User Reviews for Mibelas 24 Fe

Birth Control
3.1

Summary of Mibelas 24 Fe reviews 3.1 17 reviews

Reviews for Mibelas 24 Fe

For Birth Control "I've enjoyed this medicine just as much as Minastrin. Sometimes people can react to different additives/etc. I've had that happen before. The active ingredients are the same, however. My periods are very light, regular, minimal cramping, etc. It's great. I love that they're only a few days also. I've been on many brands and the only ones that have gone well for me are Yasmine, Minastrin, and Mibelas."

Igirl (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 4, 2018

For Birth Control "I got switched to this birth control because of insurance and it is definitely NOT the same as Minastrin Fe 24. After a month I started to get anxiety to the point where I was sleeping 2-3 hours a night for 3-4 days in a row. My moods were crazy, I’d cry constantly for literally no reason. I knew logically my emotions and extreme anxiety didn’t make sense however I couldn’t help it. I stopped taking all my vitamins thinking it was clashing with something until I realized the only thing left was my birth control. I stopped taking it immediately and after a week I was back to normal. I tried to get back on Minastrin Fe 24 but my insurance literally wouldn’t allow it. I’m researching into how I get around that and get the medicine I need that works for me."

Liz (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 14, 2018

For Birth Control "Everyone’s different; I get that. Most of the comments I’ve read on here were negative. Luckily, my experience on Mibelas has been a pleasant one. Never had any issues. I was on Minastrin Fe before my insurance switched it to Mibelas and I see nor feel any difference. No complaints here."

jdcb26 (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 15, 2018

For Birth Control "Only a month in and having the absolute worst experience. This is the 3rd birth control pill I have ever tried and I have never had this bad of problems. 2 weeks in to the pack I started bleeding. I'm now almost to the end of the pack and still bleeding off and on ever single day. I have horrible mood swings. I get so upset over nothing. My anxiety is horrible! I'm overly emotional too! I'm driving myself insane and probably everyone else around me. I'm going to start the next pack but if by the end of that one I'm not better... I'm done with mibelas 24. I NEVER had any kind of horrible side effects like this one Minastrin 24. My insurance no longer covers minastrin 24 so I was switched to mibelas 24. Not the same AT ALL so far!!"

Meg (taken for less than 1 month) March 13, 2018

For Birth Control "My insurance automatically switched my birth control to this brand since they no longer covered Minastrin 24 Fe anymore. So about 5 months ago I started taking Mibelas 24Fe. The first month everything seemed pretty normal, the second month my period was a day late (which has NEVER happened before), and by the third and fourth months, I didn't get a period at all, no spotting or anything. As a person who is sexually active, it would be nice to get my period every month as peace of mind that I'm not pregnant. (Before you read what's next, both months I took pregnancy tests and both were negative.) I also have been experiencing some serious mood swings and also developed acne on my back. Not extreme side effects, but definitely side effects I have never gotten on previous birth controls before."

AnonymousKM February 6, 2018

For Birth Control "I wish I had read about this pill before taking it. I was on Minestrin for two years and loved it. CVS switched me to Mibelas, and I experienced terrible headaches and extreme shortness of breathe to the point I thought I was going to choke to death. It took me awhile to figure out it was the Mibelas, but when I did, I stopped taking it, and I never felt better. I had constant headaches for the 2 months I was taking it, and severe anxiety. I stopped going to class and literally thought I was losing my mind. It is not worth the price difference between Minestrin and Mibelas. This product should not even be sold."

PaigeMe November 23, 2017

For Birth Control "I took Loestrin and then Minastrin for years. I was off the pill for a couple of years and then wanted to get back on. My doctor prescribed Mibelas. I started taking the first pack on the first day of my period, and then my period lasted for 11 days. I stuck it out for 4 months. I've never had any spotting on or off the pill and with Mibelas I was spotting for at least a week every month in the middle of the pack, and then I'd still get my period. It killed my sex drive and gave me headaches. The only benefit is it gave me slightly clearer skin and kept me from getting pregnant. Worst birth control I've ever taken."

Mibe-blahs (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 18, 2017

For Birth Control "CVS and my insurance switched me from brand name minsatrin to generic mibelas. I had beautiful skin and never had an acne problem until I went on mibelas. About a month after starting mibelas I developed cystic acne that was not only painful but has left significant scarring on the sides of my face at 24 years old. Immediately after stopping it, the acne stopped. My gynecologist got me off that god awful brand and told me that though the pharmacist and insurance will claim that generic and brand name are the same, they are not. Thanks a lot for ruining my face mibelas. While the nominal out of pocket cost was $0, I have spent hundreds to get rid of these cysts on the side of my face."

Acne scars November 13, 2017

For Birth Control "I was switched to Mibelas from Minastrin (probably because my insurance wanted to cover the generic.) It was effective in preventing pregnancy and after a few months my period stopped completely. In the last month or two I was on it I became very depressed and experienced mood swings. I also gained about 10lbs since starting it but I'm not positive I can attribute it to the birth control. But since being off Mibelas for 2 1/2 weeks and on Lo Loestrin I have lost around 2lbs and do not feel the depression or mood swings I felt in Mibelas."

Skub (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 8, 2017

For Birth Control "Switched to Mibelas after many years on Minastrin and felt awful. Tired, moody, dizzy- just overall yuck! Much rather pay more to feel better!"

CHARLEYP October 11, 2017

For Birth Control "After trying several pills that did not agree wth me, I ended up on minastrin for the last 2 years. I had minimal side effects and I never got my period or any of the symptoms, loved this pill!! I was given mibela from pharmacy earlier this year, and I absolutely hate it!!! Most definitely not the same as minastrin, no way this the generic form. After being on it for 5 months, thinking the side effects would level out, its worse than ever! I eat fairly well and exercise at least 3-5 times a week. I get ankle swelling, gained 15 lbs, very bad headaches at least 3/4 times a week, cramps, extreme mood swings, depression to the point where I didn't want to leave my house, and got a very heavy period every other week lasting 3-4 days"

Hormonally Challenged (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 5, 2017

For Birth Control "Works fine. And it is the same as minastrin, I don't know if anyone else on here took a chemistry class, but minastrin and mibelas are made up of the same chemical composition, and therefore the same product produced by "different companies". I had no weight gain, light periods that lasted three days."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 20, 2017

For Birth Control "I was on Minastrin for 3 years when I went to the pharmacy they gave me mibelas. I have been on mibelas for 4 months now and hate it. My headaches are more severe, I gained weight with no change in my diet, my legs ache almost all the time, anxiety is worse I am waking up in the night with anxiety, mood swings and short temper plus when on minastrin I never got my period now I get it and the cramps are horrible. I would not recommend this pill to anyone and can't wait to switch it even if I have to pay out of pocket."

Can'twaittoswitch (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 6, 2017

For Birth Control "I was on Minastrin for several years and was switched to Mibelas. I have been taking it for several months and haven't had any issues with it. I don't feel any differently on Mibelas. In fact, I feel like my anxiety is better than it's been in a long time."

noxnew (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 31, 2017

For Birth Control "I have been on Mibelas since April, still continuing to follow my same dieting and exercise patterns (4-5 times per week). I have gained 12 lbs since then, had terrible headaches and lack of sleep, period has been longer and heavier as well as my anxiety is at an all time high. I am going back to my original birth control, just upsetting that now I have to pay for it or use something that has worked for years with no problem."

neverusingmibelasagain (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 17, 2017

For Birth Control "I was unknowingly switched from Minastrin to Mibelas and was told that these are equivalent. I was on Minastrin for over 4 years with no problems, but Mibelas has been horrible. My periods have been extremely heavy and last a lot longer than on Minastrin. I have no energy and feel horrible."

AwfulDrug259 June 29, 2017

For Birth Control "There is a recall in this pill do not take it. This pill personally gave me heavy bleeding and severe headache"

Onbirthcontrolfor10yrs (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 13, 2017

More about Mibelas 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone)

Other brands: Lo Loestrin Fe, Taytulla, Junel Fe 1/20, Loestrin 24 Fe, ... +43 more

Professional resources