User Reviews for Nortrel 1 / 35

Learn more about Nortrel 1/35.

Abnormal Uterine Bleeding 1 reviews 169 medications

Menstrual Disorders 2 reviews 71 medications

Birth Control 7 reviews 292 medications

5.9
Summary of Nortrel 1/35 reviews 10 reviews 8.0

Reviews for Nortrel 1/35

For Menstrual Disorders "Ive been on it for about 3 years. Has worked well and no problems. I was on a triphasic for a year and it made my migraines horrible the monophasic pill has helped. An interesting side effect is I do not continuously take the pills, i just take it normally. After a few months my periods completely disappeared. I freaked out thinking i was pregnant and took a test, it was negative and told my doctor and had a blood test ran and found no pregnancy or other problems. He said it was a side effect that my periods would just go away. It's great but still weird to me, I've only had spotting for 2 days in the last 3 years. Save money on tampons though! I also noted that your sex drive does go down, never had any problems with dryness though."

Sam K October 17, 2016

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "Worked great for abnormal bleeding. Great for mood swings. Made me fat fat fat."

Karebear123 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 7, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been on the pill for about 9 months. I've never been on any other birth control pill before, but then again, I'm only 18. I came on here because for the past month my lower part has been extremely dry and it feels like how it usually does after I have sex. Other than the dryness and fear of sex, the pill has been great. My periods are light and only last maybe 3-4 days and so far I haven't gotten pregnant. Definitely recommended."

Anonymous68 April 8, 2016

For Birth Control "I took Nortrel 1/35 for five years and generally liked it - I will consider getting on it again when the need arises. My skin was clear, I didn't get pregnant, I didn't have mood swings, and my period was light. I would take 6 weeks worth of pills, and then have a period, as recommended by my doctor. My main issue with it was that by day four of my period I would get a withdrawal headache that would last until I took the first pill of my next pack. This bothered me enough to stop taking it when I'm not in need of a birth control method. I did lose a few pounds almost overnight when I stopped taking it also."

nckhella (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 21, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been on this pill for 10 years now, all of my 20s and late teens. The first 3 months were hell as the other reviews pointed out, heavy bleeding that lasted two weeks for me, super emotional, cramps. After about 3 months things started to level out and I have not had any problems since then. So far the pill has proven effective in preventing unwanted pregnancy, helped control my acne slightly, my periods have gotten lighter. One downer I have noticed is it feels like my sex drive has taken a dip after a year of being on the pill, but aside from that no problems after 10 years."

Shannon87 March 20, 2015

For Birth Control "I've been on this pill for 9 years and started looking on this page because I was told I have high blood pressure, high cholesterol, a heart murmur, and possibly lymphoma. I was just interested in the side effects. I don't know that my birth control has caused it but I'm healthy and 29. I eat healthy and exercise. My current weight is 101. I've never had weight issues with pill and never had bad cramps. Periods have always been easy. I do get a full period if I miss just one pill which I'm hearing isn't normal but it's what my body does. Overall I have been satisfied with this pill just wondering now what long term effects could be."

SaraPineapple November 14, 2014

For Birth Control "The first night I took This pill I got the worst headache that woke me up, followed by severe nausea and vomiting. Hours later my left arm went numb and I had to go to the urgent care. It was so scary! If this happens to you- stop taking it!"

Jenbb August 17, 2014

"I went on Nortrel 1/35 at the age of 21 to regulate my periods, make them more manageable, less painful every month and to clear up my skin. During the first week I was extremely sad to the point where I was crying every day for no reason. I remained on the pill for a year and even though the first week was the worst with mood swings I remained emotionally sensitive throughout the whole duration of taking the pill. It helped clear up my skin within a few months and also made my periods more manageable as well as predictable. After a year though I broke out with erythema multiform all over my body due to a sensitivity to progesterone (that's the current diagnosis). I am now in the process of considering another birth control to balance it out."

hesitantalso May 30, 2013

For Menstrual Disorders "I love this pill! It has helped my skin, made my periods shorter and lighter (2 days) and I like it because its a monophasic pill. Triphasic pills often can lead to breakthrough bleeding because the hormones increase each week but the monophasic pills don't increase..they stay the same. "

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 16, 2012

For Birth Control "I've been on Nortrel 1/35 for about 10 months now. I'm 22 and this is the first time I've been on birth control. I had spotting between periods for the first few months I took it - way longer than you're supposed to. Sometimes it practically was a period, and then during the off-week I would have another one. But my periods were never regular and now they are - a good thing. My cramps, however, seem to have gotten worse. But my biggest problem is vaginal dryness! It's not that I don't have a sex drive, it's just that sex HURTS without an hour of foreplay and a gallon of lubricant. I guess that makes this a highly effective method of birth control, because I'm starting to avoid sex out of fear that it will leave me sore for hours."

Anonymous June 8, 2011

For Birth Control "Nortrel is the third birth control I've tried. I have been taking it the for 2 months now. I haven't experienced any breakthrough bleeding, which was my problem on the other two pills, but my periods on this pill have been unbearable. This pill has caused me to have extreme cramps, major mood swings, bloating, back pain, breast tenderness, and a very very heavy period. It lasts about 5 days, but it's far heavier than my period has ever been. I thought that my body just needed to get used to it, but my second period on this pill seemed considerably worse than the first. "

Anonymous February 9, 2011