User Reviews for Junel 1 / 20

Birth Control
6.7

Summary of Junel 1/20 reviews 6.7 13 reviews

Reviews for Junel 1/20

For Birth Control "I had been taking Microgestin since I was 16 and my doctor switched me over to Junel about 3 months ago and had me taking them continuously. Periods aren’t bad which is nice but I gained like 12 pounds within the first few weeks of taking it. I have always been a very thin person so I could tell something was changing. Just reacts to everyone differently, but not a bad BC."

Steph (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 5, 2018

For Birth Control "It says don't take if u r a smoker and over 35 well I don't smoke but I'm over 35 years old. I can say side effects are nothing major. I've had spotting nausea, headaches and no sex drive at all. My discharge had been greenish but I heard bc pills can cause it because I haven't got an infection. I forget to take it at same time sometimes but overall so far so good"

Mommakane37 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 25, 2018

For Birth Control "This birth control is the best one I've had so far! I've been on multiple birth controls for over 10 years but this has been good to me for a straight 3 years now. My hair grows beautifully and I DON'T gain any weight. I actually lost 5 lb but it does makes you little nauseas sometimes which decreases my appetite. You don't even notice it after a while. Love it!"

HealthyAnne12 (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 21, 2018

For Birth Control "I always find myself coming back to this pill. I went off of it because I wanted to try the Kyleena IUD and all my hair fell out. I got back on June 1/20 and my hair grew like weeds. Got off of it, hair shed. Got back on, hair grew like weeds. 8/10 because this pill does make me pretty emotional before my period but it only lasts 2-3 days and is pretty light. Also noticed bleeding during intercourse after being on this pill (was checked by doctor no STDs) probably from a thinning of the uterine wall. Cramps are mild and acne flares up only during my period. I’ve only noticed a 5 pound flunctuation on the pill that I accredit to poor diet and exercise... overall this has been my favorite birth control!"

Hi February 27, 2018

For Birth Control "I was on Junel Fe for 6 months. From the very beginning it made my acne horrible. I normally never have acne except for the week of my period, and then it will only be like one or two Whitehead’s. But the entire time I was on this pill, terrible terrible acne all over my face. After being off Junel for a month my face is totally clear and back to normal. I stopped this pill because of the breakthrough bleeding I was having. It felt like I had to wear a light pad all the time because I never knew when I was going to bleed and sometimes the spotting was heavier than just spotting. Super annoying. My MD said it was normal, wait 3 more months. Welp, after 6 months no change so I switched pills. Didn’t really decrease cramping either."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 7, 2017

For Birth Control "Oh, Junel, you sneaky, awful pill..... Let me preface this by saying Junel did what it was supposed to do, which is prevent pregnancies. With that said, I got the WORST melasma (darkening of the skin) from this pill. My pharmacy changed to this from Gildess and that's when the problems started. Over the next year, I noticed that I had dark patches (which seemed to be getting larger and darker by the month). I am so upset about my skin and wish I never came across these pills. I used to have beautiful, flawless olive skin. Now it's looks like someone took a paint brush and flung paint all over my face. Do not take this pill.....there are better ones on the market that won't ruin your skin."

DesertRose33 (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 1, 2017

For Birth Control "This is my fourth month in Junel 1/20. I used to be on Gildess & was switched to this after it was discontinued. I have to take a low hormone birth control because all other birth controls have given me extreme sickness. This birth control has worked very well for me. Light periods which are regular and predictable. I don't think this birth control has made me gain weight and if anything my skin looks good. I just feel normal which is a good thing. I do have anxiety problems so it's hard to tell if the birth control has been effecting that. I do have to say I've had some constipation but don't know if it is related to the pill and also slightly lowered sex drive but again not 100% sure if that's related to the pill."

AnonymousSUomynona May 15, 2017

For Birth Control "This birth control over all is great (for me). I have not had any problems on it besides weight gain. I deff notice an increase in appetite and always gain 5-7 lbs when on it. I don't have an appetite when off of it. My periods are 2-3 days and are barely even there. I do have cramping & headaches a couple hours before getting it but nothing crazy that I cannot tolerate. No acne either!"

ChessB (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 19, 2016

For Birth Control "I was very hesitant to start birth control, but needed to as my relationship got more serious and I needed to be protected. The first 3 days of taking the 21 day pack Junel, I did experience some nausea (mild, but didn't have an appetite.) It did subside, but now looking back I have realized that slowly, but surely I have become super emotionless/apathetic a bit more month by month. I hit my threshold of not "feeling" this month and am most likely getting an IUD next month. I am a very emotional person, which I love that about myself. On Junel, I am numb and just blah. It's different from depression. Other side effects were very minor, but included my breasts growing half a cup, probably 1-2lbs weight gain in my mid section. Skin Is good."

COGIRL March 8, 2016

For Birth Control "I have been on Junel 1/20 for 2 months and just started my third pack. The first 2 months were fine. My periods are regular and actually shorter and lighter than they've ever been which is a plus!! But every night since I started this pack, I've woke up with nausea and vomiting! I've also had a terrible headache every day... One side effect I've had all along is lack of sex drive. Everyone responds differently to birth control but unfortunately, I do not think this one is for me."

AMI121515 December 15, 2015

For Birth Control "i went on Junel fe about 15 months ago for extremely painful cramps during my period and for birth control, about two months after I lost most of my sex drive and over the course I've been taking it I went from 110-138, I'm 5'0 and 18, and even after all these months I'm still finding new stretch marks and gaining weight and I'm barely eating. I'm switching at the end of this pack(finally). I gave it 4/10 because it kept me from getting pregnant but otherwise it sucks."

Paisley19 (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 23, 2015

For Birth Control "I recently switched to Junel from being on Loestrin 24 FE for years. I have been on Junel 1/20 for a month now and I'm pleased to say I have had no side effects. The switch over has been flawless."

Zippidy do da July 28, 2013

For Birth Control "This pill made my breasts swell up an entire cup size. I craved sugar like crazy. If I did not take my pill at the same time each day I would spot. I feel bloated regularly as well. I don't like it."

Anonymous April 29, 2011