User Reviews for Junel 1 / 20

Learn more about Junel 1/20.

Birth Control 7 reviews 299 medications

6.9
Summary of Junel 1/20 reviews 7 reviews 6.9

Reviews for Junel 1/20

For Birth Control "This is my fourth month in Junel 1/20. I used to be on Gildess & was switched to this after it was discontinued. I have to take a low hormone birth control because all other birth controls have given me extreme sickness. This birth control has worked very well for me. Light periods which are regular and predictable. I don't think this birth control has made me gain weight and if anything my skin looks good. I just feel normal which is a good thing. I do have anxiety problems so it's hard to tell if the birth control has been effecting that. I do have to say I've had some constipation but don't know if it is related to the pill and also slightly lowered sex drive but again not 100% sure if that's related to the pill."

AnonymousSUomynona May 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "This birth control over all is great (for me). I have not had any problems on it besides weight gain. I deff notice an increase in appetite and always gain 5-7 lbs when on it. I don't have an appetite when off of it. My periods are 2-3 days and are barely even there. I do have cramping & headaches a couple hours before getting it but nothing crazy that I cannot tolerate. No acne either!"

ChessB (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 19, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I was very hesitant to start birth control, but needed to as my relationship got more serious and I needed to be protected. The first 3 days of taking the 21 day pack Junel, I did experience some nausea (mild, but didn't have an appetite.) It did subside, but now looking back I have realized that slowly, but surely I have become super emotionless/apathetic a bit more month by month. I hit my threshold of not "feeling" this month and am most likely getting an IUD next month. I am a very emotional person, which I love that about myself. On Junel, I am numb and just blah. It's different from depression. Other side effects were very minor, but included my breasts growing half a cup, probably 1-2lbs weight gain in my mid section. Skin Is good."

COGIRL March 8, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I have been on Junel 1/20 for 2 months and just started my third pack. The first 2 months were fine. My periods are regular and actually shorter and lighter than they've ever been which is a plus!! But every night since I started this pack, I've woke up with nausea and vomiting! I've also had a terrible headache every day... One side effect I've had all along is lack of sex drive. Everyone responds differently to birth control but unfortunately, I do not think this one is for me."

AMI121515 December 15, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "i went on Junel fe about 15 months ago for extremely painful cramps during my period and for birth control, about two months after I lost most of my sex drive and over the course I've been taking it I went from 110-138, I'm 5'0 and 18, and even after all these months I'm still finding new stretch marks and gaining weight and I'm barely eating. I'm switching at the end of this pack(finally). I gave it 4/10 because it kept me from getting pregnant but otherwise it sucks."

Paisley19 (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 23, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I recently switched to Junel from being on Loestrin 24 FE for years. I have been on Junel 1/20 for a month now and I'm pleased to say I have had no side effects. The switch over has been flawless."

Zippidy do da July 28, 2013

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "This pill made my breasts swell up an entire cup size. I craved sugar like crazy. If I did not take my pill at the same time each day I would spot. I feel bloated regularly as well. I don't like it."

Anonymous April 29, 2011