User Reviews for Mibelas 24 Fe to treat Birth Control

Mibelas 24 Fe Rating Summary

3.0/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 277 medications used in the treatment of Birth Control.

Reviews for Mibelas 24 Fe

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 10, 2019

"I started this pill 5 months ago (I had an iud before) and at first I had minimal symptoms and my periods were very normal. Now I get super emotional and feel crazy. My breasts hurt really bad and I've noticed it gives me really bad anxiety. Not to mention my period just stopped, which was frightening to see because it was regular every month before."

LucyD June 12, 2019

"Oh wow. A BIG NO from me. I switched pharmacies and insurance and was told Mibelas 24 FE was basically the generic form of Minastrin 24 fe, BUT for me it is NOT THE SAME. I have had such bad emotional side effects for the last three weeks since starting it I thought I was basically completely insane. I have been so severely depressed, laying on the floor for hours any time I am not at work (going to take breaks at work to lay down on the bathroom floor and cry), I have gotten such bad anxiety that I was convinced several people close to me "suddenly hated me", and had 1 panic attack and 3 anxiety attacks in one week. My therapist said he had no idea what was wrong with me and suddenly we realized the only thing different in the last three weeks was that I was taking the "generic" form of my birth control instead of the regular... so I looked up Mibelas, and turns out MANY people switching from Minastrin are having the same exact issues"

JenNicole · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 22, 2019

"I have been taking Mibelas for around 4 months after my insurance switched me from Minestrin. I never had issues with anxiety until I started taking this medication. I’d have a panic attack once or twice a day. I had difficulty staying asleep and would wake up in the middle of the night. I had extreme moods swings. I was either angry or crying and unable to control it. I had my doctor rewrite me a prescription for minestrin not allowing for the generic. I’ll pay out of pocket to avoid taking this drug."

Igirl · Taken for 1 to 2 years September 4, 2018

"I've enjoyed this medicine just as much as Minastrin. Sometimes people can react to different additives/etc. I've had that happen before. The active ingredients are the same, however. My periods are very light, regular, minimal cramping, etc. It's great. I love that they're only a few days also. I've been on many brands and the only ones that have gone well for me are Yasmine, Minastrin, and Mibelas."

Liz · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 14, 2018

"I got switched to this birth control because of insurance and it is definitely NOT the same as Minastrin Fe 24. After a month I started to get anxiety to the point where I was sleeping 2-3 hours a night for 3-4 days in a row. My moods were crazy, I’d cry constantly for literally no reason. I knew logically my emotions and extreme anxiety didn’t make sense however I couldn’t help it. I stopped taking all my vitamins thinking it was clashing with something until I realized the only thing left was my birth control. I stopped taking it immediately and after a week I was back to normal. I tried to get back on Minastrin Fe 24 but my insurance literally wouldn’t allow it. I’m researching into how I get around that and get the medicine I need that works for me."

jdcb26 · Taken for 2 to 5 years May 15, 2018

"Everyone’s different; I get that. Most of the comments I’ve read on here were negative. Luckily, my experience on Mibelas has been a pleasant one. Never had any issues. I was on Minastrin Fe before my insurance switched it to Mibelas and I see nor feel any difference. No complaints here."

Meg · Taken for less than 1 month March 13, 2018

"Only a month in and having the absolute worst experience. This is the 3rd birth control pill I have ever tried and I have never had this bad of problems. 2 weeks in to the pack I started bleeding. I'm now almost to the end of the pack and still bleeding off and on ever single day. I have horrible mood swings. I get so upset over nothing. My anxiety is horrible! I'm overly emotional too! I'm driving myself insane and probably everyone else around me. I'm going to start the next pack but if by the end of that one I'm not better... I'm done with mibelas 24. I NEVER had any kind of horrible side effects like this one Minastrin 24. My insurance no longer covers minastrin 24 so I was switched to mibelas 24. Not the same AT ALL so far!!"

AnonymousKM February 6, 2018

"My insurance automatically switched my birth control to this brand since they no longer covered Minastrin 24 Fe anymore. So about 5 months ago I started taking Mibelas 24Fe. The first month everything seemed pretty normal, the second month my period was a day late (which has NEVER happened before), and by the third and fourth months, I didn't get a period at all, no spotting or anything. As a person who is sexually active, it would be nice to get my period every month as peace of mind that I'm not pregnant. (Before you read what's next, both months I took pregnancy tests and both were negative.) I also have been experiencing some serious mood swings and also developed acne on my back. Not extreme side effects, but definitely side effects I have never gotten on previous birth controls before."

PaigeMe November 23, 2017

"I wish I had read about this pill before taking it. I was on Minestrin for two years and loved it. CVS switched me to Mibelas, and I experienced terrible headaches and extreme shortness of breathe to the point I thought I was going to choke to death. It took me awhile to figure out it was the Mibelas, but when I did, I stopped taking it, and I never felt better. I had constant headaches for the 2 months I was taking it, and severe anxiety. I stopped going to class and literally thought I was losing my mind. It is not worth the price difference between Minestrin and Mibelas. This product should not even be sold."

Mibe-blahs · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 18, 2017

"I took Loestrin and then Minastrin for years. I was off the pill for a couple of years and then wanted to get back on. My doctor prescribed Mibelas. I started taking the first pack on the first day of my period, and then my period lasted for 11 days. I stuck it out for 4 months. I've never had any spotting on or off the pill and with Mibelas I was spotting for at least a week every month in the middle of the pack, and then I'd still get my period. It killed my sex drive and gave me headaches. The only benefit is it gave me slightly clearer skin and kept me from getting pregnant. Worst birth control I've ever taken."

Acne scars November 13, 2017

"CVS and my insurance switched me from brand name minsatrin to generic mibelas. I had beautiful skin and never had an acne problem until I went on mibelas. About a month after starting mibelas I developed cystic acne that was not only painful but has left significant scarring on the sides of my face at 24 years old. Immediately after stopping it, the acne stopped. My gynecologist got me off that god awful brand and told me that though the pharmacist and insurance will claim that generic and brand name are the same, they are not. Thanks a lot for ruining my face mibelas. While the nominal out of pocket cost was $0, I have spent hundreds to get rid of these cysts on the side of my face."

Skub · Taken for 6 months to 1 year November 8, 2017

"I was switched to Mibelas from Minastrin (probably because my insurance wanted to cover the generic.) It was effective in preventing pregnancy and after a few months my period stopped completely. In the last month or two I was on it I became very depressed and experienced mood swings. I also gained about 10lbs since starting it but I'm not positive I can attribute it to the birth control. But since being off Mibelas for 2 1/2 weeks and on Lo Loestrin I have lost around 2lbs and do not feel the depression or mood swings I felt in Mibelas."

CHARLEYP October 11, 2017

"Switched to Mibelas after many years on Minastrin and felt awful. Tired, moody, dizzy- just overall yuck! Much rather pay more to feel better!"

Hormonally Challenged · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 5, 2017

"After trying several pills that did not agree wth me, I ended up on minastrin for the last 2 years. I had minimal side effects and I never got my period or any of the symptoms, loved this pill!! I was given mibela from pharmacy earlier this year, and I absolutely hate it!!! Most definitely not the same as minastrin, no way this the generic form. After being on it for 5 months, thinking the side effects would level out, its worse than ever! I eat fairly well and exercise at least 3-5 times a week. I get ankle swelling, gained 15 lbs, very bad headaches at least 3/4 times a week, cramps, extreme mood swings, depression to the point where I didn't want to leave my house, and got a very heavy period every other week lasting 3-4 days"

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 2 years September 20, 2017

"Works fine. And it is the same as minastrin, I don't know if anyone else on here took a chemistry class, but minastrin and mibelas are made up of the same chemical composition, and therefore the same product produced by "different companies". I had no weight gain, light periods that lasted three days."

Can'twaittoswitch · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 6, 2017

"I was on Minastrin for 3 years when I went to the pharmacy they gave me mibelas. I have been on mibelas for 4 months now and hate it. My headaches are more severe, I gained weight with no change in my diet, my legs ache almost all the time, anxiety is worse I am waking up in the night with anxiety, mood swings and short temper plus when on minastrin I never got my period now I get it and the cramps are horrible. I would not recommend this pill to anyone and can't wait to switch it even if I have to pay out of pocket."

noxnew · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 31, 2017

"I was on Minastrin for several years and was switched to Mibelas. I have been taking it for several months and haven't had any issues with it. I don't feel any differently on Mibelas. In fact, I feel like my anxiety is better than it's been in a long time."

neverusingmibelasagain · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 17, 2017

"I have been on Mibelas since April, still continuing to follow my same dieting and exercise patterns (4-5 times per week). I have gained 12 lbs since then, had terrible headaches and lack of sleep, period has been longer and heavier as well as my anxiety is at an all time high. I am going back to my original birth control, just upsetting that now I have to pay for it or use something that has worked for years with no problem."

AwfulDrug259 June 29, 2017

"I was unknowingly switched from Minastrin to Mibelas and was told that these are equivalent. I was on Minastrin for over 4 years with no problems, but Mibelas has been horrible. My periods have been extremely heavy and last a lot longer than on Minastrin. I have no energy and feel horrible."

Onbirthcontrolfor10yrs · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 13, 2017

"There is a recall in this pill do not take it. This pill personally gave me heavy bleeding and severe headache"