User Reviews for Junel 1 / 20

Learn more about Junel 1/20.

Birth Control 7 reviews 305 medications

6.9
Summary of Junel 1/20 reviews 7 reviews 6.9

Reviews for Junel 1/20

For Birth Control "This is my fourth month in Junel 1/20. I used to be on Gildess & was switched to this after it was discontinued. I have to take a low hormone birth control because all other birth controls have given me extreme sickness. This birth control has worked very well for me. Light periods which are regular and predictable. I don't think this birth control has made me gain weight and if anything my skin looks good. I just feel normal which is a good thing. I do have anxiety problems so it's hard to tell if the birth control has been effecting that. I do have to say I've had some constipation but don't know if it is related to the pill and also slightly lowered sex drive but again not 100% sure if that's related to the pill."

AnonymousSUomynona May 15, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "This birth control over all is great (for me). I have not had any problems on it besides weight gain. I deff notice an increase in appetite and always gain 5-7 lbs when on it. I don't have an appetite when off of it. My periods are 2-3 days and are barely even there. I do have cramping & headaches a couple hours before getting it but nothing crazy that I cannot tolerate. No acne either!"

ChessB (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 19, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I was very hesitant to start birth control, but needed to as my relationship got more serious and I needed to be protected. The first 3 days of taking the 21 day pack Junel, I did experience some nausea (mild, but didn't have an appetite.) It did subside, but now looking back I have realized that slowly, but surely I have become super emotionless/apathetic a bit more month by month. I hit my threshold of not "feeling" this month and am most likely getting an IUD next month. I am a very emotional person, which I love that about myself. On Junel, I am numb and just blah. It's different from depression. Other side effects were very minor, but included my breasts growing half a cup, probably 1-2lbs weight gain in my mid section. Skin Is good."

COGIRL March 8, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I have been on Junel 1/20 for 2 months and just started my third pack. The first 2 months were fine. My periods are regular and actually shorter and lighter than they've ever been which is a plus!! But every night since I started this pack, I've woke up with nausea and vomiting! I've also had a terrible headache every day... One side effect I've had all along is lack of sex drive. Everyone responds differently to birth control but unfortunately, I do not think this one is for me."

AMI121515 December 15, 2015

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "i went on Junel fe about 15 months ago for extremely painful cramps during my period and for birth control, about two months after I lost most of my sex drive and over the course I've been taking it I went from 110-138, I'm 5'0 and 18, and even after all these months I'm still finding new stretch marks and gaining weight and I'm barely eating. I'm switching at the end of this pack(finally). I gave it 4/10 because it kept me from getting pregnant but otherwise it sucks."

Paisley19 (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 23, 2015

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I recently switched to Junel from being on Loestrin 24 FE for years. I have been on Junel 1/20 for a month now and I'm pleased to say I have had no side effects. The switch over has been flawless."

Zippidy do da July 28, 2013

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "This pill made my breasts swell up an entire cup size. I craved sugar like crazy. If I did not take my pill at the same time each day I would spot. I feel bloated regularly as well. I don't like it."

Anonymous April 29, 2011