User Reviews for Lomedia 24 Fe to treat Birth Control

Reviews for Lomedia 24 Fe

Cobaltbabe83 · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 8, 2019

"I tried this birth control a few months for shorter and lighter periods. Plus my previous pill lo ogestrel gave me horrible headaches all month to the point I was tired. Lomedia did do its job as far as that. I had 4 day long periods, which was the shortest ever with me. My periods were almost always 6-7 days with or without birth control. But the cramps the first 2 days were so bad I could barely get out of bed. And my cramps even before my pill days were never bad. I gave it 3 months. Never subsided. So I was switched back to lutera. The only reason I gave it a 5 was for short periods and no weight gain."

Halley · Taken for 2 to 5 years July 18, 2018

"I’ve taken LoMedia, Blisovi, Gildess, all the generics that are the 1/20 with iron. Honestly, it’s been the best experience. My skin cleared up immediately, cramps are better for the most part, my period is lighter, lasts 3-4 days and always arrives predictably, and most importantly, no pregnancies. Minimal spotting or breakthrough bleeding, and no depression/increase in anxiety that wasn’t caused by my lifestyle. I gained about ~10 pounds over the 3 years I’ve been taking it but that’s likely because of lifestyle, to be honest. Overall easy to take and reliable, minimal side effects for me and it just makes my life simpler. Definitely a great lower dose option that took care of all the issues I was having. I know every body is different but this one seriously has worked for me and I haven’t noticed any difference jumping from generic to generic due to what my pharmacy has available/what my insurance decides to give me. Overall great birth control!"

high blood pressureeeee February 10, 2017

"I have been on birth control for 12 years. I was on Loestrin 24 fe for almost 8 years until they got rid of it. Ever since then I haven't been able to find the right fit. I was on this for 9 months. No breakouts. EASY periods that lasted a day if that. No cramps ever. BUT I gained 8 pounds and it made my blood pressure go through the roof. It was 110/60 before I started and alllll the months I was on it, my blood pressure was 145/99 so my doctor's pulled me off of it. The second I went off it was back to normal. Not to mention this birth control KILLED my sex drive. The moment I went off is when I realized."

AnxiousAndSick · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 29, 2016

"As somebody with high anxiety I can't recommend this medication to anyone with any kind of stress disorder. I have only been on this pill for about 3 months, so when I was constantly sick I thought it was my body adjusting to the hormones. However, I recently figured out that my nausea is due to high anxiety, which has been made VERY intense by this medication. I feel anxious until point of vomiting. My breasts grew which wasn't an issue for me but I didn't gain any other weight. My periods are much shorter and lighter but my cramps are just as bad as always. My appetite has decreased and although I feel hungry the second I eat I start to feel sick again. The drug did its job, but I am so uncomfortable I am considering switching pills."

More about Lomedia 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone)

Other brands: Lo Loestrin Fe, Junel Fe 1/20, Taytulla, Microgestin Fe 1/20, ... +42 more

Professional resources