User Reviews for Mibelas 24 Fe to treat Birth Control

Mibelas 24 Fe Rating Summary

4.2/10 Average Rating

Compare all 267 medications used in the treatment of Birth Control.

Reviews for Mibelas 24 Fe

EV · Taken for 1 to 2 years June 4, 2020

“Been on this generic Ministren for a while now. I didn't have any side effects transitioning onto Mibelas, as it is the same amount of active ingredient. I love this pill because I don't suffer severe PMS symptoms and I do not get pregnant. I also rarely get a period at all. I jokingly refer to it as being "on my fake period" because I do not bleed. I do get a little moody or anxious 2 days before I start the sugar pills. However I immediately feel better once I start a new pill pack. I normally wait the 4 days to allow my body to reset but even so, I don't bleed. I am 30 now and have been on BC for almost the majority of my life. It's a luxury to not worry about becoming pregnant.”

Lj94 · Taken for 2 to 5 years April 25, 2020

“Great experience throughout 4 years of use - the first and only form of BC I’ve ever used. Starting on BC I was prescribed Minastrin 24 Fe, then sometimes I get sent generic, sometimes Mibelas 24 Fe (it’s all exactly the same, just different manufacturers). Slight mood swings and spotting in the first few months starting out, but felt totally normal again soon after. No weight gain, no unusual skin reactions, nothing. Going 4 years strong and the experience taking this BC has been seamless in my life. Unfortunately, usually only the rare few dissatisfied individuals leave reviews, so I wanted to speak up to praise this product.”

Sullivan · Taken for 2 to 5 years April 23, 2020

“This birth control is the best! I had pretty bad acne, maybe borderline cystic, and ever since starting this birth control Mirabelas 24 FE , my skin has been clear! It also helped me put on weight because I was on the skinnier than average side. I also don’t get period, which I’m not sure if that’s a good or bad thing, but for me, it’s good because I get zero cramps as opposed to the TERRIBLE cramps I used to get. Just consult with your Gyno first!”

Lunabioo · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 25, 2020

“This medication Mirelas 24 Fe is HORRIBLE. This took months off of my life that I will never ever get back. This put me through the worst 2 depressive episodes I have ever experiences. Not being able to THINK, not being able to function, literally in a daze, not being able to do basic things like shower, this thing made me emotionally numb for months. The only 2 times I have had these episodes were while I was put on this as a generic because they ran out of my real pill. This pill is a monster I will never go near it again. I would not wish my experience on my WORST enemy”

AS December 22, 2019

“I started this birth control (BC) pill called Mibelas 24 Fe about 5 months ago. This is the first BC I’ve ever had. 1st month I had awful side effects (breast tenderness, migraine, and felt like I was going crazy) and for the first 2 months I had breakthrough bleeding. After the first month, those side effects went away. As someone who bled very heavily prior to BC, I have had no cramps and light bleeding while on Mibelas. I believe this is my 5th month and I have not bled at all this month... & I have never missed a dose. I know BC can cause amenorrhea but as someone who had very regular periods prior to starting the drug and is sexually active, having my period regularly is a nice peace of mind.”

Anonymous November 7, 2019

“I actually really like this birth control. Reading all the reviews really had me scared but I’m glad I gave it a try. I had been on Loestrin 24 fe for a while but it’s now discontinued so I had to make a switch. I tried Blisovi at first because the dr said it was the same and I had a terrible experience. Mibelas has not given me any side effects other than a little spotting in the beginning and I now skip my period which I find odd, but guess I shouldn’t complain? I do feel a tad bit bloated and like I’ve gained a few pounds but don’t have a scale to confirm this. Other than that, I barely even realize I’m on bc”

a · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 23, 2019

“Prevented me from ever being pregnant, but had to stop taking it because I've been heavily bleeding for over a week on this medication and it is month 4 now of me taking it. I took it the same time every day and never missed a pill. Made me bloated, get headaches, and want to cry every night. Happy to be switching to a new birth control because this was a mess.”

tamrn · Taken for less than 1 month September 6, 2019

“Like most people, my insurance stopped covering my Taytulla so my GYN put me on this and said it was the generic. I've only been on it 3 weeks, and within the first week I was already feeling gross and bloated. I already feel like I’ve gained 5 pounds, and I eat really good and work out. The headaches are horrendous to the point they make me nauseous and feel like I need to vomit. Hopefully the side effects get better!”

Kayla · Taken for 2 to 5 years August 29, 2019

“I've been on this generic version of Minastrin 24 Fe for a couple years? I don't remember exactly. I really love it. I'm surprised at all the other reviews, but everyone has different biological makeup that causes them to react differently to things. I may have gained a little weight, but honestly I needed it so it wasn't noticeable. I was already a sad person and didn't notice any differences in my mood after starting the pill, I even had a period of being very happy with life hahah. I want to say it has helped with my skin. Minastrin stopped my periods, but I would still spot sometimes. I don't get periods at all with Mibelas. Is this normal? Unsure, but it's better than bleeding all the time and having cramps that make me miserable. I'm thankful that my body is kind to me and lets me have this positive experience. I hope everyone is able to find something that works well for them, too.”

Mackenzie · Taken for 6 months to 1 year August 21, 2019

“My insurance switched me to the Mibelas 24 Fe without warning and my experience has been awful. I've been in full blown depression (which I have never experienced), anxiety, numbness, mood swings, and anger outburst, my periods are back & heavy and painful. Also became extremely sensitive to the sun and burned when I never did before. I am a therapist so at first I was worried maybe it was something wrong with me so I tried managing my depression symptoms other ways but it never worked. It was relieving to here this medication is known for these emotional changes. I'm getting off of this medication immediately”

NotMe · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 21, 2019

“Like many others on here, I was swapped onto the Mirbelas 24 Fe pill due to insurance reasons. I have nothing that good to say about this pill. I’ve noticed -increase in anxiety -weight gain of around 15 pounds -heavier periods -longer lasting periods -irregularly in periods -more headaches -sore breasts -cramps (never had cramps before taking this) -cystic acne”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 10, 2019

“I started this pill 5 months ago (I had an iud before) and at first I had minimal symptoms and my periods were very normal. Now I get super emotional and feel crazy. My breasts hurt really bad and I've noticed it gives me really bad anxiety. Not to mention my period just stopped, which was frightening to see because it was regular every month before.”

LucyD June 12, 2019

“Oh wow. A BIG NO from me. I switched pharmacies and insurance and was told Mibelas 24 FE was basically the generic form of Minastrin 24 fe, BUT for me it is NOT THE SAME. I have had such bad emotional side effects for the last three weeks since starting it I thought I was basically completely insane. I have been so severely depressed, laying on the floor for hours any time I am not at work (going to take breaks at work to lay down on the bathroom floor and cry), I have gotten such bad anxiety that I was convinced several people close to me "suddenly hated me", and had 1 panic attack and 3 anxiety attacks in one week. My therapist said he had no idea what was wrong with me and suddenly we realized the only thing different in the last three weeks was that I was taking the "generic" form of my birth control instead of the regular... so I looked up Mibelas, and turns out MANY people switching from Minastrin are having the same exact issues”

JenNicole · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 22, 2019

“I have been taking Mibelas for around 4 months after my insurance switched me from Minestrin. I never had issues with anxiety until I started taking this medication. I’d have a panic attack once or twice a day. I had difficulty staying asleep and would wake up in the middle of the night. I had extreme moods swings. I was either angry or crying and unable to control it. I had my doctor rewrite me a prescription for minestrin not allowing for the generic. I’ll pay out of pocket to avoid taking this drug.”

Igirl · Taken for 1 to 2 years September 4, 2018

“I've enjoyed this medicine just as much as Minastrin. Sometimes people can react to different additives/etc. I've had that happen before. The active ingredients are the same, however. My periods are very light, regular, minimal cramping, etc. It's great. I love that they're only a few days also. I've been on many brands and the only ones that have gone well for me are Yasmine, Minastrin, and Mibelas.”

Liz · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 14, 2018

“I got switched to this birth control because of insurance and it is definitely NOT the same as Minastrin Fe 24. After a month I started to get anxiety to the point where I was sleeping 2-3 hours a night for 3-4 days in a row. My moods were crazy, I’d cry constantly for literally no reason. I knew logically my emotions and extreme anxiety didn’t make sense however I couldn’t help it. I stopped taking all my vitamins thinking it was clashing with something until I realized the only thing left was my birth control. I stopped taking it immediately and after a week I was back to normal. I tried to get back on Minastrin Fe 24 but my insurance literally wouldn’t allow it. I’m researching into how I get around that and get the medicine I need that works for me.”

jdcb26 · Taken for 2 to 5 years May 15, 2018

“Everyone’s different; I get that. Most of the comments I’ve read on here were negative. Luckily, my experience on Mibelas has been a pleasant one. Never had any issues. I was on Minastrin Fe before my insurance switched it to Mibelas and I see nor feel any difference. No complaints here.”

Meg · Taken for less than 1 month March 13, 2018

“Only a month in and having the absolute worst experience. This is the 3rd birth control pill I have ever tried and I have never had this bad of problems. 2 weeks in to the pack I started bleeding. I'm now almost to the end of the pack and still bleeding off and on ever single day. I have horrible mood swings. I get so upset over nothing. My anxiety is horrible! I'm overly emotional too! I'm driving myself insane and probably everyone else around me. I'm going to start the next pack but if by the end of that one I'm not better... I'm done with mibelas 24. I NEVER had any kind of horrible side effects like this one Minastrin 24. My insurance no longer covers minastrin 24 so I was switched to mibelas 24. Not the same AT ALL so far!!”

AnonymousKM February 6, 2018

“My insurance automatically switched my birth control to this brand since they no longer covered Minastrin 24 Fe anymore. So about 5 months ago I started taking Mibelas 24Fe. The first month everything seemed pretty normal, the second month my period was a day late (which has NEVER happened before), and by the third and fourth months, I didn't get a period at all, no spotting or anything. As a person who is sexually active, it would be nice to get my period every month as peace of mind that I'm not pregnant. (Before you read what's next, both months I took pregnancy tests and both were negative.) I also have been experiencing some serious mood swings and also developed acne on my back. Not extreme side effects, but definitely side effects I have never gotten on previous birth controls before.”

PaigeMe November 23, 2017

“I wish I had read about this pill before taking it. I was on Minestrin for two years and loved it. CVS switched me to Mibelas, and I experienced terrible headaches and extreme shortness of breathe to the point I thought I was going to choke to death. It took me awhile to figure out it was the Mibelas, but when I did, I stopped taking it, and I never felt better. I had constant headaches for the 2 months I was taking it, and severe anxiety. I stopped going to class and literally thought I was losing my mind. It is not worth the price difference between Minestrin and Mibelas. This product should not even be sold.”

Mibe-blahs · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 18, 2017

“I took Loestrin and then Minastrin for years. I was off the pill for a couple of years and then wanted to get back on. My doctor prescribed Mibelas. I started taking the first pack on the first day of my period, and then my period lasted for 11 days. I stuck it out for 4 months. I've never had any spotting on or off the pill and with Mibelas I was spotting for at least a week every month in the middle of the pack, and then I'd still get my period. It killed my sex drive and gave me headaches. The only benefit is it gave me slightly clearer skin and kept me from getting pregnant. Worst birth control I've ever taken.”

Acne scars November 13, 2017

“CVS and my insurance switched me from brand name minsatrin to generic mibelas. I had beautiful skin and never had an acne problem until I went on mibelas. About a month after starting mibelas I developed cystic acne that was not only painful but has left significant scarring on the sides of my face at 24 years old. Immediately after stopping it, the acne stopped. My gynecologist got me off that god awful brand and told me that though the pharmacist and insurance will claim that generic and brand name are the same, they are not. Thanks a lot for ruining my face mibelas. While the nominal out of pocket cost was $0, I have spent hundreds to get rid of these cysts on the side of my face.”

Skub · Taken for 6 months to 1 year November 8, 2017

“I was switched to Mibelas from Minastrin (probably because my insurance wanted to cover the generic.) It was effective in preventing pregnancy and after a few months my period stopped completely. In the last month or two I was on it I became very depressed and experienced mood swings. I also gained about 10lbs since starting it but I'm not positive I can attribute it to the birth control. But since being off Mibelas for 2 1/2 weeks and on Lo Loestrin I have lost around 2lbs and do not feel the depression or mood swings I felt in Mibelas.”

CHARLEYP October 11, 2017

“Switched to Mibelas after many years on Minastrin and felt awful. Tired, moody, dizzy- just overall yuck! Much rather pay more to feel better!”

Hormonally Challenged · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 5, 2017

“After trying several pills that did not agree wth me, I ended up on minastrin for the last 2 years. I had minimal side effects and I never got my period or any of the symptoms, loved this pill!! I was given mibela from pharmacy earlier this year, and I absolutely hate it!!! Most definitely not the same as minastrin, no way this the generic form. After being on it for 5 months, thinking the side effects would level out, its worse than ever! I eat fairly well and exercise at least 3-5 times a week. I get ankle swelling, gained 15 lbs, very bad headaches at least 3/4 times a week, cramps, extreme mood swings, depression to the point where I didn't want to leave my house, and got a very heavy period every other week lasting 3-4 days”

More about Mibelas 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone)

Other brands: Junel Fe 1/20, Lo Loestrin Fe, Taytulla, Blisovi Fe 1/20, ... +43 more

Professional resources