User Reviews for Nortrel 1/35 to treat Birth Control (Page 3)

Nortrel 1/35 has an average rating of 4.9 out of 10 from a total of 62 ratings for the treatment of Birth Control. 34% of those users who reviewed Nortrel 1/35 reported a positive effect, while 42% reported a negative effect.

Nortrel 1/35 Rating Summary

4.9/10 average rating

Compare all 266 medications used in the treatment of Birth Control.

Reviews for Nortrel 1/35

Gorl · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 6, 2017

“So far I haven't really had issues with this birth control yet and I have been using it for 3 months. The main issue I had is that it made my back breakout more than usual but it seems like it's getting better now. I take it at night so it doesn't make me have any nausea. My periods are still not regulated normally with it yet but I have noticed they have gotten lighter, yet they are still painful.”

Mhm · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 19, 2020

“I had been on less strong pills before switching to this one, and I wish I never switched. This pill is absolutely awful. Prolonged bleeding and continuous spotting, terrible. TERRIBLE. constipation and bloating, and extreme anxiety and depression. Only pro is that my skin has been doing better. I wouldn’t give this pill to my worst enemy.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month August 1, 2017

“This is my first birth control pill I've tried and the first night taking this and I woke up with severe nausea and have been in the bathroom vomiting on and off for 4 hours now. Hopefully the nausea will go away and the vomiting will subside so the pill can do its job.”

jc · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 21, 2018

“I have not had a good experience with this brand. Like others, I used to take Necon, which I liked then got switched to this brand. Since the switch I have noticed an increase in anxiety and mild depression. I am a teacher so that comes with enough stress. This medication seemed to worsen it. I have never experienced such high levels of anxiety. After reading the reviews of this mediation I see now how it can affect some people. I am not going to continue with this brand.”

Sam · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 8, 2018

“This birth control was awful. While it did it's job in ensuring pregnancy prevention, I experienced the worst headaches and cystic acne of my life. Horrible mood swings and painful cramping. Do not take this medication if you have other options.”

c · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 10, 2020

“I'm not pregnant after taking Nortel 1/35, so that's a plus. I haven't had many of the side effects some others have. I occasionally get nauseous and I get a pretty annoying headache during the placebo week, but other than that I have 0 complaints. It's important to remember everyone reacts differently to medications.”

Ashley June 10, 2019

“I have been on this for 2 years since I was 18 and have had a great experience. My doctor started me off on Taytulla and I had so much anxiety from it. It cleared my skin, my boobs did grow a little, and I don’t notice a change in weight gain at all. Protects from pregnancy. I started the pill to help with acne and to help with me being emotional the week before my period, during, and the week after which left me with one good week out of the month where I wouldn’t cry everything! It fixed it after a month and my skin after about 2 months. One side affect I noticed was my skin did not tan the same and I was more prone to burning. Now that it’s been 2 years, this side affect has subsided. But so has it’s positive affects. I feel like I break out more now than I did in the past 2 years and that I am starting to be more emotional like I used to be for a longer amount of time around my period. Might just be the point I’m at in life but figured i’d share!”

Anonymous May 2, 2018

“Like most, I was taking Necon which was discontinued so Nortrel was / is its replacement. Nortrel has been the worst experience ever, especially days before and during my cycle. Per my experience ( migraines, nausea, and stomach cramps that feel like something is ripping it apart) all of which I didn't experience before, I don't think this drug is safe. I don't have cysts but the side effects of this drug is sure to cause some problems. I've decided to have my doctor change my prescription.”

Daisy8102 October 3, 2017

“Well when I started this pill, it took 3-4 months to regulate my period and it worked for about 2-3 months. Then I started missing periods and it was gone for 2 months. Finally my period came but I had it for 2 weeks. So then I start the new pack, I'm good for a week then I got my period. It lasts for 4 days then it stops for 5 days. Then it comes back for a full heavy week. It stopped for a couple days and then it came back at the HOMECOMING DANCE. All of this happened before the placebo pills. So currently I am transitioning to a different one. Also it made me very irritable and lowered my sex drive by a ton ”

CC · Taken for less than 1 month November 27, 2019

“I’m very emotional & depressed. I feel LOW. All I want to do is lay down & eat. I’ve been sleeping longer. I have no energy. It’s making my endo cramps worse. Just horrible. I haven’t been on it long but I’m feeling worse day by day. I switched to this birth control as the last birth control I was own gave me severe acne. And when I stopped it started to clear up. ”

AJR · Taken for 1 to 2 years April 9, 2018

“Just like everyone else I was on Necon for years no problem whatsoever. I got switched to Nortrel a year ago I'd say. I was a normal healthy person until I started this darn pill! The worst part about this pill is the nausea! I get sick almost every single day vomiting for hours and not being able to sleep due to an upset stomach and taking the pill a few hours prior. it's ridiculous. As for my periods they're all messed up. I could or could not get it who knows. For a year now I've seen doctors thinking it's some type of GI stomach issue. I'm beginning to think it's the stupid pill I am officially done taking these pills and if I start getting better I'm doing something about this as an writing to a company. I can see many females health have been at risk due to this pill and that is not alright! Nortrel watch out your reviews about to be bad.I've also been experiencing horrible moods along with depression and twice the anxiety I've ever had.making me feel like I'm unhealthy and insane.”

Deeeanaa · Taken for less than 1 month April 9, 2018

“So my OB just started me on this medication because I have ovarian cysts.!! I’ve had brith control in the past and I’ve never felt any side affects, unlike Nortrel I’ve had the WORST nausea ever.!! Keep in mind I’m on my first week on this medication I couldn’t find the reason of what was causing the nausea until I looked up the medication and BAMB.!!! Sure enough it’s this damn medication that it’s making me feel this way. I already suffer from anxiety / depression as it is but with this medication it’s 10x worse. Low sex drive I cannot wait until my doctors office open so I can call and let them know hopefully they will change it.!! OVER ALL SUCH A HORRIBLE MEDICATION.!!! Do not take if you are very sensitive.!!”

Liv · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 26, 2018

“It was an awful experience, mood swings weight gain and I had cystic acne which developed with in the first month of taking it. It ended up ruining the skin on my face. I have huge scars the dermatologist is helping me removing them but it scared me for life. Do not take.”

Olive7 · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 23, 2020

“I started Nortrel about three months ago and have gained 30 pounds, completely lost my appetite, and also restart my period the second I stop taking my pills and the exact same time. I was on Marlissa before this and while it gave me more anxiety it was nowhere as bad as Nortrel.”

SaraPineapple November 14, 2014

“I've been on this pill for 9 years and started looking on this page because I was told I have high blood pressure, high cholesterol, a heart murmur, and possibly lymphoma. I was just interested in the side effects. I don't know that my birth control has caused it but I'm healthy and 29. I eat healthy and exercise. My current weight is 101. I've never had weight issues with pill and never had bad cramps. Periods have always been easy. I do get a full period if I miss just one pill which I'm hearing isn't normal but it's what my body does. Overall I have been satisfied with this pill just wondering now what long term effects could be.”

TMiles · Taken for 5 to 10 years January 8, 2020

“I have been on this BC for 10 years , since I was 16 and never had a pregnancy , a symptom or a problem. It works good !”

Nisha · Taken for less than 1 month December 12, 2018

“Terrible anxiety, depression, mood swings with this brand of birth control. I've taken various forms of birth control for 16 years, this pill felt different. Felt awful on it, would not recommend.”

Anonymous May 30, 2018

“Worst birth control ever clearly didn't prevent pregnancy for me”

Faith87 April 22, 2018

“I feel great no side effects on my end! My periods don’t last long and they are regular thankfully”

There Mommy · Taken for less than 1 month October 1, 2017

“I started taking this medicine and by the second week I had red patches from my hands all the way up to my face. I stopped taking and with in 4 days gone. NEVER AGAIN....”

More about Nortrel 1 / 35 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone)

Other brands