which is unfortunate. Just some background: I was 34, am a black female, and wasn't on any other medication."

Lsj1125 (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 17, 2016

For Birth Control "I am on my 2nd week of this pill and have had terrible diarrhea, nausea, pelvic and leg pain, headaches, frequent thirst and much more. I want to switch but my doctor tells me its not possible for that medicine to cause those side effects."

Chelsm17 (taken for less than 1 month) May 2, 2016

For Birth Control "Before I started taking this I was on Gildess for about 2-3 years. My periods became so much lighter and it just made my skin that much better! I did gain a lot of weight with Gildess in the beginning but it soon shed off after a month or so. I ended up coming off of birth control (worst mistake of my life! I got post birth control acne at its very worse!) anywho, I went back to the doc and she prescribed me prevefim....... I've been on prevefim for a little under a year and I flipping hate it!! First of all, weight gain wasn't a problem.. But my acne is not under control at all. She said it was supposed to clear up my skin and it has yet to do any thing! Best thing about it is no babies. Do not use this!"

Shaiayn March 31, 2016

For Birth Control "This was the first BC I was put on. Bled continuously for 6 months. My OB/GYN prescribed it to take so my periods would stop, so 6 months of that was enough. I also have migraines, which I take Topamax to prevent, but with the Previfem they were coming nearly every other day. Extreme nausea and regular vomiting were also lovely side effects I experienced. I switched to Gildess or Junel, depending on which the pharmacy had in, and they were both a dream. None of these symptoms except for occasional nausea, so I took it at night to remedy that. Gildess and Junel are also used to regulate hormonal migraine headaches, and they both helped tremendously. I just got the Nexplanon, but will go back to Gildess/Junel if I don't do well with it."

Karki March 27, 2016

For Birth Control "As a mother of nothing but girls this really scared me. If your family had a history of blood clot, miscarriages, etc don't put your daughter/your self on an estrogen pill that has ethinyl estradiol in it. They gave her samples to take for 6 months. My daughter was on this pill for 3 months or less and ended up in the hospital with a blood clot in her lung. It was given to her to regulate her periods. This is horrible and would like all you women and young ladies to do your research and family history before starting any birth control. Now she has to suffer everyday with 2 shots of blood thinners possibly for life."

Stop and do your homework (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 18, 2016

For Birth Control "This has been the first birth control method that I haven't had a poor reaction to. My moods have been regular and I've experience no abnormal bleeding. My breast have gotten a bit larger which is nice, but they are somewhat sore. Also, I've gotten a few stray pimples but nothing too concerning. Overall this has been a great option for me and I would recommend it to anyone seeking a new form of birth control."

mlmlml February 15, 2016